PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Assassinís Creed Rogue - World premiere cinematic trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSy5kF6io0

Not sure how to embed the video.

November 11th only for Xbox 360 and PS3 yet makes no sense due to Unity.

Last edited by cjdavies; 08-05-2014 at 09:01 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Remove the 's' from 'https'

We'll see how this one goes. I'm one of those people who like messing around with the Mako in Mass Effect 1/sailing in Wind Waker and Black Flag.

If competitive multiplayer is included, I demand PvP ship battles or I'm not buying!

I'm also getting tired of the assassins vs. templars nonsense. I loved exploring in Black Flag but the story dragged especially when it came to the modern day. Freedom Cry was a breath of fresh air but the story was short and the play area was too damn small!

I still wish that Ubisoft would make a new sailing themed IP away from the Creed series sort of like how Assassin's Creed spawned out of Prince of Persia. The modern day stuff really bogged down Black Flag and it would've been a better experience if that was just cut out entirely. Just let me enjoy the sandbox and sail about, damn it! I don't want to walk around some building and stare at a tablet.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 08-05-2014 at 09:09 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I personally don't like how they keep making us play as people who are not in the assassins creed. Like Kenway. AC4 was good, don't get me wrong, but the whole time I kept wondering when he was going to be inducted or if there would be some backstory into how I'm parkouring and hidden-blade-killing people like an assassin.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
The video didn't embed still? That's strange...let's try another.

Edit: Seems to work here. I tried to add a few images of Rogue to my previous post but those appeared broken too.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 08-05-2014 at 11:12 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Mr Random Hero

Mr Random Hero's Gamercard
Synopsis from Shopto.net

Quote:
Assassin's Creed Rogue
18th century, North America. Amidst the chaos and violence of the French and Indian War, Shay Patrick Cormac, a fearless young member of the Assassin Brotherhood, undergoes a dark transformation that will forever shape the future of the American colonies. After a dangerous mission gone tragically wrong, Shay turns his back on the Assassins who, in response, attempt to end his life. Cast aside by those he once called brothers, Shay sets out on a mission to wipe out all who turned against him and ultimately become the most feared Assassin hunter in history.

Introducing Assassin's Creed Rogue, the darkest chapter in the Assassin's Creed franchise yet. As Shay, you will experience the slow transformation from Assassin to Assassin Hunter. Follow your own creed and set off on an extraordinary journey through New York City, the wild river valley, and far away to the icy cold waters of the North Atlantic in pursuit of your ultimate goal to bring down the Assassins.

Key Features

Become the Ultimate Assassin Hunter
For the first time ever, experience the Assassin's Creed universe from the perspective of a Templar. Play as Shay, who, in addition to the deadly skills of a Master Assassin, also possesses never before seen skills and weapons:

Equip Shay's deadly air rifle for both short and long range combat. Distract, eliminate, or confuse your enemies by using a variety of ammunition, including specialized bullets and grenades

Protect yourself from hidden Assassins with your enhanced eagle vision. Use your vision to constantly assess your surroundings and detect Assassins hiding in the shadows, on rooftops, and in the crowds
Slowly Descend into Darkness

Witness Shay's transformation from an adventurous Assassin to a grim and committed Templar willing to hunt down his former brothers. Experience first-hand the events that will lead Shay down a dark path and set him on a course that will forever change the fate of the Assassin Brotherhood.
New and Improved Naval Gameplay

Cast off in your ship, The Morrigan, and fight your way through the icy seas of the North Atlantic and the narrow waters of America's river valleys. Assassin's Creed Rogue builds on the award winning naval experience from Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag with all new gameplay including:

New enemy tactics: Defend yourself from Assassins as they attempt to board your ship and overthrow your crew. Fight them off quickly to avoid losing too many crew members.

New weapons such as burning oil, which leaves a trail of fire behind to burn enemy ships, and the puckle gun, capable of delivering continuous machine-gun-like fire.

An arctic world full of possibilities: Ram through ice sheets to discover hidden locations and use icebergs as cover during naval battles.

Vast Diverse Open World to Explore

Shay's story will allow you to explore three unique environments.
The North Atlantic Ocean. Experience the cold winds and towering icebergs of the arctic in this expansive naval playground.

The River Valley. A large hybrid setting of the American Frontier mixing seamless river navigation and ground exploration.

New York City. One of the most well-known cities in the world, fully recreated as it existed in the 18th century.
Sounds promising.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
LickableLemons7

^^And to add to the above...no competitive multiplayer or co-op. Rogue is straight up singleplayer.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...ed--Rogue.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
If competitive multiplayer is included, I demand PvP ship battles or I'm not buying!
So I guess I'm buying then, ha. Probably not on launch, I'll wait until next summer for a price drop. I've only just completed Black Flag last month and don't want to tire myself out with Assassin's Creed so soon. I am disappointed that there's no multiplayer this time around, I really wanted those PvP ship battles.

Rogue is being developed by Ubisoft Sofia, and they've worked on Liberation. I haven't played it and I didn't hear too many great things about that one, mostly that the story/setting was unique but didn't live up to its potential and the game seemed rushed. Probably as it was designed for the Vita? Oh well, hope Rogue fares better.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #7
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm actually looking forward to this. Assassin's Creed is a favorite series of mine. And no MP is the icing on the cake
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
Bahugo

Grumpycouch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I still wish that Ubisoft would make a new sailing themed IP away from the Creed series sort of like how Assassin's Creed spawned out of Prince of Persia. The modern day stuff really bogged down Black Flag and it would've been a better experience if that was just cut out entirely. Just let me enjoy the sandbox and sail about, damn it! I don't want to walk around some building and stare at a tablet.
This. I would be all over a pirate IP, I enjoyed Black Flag a lot but I'm burnt out on the same story over and over and over. Although with no MP in this game I might purchase it later on when it's cheap for the sailing on my ps3.

~ Started gaming on Xbox One 7/30/14 ~
~ First 1000g 8/2/14 ~
Bahugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #9
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
This IP has gone to hell.

Assassin's Creed. But you play as a Templar? Add to that just the general fact that there's two games of the same series coming out within the same year, the same quarter?!

To hell with this series. I won't be supporting Ubisoft and AC any longer.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

I'm glad they are at least releasing another Assassin's Creed on the XB360, game looks like it will be a lot of fun and I didn't mind sailing around. Oh and no MP is a plus.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:42 PM   #11
Braiiins

Braiiins's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
This IP has gone to hell.

Assassin's Creed. But you play as a Templar? Add to that just the general fact that there's two games of the same series coming out within the same year, the same quarter?!

To hell with this series. I won't be supporting Ubisoft and AC any longer.
I personally like the fact that it's two different games rather than a ported version of the same game, it lets the different developing branches take advantage of the differences on each generation. Assassin's Creed also has a ton of people working on it (why can't I close 30 minute long credits?). I do think it's a little silly they're coming out a month apart, it would be a lot worse if it was on the same generation though. As for the templar hunting assassin's, I'm a bit worried.
Windows Phone: 68
Braiiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #12
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Seems like the days of Altair, Ezio and a great story are gone. Stealth and story seem to be thrown out the window in favor of fast paced action, guns and naval battles.....

"What is your spaghetti policy here?" - Charlie
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote