PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #31
Chada Darkmane

Chada Darkmane's Gamercard
Why is civilization on this list? I have the NTSC J version and it isnt stacking with the PAL version
Old 08-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #32
xCKJoeh153x

Send a message via AIM to xCKJoeh153x

CoolKidJoe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada Darkmane View Post
Why is civilization on this list? I have the NTSC J version and it isnt stacking with the PAL version
Did you buy the correct NTSC-J version, like the Japanese version I have it listed as? Just because it's NTSC-J doesn't make it the correct version, it could be Taiwanese, Asian, Korean, Japanese.

xCKJoeh153x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #33
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
If I might make a suggestion? It would probably be helpful for many people if you explained what "stackable" means and how it works in your first post. Thanks for all the hard work on this thread. Shoot me a message when you have it all up to date and I'll unstick and close the old thread.
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:58 PM   #34
Chada Darkmane

Chada Darkmane's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCKJoeh153x View Post
Did you buy the correct NTSC-J version, like the Japanese version I have it listed as? Just because it's NTSC-J doesn't make it the correct version, it could be Taiwanese, Asian, Korean, Japanese.
Well that is confusing. How am i supposed to know which version i have? I thought NTSC-J was all the same.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #35
xCKJoeh153x

CoolKidJoe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada Darkmane View Post
Well that is confusing. How am i supposed to know which version i have? I thought NTSC-J was all the same.
Well if you really want to go into it, technically all PAL games or NTSC games aren't the same either. If the stackable version was listed as just the NTSC-J version I would have listed that as the appropriate version and not specifically Japanese.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #36
Just AmazN

just amazn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hungry Shark Evolution is stackable for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8
Just AmazN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:12 AM   #37
BigNev44

BigNev44's Gamercard
Awesome work on the thread Joe,

Tomb Raider: Underworld (2)
-Standard
-Japan

The DLC for the Japanese version is no longer on the JPN marketplace, just a note for completionists.

Sleeping Dogs (3)
-Standard
-Japan
-Germany

Warning: If any one of the versions are completed, they must play the other 2 OFFLINE due to shared regional server (almost learned that the hard way, doing JPN and German version together)

Last edited by BigNev44; 08-15-2014 at 06:22 AM.
BigNev44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #38
DarkxMaterials
Staff

DarkxMaterials's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Some notes...

Angry Birds Star Wars: Xbox One has an unobtainable, 985/1000 can be achieved

Ninety Nine Nights 2: Korean and Asia Pacific versions are not region free. They work on NTSC and NTSC-J boxes but not PAL boxes

Wall-E Korea: Can be played on a PAL box

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Japanese GOTY has full Japanese text, English voices

Tony Hawk's Project 8: Japanese version has 95% English Text and English voices

Everyparty: Chinese version is in full English, Japanese version is in full Japanese

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Japanese version has full Japanese text, English voices

Fruit Ninja: Windows 7 and Windows 8 versions can both be bought on a Windows Phone 8

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: PC version has 200, a similiar list and includes the DLC that the Xbox 360 version has. Xbox 360 version has 250

Hydro Thunder Hurricane: There is also an XBLA version of this game. XBLA version has 250, Windows 8 version has a similiar list but 200 and includes the DLC from the XBLA version, Windows Phone version has a totally different list

Zombies!!!: Windows phone has 250 and the DLC has been delisted due to th change from MSP to Currency

Your Shape Fitness Evolved: Japanese version does not have the DLCs that the International version has. International version has 1045

Voodoo Dice: Japanese version is in full English

Shuffle Party: Windows Phone version has 50, Windows 8 version has 200

Resident Evil 5: PC version does not have any DLC. The Xbox 360 version has 1400

Record of Agarest War: Japanese version has 1 unobtainable achievement. 990 can be achieved

Dead Rising 2 Case Zero: Japanese and Korean versions are in full English

Dead Rising 2 Case West: Japanese and Korean versions are in full English

Last edited by DarkxMaterials; 08-22-2014 at 01:25 PM.
DarkxMaterials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #39
troy0891

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
I'm considering getting a PAL and Japanese console for use in North America (in addition to my current NTSC one). I've been trying to do some research and find out how to make them actually work. I expected I would need to obtain a voltage converter but it appears I may also have a compatibility issue with my TV?

Can any of you lovely folks who have already made it work give me any pointers on what I need and where the best places are to get them?
My Blog
Old 08-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #40
DarkxMaterials
Staff

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
I'm considering getting a PAL and Japanese console for use in North America (in addition to my current NTSC one). I've been trying to do some research and find out how to make them actually work. I expected I would need to obtain a voltage converter but it appears I may also have a compatibility issue with my TV?

Can any of you lovely folks who have already made it work give me any pointers on what I need and where the best places are to get them?
The simplest answer is to just use the American cords for all the foreign boxes. I believe I just used the Japanese cords straight out of the box because I looked at the voltages and they were the same as in the US. No voltage converter required. They will also have no issues with your TV.

I don't have any slim consoles though, just arcades and elites.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #41
troy0891

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkxMaterials View Post
The simplest answer is to just use the American cords for all the foreign boxes. I believe I just used the Japanese cords straight out of the box because I looked at the voltages and they were the same as in the US. No voltage converter required. They will also have no issues with your TV.

I don't have any slim consoles though, just arcades and elites.
I don't have a slim either. I'm still rocking the first elite I bought 7 years ago.

This is good news. So it sounds like all I need to do is obtain the consoles and plug and play. I like it Any suggestions on the best/cheapest way to get them? If it's possible, I would prefer to buy new consoles.
My Blog
Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #42
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Are all of these region-free? I might get the other versions of Saints Row 3 and 4 but I only have a UK console and don't want to waste my money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #43
troy0891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
Are all of these region-free? I might get the other versions of Saints Row 3 and 4 but I only have a UK console and don't want to waste my money.
My understanding is that the bulk of them are region locked. That's why I'm looking into importing a PAL and Japanese console.
My Blog
Old 08-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #44
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
Since you have a UK console, the german version of SR 3 and the Australian version of Saints Row 4 will work on your console since they are the same region coding as your console.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #45
xCKJoeh153x

CoolKidJoe's Gamercard
How do you guys wanna go about Metro?

Do you want it like this?

Metro 2033 (4)
-Xbox 360
-Xbox 360 Japan
-Xbox One Redux Digital
-Xbox One Redux Physical
Additional Notes:
-Xbox One Redux Physical combines Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light achievement lists into one list worth 2000GS

Metro Last Light (4)
-Xbox 360
-Xbox 360 Japan
-Xbox One Redux Digital
-Xbox One Redux Physical
Additional Notes:
-Xbox One Redux Physical combines Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light achievement lists into one list worth 2000GS

or like this:

Metro 2033 (2)
-Standard
-Japan

Metro Last Light (2)
-Standard
-Japan

Metro Redux (2)
-Digital
-Physical
Additional Notes:
-Digital achievement lists are 2 separate lists worth 1000GS each, Physical achievement list is both achievement lists combined.

or something else entirely different?

Old 08-21-2014, 03:19 AM   #46
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Super street fighter IV AE (PC) - The code can only be used once, so don't buy it used.

I'm not sure about Street fighter 4 PC, but due to the fact that I can't find it pre-owned I could assume that it's the same.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #47
Mr Chaotix

Mr Chaotix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Ceris   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Fruit Ninja: Windows 7 and Windows 8 versions can both be bought on a Windows Phone 8
How do you get the WP7 version on a WP8?
It doesn't appear in the store and won't let me buy it online

75,000G - 17/06/2014
100,000G - 31/10/2014
Mr Chaotix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #48
Just AmazN

just amazn's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCKJoeh153x View Post
How do you guys wanna go about Metro?

Do you want it like this?

Metro 2033 (4)
-Xbox 360
-Xbox 360 Japan
-Xbox One Redux Digital
-Xbox One Redux Physical
Additional Notes:

Metro Last Light (4)
-Xbox 360
-Xbox 360 Japan
-Xbox One Redux Digital
-Xbox One Redux Physical
Additional Notes:

or like this:

Metro 2033 (2)
-Standard
-Japan

Metro Last Light (2)
-Standard
-Japan

Metro Redux (2)
-Digital
-Physical
Additional Notes:
-Digital achievement lists are 2 separate lists worth 1000GS each, Physical achievement list is both achievement lists combined.

or something else entirely different?
This seems ok...

Metro 2033 (4)
-Xbox 360
-Xbox 360 Japan
-Xbox One Redux Digital
-Xbox One Redux Physical
Additional Notes:

Metro Last Light (4)
-Xbox 360
-Xbox 360 Japan
-Xbox One Redux Digital
-Xbox One Redux Physical
Additional Notes:
Old 08-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #49
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
My understanding is that the bulk of them are region locked. That's why I'm looking into importing a PAL and Japanese console.
I would probably do the same thing if I could afford another console, and if I had anywhere to put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Since you have a UK console, the german version of SR 3 and the Australian version of Saints Row 4 will work on your console since they are the same region coding as your console.
Great, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #50
troy0891

I made a thread in the 360 forum about how to import consoles. I've linked back to this thread to help people find it. You may or may not want to add a link to the first post here directing people over there. Any of you who have imported consoles, if you would be so kind as to take a look at the thread and help me spot anything I may have forgotten to include I would be most appreciative.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=586358
My Blog
Old 08-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #51
DarkxMaterials
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chaotix View Post
How do you get the WP7 version on a WP8?
It doesn't appear in the store and won't let me buy it online
It used to be there at least. I have both on my WP8. If the following link in the article doesn't work for you I guess they fixed it.
http://xboxmobilegamer.com/?s=fruit+ninja
Old 08-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #52
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Quote:
It used to be there at least. I have both on my WP8. If the following link in the article doesn't work for you I guess they fixed it.
Yeah, it looks like the WP7 version isn't available on WP8 anymore. Here's the direct link:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-00237de2db9e
Old 08-21-2014, 10:39 PM   #53
Mr Chaotix

Mr Chaotix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Ceris   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamKet View Post
Yeah, it looks like the WP7 version isn't available on WP8 anymore. Here's the direct link:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...4-00237de2db9e
When I loaded up the link on my phone it told me the app was not compatible because
"This app only works on devices with the following screen resolutions: WVGA (480x800)"

75,000G - 17/06/2014
100,000G - 31/10/2014
Mr Chaotix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #54
mlkybrs r on me

Send a message via AIM to mlkybrs r on me Send a message via MSN to mlkybrs r on me

mlkybrs r on me's Gamercard
how come I can't see any gamertags with stacked metro 2033 yet?

digital and physical versions are out?

Achievement in every game:
2262/ 2464
Follow my progress: http://www.trueachievements.com/mlkybrs+r+on+me.htm

NEW Cheats! Lego 2014 Edition - ALL 566 Cheat codes in all 13 Lego games http://goo.gl/takHIu
mlkybrs r on me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #55
DarkxMaterials
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkybrs r on me View Post
how come I can't see any gamertags with stacked metro 2033 yet?

digital and physical versions are out?
It still has a few days till release. Microsoft did change the achievements section to block people from easily viewing games that are not released yet. There are multiple problems with this though.

1) Microsoft is slow to remove the block. Pinball FX 2 XB1 took more than a few days after release to show up for everyone to see in the achievements section.

2) Now not all of your games show in the achievements section. I submitted feedback on the xbox.com site complaining that about 90 of my games don't appear in the new achievements section.

You probably have way more missing. Vote for my feedback and make a comment so they notice it is a problem...
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...w-all-games-yo

Example of Microsoft blocking users from easily seeing unreleased games...
Metro 2033 Redux: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Compa...amertag=MAKA91
Metro Last Light Redux: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Compa...amertag=MAKA91
Metro Redux: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Compa...g=DJPrometheus

Last edited by DarkxMaterials; 08-22-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #56
mlkybrs r on me

Send a message via AIM to mlkybrs r on me Send a message via MSN to mlkybrs r on me

mlkybrs r on me's Gamercard
oh I'm getting mixed up with Diablo lol, cheers for reply

Achievement in every game:
2262/ 2464
Follow my progress: http://www.trueachievements.com/mlkybrs+r+on+me.htm

NEW Cheats! Lego 2014 Edition - ALL 566 Cheat codes in all 13 Lego games http://goo.gl/takHIu
mlkybrs r on me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #57
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNev44 View Post
Sleeping Dogs (3)
-Standard
-Japan
-Germany

Warning: If any one of the versions are completed, they must play the other 2 OFFLINE due to shared regional server (almost learned that the hard way, doing JPN and German version together)
Good to know, I like time stamps so I think I'll avoid these.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #58
Just AmazN

just amazn's Gamercard

I would maybe change FIFA 14 Mobile to FIFA 14 (non console) or FIFA 14 (Windows versions) because even though the Windows Phone version is mobile, the Windows 8 version technically isn't mobile (unless played on a tablet or Surface).
Old 08-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #59
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNev44 View Post

Sleeping Dogs (3)
-Standard
-Japan
-Germany

What do you mean by completed? 100% GS or just completed the game?

How do I avoid that problem so I can play all versions ONLINE?

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #60
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Quote:
2) Now not all of your games show in the achievements section. I submitted feedback on the xbox.com site complaining that about 90 of my games don't appear in the new achievements section.

You probably have way more missing. Vote for my feedback and make a comment so they notice it is a problem...
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...w-all-games-yo
I just voted on your feedback, and added a comment.

It's pretty ridiculous that the new page doesn't show ALL games.