Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
What are you Playing/Grinding at the moment?

So right now I am currently playing World of Tanks to grind out some achievements but what I want to know is what game are you currently playing/grinding?

Also make sure to update every now and again letting us know what you have finished grinding and what you are moving onto next!!

Feel free to communicate with other members as the game they are playing might be the game you are too!

Xbox One: Telltale: The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2

My Netflix List: AHS Season 2, Machine Gun Preacher, Chef, Trailer Park Boys-S9, From Dusk Till Dawn

Last edited by PiixL; 05-05-2014 at 07:49 PM.
PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
TwiK999

Yazite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well I'm currently grinding through Dynasty Warriors 7 conquest mode. My ultimate goal is to get 1000G in the game, but that is going to take a hell of a long time. I finished all the Kingdom's stories recently which took 25+ hours and conquest mode alone will take another 30 hours to complete. In total, the grind to 1000G will probably take another 50 more hours :s

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiK999 View Post
Well I'm currently grinding through Dynasty Warriors 7 conquest mode. My ultimate goal is to get 1000G in the game, but that is going to take a hell of a long time. I finished all the Kingdom's stories recently which took 25+ hours and conquest mode alone will take another 30 hours to complete. In total, the grind to 1000G will probably take another 50 more hours :s
woah, thats too much

My Netflix List: AHS Season 2, Machine Gun Preacher, Chef, Trailer Park Boys-S9, From Dusk Till Dawn

Old 02-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Currently playing battlefield 4. I have all the mp done except for second assualt. So ill start grinding away on that soon.

As for the sp...well ill get to it when im absolutely bored of this great mp.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #5
BiggD
100 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Currently grinding out Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on the Xbox One with my friend.

Then playing Thief non-stop once it comes out on Tuesday.

Thanks to Xerofox for the alluringly arousing signature!

~ FALLOUT IS LOVE, FALLOUT IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
TwiK999

Yazite's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiixL View Post
woah, thats too much
Aint called a grind for nothing.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #7
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Playing Motocross Madness. Good little game .
Old 02-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Quote:
woah, thats too much
And Dynasty Warriors 7 is one of the quicker 1,000s in the series. I'd say besides the empires games, only Orochi 1 and Gundam 3 are shorter completions.

Me, I'm just finishing up the grind on 8, needing only 30 weapons left to obtain. So far, I've played over 1,800 battles and have killed enough people to depopulate the entire city of St. Louis, Missouri.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #9
Rose Knight789

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
I'm currently grinding myself some world of tanks, it sure is a bit obnoxious but fun nonetheless.

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #10
KelodyMelody

KelodyMelody's Gamercard
I'm supposed to be grinding the breeding animal variants achievement on Zoo Tycoon, but couldn't bring myself to do it today... The breeding itself isn't so bad but having to wait until one of the parents reach 15 to release it just seems to take FOREVEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. .......RRRRR....

....RRRRRR.....
KelodyMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #11
Monty111

MontyTP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Staff Club - troy0891   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I'm boosting Dirt 3 online right now. After i've finished online i need to get platinum medals in about 5 of the DC challenges, the Bobsleigh one is so hard!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #12
TitlingFrame52

TitlingFrame52's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver
Right now I'm grinding GTA V and working on getting the base 1000 on Dead Island
Old 02-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #13
otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
And Dynasty Warriors 7 is one of the quicker 1,000s in the series. I'd say besides the empires games, only Orochi 1 and Gundam 3 are shorter completions.

Me, I'm just finishing up the grind on 8, needing only 30 weapons left to obtain. So far, I've played over 1,800 battles and have killed enough people to depopulate the entire city of St. Louis, Missouri.

I'm pounding thru 8 myself too. 80+ hours listed at.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
SicklyPlague
Not that kind of plague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Currently grinding through Mass Effect, still have to get to level 60 which will probably be another playthrough or two, finish it on insane, and play as an engineer to get the kill x with y achievements.

Its a good thing i still enjoy the game.
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
DW7 is nowhere near that long. Pretty sure I got the 1000 in 30 hours.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #16
TwiK999

Yazite's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
DW7 is nowhere near that long. Pretty sure I got the 1000 in 30 hours.
I'm not sure about that. It took me around 20 hours to complete all the Kingdom stories and I'm now battling through conquest mode. I've definitely played 30+ hours at the moment and I'm only at 280G/1000G. I don't see how its possible to get 1000G in 30 hours.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #17
EmporerDragon

Quote:
I'm not sure about that. It took me around 20 hours to complete all the Kingdom stories and I'm now battling through conquest mode. I've definitely played 30+ hours at the moment and I'm only at 280G/1000G. I don't see how its possible to get 1000G in 30 hours.
Unlike 6 and 8, DW7 has no difficulty based achievements, so you can just blast through the game at the lowest difficulty. Also unlike 6 and 8, none of the stages had extra objectives that you needed to do, you just had to get to the end.

I played through on Normal/Hard myself, only dropping down to beginner when all I had left were the skill and bond grinding, and it only took me about 40-50 hours over the course of 10 days.

Last edited by EmporerDragon; 02-22-2014 at 08:43 PM.
EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #18
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
I've been playing a different arcade game almost everyday lately. Think I'm going to finish off Far Cry Classic tomorrow then get back to Tanks and work towards the matches played grind! Not really I grind I suppose.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #19
TwiK999

Yazite's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
Unlike 6 and 8, DW7 has no difficulty based achievements, so you can just blast through the game at the lowest difficulty. Also unlike 6 and 8, none of the stages had extra objectives that you needed to do, you just had to get to the end.

I played through on Normal/Hard myself, only dropping down to beginner when all I had left were the skill and bond grinding, and it only took me about 40-50 hours over the course of 10 days.
Ah okay. Its still quite a grind though.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #20
TheDarkOne

LeGiOnOfPaIn666's Gamercard
Been playing through Mass effect 3 to get the Insanity achievement and Hitman Absolution to get the achievements dealing with the challenges.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #21
PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Quote:
Aint called a grind for nothing.
True but still just way too long

Old 02-23-2014, 12:22 AM   #22
Cilisien
Maximum Club's Knight

Cilisien's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Staff Club - Cilisien   Staff Club - troy0891   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I started playing Dark Souls today was putting it off for a while but decided to man up and push for the 1000 at least that was the plan not got many achievements so far though :P
Cilisien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 AM   #23
EmporerDragon

Quote:
True but still just way too long
Too long would be Warriors Orochi 2. In order to unlock one particular stage, you need to reach a combined total proficiency level of 2,730. Defeating an officer or 100 enemies increases proficiency by 0.2, meaning you need to defeat 13,750 officers or 137,500 grunts or a combination of the two, and that's not considering wasted kills if you cap a character's proficiency (50) mid battle. And on top of that, you also need to beat all 68 stages on all 5 difficulties.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:35 AM   #24
PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
I've been playing a different arcade game almost everyday lately. Think I'm going to finish off Far Cry Classic tomorrow then get back to Tanks and work towards the matches played grind! Not really I grind I suppose.
I'm doing the same thing as you, basically just 'rinsing' through arcade games. I'm also finishing World of Tanks but its a long ass game to grind really, especially when your playing it to much and it get boring. In a complete other note, what is Far Cry Classic like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitlingFrame52 View Post
Right now I'm grinding GTA V and working on getting the base 1000 on Dead Island
That GTA grind will only be hard for the online since they did that patch which made it harder to level up. Good luck with it though

Last edited by Kairi; 01-24-2015 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Double Post
Old 02-23-2014, 06:12 AM   #25
FatalDeathSG45

At the moment, I'm grinding in World of Tanks. Getting to those Tier VIII tanks and beyond is going to take a LOT of time and work. I may even spend a little money to convert some of my 300,000+ Premium XP to free XP to make the grind just a tad bit shorter

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity? Insanity is... doing the exact same fucking thing... over and over again... expecting shit to change. That is crazy.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #26
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm working on Battlefield 4's SP as well as the China Rising assignments. I was trying to grind out some of the requirements for said assignments, but it's way too much of a hassle so I'll be boosting those instead.

Once that's all said and done I'll be going back to Fable Anniversary.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #27
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard

Also playing a lot of World of Tanks, best free to play game released yet imo.

I am also into the new Earth Defense Force, for how massive this game is I anticipate 300+ hours for full completion which i'll absolutely be shooting for. It's a brilliant game.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #28
Slaughter.
A Necessary Evil

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Love threads like these.

I'm currently grinding out GTA V but I picked up Prototype 2 and I'm on my way to that completion. Anyone who wants to play GTA Online during the week just hit me up.

Soon to be Dark Souls 2!!!

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #29
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm doing the same thing as you, basically just 'rinsing' through arcade games. I'm also finishing World of Tanks but its a long ass game to grind really, especially when your playing it to much and it get boring. In a complete other note, what is Far Cry Classic like?
Far Cry is ok, definitely a terrible remake though. it's only 8 that has a story lasting a solid 8hrs so not too bad. I never played the first two FC games so I had higher expectations.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #30
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just finished off Dungeons And Dragons: Chronicles Of Mystara. Took about 15-20 hours to complete. The game has not aged well at all, and the achievements basically force you to play through the game multiple times solo (items needed for the scavenger achievement aren't counted for everyone, just the person that picks it up).

As for what I'll be playing next, it'll probably be Scott Pilgrim VS The World. I'm trying to chip away at my arcade backlog at the moment.

Quote:
woah, thats too much
If you think that's a grind, never attempt to complete Inversion. That game takes over 500 hours to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
I've been playing a different arcade game almost everyday lately.
Same here man. The problem I have is that for every arcade game I complete, I download like 2 more. Already on this weekly sale I've downloaded Bastion and Alan Wake: American Nightmare. It's a never ending cycle for me.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote