PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #31
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just finished off Dungeons And Dragons: Chronicles Of Mystara. Took about 15-20 hours to complete. The game has not aged well at all, and the achievements basically force you to play through the game multiple times solo (items needed for the scavenger achievement aren't counted for everyone, just the person that picks it up).

As for what I'll be playing next, it'll probably be Scott Pilgrim VS The World. I'm trying to chip away at my arcade backlog at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiixL View Post
woah, thats too much
If you think that's a grind, never attempt to complete Inversion. That game takes over 500 hours to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
I've been playing a different arcade game almost everyday lately.
Same here man. The problem I have is that for every arcade game I complete, I download like 2 more. Already on this weekly sale I've downloaded Bastion and Alan Wake: American Nightmare. It's a never ending cycle for me.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #32
Cilisien
Maximum Club's Knight

Cilisien's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Cilisien   Staff Club - troy0891   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Metal Jim View Post
Same here man. The problem I have is that for every arcade game I complete, I download like 2 more. Already on this weekly sale I've downloaded Bastion and Alan Wake: American Nightmare. It's a never ending cycle for me.
You should play Bastion sooner rather than later! I had a blast going through that game.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #33
Death Metal Jim

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilisien View Post
You should play Bastion sooner rather than later! I had a blast going through that game.
The game definitely looks fun. It's also on my list of RPGs to complete (I've done 33 already). It'll definitely help me move up on the RPG leaderboards here (currently ranked 48 on the site).
Old 02-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #34
Cilisien
Maximum Club's Knight

Cilisien's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Cilisien   Staff Club - troy0891   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Quote:
The game definitely looks fun. It's also on my list of RPGs to complete (I've done 33 already). It'll definitely help me move up on the RPG leaderboards here (currently ranked 48 on the site).
It also puts you one step closer to getting the shiny arcade challenge badge!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #35
m1 yid

m1 yid's Gamercard
A mixture of forza 5 and ghosts. Given up on dead rising 3.
m1 yid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #36
Slowhunt

Slowhunt's Gamercard
Currently trying to grind out the 53,00+ kills on Left for Dead - sitting at 23,000 and extremely bored. Found a good way of getting about 1500 kills every 25 minutes - but still.....so boring

In between I'm doing a play through of Dante's Inferno.
Slowhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #37
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhunt View Post
Currently trying to grind out the 53,00+ kills on Left for Dead - sitting at 23,000 and extremely bored. Found a good way of getting about 1500 kills every 25 minutes - but still.....so boring

In between I'm doing a play through of Dante's Inferno.
Urrgh I need to finish that Zombie Genocide achievement too. I'm putting it off though, even though its one of the last ones I need. Someday I will get round to it!

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #38
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Currently playing GTA V and I still have to grind to the max level in Payday 2 but that's so incredibly boring I've taken a break from it for a bit.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #39
Cilisien
Maximum Club's Knight

Cilisien's Gamercard

I started Dust: An Elysian Tail today and have no idea why I didn't buy this sooner! Loving it so far and is a nice break from Dark Souls :P
Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #40
Death Metal Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiK999 View Post
Urrgh I need to finish that Zombie Genocide achievement too. I'm putting it off though, even though its one of the last ones I need. Someday I will get round to it!
If you have the Crash Course DLC, you can get the achievement easily with the generator glitch. You basically play versus with a second controller, kill your AI teammates, and hop on top of the generator. The zombies will infinitely spawn until you start up the generator, and they basically continuously keep committing suicide while attempting to reach you (this all counts to your kill total). I did this years ago, but I remember it taking only like 5-6 hours for the achievement to unlock (I was on about 15,000 kills at the time I think). Here's a more in depth explanation from a solution on TA.
http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=290188#vch
Old 02-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #41
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
I am also into the new Earth Defense Force, for how massive this game is I anticipate 300+ hours for full completion which i'll absolutely be shooting for. It's a brilliant game.
I'm still chipping away at Insect Armageddon myself, where I've got to buy all the weapons for 3 classes still (approx. 4.5 million credits) and find just one damn weapon.

Also, a related comic:

Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #42
Death Metal Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
I'm still chipping away at Insect Armageddon myself, where I've got to buy all the weapons for 3 classes still (approx. 4.5 million credits) and find just one damn weapon.
Damn dude, you're still working on that game? I remember you saying you were working on it like a year ago, at least. According to TA, it took me 11 days to complete that game LOL.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #43
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Damn dude, you're still working on that game? I remember you saying you were working on it like a year ago, at least. According to TA, it took me 11 days to complete that game LOL.

Well, when it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete a stage and you get only about 15-25,000 credits...
Also, I'm grinding it out by actually playing the game, not doing the optimal method of finding an area with respawns and rubberbanding the controller, then walking away until you hit 65,000 points. This also means the game's being played in small doses at a time. I did at least finish the Survival Grind though.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #44
Samigi

HD Monkeys's Gamercard
I've been playing Dead Island again recently (as it was free) I had only rented the game last time. Not my most favorite game, it's really not a fun experience to be honest.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #45
Death Metal Jim

Quote:
Well, when it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete a stage and you get only about 15-25,000 credits...
Also, I'm grinding it out by actually playing the game, not doing the optimal method of finding an area with respawns and rubberbanding the controller, then walking away until you hit 65,000 points. This also means the game's being played in small doses at a time. I did at least finish the Survival Grind though.
The rubberbanding shit was definitely annoying as hell. The best and quickest way that I remember was grinding it in coop with the sniper guy. We'd takes turns every few hours clearing a stage with the special gun that blows the shit out of everything (can't remember the name). You hit the max score in less than a minute, than restart it again. Even the player who's idle garners some score (around 15,000 if I remember correctly). I'm pretty sure there's a guide on here or solution on TA that goes more in depth into it, but it's a hell of alot faster than rubberbanding, I can tell you that much.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #46
KillerBEA
New Job!

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Trying to grind out the last 4 levels for my level 50 achievement in Shoot Many Robots. Also working on the 10k kills in the same game.
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #47
Cilisien
Maximum Club's Knight

Cilisien's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Trying to grind out the last 4 levels for my level 50 achievement in Shoot Many Robots. Also working on the 10k kills in the same game.
I wish that I didn't forget to download this game watched a few videos and it looks like a load of fun with friends.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #48
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilisien View Post
I wish that I didn't forget to download this game watched a few videos and it looks like a load of fun with friends.
It's a blast. The kills and levelling up really doesn't take that long either. I got to lvl 25 in just a few hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #49
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Microsoft Bingo is what I usually play a few games before bed, currently level 21. Daily I play Taptiles and will be playing until the end of the year.

I rarely continue to grind for achievements once I beat a game.

Last goal met: 225k - September 2, 2014

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #50
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Quote:
Quote:
2025 reverted back to grinding out green weapon cases like 2017 did but still does have 4 classes. This one requires 16 playthroughs for completion, and there are 85 levels this time around. I think i'm being conservative guessing 300 hours as that isn't really considering farming for that one final weapon you need.

I need to go back to IA at some point, I got 1000 out of 2017 but didn't get but a quarter of the way through IA. I'm having a lot more fun with this one though than I did with IA, definitely a must buy if you guys are fans of the series.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #51
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Just beat GTA V's story line, now to get collectibles and get to level 100.

Somehow, I'm still enjoying it.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #52
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Well, the most recent game I've been grinding was Gears of War 3's Seriously 3.0 achievement. But it's been at least a month, probably longer, since I've been continuing my progress on that one. Lately I've mostly been playing Mass Effect 2/3 and working towards the gold star and assault ops challenges in Spartan Assault for the 360. I'm almost done too. Just the operation Hydra missions to complete.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:52 AM   #53
BiggD
16 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post

What did you think of the pretty epic ending, considering you picked "C."

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 16 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #54
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

Have fun with that fucking nuclear waste achievement.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:09 AM   #55
Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:
What did you think of the pretty epic ending, considering you picked "C."
Anti-climatic if anything, but it was interesting.

If achievements didn't get in the way I would have picked option B.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 AM   #56
BiggD
16 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Anti-climatic if anything, but it was interesting.

If achievements didn't get in the way I would have picked option B.
LOL. I was being sarcastic about it being epic. You just kill everything and everyone. Kinda uninspired :/

I woulda picked A, I hated him, that is if I am remembering the correct option.

But like White said, have fun with the lame collectibles that don't do anything!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 16 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:14 AM   #57
JmBusch

MyFavoriteElbow's Gamercard
Zoo Tycoon

I was grinding out zoo tycoon and finally got all the medals. It did seem like it took forever to breed 100 animals but I got it earlier today and had to stop. I don't know that I feel like going for the last two achievements, or sending the game back. I didn't make a list of my color variants..
JmBusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #58
Spade.

Quote:

But like White said, have fun with the lame collectibles that don't do anything!
Get me some music or someone to talk to and time will pass smoothly.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:15 AM   #59
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Have fun with that fucking nuclear waste achievement.
I just did that last night, what was so bad about it? All I can think of is the boredom of slowly piloting it through the water. I just played Pandora radio on my phone and it went by pretty fast.

Even doing the third triathlon wasn't that bad although 20 minutes in during the bike race I hit a pole and fell onto the pavement and as soon as I got up some asshole competitor ran me over and knocked me back down which I calmly responded by yelling at the TV. Managed to win though.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:52 AM   #60
EmporerDragon

And Dynasty Warriors 8 is now complete.

In retrospect, things would've gone by much quicker if I unlocked Xiahou Yuan's 5-star weapon earlier. That thing is so overpowered it can kill any officer regardless of health or difficulty (including Hulao Gate Lu Bu) in 3 seconds.