PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2008, 03:04 AM   #1
KINGxSAINT
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to KINGxSAINT

KINGxSAINT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Horrible

I got it from gamefly today and it is absolutely dreadful. Ok I have played horrible games like hour of victory which most people hate and enjoyed them, but this game is so bad. I only scored 75 gamerscore and do not even want anymore, I just mailed it in the mailbox at 10 at night that is how much I hated it. Graphics are gay, tanks are big boxes with a gun, nazis do not die, blimps as helicopters, weapons suck.... Get my point?
KINGxSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:48 AM   #2
killthemall4444

killthemall4444's Gamercard
It's undoubtedly one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
killthemall4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:52 AM   #3
Turlis12

Send a message via AIM to Turlis12

Bcat8907's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
As much as i hoped and prayed things would change, it didnt. I dont mind playing it, but the shooting mechanic is prolly the worst in any game! Quite sad the potential this game had

It also leads me to wonder how Legendary will be after this game?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
mlodoss

Send a message via AIM to mlodoss Send a message via MSN to mlodoss Send a message via Yahoo to mlodoss

mlodoss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGxSAINT View Post
I got it from gamefly today and it is absolutely dreadful. Ok I have played horrible games like hour of victory which most people hate and enjoyed them, but this game is so bad. I only scored 75 gamerscore and do not even want anymore, I just mailed it in the mailbox at 10 at night that is how much I hated it. Graphics are gay, tanks are big boxes with a gun, nazis do not die, blimps as helicopters, weapons suck.... Get my point?

"Graphics are gay"

Explain, because I just got done playing the demo (finally) and they seemed great, better than the cartoonish graphics you'd see on a Nintendo Wii.

"Tanks are big boxes with a gun"

From screenshots I have seen, the German tank looks much more realistic than the tank in Medal of Honor and COD 2.

"Nazis do not die"

Are you aiming for the head? Playing the demo, I was able to kill most with one shot.

"Blimps as Helicopters"

The germans didn't have helicopters in that time period. (1953)

"Weapons suck"

Like I said, the game is based in 1953, so most of the weapons are still close to the weapons in WW2. Do you expect them to add weapons that weren't available in that time period?
mlodoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
vhayste

Send a message via MSN to vhayste

paul vhayste's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I'd still give this a try. I have watched the trailers and gameplay videos, and they are quite fine. All I need to discover now is the controls and gameplay mechanics.

http://vhayste.blogspot.com
Ah... Firefox and Adblock. Great combination.
vhayste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
killthemall4444

killthemall4444's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlodoss View Post

"Explain, because I just got done playing the demo (finally) and they seemed great, better than the cartoonish graphics you'd see on a Nintendo Wii."

It would be quite a feat for a 360 game to be as ugly as any Wii game. In comparison to othe 360 games it looks like absolute shit. Horrible PS2 quality textures and cartoony looking nazis. And the animation is out of this world awful but it's quite hilarious at the same time. I won't even mention how awful the game runs. It seems to stutter anytime more then two enemies come on screen. And explosions...man I thought the game had crashed everytime a grenade went off.

From screenshots I have seen, the German tank looks much more realistic than the tank in Medal of Honor and COD 2.
Ok now you're just making things up. First of all genius the tank you encounter in Turning Point is an imaginary one. Just like some of the " upgraded" german weapons in the game. It does look like a giant square metal box. I don't know what screenshots you're looking at but I for one have played through the whole game and I know for a fact you encounter a couple oversized retarded looking tanks.

Are you aiming for the head? Playing the demo, I was able to kill most with one shot.
The hit detection in this game is awful. I aim for the head shoot sometimes it registers and and most of the time nada. When you hit an enemies midsection they don't even react to it. Luckily the enemies stand still most of the time so you'll have plenty of time to unload bullets into them. The controls are awful and make it very difficult to even get your crosshairs on the enemy in the first place.

Yeah...they had giant fucking blimps of war! This game never tried to aim for realism in the first place though.

Like I said, the game is based in 1953, so most of the weapons are still close to the weapons in WW2. Do you expect them to add weapons that weren't available in that time period?
The weapons all suck thanks to the horrid hit detection and the shit controls. Also finding ammo can be quite a pain in the ass.
Maybe you should try playing the whole game itself but if you actually found the demo to be enjoyable then all hope is lost anyway.
killthemall4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
CORPSE CRISIS

Location: Calgary,Alberta in the free country CANADA were else??
Send a message via MSN to CORPSE CRISIS

Red Leaf Beast's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
thanks for the heads up now i no not to even play this game,well maybe for gamerscore tho lol
Old 03-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Anyone that says the demo was great is crazy. the Developers said that it was terrible- and they should be selling the game!!

From the demmo, this looks like the worse use of the UT3 engine I have ever seen. I had hoped that this would have changed, but iits not looking hopeful

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
Vista

Chait the Great's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This game is dreadful. Played the first level, and one MP game and sent it back. I would rather play Fusion Frenzy 2 or TMNT over this crappy game.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #10
Danillo llic

Danillo llic's Gamercard
After i played the demo i knew the game wouldn't be good. Bummer for the developers.

Waiting for: Modern Warfare 2, Dead Rising 2
Sig created by Godge
Danillo llic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:59 AM   #11
CriscoDisco878

Criscodisco878's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Word of Mouth
uhh... i think its good, i havent played it in far too long though, i still cant stop playing guitar hero 3 or army of two or better yet smash bros brawl!!!

Looking to getting back into gaming in March
CriscoDisco878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #12
metalangel

Suicide Perkies's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlodoss View Post

"Blimps as Helicopters"

The Germans had helicopters a lot earlier than that. You see one in Where Eagles Dare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke_Achgelis_Fa_223
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flettner_Fl_282

metalangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:45 AM   #13
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
This game is horrible, undoubtedly one of the worst, probably the worst game I've ever played, there's not one good thing about this game. Period.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #14
oO CurrY Oo

oO CurrY Oo's Gamercard
damn and this is the next game on my "to play" list
oO CurrY Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #15
Gatsu

Shin Gatsurai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This game is freaking horrible. It's so bad it's like what the hell? The concept art in the extra section is fantastic, the story idea was good it's just that the game itself sucks so bad.

Getting stuck next to some crates 'cos the a.i stands next to you
Bad checkpoint system
Rubbish hit detection
Random ass damage dystem
Grenades clipping through the floor
Glitchy achievements (namely the 10 headshots one)
etc...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sig' pic' created by - Gackt
Did you find me?
Gatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #16
JunkSkelington

JunkSkelington's Gamercard
why oh why did this have to be one of the steelbook games? Having all the other steelbook games I may break down and buy this but it sounds like the game is just god awful.
JunkSkelington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
Eythan

Send a message via MSN to Eythan

eythan123's Gamercard
god i hate this game so much, ive had it for years and have yet to complete it, its so fucking bad!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #18
bigpappa1383

bigpappa1383's Gamercard
it could have been better but it seems like they came up with a good storyline then decided to stop trying at that point.
bigpappa1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #19
GANZ VII

Anglo Saxon VII's Gamercard
Yes you are all right this game is about as playable as a chocolate guitar on a hot day.
Its even worse than Conflictenied Ops and thats saying something I can tell you!
GANZ VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
TerrorfirmerIE

TerrorFirmerIE's Gamercard
I couldn't believe how bad this game was when I bought it. It's so bad that you just have to sit back and think to yourself 'how was this ever released?'. I can just imagine the wrap party, everyone sitting around sipping halfheartedly from small paper cups in silence, ashamed of themselves. You'd never believe it was running on the UT3 engine, rather it looks like it came out on the Xbox/PS2. It's so clunky and awkward to the point of explosive anger, and the storyline is the lamest I've ever seen in any FPS title since Wolfenstein 3d (and that's some achievement considering the storyline is never really a strong point of even AAA FPS titles). I actually got over 500G in this game and I really don't know why, because about every moment after the first half an hour was excruciating agony.

Probably the the worst 360 FPS I've ever played. Wait, what am I talking about? It's definitely the worst.
TerrorfirmerIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #21
leviathan937

Leviathan937's Gamercard
So you guys down for boosting the 8 player online acheivements then? me and my brother have it and want to get all the online stuff done!! Need 6 more players to do the two 8 player acheives and also just to complete the TDM games, as it seems there is a minimum number of players required to get the game going.
We are in Australia so timing may be a little tricky, but chances are we will be on all hours of the weekend so let me know

My collection?
15x 360 consoles, 240+ retails games
(and counting)
leviathan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #22
Keishmonger

Keishmonger's Gamercard
Is this game worth getting for really cheap? I love the history rewrite idea, but I haven't heard anything good about it...
Keishmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:50 AM   #23
leviathan937

Leviathan937's Gamercard
I'd say not really. Yeah you can pick it up really cheap, but the in game story is non existent. The idea is cool, its why I bought the game, but having to play the game just to find out that there is no story... its just not worth your time. Also boosting the 8 player multi player acheivements is a pain, and getting 2.5k online kills is about 12 hours work per person. I'd probably steer clear of this one unless you either have mates willing to do it too, or you don't care about getting achievements.

My two cents.
Cheers,
Matt

My collection?
15x 360 consoles, 240+ retails games
(and counting)
leviathan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #24
Kovy88

Kovy88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I know it's kinda bad game, but I just somehow like crappy first person shooters. I finished the whole 740/1000 single player gamerscore in 1 session, and I could have played more easily. I guess that shooting something with a gun in a videogame is kinda my thing.

Kovy88 is offline   Reply With Quote