PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Boomerang Cat

Exclamation GTA 5 Online: Anyone Else Having Issues With Cars Going Slow At Maximum Acceleration?

I have just played GTA Online for the first time in 2 weeks and as normal jumped in my Entity XF Supercar. However, despite holding down RT to accelerate the Car, it only manages to hit a maximum speed of around 60mph! It should be closer to 200mph.

As a test I then jumped in several other Cars, both owned by me and other random Cars, and around 50% are exactly the same and seem to be stuck in 1st or 2nd Gear.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Do you know of a fix for this problem with GTA Online?

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 08-06-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
I had this issue over a month ago and jumped into different lobbies to see if it was specific to the lobby I was in. But I carried the problem into every lobby I was in. I then came back the following day and the problem had gone away.

I then had this same issue a few weeks back and left it for a few hours and came back online to find it had cleared up.

From my experience this issue will clear itself up. I have no idea what causes it. Initially I thought it was some hacker in the lobby, but I went to many other lobbies and had the same problem.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperspike View Post
I had this issue over a month ago and jumped into different lobbies to see if it was specific to the lobby I was in. But I carried the problem into every lobby I was in. I then came back the following day and the problem had gone away.

I then had this same issue a few weeks back and left it for a few hours and came back online to find it had cleared up.

From my experience this issue will clear itself up. I have no idea what causes it. Initially I thought it was some hacker in the lobby, but I went to many other lobbies and had the same problem.
Thanks for the response Viperspike.

I've just had exactly the same experience, turned on GTA Online today and I had no problems getting to maximum speed.

Just another weird glitch for Rockstar to fix.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I experienced this too but only in my first few online sessions weirdly. I thought it was some kind of capping system for low ranks and was all pissy about it until it cleared itself up the next day!
Lava Tonsil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:09 AM   #5
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
bit late I know but the way to fix this is just turn off your Xbox then turn it back on, this has happened to me 5 or 6 times recently and just turning off and back on fixed it

no idea what causes it to happen though but its pretty annoying when a Faggio scooter is faster then your supercar...
Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
no idea what causes it to happen though but its pretty annoying when a Faggio scooter is faster then your supercar...

That's not annoying, it's funny. That's R* taking the piss out of us.

It was funny having the AI traffic honking their horns at me for holding them up while I was going maximum speed in my Adder.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #7
Ashleyc

Ashley6200's Gamercard
So the question is: what happens if a Faggio is affected? It goes so slowly it starts going backwards?
Ashleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #8
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperspike View Post
That's not annoying, it's funny. That's R* taking the piss out of us.

It was funny having the AI traffic honking their horns at me for holding them up while I was going maximum speed in my Adder.
I found it hilarious the 1st time since I had no idea what was going on, but after a few times I find it gets annoying...especially when the bug works against you and makes it 500x harder to escape from a psyco in a tank xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyc View Post
So the question is: what happens if a Faggio is affected? It goes so slowly it starts going backwards?
maybe it reverses time and causes you to lose RP and levels? , cant really be sure though as the issue never happens when im my woman character and shes the only one of mine that owns a Faggio xD
Old 08-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #9
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Was hoping for an update today to fix it but nothing
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I noticed this on my Bati motorcycle, but don't know if it's me but when I pushed the left thumb forward it seemed to go a bit faster.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #11
Ashleyc

Ashley6200's Gamercard
Pressing forward to lean down and go faster has been a feature of bikes since Vice City!
Ashleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:17 AM   #12
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just go to the dashboard and restart your game, it will fix.

I've been through this twice and went to the dashboard to restart my game and it was fixed. A friend also went through this and I suggested the same thing and it fixed.

It's like the car stays into first gear no matter how long you hold down the gas right?