Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #31
Steelstick
Why so serious?

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Fallout 3. I'm a really big fan of Oblivion and Skyrim so I figured I might as well try out Fallout 3. Got the GOTY edition, played it a couple of hours and .. haven't touched it in months. I don't know why, but I just can't get into it.

Shame, as lots of people around here claim it is such a great game

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Steelstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #32
1001puppys
Dream Until Dawn ♥

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
[QUOTE=LordBern;6225123Back in the day I played Final Fantasy 7 and hated it. I don't see why people love those Final Fantasy games. Convoluted story telling, weird combat systems, characters that look like they stepped out of a hair gel commercial, and the list goes on. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaa? It was such a good game for it's time. I guess if you don't have a knack for strategy and fast turn based combat.

[Click Here for my Top 20 Games of the 7th Gen!]

I finally have each unique weapon and shield in Dark Souls II! -----> [Weapon/Shield Album]
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #33
DAnDaRk11

DAnDaRk11's Gamercard
Another vote for the Assassin's Creed series. I've played the first two games and I didn't enjoy them all that much. I may give Brotherhood a shot but it won't be for a while.
DAnDaRk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #34
Samigi

HD Monkeys's Gamercard
Never been able to get in to Halo, I have Halo 3, 4 and Reach so you can't say I haven't tried. I just don't see what the big deal is.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #35
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samigi View Post
Never been able to get in to Halo, I have Halo 3, 4 and Reach so you can't say I haven't tried. I just don't see what the big deal is.
You started a series on it's third installment…that's grounds for why you don't get the hype behind it.

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #36
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
You started a series on it's third installment…that's grounds for why you don't get the hype behind it.
I doubt he'll enjoy the first two if he didn't like 3, the best one.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #37
Samigi

HD Monkeys's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
What so you want me to buy the first Xbox just to play Halo 1 & 2?

My friends used to love this game when it was out, they hadn't played on the first Xbox either... so that can't be why.

Edit: I have Anniversary Evolved aswell.

Last edited by Samigi; 02-23-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Samigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:51 AM   #38
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Quote:

My friends used to love this game when it was out, they hadn't played on the first Xbox either... so that can't be why.

NO! LOL

I'm saying, a big reason you might not like the series is because you jumped into it in the middle and didn't get to experience the first two at their inception.

I'm not telling you to go buy an OG Xbox and play them, I was just stating a subjective assumption as to why I think you probably weren't fond of the series

Old 02-24-2014, 02:13 AM   #39
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Adding on to BiggD's point, it's probably never a good idea going into a game thinking "this is going to be the greatest thing ever".

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler
RIP Oderus Urungus
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #40
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
I doubt he'll enjoy the first two if he didn't like 3, the best one.
3 is the best one IMO too! I guess some people may disagree seeing as I only got into the series at 3's launch. Flawless multiplayer and a decent campaign. ODST was good but Reach and 4 were mediocre. Ahh I miss the days when Halo 3's population was 200k or more

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #41
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Adding on to BiggD's point, it's probably never a good idea going into a game thinking "this is going to be the greatest thing ever".
Exactly. That's grounds for danger-leveled disappointment.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #42
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge. Just couldn't get into any of them at all.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #43
godsandm0nsters

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard
Metal Gear Solid

Retail Complete inc. DLC 55 Arcade/Other Complete 22
Last Completion: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (1000)

♡ Sky Ferreira ♡
godsandm0nsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #44
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Sacred 2
Dragon Age Origins
Risen 2
Dragons Dogma
The Witcher 2
Fable 2&3
Splatterhouse
Remember Me
Aliens Colonial Marines

I really wanted to like these games, but I just ended up hating them. Remever Me dragged me in with its futuristic theme, and looked beautiful. After playing it however, I realised just how bad it was. Aliens is a film series I love. The game killed it. Total disappointment.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:08 AM   #45
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard
Quote:

You don't have to buy the first Xbox to be able to play Halo 1 & 2 though. They both work on the 360.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!

Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:03 AM   #46
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
I tried so Damn hard to get into RAGE. I was so pumped for it. The previews looked awesome. The graphics looked mind blowing the area looked amazing. Weapons looked great. unfortunately all that was false well except the graphics they were pretty good. New York was small in that game. The weapons were boring. The ai was not as smart as advertizing claimed. The ai sucked. The story was so confusing and boring I tried To just forget about the story period. The game had no real sense of exploring like we were led to believe. The game devs made freaking DOOM yet failed RAGE.

I wound up selling it after I tried 2 playthroughs I tried co op it was even worse then Sp. The races are good but Midnite club and Gta had more fun and varied race tracks.

I tried hard to get in Bayonetta. I don't want to talk about that atrocity. Nuff said.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-01-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #47
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff - Community and Events Team   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
The Last of Us.

It isn't awful, but it isn't the best thing since sliced bread either.

Friend requests without messages will be ignored!
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #48
Venterra

Aqua Venterra's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Tonsil View Post
Far Cry 2 for me, it just seemed so boring... the HUD, the scenery, the characters. It came with a very passionate recommendation from a friend and i eventually had to admit i did about 5 hours and decided it could be traded back in.
Halo 3 i got a 4 levels in and just lost the will to play. As an introduction to the series it seriously put me off, although I have since been told it's sacrilege i played it first of all the Halo games (I was mainly a PS2 player before 360).
There was just something about far cry 2 that did the exact same thing to me... I just didn't like the realism of the scenery to much - don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but, it's just difficult for me to get immersed with the malaria system the game had.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:15 AM   #49
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Borderlands 2. I loved the first one and was extremely excited for bl2. After going through it one time I was soooooo bored with it. Even with three other people. Every mission seemed like the same tedious shit.

I stopped playing it after I got the original k . Went back to it at each mp and was just bored as hell. I do have to say that the bright spot of this game was definitely Tiny Tina.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:33 AM   #50
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard
Mine would have to be LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Skate (It was to complicated at first)

Xbox 360: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Xbox One: Titanfall

Arcade: World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition (Artillery)

Signature Created By Audacious
]

PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #51
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Borderlands 1
Dead Space 3
Hitman: Absolution
Minecraft
The Witcher 2

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the sweet signature!
McGoogles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #52
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quite a long list. Mostly full of games that I hated so much that I sold.

Alan Wake American Nightmare
Banjo Kazooie: NnB
Borderlands
Dead Rising
From Dust
Kameo
Minecraft
NFS ProStreet
Risen
Saints Row
SFIV
TES IV: Oblivion

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #53
T4zi114

T4zi114's Gamercard
Hands down the game I tried the most times to like and never could enjoy was GTA IV. I disliked it so much that I don't care how many people tell me how great V is, I won't buy it. Not sure how long it will be before I have faith in a GTA game again.

Notable mentions include...
Bastion
Bioshock
Bionic Commando ( I should have listened to...everyone)
Kane & Lynch: Dead men
Dishonored (haven't given up on it yet)

-He backed out of this lobby for a better one-

T4zi114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #54
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
There are too many games that I've tried to like, but don't. Here are a few from the Xbox 360.

Forza - I love all the Need For Speed, Burnout, and Midnight Club Games so I was going to transition into a realistic driving game but I've tried and guess I'm better off with the arcade racers.

Bioshock - I love the whole concept to the game but I just couldn't get into the gameplay. I love the look to it all but maybe I never gave it enough time to dig into my brain.

Minecraft - Got it day 1 on the 360 and played tons of hours of castleminer (indie game) but just couldn't fall in love with this game like everyone else has.

Dead Space - I played the first one and skipped to the 3rd but just not for me.

Splinter Cell - I love Ghost Recon and one of my top favorite games on the 360 is RSV 1 + 2. I love the Terrorists hunts and the single player was awesome so I gave Splinter Cell a go and I found it too slow to my liking.

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #55
T4zi114

T4zi114's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfulz View Post
There are too many games that I've tried to like, but don't. Here are a few from the Xbox 360.

Splinter Cell - I love Ghost Recon and one of my top favorite games on the 360 is RSV 1 + 2. I love the Terrorists hunts and the single player was awesome so I gave Splinter Cell a go and I found it too slow to my liking.
Which splinter cell games did you try? I've played waaay more splinter cell and graw 2 than Rainbow six vegas and I'd say they all can move about the same pace.

-He backed out of this lobby for a better one-

T4zi114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #56
Blood Inside

Blood Inside's Gamercard
MINECRAFT - I've tried, but I just don't understand the appeal. Yes I know it's a creative tool, I just don't see the attraction of "creating" something out of rubbish squares, all the while getting attacked if the sun goes down? *shrug*

SKYRIM - OH GOD EVERYTHING IS SO BROWN.

FORZA 3,4,5 - The whole experience is so sterile. It has no character, yes the cars look pretty, but the sterile lifeless simulation world in which I have to drive them is about as vibrant as a digestive biscuit. Just because the mechanics are "simulation" style, doesn't mean the game has to be so po-faced. Forza Horizon was much more enjoyable. Forza 5's pretentious and repetitive "dramatic classical music" gets right on my tits (and there isn't yet the option to play my own music on the xbox one).
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #57
-Nicko-

Nicko2000's Gamercard
Dead Rising is one that immediately springs to mind. Not played 3 yet, but just could not get into the first or second at all.

One series I kind of broke my streak with was Saints Row. Absolutely detested the first two, and then loved the 3rd. I found the 4th a bit of a step down, but still enjoyed it quite a bit.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #58
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Dead Space 3. It was a real let down compared to the predecessors in my opinion. I was so excited for it and was rather disappointed. I kinda hope they don't make a DS 4 now.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #59
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Halo: Reach and CE.

I finished them because i hate to leave the campaign in any game unfinished but nothing really wowed me about them. Considering giving 2 and 3 a shot but not really convinced.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #60
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicklyplague View Post
Halo: Reach and CE.

I finished them because i hate to leave the campaign in any game unfinished but nothing really wowed me about them. Considering giving 2 and 3 a shot but not really convinced.
I am actually yet to finish CE myself. I'm in the middle of the campaign and I don't really have any interest in finishing it. Its not very fun. I know it was considered amazing at the time of the original release, but for someone like me who started the Halo series with Halo 3, it isn't very good. Reach was OK, not amazing though. Halo 3 is one of the funnest games I have ever played, its far better than Reach in my opinion. I'd give it a shot if I were you. The achievements are pretty simple aswell.