PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Question Passive Mode

Whats going on with passive mode, I was cruising along in passive mode and someone did a drive by and killed me What's the point in passive mode if people can still shoot you, it's bad enough they can kill you by hitting you with a car, now they can kill ya arse while your driving. Even worse still, i had to pay my medical bills, which R* said would be left down to the player that killed you.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:16 AM   #2
Revenant Ex

Revenant Ex's Gamercard
It's always been bugged. Ive seen many people with passive mode enabled get gunned down. This is why I stay on invite-only sessions. I'd recommend either running with a crew or keeping a gun ready for whenever a player is coming by.
If I learned anything from Red Dead Redemption multiplayer, never trust anybody.
Revenant Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
Whats going on with passive mode, I was cruising along in passive mode and someone did a drive by and killed me What's the point in passive mode if people can still shoot you, it's bad enough they can kill you by hitting you with a car, now they can kill ya arse while your driving. Even worse still, i had to pay my medical bills, which R* said would be left down to the player that killed you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant Ex View Post
It's always been bugged. Ive seen many people with passive mode enabled get gunned down. This is why I stay on invite-only sessions. I'd recommend either running with a crew or keeping a gun ready for whenever a player is coming by.
If I learned anything from Red Dead Redemption multiplayer, never trust anybody.
Guys, you should read what it says when you go into passive mode, PASSIVE MODE WILL PREVENT COMBAT DAMAGE BEING INFLICTED BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER PLAYERS "WHEN ON FOOT"... ,i.e. you could always kill someone driving in any vehicle since day one that's nothing new at all trust me!

Also for such matter we have a so-called bitching thread (SP and MP):

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...539954&page=90

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:35 AM   #4
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant Ex View Post
never trust anybody.
THIS^^

Its always been like that you can be killed with passive mode enabled when youre in a car, makes it kinda pointless as you say because you can get ran over with it activated and still get killed inside a car lol
Old 02-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1991 View Post
THIS^^

Its always been like that you can be killed with passive mode enabled when youre in a car, makes it kinda pointless as you say because you can get ran over with it activated and still get killed inside a car lol
I want to agree with this but I'd more say "Keep Your Guard Up" at all times. I've encountered a few people that came off as threat-worthy but wound up being pretty cool.

Caution is the name of the game.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote