PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Blogs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Fish's Fin (Tale)

Ahoy and thank you for viewing my blog. Please read below before you get started.

*Disclaimer*

I just wanted to warn you, I know I made the blog really long. I'm sure that will scare some of you away, and while that sucks, it's okay, I understand. It's pretty much the first time I made a blog so I wanted to really just go crazy with it, so I did. I will keep future updates much shorter, I promise.

I know most of it isn't even about gaming, but I figured it's a personal blog and as long as it doesn't break any site rules...I could make it about anything I want and as long as I want.

Table of Contents:

~ The Long Tale: Part 1
~ The Long Tale: Part 2
~ The Long Tale: Part 3 - The Origin of Fish
~ The Long Tale: Part 4 - Final Chapter, About Gaming

~ The Short Tale

Last edited by Fishman; 03-10-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

The Short Tale

So just for the people that don't want to read the whole thing, I threw together this quick little post.

I'm a 23 year old male who lives in Southern California. I have two dogs; a min-pin and Beagle/Lab mix we rescued a while back. I also have a rather large Sulcata tortoise who lives in the backyard.

I got into gaming at a very young age, everything from: computer games, NES, and SNES. Once I got my Nintendo 64, that was all I played and most of my gaming memories are from that console. Some of the games I played were: Mario Party, Mario Kart, Starfox, Zelda, Diddy Kong, 007, Super Smash Bros., Paper Mario, Yoshi's Story, and Super Mario 64.

I've pretty much had every console over the years, and while I did play them; I don't have too many memories from them. The next console I really got into was the original Xbox, that was my new primary console. I loved Halo 2 online, that got me, along with many other people into Online gaming. Also various games like Serious Sam, Halo, DDR, and Red Dead Revolver were always fun with friends.

I got my Xbox 360 for Christmas in 2007, and got my gold the next day. First game I played was Halo 3 and some of my best 360 memories are from that game. I played the hell out of it with friends and honestly miss my Halo 3 days from time to time; I haven't been able to replicate that experience on any other game so far. I only played other games very mildly and never went for achievements.

Only after a few years I started looking at achievements, and getting into other games. I started to really like RPGs, and of course got into CoD: Zombies. I never went for completion, just certain achievements. So I have a lot of games from my old days that are far from complete. My short attention span didn't help either and I took about a year break from Xbox.

My philosophy on achievements is; Fun > All. I'm more hardcore about achievements, and I do have OCD; I just don't really care about completion. Maybe it's because I've had this tag forever and never started with achievements, so when I started hunting achievements I was starting with a messed up completion percentage. If it's a game I like, and or I get motivation to complete a certain achievement, I will do it. I just don't kill myself for 100% is all. I am trying to go back and clean up some of my un-finished games, most I haven't even beat the story on.

So here are a few quick and random facts about me....

Favorite Food: Chinese

Favorite Drink: Water

Favorite Color: Orange

Favorite Console: Nintendo 64, I have so many fond memories with it

First Xbox 360 Game Played: Halo 3

First XBLA Game Downloaded: Doom

First Achievement:
"Graduate" from Halo 3

Favorite Game Genre: RPG (I can't pick a favorite game, so this will have to do)

Dream Car:
Lamborghini

Dream Vacation: New Zealand

Dislikes: Most insects, especially: spiders, cockroaches, and pretty much everything with a "shell."

Hand Orientation: Right

Favorite Pie: Pumpkin (I love anything pumpkin)

Favorite Instrument: I've played many over the years: guitar, bass, and drums. After all the experimentation, I like the Piano best (which I'm currently learning)

Something I like to do, that hasn't already been said: I like cooking, when I get the chance (it's also healthier). Most things you can be creative with, I like. Then again, if you're a really creative person you can make anything interesting...

There it is; a short version for the people not brave enough to read the whole thing. Which I would recommend still doing, as I rushed and left a lot of details out here. Either way, you know a little more about me .

Last edited by Fishman; 03-10-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

The Long Tale: Part 1

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Fishman; 03-06-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

The Long Tale: Part 2

Last edited by Fishman; 03-05-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #5
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

The Long Tale: Part 3 - Told for the first time, the Origin of Fish

Last edited by Fishman; 03-05-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

The Long Tale: Part 4 - The Gripping Final Chapter About Gaming

Last edited by Fishman; 03-05-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #7
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Reserved #6
Old 03-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #8
m1 yid

m1 yid's Gamercard
Firstly- wow crazy obsession with your fish tank aquarium and fishy puns
Secondly you don't have to answer this but do you own any real firearms (curiosity)
Thirdly I love most of the games you loves especially halo 3. Did you not get to like the elder scrolls?

Thanks to KillerBEA for this amazing sig.
m1 yid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #9
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1 yid View Post
Firstly- wow crazy obsession with your fish tank aquarium and fishy puns
Secondly you don't have to answer this but do you own any real firearms (curiosity)
Thirdly I love most of the games you loves especially halo 3. Did you not get to like the elder scrolls?
1. I warned you, I love my puns . And yeah, there is a whole back story to my name...most people don't know.

2. No, I currently don't own any. Where I live, there really isn't a place to use them safely. There are some shooting ranges, but between a lane rental and ammo, it just isn't worth it. I already have enough expensive hobbies.

3. I really wanted to play Skyrim, but that was around the time I took my break from Xbox. So I still need to play that.

Did you read the whole blog? Just curious .
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #10
m1 yid

m1 yid's Gamercard
I read all of it. I skimmed a few about the woodwork as that's not my thing. Lemmings on a floppy disk

Old 03-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #11
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
I read all of it. I skimmed a few about the woodwork as that's not my thing. Lemmings on a floppy disk
I wish we got Lemmings on Xbox, pretty sure just PS peeps got that .
Old 03-06-2014, 12:28 AM   #12
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Awesome read! Kinda makes me wish my blog was better done like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
SWAG!
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #13
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Awesome read! Kinda makes me wish my blog was better done like this
Much appreciated, and I'm glad you liked it. Hope I got you hooked (sorry, had to do it) and you will come visit every now and then for new posts/updates .
Old 03-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #14
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

I added the shorter version here. So if you don't want to read the whole thing, you have something at least. I will say my story is pretty damn cool, so I would read the whole thing .

I also wanted to post that I reached my goal of 75k. While I know it isn't that impressive, I think it's a decent milestone. My next goal is 100k, hoping by the end of the year. I'm also going to start keeping a better history of my progress, I don't have anything prior to this milestone.

I did manage to hit 75k exactly:

And the not special achievement that got me there:

Old 03-07-2014, 01:13 AM   #15
m1 yid

m1 yid's Gamercard
Well done on getting to 75,000 trying to get to 20,000 myself. Just can't seem to get the achievement on ghosts starting to drive me crazy. What games do you have lined up for the next 25,000 points?

Old 03-07-2014, 04:17 AM   #16
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
Well done on getting to 75,000 trying to get to 20,000 myself. Just can't seem to get the achievement on ghosts starting to drive me crazy. What games do you have lined up for the next 25,000 points?
Thanks. I'm going to try to go back and finish games that I have abandoned over the years, and of course some new games. I'm going to start Skyrim and Dark Souls II soon, just need to complete a few I have pending. So many games I haven't even beat the story of .

Oh, I got Portal 2 I haven't even opened yet. You have that game?
Old 03-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #17
m1 yid

m1 yid's Gamercard
I don't have portal II what is it about? I highly recommend skyrim it's amazing. You will get lost in the story and side quests for hours. The lore is amazing and I can't wait for the elder scrolls online to come out.
Never played dark souls either.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #18
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

So it's been awhile since I made an update. I've been pretty busy, and haven't even been playing games as much as I would like to. I did pick up Dark Souls II: Black Armor Edition for about $45 brand new on launch, and I got the Burial at Sea: Episode 2 DLC a few days ago.

Dark Souls has been awesome so far, haven't gotten too far into it yet though. This is how sequels should be made, it's really refreshing to see a sequel that actually feels..well, like a sequel. While it might not be a direct sequel, a lot of the basics are the same. So if you played the first, you are ready for the second. You don't have to play the first though, if you did however, the transition will be smooth.

Burial at Sea: E2 was a pretty good DLC, little longer than the first and it answered some questions; it also brought on new questions. I really hope they don't drop the Bioshock series and make another. I really like the characters and story.

Hmm, what else? I'm pretty excited for the new Captain America movie, and I made a new sig in anticipation of it. I'm really happy with how it came out.

I still need to make a pet section for my blog, but in the meantime here is a picture of one of my dogs. It's not the best (or the most current), I think the way he's sitting makes his neck look wrinkly .