PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
Dahsk

Dahsk's Gamercard
If I made an actually helpful walkthrough, would It be used here?

Alright so I picked this game up for 5 bucks, pretty fun game, jumpings a bit weird but eh, easy 1000gs for about 4 hours of fun, not a bad deal.

My question is about that god awful walk-through on the roadmap. I don't know if that was someone from this community who made it, so I don't want to be too harsh towards it, and I only saw a few of them before giving up on them so maybe I'm over-reacting, but that "Walk-Through" is just a lets play, and not even a good one at that. I just got done watching the Abyss level, and not only did he skip half the treasures, but hearing someone complain for 20 minutes about the level didn't make it any better.

Alright I'm really sorry if someone from this community made that and is reading this, but I'm just being honest. But enough ripping on the lets play, my question is since I have a capture card, if I were to upload a better guide to youtube, how would I go about submitting it to be used in the guide here? It'd be cool to help out since I've used this site for all my achievements thus far, and I'm searching really hard for a guide but there aren't many good ones online at the moment.

TL;DR I want to make a guide for this game that is better then the let's play the roadmap is currently using. How do?

Dahsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Hi Dahsk! Anyone is allowed to make a guide and roadmap, and if it's verified as good enough by the guide team, it will be given a sticky in the forum (and if better than an official one, replace it on the game's achievement list). I recommend you use this thread to get you started. It may seem like a long read, but it's essential if you want to become a good guide writer. To reference my own work, check out my Dragon Age: Inquisition Guide and #IDARB Guide for two very contrasting appearances. One is very long, and one is very short. If you have questions, any concerns, whatever about writing a guide, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll help however I can

Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Dahsk

Dahsk's Gamercard
Would I need to re-write the entire roadmap then? I wouldn't mind going through the work to do so, I got plenty of free time, but the roadmap the game has now is fine, there isn't really much I can add to it. The only thing I feel could be 1000000x better is the video walkthrough, can I just replace that? Or should I just re-write the whole thing?

Old 02-04-2015, 01:23 AM   #4
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You have the choice of either creating a brand new one of your own, or signing up in the Greenbook to alter the existing one (that forum is located here). If it's not in the Greenbook, which some poorly written guides are not, you would have to contact the original author for permission to rewrite his work.

Of course, you can always take the information from his and reword it to quickly make your own, while altering what you believe is unsatisfactory.

Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:16 AM   #5
Corrupt.
Die, puny Earthlings

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
You can use this thread:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=410305

"The price is wrong, bitch”
Corrupt. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:39 AM   #6
Dahsk

Dahsk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd. View Post
You have the choice of either creating a brand new one of your own, or signing up in the Greenbook to alter the existing one (that forum is located here). If it's not in the Greenbook, which some poorly written guides are not, you would have to contact the original author for permission to rewrite his work.

Of course, you can always take the information from his and reword it to quickly make your own, while altering what you believe is unsatisfactory.

I wouldn't mind doing that, but is that allowed here? I could probably re-write the whole guide and have it done by the weekend, but I'm still new here and I didn't want to just hijack someone's guide. I was just frustrated because I needed help on a handful of the treasures, and the video walkthrough was just a lets play.

If re-writing is allowed, I'll go ahead and do that, or maybe just try to contact the author. I just didn't know if that was considered stealing.