PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dynasty Warriors 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
jkanownik

Kanownik's Gamercard
WTH? Lu Bu kills me in two hits on Easy?

What the hell is up with this game? Lu Bu keeps killing me in two hits. This is the first level of the game and I'm playing it on easy.

This has got to be the worst game I've ever played as far as ridiculously escalating difficulty combined with a lack of instruction. I can't even tell what is happening because I die before I even know what is going on. Are the developers purposely trying to dissuade people from picking up this game who have never played a DW game before?

If I had my other Gamefly title in hand I'd be sealing this sucker up and sending it right back out immediately. I'll give it a few more tries, but at this point I'd give this game a score of like 1 or 2 out of 10.
jkanownik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #2
G315T

G315T's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, that was a huge mistake on their part. In a few of the people's story modes, Lu Bu appears in the first levels in Hyper mode (that red glow on him). He is idiotically difficult, and I'm sure if you're new to the series you'd just be like "Omgwtf just killed me."

You can avoid killing him in Hu Lao gate. Allow your allies to break down the gate, then attack Dong Zhuo and be sure you kill him before Lu Bu comes to rescue him. Yeah, it's dumb that he's there, but this is a really good beat'em up series so don't count it out just yet.

If you're really having difficulties getting through it, play your desired character in Free Mode on the Yellow Turban Rebellion on Easy. If you level up the character in Free Mode, the updated levels/stats/skills/weapons/horses can be used in Musou mode, even with save games.

Quid quid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Killing with a vehicle mounted gun is nothing, doing it while airborne is impressive, but upside down while airborne? F***, THAT's an achievement!
G315T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
botafogo007

botafogo007's Gamercard
This same fight with Lu Bu pops up in every DW game. I remember being incredibly frustrated with it too in DW3 (the first one I played) until I finally just learned to stay away from him. I think the intention all along has been to demonstrate how mighty Lu Bu was, but I agree they could at least give you a warning before he shows up and wipes out half your force.

BTW, I found out the hard way today that you can't climb over the wall and take out Dong Zhuo while your forces are still messing around trying to break the gate. Lu Bu will spawn and /owned.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
Rashaka1

Rashaka1's Gamercard
Actually they do tell you that, the officer says something along the lines of, "no one can stand against Lu Bu? Then just ignore him." It's kinda subtle but it's there. I actually like the fact that he's super hard to kill, since he's supposed to be the strongest character in the game and once you play as him and see his story, you will understand.

I can understand what you are saying about this game in general though... They changed this game a lot compared to the older versions. This one is a lot more difficult in general than any of the other Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games.

After you play it for a while and realize you need to not bother with most of the target sub quests and just play through and level your character up, then you can complete the target quests in free mode with any character that you want.... There seems to be an achievement for getting all characters to level 50 so you might as well start leveling your characters up now anyway.

Rashaka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
G315T

G315T's Gamercard

It definitely is a lot more difficult. I played through every Musou for Musou Master on Normal. I did as many target quests as possible too, just becuase that's how I enjoyed it. I wasn't blazing through just to get it done as fast as possible. I knew that if I skipped lots of exp in the Musou modes I'd have to get that exp later just grinding it out hehe. Also, I didnt have to go back and do many Targets for Target General... when I had completed "Scenario General", I only had to go into free mode and do like 17 Targets.

Killing with a vehicle mounted gun is nothing, doing it while airborne is impressive, but upside down while airborne? F***, THAT's an achievement!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Cliff Drive

Cliff Drive's Gamercard
being new to Dynasty warriors, the casual "hack and slash can kill anything and everything" theory goes out the window in the early stage Lu Bu fights where they are intentionally made to show his power along with let you know you can't just hack and slash everything. Purpose is to just learn to avoid someone and what not, which just frustrates the people that MUST kill everything.

I knew straight up since he was a target with a 1000 points, that he'd be just like the other games. Hard and not meant to be defeated. But other then that fact, leveling up will eventually get you there to whoop on him.
Cliff Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
themikewoo

Howboutporkchop's Gamercard
I ran into the same scenario and will try to do what is suggested when I get home from work.

themikewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
G315T

G315T's Gamercard

Having played all the other DW games I knew what I was getting into. The first level i played I looked at the targets and I was like, "Ugh.. Kill Lu Bu?" I remember being annoyed that he was in the first level. I even tried to fight him the first time though and I gaped at my TV and I was like, "Wow, what is this clown doing in the first level?" I don't think I fought him and beat him until I had a character to almost 20, and even then I had to cheese-kill him with grabs. If the Hu Lao Gate Lu Bu gets ahold of even a level 30 character on "Normal" difficulty he can one shot you with his grabs, or three shot you with a combo... it's just rude.

What I didnt think of is how this would effect people new to the series, and I would imagine the TC's frustrations are something a lot of new people would feel. If you had no idea you were supposed to avoid Lu Bu... you'd basically want to take the game back out and never play it again.

The silver lining on Lu Bu's early appearance is that he doesn't appear in any really hard levels where you have to fight him. There is a significant increase in difficulty as the map difficulty increases (not just the mode difficulty).

Old 03-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #9
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The thing about the Dynasty Warriors games is Lu Bu is always this way and it's always on the same stage of the game. The games are based on a book about the three major kingdoms in china and it is said that Lu Bu was a total beast during this battle.

First Zhang Fei (or Guan Yu) tried to stand against him as he repelled hundreds of soldiers. He was unable to match him. Then Guan Yu (or Zhang Fei) came to the other's aid. The two were still no match for the mighty Lu Bu. Next Liu Bei came to aid the other two esteemed officers and only then were they able to force Lu Bu to retreat.

Lu Bu is supposed to be unstoppable during this battle and each and every Dynasty Warriors game has made it this way. He is much easier to handle during the battle for Xia Pi castle as historically this is where Lu Bu died. Don't despair though, every game warns you "Do not pursue Lu Bu!!" or some such. This game doesn't scream it out to you like the others but the warning is still there.

If you want to pass the map more easily. Do not defend the rams that are trying to break down Hu Lao gate. Wait for a ladder to get placed and climb up and jump to the other side and defeat Dong Zhuo before Lu Bu arrives or you're asking for trouble. Lu Bu shouldn't arrive until the allied break down Hu Lao gate with the rams, so just don't help them speed up that process at all. Come back to this stage as a level 30 character and wipe the floor with him if it'll make you feel better.

Last edited by o0EVIL0o x360a; 03-01-2008 at 08:03 PM.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #10
RupturedRapture

RupturedRapture's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Yeah Lu Bu is an absolute beast, but thats how he is supposed to be. I can definetely see how this could throw people off seeing how most other maps can be completed by just beating the hell out of everything. Sill i say, just stick with it, i personally love the game.
RupturedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Oh, and one more thing. Almost every major officer had a historically amazing battle. You'll want to avoid those officers during those maps as they're not going to be easy to take down. Here are a few to beware of.

Zhang Liao at the battle of He Fei was said to have repelled 10,000 men with his 800 cavalry during this battle and came extremely close to completely wiping out Wu with an ambush on Sun Quan. Do not fight him here unless you want an extreme challenge.

Zhang Fei at the battle of Chang Ban supposedly held a bridge while Liu Bei escaped from Cao Cao's forces. He defeated hundreds of soldiers by himself before he was forced to retreat and meet up with Liu Bei to escape on this ships.

Zhao Yun was said to have carried Liu Bei's child while fighting atop his horse as he rushed to Liu Bei's side during the same battle for Chang Ban. He won't be easy to tackle here.

Pang Tong was supposed to have died during the battle where Liu Bei attacks Zhang (something) as he was riding Liu Bei's hex mark horse. The soldiers thought he was Liu Bei and assassinated him. He'll be tough to keep alive during this stage.

Gan Ning was also at the battle of He Fei and he brought his pirate soldiers to aid Wu. I don't know historically why but he's really tough on this stage as well.

They removed a bunch of stages where characters were super powered like Dian Wei's castle stage where he decimated forces who were trying to assassinate his Lord Cao Cao in a sneak attack. (he was Cao Cao's personal bodyguard) Guan Yu also had a stage where he was leaving Cao Cao's army to meet back up with Liu Bei and one of his officers decided it would be best to not let Guan Yu leave Cao's service and become a potential enemy. Cao Cao was furious with his officer for taking it upon himself to attack Guan Yu as he was granted permission to leave. In other games Guan Yu was extremely tough because historically he defeated countless officers at certain checkpoints as he made his escape from the renegade officer.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #12
botafogo007

botafogo007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGA o0EVIL0o View Post

If you want to pass the map more easily. Do not defend the rams that are trying to break down Hu Lao gate. Wait for a ladder to get placed and climb up and jump to the other side and defeat Dong Zhuo before Lu Bu arrives or you're asking for trouble. Lu Bu shouldn't arrive until the allied break down Hu Lao gate with the rams, so just don't help them speed up that process at all. Come back to this stage as a level 30 character and wipe the floor with him if it'll make you feel better.
Nope. I tried that--he just spawns inside with Dong Zhuo instead, and it's impossible to survive cause he'll chase you all over
Old 03-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #13
G315T

G315T's Gamercard

Yeah, if you want to avoid Lu Bu on this map... you should:

1. Get to the gate.
2. Climb a ladder and kill the balistas.
3. Take over the Outpost that's northeast of the gate.
4. Go behind the wall and kill all the officers outside Dong Zhuo's main base/room.
5. When your allies break the gate, Lu Bu spawns out at the gate.

If you break down Dong Zhuo's door, he does his "Lu Bu, why are you fooling around...?" speech... and Lu Bu appears at the entrance to Dong Zhuo's room which is definitely what you don't want.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:24 AM   #14
Cliff Drive

Cliff Drive's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by G315T View Post

If you break down Dong Zhuo's door, he does his "Lu Bu, why are you fooling around...?" speech... and Lu Bu appears at the entrance to Dong Zhuo's room which is definitely what you don't want.
I unfortunately did that.... HOWEVER. Lu Bu is still beatable on Easy with a level 1 player. In fact, I had a few slivers left of his life to go. How'd it happen? I was playing through musou mode with Xiahou Dun and once he appeared, I ran to help out my men break down the gates. After that, all my generals swarmed the don zhou room leaving Lu Bu to start fighting off his horse. I swooped in with my own horse, jumped off it and onto the Red Hare and just ran around taking cheap shots at Lu Bu until i made a wrong turn and got stuck at one of my own guys only to have Lu Bu knock me off his horse in 1 swoop killing me....sigh. But it's possible to kill Lu Bu easily with a lvl 1 player with no leveling up
Old 03-02-2008, 03:57 AM   #15
Tricka21

Tricka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Gold
As far as i remember since the PS1 beat em up game Lu Bu has always been overpowered & it's carried on since then, it's just how his character was portrayed in history alongside other genrals like Zhang Fei, Guan Yu etc you'll no when you face them in the game because you'll be like wtf.
Tricka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #16
G315T

G315T's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Drive View Post
I unfortunately did that.... HOWEVER. Lu Bu is still beatable on Easy with a level 1 player. In fact, I had a few slivers left of his life to go. How'd it happen? I was playing through musou mode with Xiahou Dun and once he appeared, I ran to help out my men break down the gates. After that, all my generals swarmed the don zhou room leaving Lu Bu to start fighting off his horse. I swooped in with my own horse, jumped off it and onto the Red Hare and just ran around taking cheap shots at Lu Bu until i made a wrong turn and got stuck at one of my own guys only to have Lu Bu knock me off his horse in 1 swoop killing me....sigh. But it's possible to kill Lu Bu easily with a lvl 1 player with no leveling up

Well yes, it's definitely possible.. is it fun or time efficient? Not really.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:46 AM   #17
Cliff Drive

Cliff Drive's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by G315T View Post
Well yes, it's definitely possible.. is it fun or time efficient? Not really.
Fun in a sense it gave that shocking amazement that my level 1 guy almost finished him off, but time efficient...not even close. I'll make sure to get that target when I can build a brickhouse character and dominate him
Old 03-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #18
StumpyFlesh

CitizenErased18's Gamercard
Lu Bu has always been impossible on Hu Lao Gate, even on easy. He's just a ridiculous character in the story mode. You have to sprint past him and hope he doesn't chase you.

AC-130U- "You can run, but you'll only die tired."
StumpyFlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #19
widdler

Sir Wookie's Gamercard
I used to love the dynasty warriors on the ps2. Whenever Lu Bu turned up it would be like.... 'GET HIM!!!'
Glad to see his reputation is still as it should be.
widdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #20
GRIMFISTED

PUHC FERENCZY's Gamercard
I Batterd Lu BU with Zhao yun on my first go dont know how but i did on normal
GRIMFISTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #21
Resolutionnine

I think your all wrong, the only thing you have to do to get rid of Lu is to knock him off Red Hare, steal the horse while he is bouncing around irratated he'll chase you for thirty seconds then he'll get bored and take on Yuan Shao, but you should have more than enough time to get the rest of the targets done, and finish the level. just make sure you keep Red Hare near by and he wont bother anyone really. Oh and Grimfisted given the fact that Lu Bu will kill anyone in two hits on almost any difficulty on the first time round, i find what you state highly unlikely
Resolutionnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #22
G315T

G315T's Gamercard

It's actually quite possible to kill Lu Bu with a low level character it just takes a long long time and a lot of luck. I killed Lu Bu on Normal with a level 6 or so Zhou Yu by spamming him with my LB+Y grab. Took like 20 minutes.

You can't really "keep Red Hare by you". If you get off a horse you stole from another general it runs back to the owner.

On Hu Lao Gate you should have the first target done before you even see the gate. The second target is easy as long as you go kill the ballistas on one side as fast as possible.

After you kill the ballistas you should play around inside the wall killing the generals that come out of Dong Zhuo's room until your allies break down the gate, and when they do that, Lu Bu appears and you kill DZ. Most of the time you shouldn't even have to SEE Lu Bu in that level, let alone fight him.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #23
GRIMFISTED

I have now Done him with Zhao yun level 2 after jumping over the wall (stupidly) and Zhang fei at level 3 it took me a while to it with zhang fei though abut 10 mins and they were both done on normal
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #24
GRIMFISTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolutionnine View Post
Oh and Grimfisted given the fact that Lu Bu will kill anyone in two hits on almost any difficulty on the first time round, i find what you state highly unlikely
You can think that all you want i know what i did and im proud
Old 03-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #25
donkeydood15

DonkeyDood15's Gamercard
I tried to take on Lu Bu on my first ever level, which was Hu Lao gate or whatever its called, in Zhou Yun's musou. I got him down to about half hp but he got a combo on me and as soon as he did, I was guaranteed to die.

Just tried it with Guan Yu as well at about level 6-8 cant remember, and i did worse lol.

100% Retail: Halo 3, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Call Of Duty 4, Lego Harry Potter, Batman: Arkham Asylum
100% Arcade: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Castlevania: HoD

donkeydood15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:33 AM   #26
BearsAirz

BearsAirz's Gamercard
Yah, Ive had plenty of bad experiences with Lu Bu ever since DW3. Every game he is a COMPLETE BEAST. So for all of you ppl new to the series you should deff. stay away from him until you 1) know how to play, 2) know that hes prolly gonna whoop your but, 3) have a decently lvl character, 4) can do cheap moves to beat him.

Serious Retail 1000s: COD 4:MW, The Simpsons Game, Blue Dragon, Viva Pinata, Dead Rising, Assassins Creed, AC 2, Halo ODST, Dante's Inferno, Halo: Reach, Dead Rising 2

1000+: Oblivion (1250/1250), Halo 3 (1750/1750),
Fable 2 (1350/1350), GoW2 (1700/1750), L4D (1040/1250), BFBC2 (1060/1060) Borderlands (1360/1500), ME2, DA:O, Fallout 3 (1550/1550)

Crap 1000s: Avatar, Bionicle Heroes, TMNT,
Jericho, FNR3

200s: Aegis Wing, Dash of Destruction, BF 1943, N+, DR2:C0

BearsAirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #27
donkeydood15

DonkeyDood15's Gamercard
lol I was playing as level 50 Lu Bu trying to get the targets done, I did Hu Lao Gate and Lu Bu appeared. I needed to kill him to get the target.

When I did (which was so easy) it said Lu Bu: How could I be beaten by someone like you?

lol it was yourself who beat ya, nub! lol

100% Retail: Halo 3, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Call Of Duty 4, Lego Harry Potter, Batman: Arkham Asylum
100% Arcade: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Castlevania: HoD

donkeydood15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #28
S1ck x VaLoR

Satans ChiId's Gamercard
Yup, build up your character first then face him
S1ck x VaLoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #29
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
I've been playing DW since DW3, and I love this game, so like many, I knew what to expect when Lu Bu came onto the field, but, I saved my game and gave it a try, suffice to say that I got worked, I think I took him to like 1/2 life, using a lucky juggle and some of the old LB+Y cheapness...then I had to rub my nose and I died with the quickness...however, I did go back and proceed to kill him with almost every character whose Musuo I beat, just for shit-n-giggles. But, that was an unlucky thing to have that battle be first and not know about Lu Bu's idiotically strong-ness. I'm just about to unluck that bastard and I think from what I've read that I will be dissappointed, oh well, at least they also ruined Xiahuo Dun for me too...

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #30
paul_6666

paul_6666's Gamercard
Lu Bu is easy enough to kill with any character on any lvl if you just run him over with a horse (depending on the horse it takes like 8-12 hits).
Ofcourse this sounds like a bit of a cheap way to kill him but when your just looking for some easy xp on the this level its worth it as the target for killing him carrys with it 1k xp + then you can brag about killing Lu Bu with a low lvl character.
This is what i did at first untill i was actually a high enough lvl to kill him.
paul_6666 is offline   Reply With Quote