PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The Turbo Controller Test

NOTE: Purists, please don't bite of my head for this post. I was curious about this and thought I would share for those that wanted the information. It's been over 5 years, I think it's ok to use now. I hope it may help people that had this in their backlog and needed to level up some to finish the last few bosses.

I played the game years ago on my old account and got it again recently. I have started the game again and have enjoyed every minute of it again! I have got down to missing just 5 accessory skills with my immortals and the random battles were starting to peck away at my brain (from framing SP not leveling). I figured I would just see if there was any way to make the last few levels a little less painful to grind.

I have searched for a bit and found no mention of anyone trying to use a turbo controller, so I decided to try it out. Of course, running in place does not work. I did find a place that did work though.....The Snowfields of the Northern Land! There are few walls and you just run to the next area.

This turned out to work pretty well on the first night of running it. I had immortals at 65+ and Sed at 55. It looks to give about 12-20 xp(doubled) a fight still at level 83 in recent testing. In the 60s, your party will still die a few times, more so your mortal if not using Tolten and his persistence. It should still work fine. Everyone will just stay at low health until you hit 70 or so but still level up.

Please be aware you need to play the game normally to learn skills on the immortals and this trick does not work for that. The only gain from this method is the gain levels to help with the last few bosses in the game if you are having issues with them. By this point you should be able to finish the story and learn most skills

But that's why you are here! Here is what I did.

1) Get a turbo controller (I use the Hori EX 2 and it works great and is wired)
2) Play the game! You will need to be at least level 65 average (maybe sooner but having all mortal skills and most accessory skills unlocked helps a ton and is almost required to survive)
3) Go to the Snowfields of the Northern Land. (I always have trouble with that name for some reason)
4) Power off the controller by unplugging it or taking out the battery
5) Hold UP on the Left Analog Stick and plug the controller back in. (It makes you run down for some reason and no rubber band!)
6) Turbo the A button
7) ???
8) Profit!

I know, a long post for simple steps, but whatever!

My Progress doing this
Char - First 5.5 hours - Another 7 hours
Kaim - Level 64-80 - Level 99
Seth - Level 64-80 - Level 99
Sarah - Level 61-77 - Level 96
Sed - Level 55-70 - Level 90
Ming - Level 63-79 - Level 98

It may not go quite as fast as the Kelolon grinding (more so in later levels) but seems to get the job done pretty well. It could be used to level up mortals you don't like to use, or level your whole party. How you choose to use this information is up to you.

For poots and giggles, here is my immortal skill setup. Hardcore players might turn a nose up to some of my choices but it works for me so far. The Yeti's Full Swing attack is just about the only worry for my immortal charters. Kaim, Seth and Sed have Greed Rings on.

Slot +3
Slot +5
Slot +10
Double xp, gold, sp/Ultimate Analysis
Special Accessory
Royal Equipment
Counter Up (Kaim and Seth have Combat Teachings equipped for Counter)
All Elements Null
All Aliment Null
Evade Up
Casting Support
Turn Tail
Ultimate Hit for Kaim and Seth/ HP Max 1 for Sarah and Ming
Combo(3) Kaim and Seth/HP Max 2 Sarah and Ming
HP Max 3
HP Max 4
MP Max 4
Absorb Magic
Attack Boost 2
Black and White 8
Spirit 8
Composite 4
Reduce Casting 2
Magic Def 2
Double Item
Absorb elements
persistence
Absorb Attack
Double Cast

Last edited by littlejay; 06-11-2013 at 05:28 AM.
littlejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
eohjay

eohjay's Gamercard
I always like to see methods to get some use out of my turbo controller, haha.

I recently came back to LO after a 2 year hiatus, but I've only got Treasure Trove left - so I won't be needing to use this trick. Had I found it prior to getting my skill master achievements (and possibly leveling for the DLC boss) I probably would have used it.

Thanks for sharing!

Drop me a line if you want to play any games, or need a hand.

Looking to boost in: Brain Challenge, Culdcept Saga and Resident Evil 5.

eohjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well with skill master you need to be around to change skills and accessories. With this method, it's for leveling while you are away mostly. Grinding the backyard is way better for skill master. It did help a lot for the DLC boss and the Immortal though which are the only two reasons for going too far past 70. Maybe Master Fu was cake as well
Old 06-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
eohjay

eohjay's Gamercard
I'm sure you could use it towards skill master for short durations of time while you get stuff around the house done. In between chores you could check/change accessories

Also, don't forget using it for the Zero MP skill that costs 999SP to learn. You don't need it for any achievements (or anything else, really, haha), but for completion's sake . . .

Drop me a line if you want to play any games, or need a hand.

Looking to boost in: Brain Challenge, Culdcept Saga and Resident Evil 5.

eohjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
hydroxyde

hydroxyde's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
NOTE: Purists, please don't bite of my head for this post. I was curious about this and thought I would share for those that wanted the information. It's been over 5 years, I think it's ok to use now. I hope it may help people that had this in their backlog and needed to level up some to finish the last few bosses.
Remember back in the days of the NES when turbo used to be a first-party feature, instead of third-party? Those were the days. When did gaming get so serious?

Quote:
5) Hold UP on the Left Analog Stick and plug the controller back in. (It makes you run down for some reason and no rubber band!)
The analog sticks of the controllers are calibrated when the controller powers up. By holding "up" you have set that as the central position of the analog stick. So, when the stick is in its real neutral position, according to the calibration, it's as if you were holding the stick in the "down" position. If you had held it left, you would run right, etc.
hydroxyde is offline   Reply With Quote