Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Seraph Xii

Seraph Xii iiX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Games you've tried to hard to like, but don't.

At the very top of my list is Demon's Souls. I love Dark Souls and have beaten the game a ridiculous amount of times, but after about 10 hours with Demon's Souls I still wasn't immersed.

Others include Dragon Age and Brutal Legend.

Edit: Typo in the title, to = so*

Seraph Xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Resident Evil series, Dead Rising series, Bioshock, NASCAR, Medal of Honor, Batman series, Test Drive U2, NFS Shift, Crackdown 2.

Some of these games, mostly the racers are games I was looking forward to and persisted at them but couldn't get into them, others are big games I've tried to get into such as Batman, Bioshock etc. but hate them.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I tried really hard to enjoy Bioshock Infinite, but it wasn't happenng.

I tried Resident Evil games, but to no avail.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

State of Decay, I enjoyed the demo andfirst gameplay, that is until I loaded to play again and found about this time thing when offline, give it a chance again, but to be screwed over with resources and morale after loading a third time, I'm done.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Assault Heroes 2
Bulletstorm
Brutal Legend
Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair
Condemned 2
Crackdown
Dead Island (only the coop, I liked the single player)
Dead Rising 2
Fable 3
Grand Theft Auto 4
Halo
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Singularity
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled
The Witcher 2
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #6
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Fable 3

Loved Fable 2. But with 3 I just really did not enjoy it.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Uhh, there's a few for me.
  • Condemned 2: Bloodshot
  • Fallout 3
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Resident Evil 5
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Funny thing is…I still completed all these games (minus Condemned because of RROD). Still, Oblivion didn't age well and I played it in 2013. RE5 was just "meh" for me and Red Dead Redemption was the equivalent of watching wet paint dry. Lastly, Fallout 3 was utterly insipid compared to New Vegas.

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
TheDarkOne

LeGiOnOfPaIn666's Gamercard
There's a few.
All racing games
Resident evil games
Nearly all shooters(except halo)
Most fighter games
Old 02-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
Crispycjc666

CrispyCJC666's Gamercard
I found I didn't like Final Fantasy XIII as much as I thought. The characters were badly written and poorly voiced, and the story I felt was not very compelling. The combat was cool, and the graphics were great, but I just wasn't really as into it as other recent RPG's. I felt the same way about FF X as well, when it came out back on the day. I've loved all the other games in the series(except FF X-2), but those ones just didn't pull me in to the game world and get me involved with the characters like the others had.
Crispycjc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #10
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Halo: I don't dislike it to be honest, Anniversary was really fun to play. 3 and Reach had frustrating campaigns, but overall they were fun. On the other hand Halo 4 is terrible (IMO). But other than that, Halo games mean nothing more to me. I never cared about the plot, for example, or the characters.

Other games:
Assassin's Creed
GoldenEye Reloaded
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:09 AM   #11
maxxmisery

maxxmisery's Gamercard
I'll probably be roasted for this, but I have two of them.

Borderlands - I've tried so hard, but I just can't get into it.
GTA4 - I just don't like it. Can't get more than 3 hours into it before being bored out of my mind.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:36 AM   #12
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I really tried hard to enjoy the GTA games but I just can't for some reason :/ Particularily GTA IV.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #13
Seraph Xii

Seraph Xii iiX's Gamercard

I felt the same with GTA IV, it took me a good while before I started to get into it. Initially I was just disappointed at all the changed they'd made and the lack of content, especially after San Andreas.

Seraph Xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #14
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Far Cry 2 for me, it just seemed so boring... the HUD, the scenery, the characters. It came with a very passionate recommendation from a friend and i eventually had to admit i did about 5 hours and decided it could be traded back in.
Halo 3 i got a 4 levels in and just lost the will to play. As an introduction to the series it seriously put me off, although I have since been told it's sacrilege i played it first of all the Halo games (I was mainly a PS2 player before 360).
Old 02-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #15
xDARK KN16HTx

xD4RK KN16HTx's Gamercard
Bayonetta

BRINK (because the idea was so promising but it failed miserably imo)

need for speed: Rivals (i just want underground 3)

Assassins Creed IV (i feel like im going to hell because im saying that i didnt like it because every AC game before rocked my world but i wasnt a big fan of the naval battles in AC3 but i still had to try this out because it was AC but i just couldnt get into it.)

The Witcher 2

Dishonored
xDARK KN16HTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #16
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Tonsil View Post
Far Cry 2 for me, it just seemed so boring... the HUD, the scenery, the characters. It came with a very passionate recommendation from a friend and i eventually had to admit i did about 5 hours and decided it could be traded back in.
Halo 3 i got a 4 levels in and just lost the will to play. As an introduction to the series it seriously put me off, although I have since been told it's sacrilege i played it first of all the Halo games (I was mainly a PS2 player before 360).
LOL Starting off with the third installment of a story-heavy, sci-fi series will most definitely put you off.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #17
Skorpion XBA
Brick Breaker

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
For me it's BioShock and Fallout 3. The first two BioShocks didn't entertain me at all. Infinite was beast though. The only Fallout I've played is 3 and I really couldn't get into it.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #18
MeltingBalloons

MeltingBalloons's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Tyger7   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Assassin's Creed series
Borderlands series
Bioshock Infinite

These are my biggest three, but there are probably more.

Currently Working On (Arcade):

Upcoming Games:Splinter Cell: Conviction, Sniper Elite V2

Join The Fun

Thanks to Gackt for the terrific sig and avatar!
MeltingBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:38 AM   #19
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
BioShock and BioShock Infinite. I didn't find anything amazing about the first game, so I skipped game number 2, and was going to skip Infinite as well. After hearing tons of people claim Infinite was so amazing, I decided to give the series another try when the game was on sale. Again, I was unimpressed. They aren't terrible games, but I don't see myself ever playing them again (except to get the DLC achievements in Infinite whenever the Season Pass goes on sale).

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #20
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Fable 2: I tried, how I tried. The play control was maddening.

Far Cry 2: The game glitched on me so early on in the story I couldn't even progress to the boring part.

Condemned: Story aside, which was interesting. But like Fable 2 the play control drove me batshit crazy.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 02-18-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #21
Nathan WV10

Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
The zombies mode on Call of Duty is something I have always tried to get into, but never quite been able to.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Nathan WV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #22
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Fallout 3

- I just didn't enjoy it. I remember playing it and going through one of the first missions in the wastelands and I could not progress because I had no ammo left and there were tons of annoying enemies around every time I respawned. After that it completely put me off it.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #23
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I can't remember the last time I tried to force myself to play a game that I didn't like but I didn't enjoy Warframe on the PS4, found it too easy and boring nor did I like FF14 on PS3 because it felt like the average MMO.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #24
LordBern

LordBern's Gamercard
I'd have to say the Halo series. I don't hate them, but they're kind of 'meh' to me. Maybe because I don't dig the multi-player very much and the story is kind of stupid? Back in the day I played Final Fantasy 7 and hated it. I don't see why people love those Final Fantasy games. Convoluted story telling, weird combat systems, characters that look like they stepped out of a hair gel commercial, and the list goes on. No thanks.
LordBern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:20 PM   #25
Skorpion XBA
Brick Breaker

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBern View Post
I'd have to say the Halo series. I don't hate them, but they're kind of 'meh' to me. Maybe because I don't dig the multi-player very much and the story is kind of stupid? Back in the day I played Final Fantasy 7 and hated it. I don't see why people love those Final Fantasy games. Convoluted story telling, weird combat systems, characters that look like they stepped out of a hair gel commercial, and the list goes on. No thanks.
How did I forget about Halo?! I've tried. I played most of them, but it's not living up to it's hype imo.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:37 AM   #26
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion XBA View Post
How did I forget about Halo?! I've tried. I played most of them, but it's not living up to it's hype imo.
I play the Halo games more or less just for the continuation of the story. I ignore the MP nowadays as Reach and 4 were highly disappointing to me. Let's see if they fix it in Halo XB1.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:12 AM   #27
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Far Cry 2: The game glitched on me so early on in the story I couldn't even progress to the boring part.
This made me laugh. Not that I enjoy your personal technical difficulties or anything.

That game was a mess but I liked it. I was really into it for a good week one summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan WV10 View Post
The zombies mode on Call of Duty is something I have always tried to get into, but never quite been able to.
This is a big one for me. I love all things zombie and I've never been able to buckle down and get into this game mode. The closest I came was when it started back on World At War, and even then the most I would play would be two or three short matches with a couple friends. The convoluted Easter eggs they made the focus later on didn't help lure me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion XBA View Post
I've played them all to some degree or another and I just can't bring myself to care. Reach was my favorite, that should be a good indication of my Halo credibility.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #28
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
This made me laugh. Not that I enjoy your personal technical difficulties or anything.

That game was a mess but I liked it. I was really into it for a good week one summer.
I was very briefly tempted when it went on sale for download to give it another shot, it did sound interesting. That was a few years back when I played it before.

First time around I hit a game breaker that prevented me from progressing at all almost right at the start. One of the very first people you're instructed to meet at a bar during a certain time, presumably to get quests from.... the bar was always locked regardless of what time of day in-game it was. Didn't matter whether it was midnight or noon or anywhere in between. Locked, remember the quest marker was on the bar, telling me this is the spot.... but nope!

I tried clearing my cache, installing, uninstalling, restarting a new game a couple times.... same thing. Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
I play the Halo games more or less just for the continuation of the story. I ignore the MP nowadays as Reach and 4 were highly disappointing to me. Let's see if they fix it in Halo XB1.
I've always enjoyed the Halo campaigns. The MP, not my bag really but Halo 2's BTB was a blast back when XBL was in it's infancy. Other than that, nah.

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 02-19-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #29
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I've played them all to some degree or another and I just can't bring myself to care. Reach was my favorite, that should be a good indication of my Halo credibility.
A just spilt my drink while reading this.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #30
SparkStormrider

SparkStormrider's Gamercard
Resident Evil games. I have tried playing almost all of them over the years, and I have never been able to get into that game franchise.
SparkStormrider is offline   Reply With Quote