PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > South Park: Tenorman's Revenge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thoughts and Impressions Thread

So, who is playing the demo/full game? Played for 20 minutes and enjoying it.

Looks like you will have to play through more than once, to collect all items. That's the vibe I got from the little bit I played.

Got an achievement guide in the works, but video was cut short due to issue with PVR so I have to go and buy a new one tomorrow. Until then, the guide will be written with no videos (too soon anyway).

You can play 4 player local from what I could tell, so achievement hunting should not be a problem.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Sherrif Jimmy

Sherrif Jimmy's Gamercard
Sounds good, looking forward to the guide. I'll download the trial when I get the chance. I'm not a big fan of Tower Defence or RPG's, so this is the South Park game I've been looking forward to most.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
First boss battle is frustrating. Rage quit right out of the game!

You can even do the MP achievements locally, with a second controller. Example:

Didn't even take a breath and the achievement unlocked. Wish they were a little more difficult to obtain.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
It dosnt seem that great tbh, not a patch on games like splosion man but i am yet to play it in mp or with another character apart from cartman. later levels may be more of a challenge as well.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
Looking forward to your achievement guide. Gonna go try out the game right now.
thenutman69321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
doomey

doomey's Gamercard
I do not like this game at all. The sharing the screen with four players us really dumb, what I mean by this is, lets say for example your trying to move over to the right, and your coop players on in the left, even as the host your forced to stick to the left.

That said the visulas and story ate very south park, and if your a fan like myself that's a big thumbs up.

In honesty though I don't think the game is great, and I would advise you get tower defence instead, that is miles more fun.
doomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
DROGTURIST

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
This game is absolutely awful. Typically floaty Flash game controls with poor jumping physics, barely any level design to speak of and no real platforming challenge. It's just an absolutely massive collectathon; all you do is pick up shit so you can pick up more shit for no reason or purpose.

The OP talking about "playing the game more than once" is laughable, no offense intended. Try like 15-20 times to find all the collecting shit you have to find! You have to play the game an absolute minimum of four times not just because of the achievement for using all characters, but because the levels demand you use Kyle in this spot or Stan in that spot, etc. And that's four times if you're some kind of savant god at finding collectables, because most of us will end up playing the mentioned 15-20 times to find everything.

Going to shelve this piece of crap until someone who likes it more than I do makes maps or guides or something. This isn't a game, it's a work assignment. They even expect us to stack crates for no reason other than to collect the shit that's up there if you stack high enough!

I honestly thought collectathon games died with the PS2. Guess these guys are bringing it back.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
The Hypnotoad

Lol Wut Pear's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
This game is absolutely awful. Typically floaty Flash game controls with poor jumping physics, barely any level design to speak of and no real platforming challenge. It's just an absolutely massive collectathon; all you do is pick up shit so you can pick up more shit for no reason or purpose.

The OP talking about "playing the game more than once" is laughable, no offense intended. Try like 15-20 times to find all the collecting shit you have to find! You have to play the game an absolute minimum of four times not just because of the achievement for using all characters, but because the levels demand you use Kyle in this spot or Stan in that spot, etc. And that's four times if you're some kind of savant god at finding collectables, because most of us will end up playing the mentioned 15-20 times to find everything.

Going to shelve this piece of crap until someone who likes it more than I do makes maps or guides or something. This isn't a game, it's a work assignment. They even expect us to stack crates for no reason other than to collect the shit that's up there if you stack high enough!

I honestly thought collectathon games died with the PS2. Guess these guys are bringing it back.
I have to agree, what Ive played of it so far has been poor.

I thought Id play as cartman as you would think hes the "main" character due to it being about scot tennerman but he is terrible to play as. The hit markers in the game are stupid (stood behind people and getting hit, jumping past lava gaps and losing health when there is no lava there) and I really hope the sewer level was a last minute thought because the whole level was a joke.

Just seems like it was rushed to get out.

100% Retail
Ashes Cricket, Megadrive Classics, Avatar, Madden 06, FNR 3, NBA 2K6, Cloudy, PDC Pro tour, Sleeping Dogs, SR:IV
100% XBLA
Uno, 3 on 3 NHL, DOD, DR2:C0, Sonic&knuckles, Portal:SA, Monkey Island SE, SVC: Alex Kidd, Minecraft, State Of Decay, Crash Course 2, Awesomnauts
Working On
Portal 2, Cloudberry Kingdom
The Hypnotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #9
BLQQDCQRE

MyRawGamerScore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Tried the trial. Found it kind of boring. But I did play it only 5 min. I like the part when Cartman said "Pussy." Looks like the game will pick up, but jumping around collecting things was kind of boring. I like the animation of it all but . . . dunno, i just played 5 min.
BLQQDCQRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
As cheevs go the list is easy but very glitchy. I had bout 8 cheevs pop up playing but when I went to my cheev list it said I had 1/20, so I had to recover GT, that pissed me off.

The game itself is your basic platform game, nothing challenging at all and honestly, I wasn't expecting a arcade to be more than that. It's simple looks like South Park and that's basically what I expected so it matched my expectation

Now when the retail game comes out, I'm expecting a lot more than what we got from this game
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
vVLelouchVv

vVLelouchVv's Gamercard
the game is very challenging but thats what makes it fun trying to finish up my achievements but its still fun i believe this game will have a lasting appeal for me
Old 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The final boss is a pain in the butt to defeat. The boss is really easy with Kenny, but much harder with any other character. This could just be me though thinking this.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
The final boss is a pain in the butt to defeat. The boss is really easy with Kenny, but much harder with any other character. This could just be me though thinking this.
I think Kyle is the best character for the last boss, due to his ability to stun the robots.
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #14
vVLelouchVv

vVLelouchVv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
Last boss isn't very hard except for the last part with the boxes thats the only part that is hard for me its really easy with a partner so they can distract him while you do it
Old 08-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
ecu1982

Craig0930's Gamercard
How is the game? I was thinking about getting it for my wife. She loves south park.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #16
Thatcat8

thatcat8's Gamercard

Just finished the Stick of Truth, still jonesin' for some South Park, this game worth picking up?
Thatcat8 is offline   Reply With Quote