PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Disc 2 installation query

I installed disc 1 with no issue. When I tried to install disc 2, first time around, it loaded Assassins Creed 2!? I know, weird. Then after dashboarding, I tried again, only to be given status error code 8C230002. Google search brought up parental settings, but my console settings allow any rated games etc, as I set that up ages ago when I bought the console.

Is disc 2 installable? It loads the game fine when playing from disc, but I don't want the noise from the disc drive as I can only game at night when my daughter is asleep, and she has to sleep in the bedroom where my Xbox is set up. She is far too nosy to ignore that sort of noise and will want to investigate. Don't want to miss out on a great game.

Edit: So I found out how to play the disc. Had to wait on dashboard until it registered the disc on the play game tab. So, I start playing, and when I get to Michaels safe house, it reboots the game, and gives me a warning message I will have to replace the disc if problems continue. Then won't work. Doesn't help my stepson has left a scratch on the disc and is able to play it further in the game on his Xbox. So I am now installing the game to see if this remedies the problem. If not I have wasted 21 on the game as I no longer know where my receipt is. Can't afford to replace it either. Gutted.

Edit 2: I'm a dingus. The receipt was in the back pocket of the jeans I am wearing. Which I wore when I went to the shop. So at least I can return it if its still being awkward.

Last edited by FullMoonBeaver; 05-21-2014 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Part solution found.
FullMoonBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
FRIDAY M0RTIMER

FRIDAY M0RTIMER's Gamercard
this does not sound legit to me.
FRIDAY M0RTIMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Well I took the disc back to the shop I bought it last week, and got an exchange. Works perfectly now, and I have been able to install disc 2. All the hype of this game was worth listening too. Totally epic!!