PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
FoxRacing1234

FoxRacing1234's Gamercard
KR: AI vs. Rock Band

I have to say that after playing KR: AI I realized how good I am at Rock Band. I heard that it's easier than Rock Band but I have to disagree. the line to follow in Rock Band I think is more spread out so you know how to change your voice, I think the opposite of KR: AI.

Does anybody agree with me on this? I'm going back from KR to Rock Band and beating all the scores that I had on Expert. For some reason I've had a problem on some songs on easy on KR:AI

Comments?

Retail (100%): Madden NFL 06, Madden NFL 08, Madden NFL 09, NCAA Football 08, CSI: Hard Evidence, DiRT 2, Assassin's Creed 2
Arcade (100%): Uno, Buku Sudoku, Dash of Destruction, Word Puzzle, Zombie Apocalypse, Harm's Way
FoxRacing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
MapleMire

Send a message via AIM to MapleMire

MapleMire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Rock Band. A lot tougher and you actually have to tone your voice really good.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
FoxRacing1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMire View Post
Rock Band. A lot tougher and you actually have to tone your voice really good.
This is just coming from personal experience. I didn't have any problem at all finishing Expert on Rock Band for Vocals. I just think that the lines (i don't remember what they called) that have to be followed are more difficult.

Retail (100%): Madden NFL 06, Madden NFL 08, Madden NFL 09, NCAA Football 08, CSI: Hard Evidence, DiRT 2, Assassin's Creed 2
Arcade (100%): Uno, Buku Sudoku, Dash of Destruction, Word Puzzle, Zombie Apocalypse, Harm's Way
Old 03-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
zlionsfan
Subscribing Member

zlionsfan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Second Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think KR: AI might seem to be more difficult because there's a wider variety of music, so you're more likely to see songs you've not heard before or songs that are particularly challenging vocally, and because there are achievements for perfect songs (whereas Rock Band only requires you to get 1 perfect on Expert).

I've posted before that I think KR: AI gives you more leeway, that you don't need to hit as much of the phrase on Expert to keep your full combo going as you do in Rock Band, but that's just a feeling: I don't have evidence to support it.

The mic thing definitely makes it harder, though. I can sing in RB with the mic a good distance from my mouth, or hold it closer and sing more quietly. Can't really do that in KR: AI.

waiting for Skyrim

zlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #5
Danillo llic

Danillo llic's Gamercard
I like Rock Band a whole lot better

Waiting for: Modern Warfare 2, Dead Rising 2
Sig created by Godge
Danillo llic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 AM   #6
FoxRacing1234

Yeah I agree that the difficulty may be different on KR: AI because of the different genres. I hate that sometimes I'll be matching the pitch that's on the song and it's not even registering and it screws up the song being perfect. The mic problem really bothers me when I'm used to Rock Band. Honestly if I never played rock band on vocals I probably wouldn't have a problem on this game. I mean it's sad that I miss a phrase on easy with KR when I can get most songs on rock band almost perfect if not perfect on expert with rock band. I guess I'm just frustrated and I don't even know if I want to get more achievements for it. I hate that I'm having problem getting perfect on EASY! ugh.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I feel like KR is more forgiving in that you can miss more of a line and still get a Great, as opposed to Rock Band where you just miss a little and you get knocked down to strong.
I like Rock Band more... just cause it's Rock Band and I'm obessed.
I was a fan of Karaoke Revolution Party though, and I actually think the American Idol twist is kind of cute.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:59 AM   #8
Taintsaw

I think Rockband is better only because it seems to not move so quickly and sometimes can be a bit blurry in AI. Its still fun though.
Taintsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
KEVDOG33

KEVDOG33's Gamercard
The main difference for me is that in KR i need to go into falcetto a lot, which i don't mind because it is easier on my voice. On the other hand I sound like a dork and my friends laugh at me while i get diamond rating. Nonetheless I think they are both good games with through the roof replay values so I'm not going to knock either of them.
KEVDOG33 is offline   Reply With Quote