PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What was your favourite Skate game?
Skate 3 15.00%
Skate 2 11 55.00%
Skate 3 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Dinh Master
Banned User

Dinh Master's Gamercard
Skate Franchise!?

MAN did I love those games. It's been a really long time since they've released one. Anyone know what's up with that? Any news as to whether or not they're done with the Skate games? Not only did I enjoy every moment of those games, but they introduced me to two of my favourite bands, Band of Horses and Animal Collective. Dug the music so much in those games.

Seriously, give me some deets. I'm gonna shake my ass with my arms in the air if they announce a Skate 4

Last edited by Dinh Master; 08-07-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Dinh Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:54 AM   #2
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm with you! I absolutely loved the last two games In the series. I put 100's of hours into each of the online play. I definitely would not complain if they released a skate 4.

As of hearing any news on another skate game,I haven't heard nothing
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:54 AM   #3
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
I voted for Skate 2. I completely forget what I liked about it better now, but I remember it being my favorite. Talk about a franchise that needs to make a return. Let's scrap NBA Live already EA, maybe a couple of others while we're at it and get Skate back on the market.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:10 AM   #4
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
All three games were great, but I loved Skate 2 the most. skate was too difficult and 3 was too easy. Why there hasn't been a 4 I don't know..
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:31 AM   #5
Dinh Master
Banned User

Dinh Master's Gamercard
I voted 3, because it's freshest in my memory. The first one revolutionized skateboarding video games. The second one was a lot of fun, but they had a few too many tedious online achievements. The third one I know the map inside/out, I love just skating around.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:26 AM   #6
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Skate 2 was one of my favorite games last gen.

If Skate 4 came out I may have to get a console.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #7
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
I prefer my one player fighting games; Tony Hawk series.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #8
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Skate 2 for me. it was a big leap ahead of the first one, I sunk a ton of time into it. For me, Skate 3 kind of felt like Skate 2.5. Much like a ton of developers do, as you see in games like Forza, there was just a ton of repeat Skate 2 boards, clothing, and similar events in Skate 3. It didn't feel original and innovative like Skate 2 did to the original.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
fvkasm2x

Y2Kasper10's Gamercard
Have never played a skating game. They any good if you aren't a skateboarding fan?

fvkasm2x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #10
Dinh Master
Banned User

Dinh Master's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvkasm2x View Post
Have never played a skating game. They any good if you aren't a skateboarding fan?
They're extremely fun. If you aren't a skateboarding fan, you can enjoy the downhill death races, and the wipe outs, and just throwing yourself off cliffs and buildings. Obviously being a skateboarding fan enhances the fun considerably, but either way it's a great franchise. Don't bother with Tony Hawk
Old 08-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
I've only played skate. and Skate 3, so I can't really choose. I voted for 3 anyway because it had a lot of variety and was generally much more fun than the first game. The first game was also pretty damn difficult at some stages. Still never finished it :/

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #12
Morbido

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvkasm2x View Post
Ive no interest in skateboarding but thought all three games were very good.

2 being my favourite.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #13
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I enjoyed Skate 3 out of the series. It was the first Skate game that I picked up and had me hooked on it for days. Even though I felt that this game was easier than the others, it still had me occupied for a couple of weeks.

Xbox One: FIFA 15, NFS : Rivals & Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Arcade/DLC: N/A

Signature & Avatar Created By Mr Chaotix
PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #14
Rasp

I voted Skate 2. Something about that game just felt right, and I'm with most of you guys saying that it had the right difficulty level.

I don't understand why EA doesn't come out with another one. Skate 3's online community is still pretty active and you'll occasionally see it in the top 20 games on the 360, years after it released. It would sell like crazy
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #15
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
I hope not. I've only played the third (I voted for that) and a tiny part of the second at a friend's house, but they're still great games, even though I find then quite hard. Hopefully a fourth one gets announced soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #16
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I voted Skate 3 since I haven't played the others. But I absolutely loved Skate 3! Hall of meat ftw!
Old 08-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #17
Dinh Master
Banned User

Dinh Master's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter. View Post
I voted Skate 3 since I haven't played the others. But I absolutely loved Skate 3! Hall of meat ftw!
Hall of Meat is so much fun haha
Old 08-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #18
james1758

BasedGod James's Gamercard
Only played skate 3 +2, never one, and loved it
james1758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:58 AM   #19
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
If this is indeed true, then I'm all for the annoying a-hole to continue playing Skate games.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/how-p...charts/0137447

EA should just allow a mode in the next Skate game where bugs/glitches are left and not fixed. That alone will sell a few thousand copies.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:07 AM   #20
DeadZone

Not gonna lie. Bought Skate 2. Can't get into it. Not a fan of the analog-controlled gameplay. Much rather go back to the Tony Hawk button commands. Hell, just give me a modernized remake of Tony Hawks Underground 1 and 2 and I think we would be set on Skating games for the rest of eternity. They were the epitome of perfection and among the last good things Activision did for the industry. Giving me THUG with Ryse-level graphics, achievents and the original soundtracks, but doubled in size and I'd be happy to terminate my 6-year strike against Activision.

~Currently Playing: Sunset Overdrive, Master Chief Collection~
~Anticipated Games:Super Smash Bros Wii U, Star Fox Wii U, Halo 5: Guardians,[/B] No Man's Sky, Mirror's Edge 2, Star Wars: Battlefront, Space Engineers, Screamride, Phantom Dust~
DeadZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #21
Dinh Master
Banned User

Dinh Master's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadZone View Post
Not gonna lie. Bought Skate 2. Can't get into it. Not a fan of the analog-controlled gameplay. Much rather go back to the Tony Hawk button commands. Hell, just give me a modernized remake of Tony Hawks Underground 1 and 2 and I think we would be set on Skating games for the rest of eternity. They were the epitome of perfection and among the last good things Activision did for the industry. Giving me THUG with Ryse-level graphics, achievents and the original soundtracks, but doubled in size and I'd be happy to terminate my 6-year strike against Activision.
Well, the Tony Hawk games were ridiculously unrealistic. Skate did what the NHL franchise did and made the games much harder, more realistic, and fun and challenging. Don't think I could ever go back to a Tony Hawk game, aside from the N64 ones, for nostalgic reasons
Old 09-04-2014, 04:15 AM   #22
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh Master View Post
Don't think I could ever go back to a Tony Hawk game, aside from the N64 ones, for nostalgic reasons
I have and sometimes play THPS HD on the 360 and it feels weird not using the analog stick.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:31 AM   #23
DeadZone

Quote:
Well, the Tony Hawk games were ridiculously unrealistic. Skate did what the NHL franchise did and made the games much harder, more realistic, and fun and challenging. Don't think I could ever go back to a Tony Hawk game, aside from the N64 ones, for nostalgic reasons
I'm definitely not denying what the Skate series has done for the genre. It filled a niche that Tony Hawk strove to avoid by bringing a sense of realism to a franchise filled with glorified skating eye candy. It kind of ends up being like Racing games at the end of the day. Some people like the hyper-realistic simulators like Forza and Gran Turismo while other people like the Arcadish nature of games like Need for Speed or even the insanity of the Burnout games.

It's just a disappointment that they took the Tony Hawk into uncomfortable territory with that awful Ride and Shred controller, than completely killed the franchise. They could've just eased it back to a new entry every few years instead of annually and actually take the time to introduce new elements like THUG did, but that's apparently not how Activision works...

~Currently Playing: Sunset Overdrive, Master Chief Collection~
~Anticipated Games:Super Smash Bros Wii U, Star Fox Wii U, Halo 5: Guardians,[/B] No Man's Sky, Mirror's Edge 2, Star Wars: Battlefront, Space Engineers, Screamride, Phantom Dust~
DeadZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #24
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Ah, there can only be ONE game right? I love gamers who hate games. And variety.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-04-2014 at 09:06 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #25
Pumm3l W33d

Pumm3l W33d's Gamercard
All the Skate games rule. The 1st is the best. It has the most realistic graphics and you can do the longest powerslides. Then Skate 2, (really good also) and lastly Skate 3. Really fun, but least fun of the three, it can be kinda glitchy at times.

Last edited by Pumm3l W33d; 11-05-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Pumm3l W33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #26
Bare Bum Cheeks

Bare Bum Cheeks's Gamercard
Skate 2 was the best by far. Skate 3 wasn't very innovative. I would love to see a skate 4. And 5 and 6 and 7
Bare Bum Cheeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #27
Lanc3r64

I loved skate 3 the best, it was the first one i played before getting into 1 and 2, maybe that's why it's my favorite
Lanc3r64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #28
Puzzler

hmmPuzzler's Gamercard
I voted for the first one, absolutely loved that game and it was a breath of fresh air when it first came out. I don't really remember much of the second one and still haven't got round to trying the third.