PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
blizeH

nickdrew's Gamercard
Casual -> Hard Boiled?

Hi,

Quite simply, I'm struggling a little on casual (heh) but am still considering playing through the game again, maybe on hard boiled - would it be a complete waste of my time? I'm guessing so...

Cheers
blizeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
blizeH

nickdrew's Gamercard
Bump, any suggestions please?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Chinrub

chinrub's Gamercard
I can't say for sure as I haven't finished the game on hard boiled yet, but after doing the first level or two I think I can say it's not too intense. However I did play the game the whole way through on casual picking up some of the easier achievements on the way through. Now my plan is to replay on hard-boiled to pick up more paper cranes and style points (as they are cumulative through playthroughs). So playing through again is definitely worth it if your looking to get most or all of the achievements.
Just don't be afraid to spam your tequila bombs, I could have used them alot more myself if i wasn't saving it for something really hard I kept expecting to pop up.

Last edited by Chinrub; 02-27-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo's!!
Chinrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
W. Samuel Jones III

WSJ3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizeH View Post
Hi,

Quite simply, I'm struggling a little on casual (heh) but am still considering playing through the game again, maybe on hard boiled - would it be a complete waste of my time? I'm guessing so...

Cheers
If you enjoy playing the game then it wouldn't be a waste of time. There is a guide thread on the board that will walk you thru the difficult spots of the HardBoiled level.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
blizeH

nickdrew's Gamercard
Awesome, many thanks guys - I'm going to start Hard Boiled this weekend then
Old 02-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Galaxy Spear

ArchAngel184's Gamercard
Quote:
Hi,

Cheers
I completed the first level on hard boiled last night and it wasnt all that bad, the only time its gonna be a problem is fighting in confined spaces. Just dive around alot during fights and stay back if there are loads of enemies! Always best to let them come to you while your in cover, for example hide in the kitchen when you get to the bar at the end of hong kong marketplace. Goodluck to you, i'll be playing some more shortly.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
Marx0r

Send a message via MSN to Marx0r

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 3   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Final 4   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I beat the game ages ago on Casual, and I'm just now going back and redoing it. It helps to beat the game on Casual first, as you'll get a good idea of how the mechanics of the game work. Stranglehold's bullettime things aren't in any other game, so you'll have to get used to it. Once you've completed the game, the jump from Casual to Hardboiled is surprisingly easy.

And the future is certain, give us time to work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the b1ues View Post
Your an idiot
Marx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
Galaxy Spear

ArchAngel184's Gamercard
Ive beaten it on Hard Boiled, it was easy for the most part. Some certain points annoyed me,The boss on Mega Restaurant, the death from above Chapter on Chicago History Museum, that kept me retrying for atleast an hour! And ofcourse the last Boss was extremely frustrating. Other than that easy, good luck to the rest of you guys.

Last edited by Galaxy Spear; 03-02-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I removed boss names incase i spoil the game for anyone.
Galaxy Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #9
blizeH

nickdrew's Gamercard
Finding a few bits really tough so far, and the long gap between checkpoints is a touch irritating, but oh well!

Just curious, do you get achievements for normal and hard when you complete the game on hard boiled?
Old 03-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #10
W. Samuel Jones III

WSJ3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Spear View Post
I completed the first level on hard boiled last night and it wasnt all that bad, the only time its gonna be a problem is fighting in confined spaces. Just dive around alot during fights and stay back if there are loads of enemies! Always best to let them come to you while your in cover, for example hide in the kitchen when you get to the bar at the end of hong kong marketplace. Goodluck to you, i'll be playing some more shortly.
Remember to use cover and the AI will often kill themselves if you position them correctly.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #11
ShiryuX

ShiryuDX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Finding a few bits really tough so far, and the long gap between checkpoints is a touch irritating, but oh well!

Just curious, do you get achievements for normal and hard when you complete the game on hard boiled?
Well, I think they do, I did it for Hard and it unlocked normal & easy for me.
I don't really know why I picked hard, I guess I'm playing in how hard boiled is like, just a tad "easier". Casual just seemed too easy but fun to play (because you can get nice style points and you die less fast than you would in hard (boiled)).

My advice to people from my play through on hard : stay covered in a spot and let the enemies come to you. It helps often, I did it in chicago level, put myself behind an unclosed door of the checkpoint and just let people rush in to kill me...Piece of cake and lots of headshots .
ShiryuX is offline   Reply With Quote