PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Movie Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #1
THE VICER0Y

THE VICER0Y's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Question "Firestarter" Achievement Glitched?

Just wondering if anyone else came across this achievement being glitched.

I set fire to the barn in the Wild West hub with Wily Fuse Bot's dynamite.
I activated all of the firework stations in the Cloud Coo Coo Land hub with Wily Fuse Bot's dynamite.

Neither event triggered this achievement.

The last place I can attempt to get this as the guide says is on the Sea Cow in Free Play. I haven't tried this yet as I'm not all the way through the game and I can't find that region to free Play again. Presumably when I beat the game the damaged Coo Coo Land hub will become available?

Hoping it's not permanently missed now for me...
THE VICER0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #2
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Strange. I got it with Wiley Fusebot in the Old West first try. In fact, I used Wiley for all my fire starting needs.

It's not missable. The barn in the Old West respawns, as does the fire point in Level 10, 'Infiltrate the Octan Tower', in Free Play. (right at the beginning on the pirate ship on the back right). I don't think the fireworks respawn in Cloud Cuckoo Land, though.

Try it in that level I mentioned or try using Lady Liberty at either point. Tomahawk, Kabob Bob and Caveman are also fire starting characters.

Incidentally, how are you starting the fire? Are you throwing the dynamite, since you say you started them with Wiley's dymamite? Doing that, while it may trigger the fire (I don't know if that starts fires or not; I didn't do it that way), won't unlock the "Firestarter" achievement. You have to manually stand on that point and press B (like a switch) to start the fire. You didn't specify so I don't know what you're doing...

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 02-24-2014 at 06:31 AM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
THE VICER0Y

THE VICER0Y's Gamercard

Ah, that was my problem I'm guessing.
I threw the dynamite instead of standing next to it. Didn't have any other firestarter character at the time.

It's true that the fireworks are gone, but I tried to restart the fire at the barn and couldn't find a way to do it. The hey barrel was gone.

At any rate, I'll just do it on the Sea Cow in Free Play. I just finished Level 11, so almost done with the main story. I'll get it when I go back and get the rest of the goodies in each level.

Tanks for the reply.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
No problem. I didn't even know that throwing dynamite at a fire-starting point actually starts the fire.

So I guess the only way to get this if you did what you did is to start a fire on the pirate ship since it seems that is the only point that respawns. I know the fireworks in Cloud Cuckoo Land don't respawn and I guess that this is confirmation that the object that you push off the second level of the barn doesn't respawn either.

I'll edit my guide with this information. Thanks!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
THE VICER0Y

THE VICER0Y's Gamercard

FYI, I just got this last night on the Sea Cow in Free Play. Used Lady Liberty to start the fire.
So yeah, if anyone else messed up without knowing like I did, at least they are perma-screwed.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:35 AM   #6
xXAKill3rTacoXx

xXAKill3rTacoXx's Gamercard
glad you figured it out i was about to say it doesn't always unlock while using dynomite, to be sure to unlock it use a character that "starts" a fire not just uses an explosive. like lady liberty's torch. this should work for anyone else with this problem
xXAKill3rTacoXx is offline   Reply With Quote