PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Other Systems/Handhelds > Sony Systems
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #121
Jagged 88

Jagged88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve View Post
Yes, after how awesome ICO and Shadow of the Colosus have been it's impossible not to look forward to The Last Guardian

Not really. More platformer/puzzle, but very stylised, thoughtful and extremely well made.

I haven played ICO yet but that would be another upside to getting a PS3 I guess. and yes Shadow of the Colossus was amazing thats why I just know that the last guardian is going to be awesome.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #122
PacoLovette

Paco Lovette's Gamercard
Yeah I definitely thought Shadow of the Colossus was a great Game. Very artistic..simple story...Wished I had not missed ICO. But I'm Def looking forward to The Last Guardian...as well as God of War 3. I really enjoy the Greek Mtyhos. I think it will be awesome...Just hope its not the end of the Road for Kratos.

Has anyone heard anything about a Heavenly Sword 2??? While I did think that some of part 1's tasks were a little "cheap trickish" (the bow n arrow protection sequence) it was still an enjoyable experience nontheless. - for me anyway

No, I don't "Love it". Its Lovette, you know...Like a last name...Smith...Anderson...geez...some people!

Last edited by PacoLovette; 06-25-2009 at 09:16 PM.
PacoLovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #123
Eric89

Send a message via AIM to Eric89

Razorclaw89's Gamercard
I have a question regarding the Playstation 3's backwards compatibility. While it's no secret that some PS3s carry the Emotion engine enabling PS2 play, is it true that the PS3 can play all PS1 games, too? I've been planning on getting a PS3 for Christmas, and I've had thoughts of buying some used PS1 games from the local video game store. Also, is it true that you don't need a PS1 memory card to play PS1 games on the PS3?

Eric89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #124
Bax x360a
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Bax x360a

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric89 View Post
I have a question regarding the Playstation 3's backwards compatibility. While it's no secret that some PS3s carry the Emotion engine enabling PS2 play, is it true that the PS3 can play all PS1 games, too? I've been planning on getting a PS3 for Christmas, and I've had thoughts of buying some used PS1 games from the local video game store. Also, is it true that you don't need a PS1 memory card to play PS1 games on the PS3?
Yup, the PS3 plays all PS1 games and has a built in memory card in the XMB (dashboard).
Bax x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #125
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric89 View Post
I may be wrong, but, I think that it is only the 60GB model and the original 80GB models that enabled backwards compatibility. Both of which are now discontinued.

Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #126
Bax x360a
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Bax x360a

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Popodopolus View Post
I may be wrong, but, I think that it is only the 60GB model and the original 80GB models that enabled backwards compatibility. Both of which are now discontinued.
They're the only models that allow PS2 backwards compatibility. Every PS3 model allows PS1 games to be played.
Bax x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #127
mcfc360

Really thinking about getting a ps3, but would you say its worth the money when im only going to use it for some of its exclusives ( infamous, killzone, resistance, yakuza, uncharted etc) and its blu rayplayer.
mcfc360 is offline   Reply With Quote