PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Amazing Spider-Man
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Worth getting?

Thinking about getting this game but is it worth it?
I'm hoping as its a new game it will be as good as batman Arkham asylum / city or is it just another cheap movie knock off?
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
TimL

TimmehBoiii's Gamercard
You could say it's probably the best Spider-Man game out there. But there are a few things you have to know before you get it:

- Webs attach to nothing, but you can only swing if they can attach to something (for some this is a deal breaker)
- The combat system is a copy of Arkham franchise (but doesnt feel as responsive/smooth)
- The missions are more or less the same (enter room, stealth or combat and a lot of airvent sneaking etc)
- Boss fights play the same too (dodge, beat up, jump. The only unique boss fights are the rhino ones due to not being able to beat him up)
- Sidemissions/crimes stop after you completed them 100% (achievement for almost every crime type completed)

If you still want the game get it. It's worth a purchase if you are a Spider-Man fan (like me) but I dont think that there is a lot of replay value (if you dont go for collectibles in levels or comic pages). I'm also pretty certain that they patch random crimes in later on and they already said months ago that they want to release a lot of DLC for it (maybe they should sort the game issues out first before releasing DLC but meh).
TimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL View Post
You could say it's probably the best Spider-Man game out there. But there are a few things you have to know before you get it:

- Webs attach to nothing, but you can only swing if they can attach to something (for some this is a deal breaker)
- The combat system is a copy of Arkham franchise (but doesnt feel as responsive/smooth)
- The missions are more or less the same (enter room, stealth or combat and a lot of airvent sneaking etc)
- Boss fights play the same too (dodge, beat up, jump. The only unique boss fights are the rhino ones due to not being able to beat him up)
- Sidemissions/crimes stop after you completed them 100% (achievement for almost every crime type completed)

If you still want the game get it. It's worth a purchase if you are a Spider-Man fan (like me) but I dont think that there is a lot of replay value (if you dont go for collectibles in levels or comic pages). I'm also pretty certain that they patch random crimes in later on and they already said months ago that they want to release a lot of DLC for it (maybe they should sort the game issues out first before releasing DLC but meh).
Ok thanks for a quick detailed reply. Once i finish some other games I'll get this one
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'd say, pick it up. It's a good game.

Also, I didn't know they planned on doing DLC. Will it have achievements? I usually sell my games after beating them. But with this being Spiderman, I've actually held onto it. Glad I am if they release DLC for it

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
A Blown Penguin

UniquePrecisi0n's Gamercard
It seems fun but what is the main point? is there a storyline?
A Blown Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
TimL

TimmehBoiii's Gamercard
Yes? Oscorp continued Connors research and created all kinds of Cross-species that break out in the begin of the game and Smythe unleashes an army of robots that hunt the cross-species (including Spider-Man) down.

Thats the plot.
TimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
x Son of WolF x

x son of wolf x's Gamercard
I bought it thinking/hoping it would be like Arkham City. The combat is no were near the combat of AC. Web slinging is kinda fun but it gets old. This game is a rental, but if you can get it for $30 it'd be worth it. Not worth $60.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #8
modano

desperados99's Gamercard
I would say the controls are not very well done. At least for me it's unprecise.

The best Spider-Man game is still Spider-Man 2 (Playstation 2, Xbox). The look and feel of that game is just great. It's a shame that in 2012 they are not able to match the quality of a game thats from 2004. The graphics in comparison could be better, too.

Overall it's a okay game if you like Spider-Man in general.

Last edited by modano; 12-31-2012 at 10:35 PM.
modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
wilhelmryan01

wilhelmryan01's Gamercard
I got it for $20 and I can definitely say its worth it at that price. The web slinging through the city can be fun, solid graphics and chat, and easy achievements (if that would be a factor).
wilhelmryan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
mavryk

Mav Ryk 1's Gamercard
Its awful,twitchy camera that locks onto things when you dont want it a-la resi6,button prompts that flash up too quickly and dont work even if you time it right,terrible xbox 1 graphics,spiderman is pretty much uncontrollable in places,one button for web-slinging which is uninspiring to say the least,cheesy dialogue,awful indoor sections,its a bastardisation of arkham and spidey 2 but not even 5% as good as them,beenox really need to stop now,but why will they when they can keep pumping out dross for activision to hoover up the money,in short its just as bad as every other beenox game.
mavryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #11
crocodial

beavis bee's Gamercard
this is an okay game. i don't understand why it reviewed so favorably. as someone said above, the story missions are largely cut and paste. same enemies, same bosses, different skins. combat is wannabe batman. it lacks the sophistication. you end up button mashing, as it is more effective than coordinated attacks. movement is annoying. imagine batman, but with a grappling that is hit or miss, in terms of usability. very difficult to jump from one small ledge to another without sticking to the wrong wall or completing leaping off and having to grappling back up and it sticks you on the opposite wall. and my biggest gripe: the side missions are long and boring and tedious. like seriously, no one put any thought or interest into them. someone came up with 2-3 of the simplest, most basic types of missions they could think of and then multiplied them by about 50.

the game is okay and not hard to complete, but honestly... to me it is a pass. play web of shadows. it is basically the same game, but better because you expect less of it.
crocodial is offline   Reply With Quote