Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-24-2014, 03:57 AM   #61
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
I just did that last night, what was so bad about it? All I can think of is the boredom of slowly piloting it through the water. I just played Pandora radio on my phone and it went by pretty fast.

Even doing the third triathlon wasn't that bad although 20 minutes in during the bike race I hit a pole and fell onto the pavement and as soon as I got up some asshole competitor ran me over and knocked me back down which I calmly responded by yelling at the TV. Managed to win though.
You said it yourself, it was boring. What about it was even remotely fun? Plodding along in that sub was just lame. Way too many collectibles in that game. Anyway, nobody finished GTA V and said, "Man what a great game, but getting those nuclear waste parts in the submarine was fucking awesome!"
Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 AM   #62
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
You said it yourself, it was boring. What about it was even remotely fun? Plodding along in that sub was just lame. Way too many collectibles in that game. Anyway, nobody finished GTA V and said, "Man what a great game, but getting those nuclear waste parts in the submarine was fucking awesome!"
I don't mind collectibles as long as:
- Marked exactly on my map
- Actually have in game value.

Seeing as how GTA V's collectibles are neither of those (unless I'm wrong???), I am not looking forward to it.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #63
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Currently working on Dead Island, Shoot Many Robots (lvl 50 and 10k kills), and Bejeweled 2 (lvl 280).
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #64
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
I'm going back through Alan Wake for the collectibles that I didn't get the first time I played years ago. I forgot how good the game really was.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #65
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Slaughter View Post
I don't mind collectibles as long as:
- Marked exactly on my map
- Actually have in game value.

Seeing as how GTA V's collectibles are neither of those (unless I'm wrong???), I am not looking forward to it.
For the nuclear waste you get about $22,000 or so for each barrel collected and an additional $250,000 once you collect all of them. The other collectibles such as letter scraps and spaceship parts have their own little side mission tied to them so they aren't completely useless. Stunt jumps however gain you no benefit at all.

Quote:
I like collectibles in games. Sue me.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #66
DEG23
Второй акт

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Anyway, nobody finished GTA V and said, "Man what a great game, but getting those nuclear waste parts in the submarine was fucking awesome!"
Apart from maybe Ham, I really enjoyed the nuclear waste collectibles but it could be because I have a fascination with subs and underwater exploration so I can understand why people would find it boring. The letter and spaceship parts grew old fast but I thought the added element of piloting a mini sub was a nice take on collectibles. Also the fact you could use your phone as a sonar locator instead of having to refer to a guide or video made it fun as well.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #67
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
I like collectibles in games. Sue me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Apart from maybe Ham, I really enjoyed the nuclear waste collectibles but it could be because I have a fascination with subs and underwater exploration so I can understand why people would find it boring. The letter and spaceship parts grew old fast but I thought the added element of piloting a mini sub was a nice take on collectibles. Also the fact you could use your phone as a sonar locator instead of having to refer to a guide or video made it fun as well.
I am actually going to try to sue both of you. I'm calling Saul.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #68
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I'm currently going through Prototype 2. Shame we'll never see another one, but it's a decent game. The main protagonist is an asshole and the collectible are a pain in the ass.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #69
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'm currently playing through The Witcher 2. It's very mediocre so far and I'm on the last chapter. The only thing I find entertaining about this game is the occasional humorous dialogue.

I remember reading on these forums that somebody was recommending this game over Dark Souls. They couldn't have been any more wrong. Dark Souls is superior in every way imaginable.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #70
Citizen Erased

EXOGEN1SIS's Gamercard
I'm playing a lot of Halo Wars multiplayer to get to General then that's done. It's so good I'll still play it after though
Citizen Erased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:14 AM   #71
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
I am actually going to try to sue both of you. I'm calling Saul.
But I thought you two were done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
I'm playing a lot of Halo Wars multiplayer to get to General then that's done. It's so good I'll still play it after though
Yeah, Halo Wars is pretty good. I need to start playing it again. I'm over half way to General, I should complete that someday.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 AM   #72
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Need for Speed Rivals and loving every minute.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #73
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard
I still need to do about 20% of Lego star wars 3. It's a grind because the planet capture side game is boring, free play freezes once in a while, and getting the gold bricks in between the ships is annoying.

China rising assignments are proving to be a grind, I like multiplayer but the last three assignments I need make it frustrating.

Of course I'm always grinding points every once in a while for general in call of duty 3. Only a little less than half way to go.
Windows Phone: 68
Braiiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:56 AM   #74
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
I'm currently playing through The Witcher 2. It's very mediocre so far and I'm on the last chapter. The only thing I find entertaining about this game is the occasional humorous dialogue.

I remember reading on these forums that somebody was recommending this game over Dark Souls. They couldn't have been any more wrong. Dark Souls is superior in every way imaginable.
That was me and I stand by my convictions, regardless of what the masses say.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:37 AM   #75
z6kv

z6kv's Gamercard
Not playing it yet but will be grinding Thief when it releases. 300+ collectables
z6kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:56 AM   #76
Rasp

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Forza 5 is a continual slow grind to get all those medals and currently playing through Tomb Raider on the One.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #77
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Alan Wake. I played it years ago, but I never finished the collectibles. With those I also had to start both DLCs. All I have left is to finish The Signal without dying and collect all the coffee thermoses, TV shows, and hidden chests. I'm actually having fun with it.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #78
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion XBA View Post
Alan Wake. I played it years ago, but I never finished the collectibles. With those I also had to start both DLCs. All I have left is to finish The Signal without dying and collect all the coffee thermoses, TV shows, and hidden chests. I'm actually having fun with it.
Yeah you get deep into the shows/lore etc. it gets really interesting. One of the best games of last gen.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #79
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Right about now I'm trying to grind levels for Shoot Many Robots so that's a thing.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #80
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Battlefield 1943's 100 games. Last one for completion, fun little game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
Right about now I'm trying to grind levels for Shoot Many Robots so that's a thing.
Me too.... only at level 26 or something. Mostly because of it being Community Game of the week last week and I had the privilege to hike along with some high level folks from here. Playing solo or with randoms just doesn't get it going, it's laggy as fuck and half the time anybody in the group will be AFK leaving the rest of us stranded. Eff.....

Working on both Jedi's and Raj's staff clubs so:
Red Dead Redemption: all the MP crapola, DLC, and a couple remaining SP ones. Not going to be fun to get the ones requiring 8 different peoples.
Enslaved: goddamn orbs!!! I've replayed missions soooo many times, with videos and guides. Still at 97-99% on almost every mission.

Also:
Magic 2013: hell bent on beating Bolas.... bastard bastard bastard
Battlefield 4: I'll get to level 25.... some day, but having more fun in 1943, then back to the campaign BS since my saves were wiped.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #81
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Far Cry is ok, definitely a terrible remake though. it's only 8 that has a story lasting a solid 8hrs so not too bad. I never played the first two FC games so I had higher expectations.
Ok, Thanks. I guess i'll pick it up sooner or later.

So to update my grind, i'm currently doing a LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. The games allright I guess but I dont think ill get the grind all the way through every achievement because its boring and i'm not having fun with it

Xbox One: FIFA 14 & Titanfall (For Fun)

Arcade/DLC: Left 4 Dead: Crash Course & The Sacrifice DLC's & The Walking Dead Season 2

Signature & Avatar Created By Mr Chaotix

Last edited by DEG23; 02-26-2014 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Double post
PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #82
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Working on both Jedi's and Raj's staff clubs so: Red Dead Redemption: all the MP crapola, DLC, and a couple remaining SP ones. Not going to be fun to get the ones requiring 8 different peoples.
That's what sucks about some of those old multiplayer achievements. You either have to get a boosting session going or sit there inviting people to a posse, which makes you feel like a jackass. I recently replayed Red Dead on PS3 and said fuck it with some of that stuff. I did that posse achievement the night the game released on the 360. Nobody really knew what was going on so you sent a posse invite and they just joined.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #83
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Battlefield 1943's 100 games. Last one for completion, fun little game!

Me too.... only at level 26 or something. Mostly because of it being Community Game of the week last week and I had the privilege to hike along with some high level folks from here. Playing solo or with randoms just doesn't get it going, it's laggy as fuck and half the time anybody in the group will be AFK leaving the rest of us stranded. Eff.....

Working on both Jedi's and Raj's staff clubs so:
Red Dead Redemption: all the MP crapola, DLC, and a couple remaining SP ones. Not going to be fun to get the ones requiring 8 different peoples.
Enslaved: goddamn orbs!!! I've replayed missions soooo many times, with videos and guides. Still at 97-99% on almost every mission.

Also:
Magic 2013: hell bent on beating Bolas.... bastard bastard bastard
Battlefield 4: I'll get to level 25.... some day, but having more fun in 1943, then back to the campaign BS since my saves were wiped.

If you need a +1 for red dead stuff lemme know. I don't have any of the mp ones.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:28 AM   #84
Suedon70
Living the dream....

SueDon70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Gold   Donator - Level 1
I am grinding Assassin's Creed right now. I am trying to find those damn flags in the Kingdom and killing the Templars- what a pain in the ass....

Suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:00 AM   #85
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suedon70 View Post
I am grinding Assassin's Creed right now. I am trying to find those damn flags in the Kingdom and killing the Templars- what a pain in the ass....
Have fun!

I would try to complete that game, but the collectibles drive me off from even trying. Is there a way of knowing which district you have collected the flags from, like in ACII?
Old 02-26-2014, 05:02 AM   #86
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiixL View Post
Ok, Thanks. I guess i'll pick it up sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiixL View Post
So to update my grind, i'm currently doing a LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. The games allright I guess but I dont think ill get the grind all the way through every achievement because its boring and i'm not having fun with it
Dude....edit your original post to add more to it. Don't double post.

Quote:
Have fun!

I would try to complete that game, but the collectibles drive me off from even trying. Is there a way of knowing which district you have collected the flags from, like in ACII?
Nope.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 AM   #87
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
Nope.
If I ever decide to complete that for the club, I may as well start a new game for that shit.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #88
Spanish Assault

Quote:
If I ever decide to complete that for the club, I may as well start a new game for that shit.
yeah, you need to make sure you don't accidentally grab a flag or trigger a Templar fight in an area you can't access. If you do your play though is glitched and you have to start over.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:12 AM   #89
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
yeah, you need to make sure you don't accidentally grab a flag or trigger a Templar fight in an area you can't access. If you do your play though is glitched and you have to start over.
May seem like a stupid question, but how do I go back to free roaming in the Animus? It lets me replay a certain sequence, but am I forced to do said sequence?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #90
KillerBEA
New Job!

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Playing Soul Calibur 2, trying to do the Extra Survival Deathmatch right now. Having no luck after the 8th fight...
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote