PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #31
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Also a nice new feature, if you double-tap you can take a picture right away, dunno if that was there before!
I hope this "feature" wont stay, I keep opening my camera now as the crappy phone interface sometimes doesn't open when I press up once so i get annoyed and mash up then the camera opens lol
Old 08-20-2014, 01:06 AM   #32
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just to throw it out there, Violent Duct is viable again. Did it solo this afternoon on hard and got ~$11k! Simeon pays decent now too (It Takes a Thief paid me nearly $15k solo, when before it was just $1.5k).

Hopefully, as Rockstar intended with this, we see other missions actually being played! It gets REALLY annoying constantly getting Rooftop Rumble invites from randoms (who can't go 30 seconds before dying in any other mission).
jswartz0181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:36 AM   #33
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
im still waiting for people to realise RTR sucks now, it's still the only thing I seem to get via quick job :3

maybe in a few days there will be more variety
Old 08-20-2014, 02:09 AM   #34
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I really hate these Flight Challenges. Easy Money but annoying.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:10 AM   #35
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Just to throw it out there, Violent Duct is viable again. Did it solo this afternoon on hard and got ~$11k! Simeon pays decent now too (It Takes a Thief paid me nearly $15k solo, when before it was just $1.5k).

Hopefully, as Rockstar intended with this, we see other missions actually being played! It gets REALLY annoying constantly getting Rooftop Rumble invites from randoms (who can't go 30 seconds before dying in any other mission).
It's really nice to see missions that used to pay $750, pay up to $8K or more.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #36
Ashleyc

Ashley6200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
im still waiting for people to realise RTR sucks now, it's still the only thing I seem to get via quick job :3

maybe in a few days there will be more variety
Yeah, I found exactly the same thing so didn't stay on for very long. I'll wait until the weekend and see then.

Great to hear that Simeon missions have finally become viable! This update has done exactly what a lot of people were asking for - making missions actually worthwhile outside of the select few.
Ashleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #37
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Okay, after playing solo for a while, I've noticed that, although it's not suppose to happen, the first time you play a mission (post-1.16) you get more cash than subsequent play thrus, although not to the degree of before. For example, how I said VD gave me $11k, solo on hard my first time, but tonight my second and third time playing solo on hard paid the same amount, $9,450.

As daunting as my first set of cheat-sheets were to create, this set is going to take even longer! Before I only needed to do missions twice after having done them previously (once for the normal values and the other for hard). This time, depending on the mission, I'm looking at five times on hard (that first post-1.16 run, solo, with one other person, with two, and with three)!

I'm also assuming 4-player groups is the cap for the bonuses, as there aren't all that many missions that allow for more to make 5-/6-/7-/8-player bonuses viable.

EDIT: Oh, and the fail payouts are so much better now too! I attempted Judging the Jury solo and kept having issues with one of the last four, and ended up failing the mission twice, but both times got just shy of $7k/2k RP!

Last edited by jswartz0181; 08-20-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #38
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Also a nice new feature, if you double-tap you can take a picture right away, dunno if that was there before!
Quote:
I hope this "feature" wont stay, I keep opening my camera now as the crappy phone interface sometimes doesn't open when I press up once so i get annoyed and mash up then the camera opens lol
I hate this new feature and completely agree with Sm0keytrip0d.

In around 15 minutes of Free Roam I accidentally opened up my Camera 4 times!

I'm disappointed in the new Cars in this Update, it's been a few months since a new Supercar was made available to purchase.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #39
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post

I'm disappointed in the new Cars in this Update, it's been a few months since a new Supercar was made available to purchase.
I open my camera practically eveytime I try to use the phone (damn phone lags and dun open)

and honestly Im ok with the new car, always nice to see another classic sports car added imo...its just the price im not that keen on since I don't think its worth nearly 665-695k...you could easily save more and get a Zentorno or get a Turismo and mod it a bit, however if it was 450-500k-ish I may have tried to find room for one as I do kinda like it...maybe make it 1 car and a convertable not 2 models though as I prefer a convertable and not a roof or no roof car ....may get 1 if we get a 3rd garage though just for the hell of it though
Old 08-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #40
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Hate the camera thing as well

New glitch that happens to me. Whenever I quick join a mission, race, deathmatch etc I always get stuck in the clouds on the same advertisement screen. I know I'm in the mission lobby as I can hear the beeps and clicks of the menu. Dashboarded twice in a row and in the middle of loading it for the third time
LeEk MuNcHeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #41
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Has anyone done a tally of the Flight School Challenges payouts? I'm just curious as to the payout for replays of those challenges. I got $25k for getting Gold on one of the first ones. I'm curious what the 2nd time payout is. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to experiment with the DLC much last night.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #42
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
Has anyone done a tally of the Flight School Challenges payouts? I'm just curious as to the payout for replays of those challenges. I got $25k for getting Gold on one of the first ones. I'm curious what the 2nd time payout is. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to experiment with the DLC much last night.
I had around 20k for the first one on gold. Repeated and got gold again and only had 900
Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #43
Ashleyc

Ashley6200's Gamercard
Details of the upcoming weekend

Old 08-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #44
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
soo....is this part of the new update? for some reason this random NPC is running around my garage and has been doing so for about 30mins now lol

I even got a selfie with him (:

edit: for the record I was in a solo session so it's not me seeing another player or anything in my garage

Last edited by Sm0keytrip0d; 08-20-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Sm0keytrip0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #45
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
Well I dunno what you guys been pushing at hahaha. I never had any problems with that at all. Ya'll might need a new controler or join a session with reduced lag. Pretty sure R* will take care of this since ya'll not the only ones that complain.

@Ashleyc: A weekend to look forward to.

Quote:
soo....is this part of the new update? for some reason this random NPC is running around my garage and has been doing so for about 30mins now lol

I even got a selfie with him (:

edit: for the record I was in a solo session so it's not me seeing another player or anything in my garage
LMAO he looks like Jamie Foxx in Collateral (2004):

Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #46
jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Okay, am I the only one not getting points on the landing in the new parachute jump Taking the Plunge (solo anyway.... haven't tried it with others yet)? As I come in for a landing I'm consistently at 180 points (perfect), and after making a perfect landing, I'm still at 180!

On a side note, I'm loving the whole detaching from the parachute in that and Holding Pattern! Hopefully there are more future jumps that feature it!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #47
Ashleyc

Ashley6200's Gamercard
I'm not totally sure if it's always been that way, but I noticed when doing the flight school parachuting lesson you actually have to land early so that you stagger into the centre. If you're doing that already then I don't know.
I have to say, some of the payouts on the flight school missions are huge. Getting a gold on the flag collection got me over $30,000.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #48
jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyc View Post
I'm not totally sure if it's always been that way, but I noticed when doing the flight school parachuting lesson you actually have to land early so that you stagger into the centre. If you're doing that already then I don't know.
No, that's just in the flight school where distance from center factors into your rating. The other jumps are working normally, where as long as you hit the center of the target at some point (touching down, stopping, or at any point in between), you get 15 points -- only this one isn't. This one, it's as if the LZ isn't registering as a checkpoint at all for me.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #49
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEk MuNcHeR View Post
I had around 20k for the first one on gold. Repeated and got gold again and only had 900
Damn. I was hoping to spam those for cash. Guess Rockstar was ahead of me on that.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:09 AM   #50
Ashleyc

Ashley6200's Gamercard
I figure the flight school works on a bonus system - the first time you gain a medal in a lesson you get a money reward, one for gold, silver and bronze. That'd be why the payout for a first-try gold is so high - you're getting all three bonuses in one. Then, if you replay, you already have the medal so no bonus - you just get the baseline amount.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #51
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyc View Post
I figure the flight school works on a bonus system - the first time you gain a medal in a lesson you get a money reward, one for gold, silver and bronze. That'd be why the payout for a first-try gold is so high - you're getting all three bonuses in one. Then, if you replay, you already have the medal so no bonus - you just get the baseline amount.
About that right man. First on most lessons gives me +$18.000 and after that only +$11.000. Best so far was:

San Andreas Flight School - Shooting Range
(Buzzard), straight GOLD on first attempt got me a fine $37.500 with a score of 32. Now that is something!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #52
LeEk MuNcHeR

LeEk MuNcHeR's Gamercard
Quote:
About that right man. First on most lessons gives me +$18.000 and after that only +$11.000. Best so far was:

San Andreas Flight School - Shooting Range
(Buzzard), straight GOLD on first attempt got me a fine $37.500 with a score of 32. Now that is something!
Wow that's pretty good. I only had 17. I sucked at it haha
Old 08-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #53
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEk MuNcHeR View Post
Wow that's pretty good. I only had 17. I sucked at it haha
Well I sucked at all the jet flights though, the one I really had trouble with was GROUND LEVEL, managed to get GOLD with 0.87m average height...after a thousand attempts.

Edit: Got another 1st time GOLD worth $37.500 on the final flight school FOLLOW LEADER with 02:22:031. Seems like that's the highest payout you can get.

Edit #2: I just unlocked a ELITAS T-SHIRT, probably for finishing all of them.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 08-21-2014 at 10:00 AM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #54
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
suppose I best do the flight school since everyone else is ...eventhough im a terrible pilot (still maxed my flying out though lol)

also anyone tried it with their 2nd character? like get a gold and get the 37k payout or is it still the base payment?

was just thinking if each character could get gold and the full payouts thats alot more easy-ish cash
Old 08-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #55
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
suppose I best do the flight school since everyone else is ...eventhough im a terrible pilot (still maxed my flying out though lol)

also anyone tried it with their 2nd character? like get a gold and get the 37k payout or is it still the base payment?

was just thinking if each character could get gold and the full payouts thats alot more easy-ish cash
I switched to my 2nd character to see if the stats goes cross all of them (you can check your progress under UNLOCKS) but they ain't so I'm pretty sure you can get another $37.500.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #56
Viperspike

Viperspike's Gamercard
Quote:

You can get the full payout with both characters.
Viperspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:42 AM   #57
jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Just a quick heads up.... all the cars in my second property ended up losing their personal plates with the update. So you guys may want to check your cars.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #58
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Just a quick heads up.... all the cars in my second property ended up losing their personal plates with the update. So you guys may want to check your cars.
I already sent it to R* (some say they're aware of that):

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...-every-reboot-

(some other dude):

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...nt-join-lobbys
Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #59
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
while your at it incase you didn't know, don't bother rebuying the plates for them cars as they just vanish whenever you swap lobbies or go offline and come back
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #60
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
while your at it incase you didn't know, don't bother rebuying the plates for them cars as they just vanish whenever you swap lobbies or go offline and come back
Yeah man I did it twice.