Subscribing to XBA FAQ

Creech

Welcome to the Subscribing to XBA FAQ thread!

Have questions about subscribing? Donating? Want to help out the number one achievement website on the internet? All of your questions can be answered here!

The purpose of subscribing is to help us maintain the site, which helps keep the servers up and running to provide you all with the best achievement site around. The main benefit of donating or subscribing is the knowledge that you're giving back to the community. Ever want to help contribute to the site, but you don't write guides? This is your chance!

Q: How much does it cost to subscribe?

A: There are 5 options to choose from when subscribing. There are currently no benefit changes for different levels other than personal sense of contribution and a different colored badge.

spacer.png Basic - $4.99 US/month

1869555420_subscribebronze.png Bronze - $9.99 US/month

spacer.png Silver - $14.99 US/month

1668089135_subscribegold.png Gold - $19.99 US/month

spacer.png Platinum - $24.99 US/month

Q: Where do I Subscribe or Donate to XBA?

A: To subscribe, click the link below. Unfortunately, there is not a separate way to donate at this time, but will return soon.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/subscriptions.php

Q: Can I donate with a credit/debit card?

A: Not directly, no. We accept payments through PayPal, so to use a credit or debit card, simply add that to your PayPal profile as the primary fund source.

Q: Why PayPal and not direct credit/debit cards?

A: PayPal is the only way to subscribe or donate, for your protection as well as ours. PayPal also offers us additional tracking information so that many other payment methods don't. This may change in the future, but currently PayPal is it. You can find more information about how secure PayPal is HERE.

Q: Can anyone subscribe, or is this limited to people in the US?

A: Yes! Anyone can be a subscriber, it's not limited to the US only. You simply require a PayPal account.

Q: How long does the subscription last? Are you tied to a contract?

A: Once you subscribe, you are a subscriber for a month. There are no contracts.

Q: Do subscriptions auto-renew?

A: Yes, it renews on a monthly basis.

Q: Would it be the first of every month? or last? or is their a specific date?

A: It will charge your PayPal account on the same day next month. If your first payment is on the 9th, it will renew on the 9th the next month.

Q: Can I cancel at any time?

A: Yes. You can cancel at any time; you will remain a Subscriber for the rest of that month even if you cancel early.

Q: How do I cancel my subscription?

A: On the overview of your PayPal page, click on details of your subscription and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will find the cancel option there. Alternately, look at the pre-approved payments list and cancel from there.

Q: Who do I talk to about issues with subscribing or donations?

A: @RoutineXis the appropriate contact for right now. Feel free to send him a PM with details (including your PayPal-linked email address if it is a payment research request).

Q: Are there any rewards or perks for being a subscriber?

A: Yes!

• All advertisements are removed from the site!
  • You receive hourly (instead of daily) tracking updates to your profile.
  • You are awarded a forum badge that matches which level of subscriber you choose along with the donation forum award.
  • Subscribers also have access to a subscribers only forum!
  • Your forum name will be changed to green to show that you're an active subscriber.
  • Subscribing is the only way to change your forum name.
  • You will have a higher level of visibility with the staff, the chance to be involved in special projects that are not open to regular members, ability to submit questions for developer interviews and more.
  • Larger avatar size increased to 150x150 pixels and 97.7 kb.
  • You get a customizable title to add under your username.
  • You will be able to join the Maximum Clubs without needing to meet the normal requirements.
  • You will be able to create your own Subscriber Club within the Maximum Clubs.

This is a great way to get more involved and give back to this fantastic community!

Q: If I cancel, will I lose my green name, custom title and my subscription award?

A: Yes. You will keep your donation award but the others will be removed as they are awards for being an active subscriber.

Q: What is the point in donating?

A: Donating is a great way to give a little back to the community!

Q: What perks are there for donating as opposed to subscribing?

A: Donating will give you a forum award based on the amount you donated. You also get these as a subscriber. There are a few different levels to this award.

spacer.png $1-149

spacer.png $150-249

spacer.png $250-349

spacer.png $350-499

spacer.png $500+

Q: I want to change my forum name, can I just donate to do this?

A: No, only subscribers get the perk of having their names changed.

Q: I have a few infractions to my name, will these get wiped if I show my support to the site?

A: No, but they do eventually expire. They will forever be visible to the staff of the site.

Q: How long does it take for my name to turn Green and when will I have access to the subscriber forum? Also what about my forum awards?

A: Once you subscribe, access to the subscriber forum is granted right away. You also will have access to your new customizable title which can be found under User CP > Details.

There is a thread in the subscribers forum where you can post requesting your Green name.

You can find the thread for requesting missing awards HERE.

Q: I'm interested in subscribing and was wondering if there is a minimum subscription time?

A: Once you subscribe, you are a subscriber for the rest of that month. It automatically gets renewed monthly unless you cancel it through PayPal.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Why did you become a subscriber?

I felt quality and the amount I was on the site and felt I really needed to be giving as well as taking!

I was on the site loads before I even became a mod, and am proud to say Iv helped the site grow and grow into what it is today and what it will become in the future, and its only the cost of 5 pints, which I wont really miss over a month lol

JI Subscribe for the simple fact of giving back.

The site has provided me with so much help, that I felt that Donating was simply NOT enough. I had to Subscribe. I am currently in a Bronze Subscription. I will be upgrading in the near future. Some of you know that I am actually "strapped" when it comes to cash, but no matter...I still subscribe.

I have love for this site and its members. I have met some of the kindest and most helpful people on here. This is what keeps me coming back! The site is clean and fresh with an Excellent Staff! The Guides are extremely helpful and for the most part, the members are Great!

Just became a silver subscriber and although i have hardly posted on here i have used this site loads in getting my 100k and like daywalker said i would normally go out and spend £10-£15 a time on a guide and i been using this site free for ages so just giving a little something back

I became one for the perks and to give the site my moneyz. It felt right to give back to the site and community that has given so much to me.

I decided to subscribe because I have been using the site for a few years now and wanted to give a little back.

I don't have early access to games like some lucky folks and I don't have enough free time to really dig into a game at release date and come up with a guide or a roadmap fast enough to be of any help to people. So I am going the subscriber/rep route to show my support.

Like most people I became a subscriber because of how much help I've received from the site for about a year now, and at the end of the day a little over £10 isn't very much to pay for a subscription, so I'm happy to help out.

The main reason i subscribed is that ive been using this place for over a year now, but I never really got into the community. Ive only really been posting since january and i love it, and spare a few, love the people here too!

I've used the site for so long, without even registering and using the forums, so when i did register i thought.. Why not give back to those who spend so much time writing guides and giving detailed information on games.. So me DID!

1. The achievement info has been extremely helpful

2. This forum community has been by far the nicest and most helpful one I've been a part of, so I don't mind paying a bit to keep it up and running.

3. Forum organization: These forums are by far the best organized forums I've seen. It's really easy to find what I'm looking for, be it a game or anything else.

I don't think I've ever spent money on a website besides buying things but x360a is just such a great well of information both in its guides and in its forums that I figured I should financially support something that is giving the internet something really useful.

I donated for basically the same reasons as everyone else. The guides are mamothly helpful as well as all the other information shared on this site. No other gaming site compares. I suppose the one word that would sum up all the reasons would be Thanks.

I became a subscriber just because this is one of the best site's I have ever been on. The people here are wonderful and make for a great community. I figured if there was anything I could do to help the site, 10 dollars a month was the least I could do. So I did and I am happy to help and plan on being here for a long while.

Well I click refresh on this site every 15 seconds so that's probably more than enough reason to donate. I even made a paypal account to donate.. and I hate paypal :p

It really came down to the great people I've met here so far :)

I finally got around to subscribing. The main reason is, of course, to have a very cool green name. But I also truly appreciate the achievement guides and all the really useful information I have found when lurking on the forums. The users here are so much friendlier and more helpful, for the most part, than anywhere else. I'm glad I was finally able to help out.

There are endless possibilities on this site, and I was always on here for my achievement needs, or to just vent a bit if I needed to. I always felt welcome, with open arms.

:drunk

Seeing as I can never write a guide, and haven't really helped out in all the time I've been here, I decided why not give you money? :p

I've been using the site for a long time now and felt it was WAY past time to give back. Just seems like the right thing to do. The fact that so many people put in so much of their time just to provide this amazing site to the public should be enough to make any member want to subscribe.

I'm just glad to be a part of it.

I became a Subscriber today as I love this site and wanted to do my bit for it. I really do appreciate the site and everything they do....and the green name looks sexy. :p

I've been coming to this site for a number of years for both achievements and MP assistance (damn you MP achievements). I was raised with that mentality that you give back when you take something in, so I tried fruitlessly to get on the Review Team and various other ventures. After it all becoming a subscriber is how I am able to give back. It's not much, but it's what I can do right now.

paying for a site that has helped me out with a ton of tips!!!! 10$ is nothing for the friends you meet :)

x360a rules! Enough said

I have been a member of this site for about 2 and half years and for some reason it just never dawned on me to subscribe. I have been really active recently on the site and i started thinking about how much help this site has provided me. I recently had a few people sign up to help them with walkthroughs and such. I figured with being so active and getting so much help from th site it was my time to return the favor. There are a bunch of great people on this site that are so helpful and i am glad to give me support to them and to xbox360a.org Keep up the great work

Because subscribing can help to keep this great site going. I've made some new friends on xbox live through here, and the information is invaluable for an achievement junky like me.

Been using this site for a few years now and thought that i would give a little for taking so much :)

I subscribed because I think this website provides an excellent service that should be charged for but the awesome people on here put so time into it and don't even charge for it so I though I'd show my appreciation :)

I subscribed because I've been using this site for quite awhile now and am finally financially able to give back. I'm glad to give back some money to a site that gives as much as this one does. I know these guys work hard to maintain this place and if I can help in any way, I'm glad to do so.

Well I have been an avid gamer for many, many years, and I found out about x360a almost 2 years ago. It really stood out as it had many features other sites didn't have and a really active and helpful forum. Just started my bronze subscription today, and the main reason for it is, I have wanted to show support for this site as it is pretty much my first and only stop when it comes to anything xbox360 related. :D

I subscribed mainly because I wanted to do my part to help out this site. I started using this site for the achievement guides and later created an account to use the forums.

This is by far the best achievement site around and I want to help keep it that way.

I actually just started my subscriptions today. Feels nice to give back to a site that has given me so much already.

Hope one day to become part of the guide team or something like that. ^.^

Well, I finnally subscribe because I have coming to this site for quite a few years and I wanted to give something back. Also I have met quite a few good folks here that like to help team up on some GS. Glad to be here.

Mainly because I'm rich and can afford to. Money coming out of my ears.

So I might as well help the site I'm on most of the time and give back what they've given me!

• 4 years later...
It's still being worked on and while we appreciate your patience on this matter, we also humbly apologise for the continued delay. I can't give a due date, but I can assure you that it's coming :)

No problem mate, thanks for replying :cool:

• 3 years later...
9 hours ago, SilentButWookie95 said:

Awesome! Wanted to change my username after 11 years 😂

Actually, a link was provided in the latest site update article with the subscription link. 

There are five different tiers, ranging from $5 to $25. You get the same benefits for every tier and the different amounts are for just how much you’d like to contribute. The list of benefits is above in the first post, but mention of additional benefits were mentioned in the article:

Firstly, this new Xbox stat tracking solution is free, and for all members it will be updated once every 24-hours – things like rarity, rare lists (which is coming soon), completion percentages, etc. will be constantly updated on the fly too. That said, if you’re looking to get a quicker update, you can become a subscriber on the site and all subscribers will get their profile updated hourly – plus, if you do, your entire experience on the site will be ad free as well. If you want to be a subscriber, simply head here. We will definitely be rolling out a ton more subscriber benefits in the coming weeks and months as well.”

The full article is here:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-39872-xbox-achievements-automated-achievement-tracking-is-now-live-.html

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

4 hours ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

Actually, a link was provided in the latest site update article with the subscription link. 

There are five different tiers, ranging from $5 to $25. You get the same benefits for every tier and the different amounts are for just how much you’d like to contribute. The list of benefits is above in the first post, but mention of additional benefits were mentioned in the article:

Firstly, this new Xbox stat tracking solution is free, and for all members it will be updated once every 24-hours – things like rarity, rare lists (which is coming soon), completion percentages, etc. will be constantly updated on the fly too. That said, if you’re looking to get a quicker update, you can become a subscriber on the site and all subscribers will get their profile updated hourly – plus, if you do, your entire experience on the site will be ad free as well. If you want to be a subscriber, simply head here. We will definitely be rolling out a ton more subscriber benefits in the coming weeks and months as well.”

The full article is here:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-39872-xbox-achievements-automated-achievement-tracking-is-now-live-.html

Thanks so much! Who do I contact to get my username changed afterwards? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SilentButWookie95 said:

Thanks so much! Who do I contact to get my username changed afterwards? 

Right now, since we currently don’t have any “mid-level management”, the person to contact would be @RoutineX . 

8 minutes ago, Trombonafide said:

Quick question from a new subscriber. One of the benefits listed was hourly scans. Is that live yet, or is it still being parsed with all the new data for the website update for live tracking? I haven't received an update in about 10 days.

Let me put a request in for you 🙂

Edit: Will be fixed shortly. It was a bug with an update that was put through.

Edited by Dirty130
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Andori said:

I got an email from Paypal back in Feb that my payment was no longer active.  I sent a PM with the details, but not had a response.  Going to the subscribe link says I've got an active subscription, but my scans aren't being done hourly.  

Do you remember who you sent the PM to?

As far as the scans, right now, the queue has been heavily backed up, probably for the past month or more. Staff also is supposed to get hourly scans but I notice sometimes it’s 6-8 hours. Our programmer has been working on reducing that time. I will ask him what the progress is. My apologies. 

2 minutes ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

Do you remember who you sent the PM to?

As far as the scans, right now, the queue has been heavily backed up, probably for the past month or more. Staff also is supposed to get hourly scans but I notice sometimes it’s 6-8 hours. Our programmer has been working on reducing that time. I will ask him what the progress is. My apologies. 

I sent it to RoutineX😊  (as per the question above) 

Not a huge issue not getting the hourly scans, I didn't know if it was related to the issue with my subscription or not.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Andori said:

I sent it to RoutineX😊  (as per the question above) 

Not a huge issue not getting the hourly scans, I didn't know if it was related to the issue with my subscription or not.

Ah okay. I’ve asked Rx and Webb to look into this for you. 

And no, your scans aren’t a subscriber issue, it’s just a(nother) site issue. I just checked my profile and I haven’t been scanned in 7 hours. I’ve asked Rx again what the progress is. Hopefully it can be rectified soon. My apologies. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...