PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #271
lenny m

Easylen's Gamercard
When you are doing the 'Kick them while they're down' achievement, i suggest you either do all 11 unique executions at once while playing or write the execution down so you know which one needs to be completed nd you have the 10G achievement
lenny m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #272
lenny m

Easylen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomba Goomba View Post
Has anyone else had any difficulty getting achievements to save correctly when they are checked off under the achievements list?

Only started just recently, when I tried to check off and save the "Rookie Gear" and "Seasoned Gear" achievements...
I also had this problem but try to select all of the achievements again and save changes. It shud have saved by then
lenny m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #273
Mookaw

Looking for someone to do the campaign on Insane.. preferably from the UK, send me a message and friends request, gamertag = Mookaw
Cheers

Completed games
Avatar TLA, CSI: Hard Evidence, The Simpsons Game, Fifa 06 RTFWC, FIFA Street 3. Battlefield 1943, Dash of Destruction, UNO, Worms, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, Trials HD

Working on
Gears of war 2 (1480/1750)
FIFA 10 (975/1250)
Red Dead Redemption (90/1000)
Mookaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #274
mikexyz!!!

mikexyz!!!'s Gamercard
hi, ppl, i played coop campaign with my bro last week, me on insane and him normal. we skipped training without realising the shit(friends with benefit) wouldn't be unlocked if we did dat. i decided to play training with the same settings after a bit of googling and found out wat went wrong. anyway we still couldn't get the 50G coop achievement for finishing the entire campaign together. i already made a thread for it but it somehow got shut down within 3 days!!! does anyone know wat needs to be done to get the achievement?

any help would be much appreciated!!! thanks

pixels
mikexyz!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:25 AM   #275
C16

So, is there any reason why I have acheivements that aren't on the list on the site here? I have Photojournalist and Skeletons in your closet, which don't show on my list. And I noticed I have an achievement that is worth 30, but shows as 4 here. What's up with that? Do the new maps override anything? I never got around to downloading anything but what I got with the game, gold weapons, Flashback maps, ect.
C16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #276
SjWiLKiN

SjWiLKiN's Gamercard
How do I check which levels I have not done on Insane?

I have a feeling I might have missed a chapter on Insane and the achievement wont unlock....how do I check which chapter I missed??
SjWiLKiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #277
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SjWiLKiN View Post

I have a feeling I might have missed a chapter on Insane and the achievement wont unlock....how do I check which chapter I missed??
just load 1 of your save game files then goto chapters and it shows you the wings and colour/difficulty you've done that chapter on
goto acts to look at different chapters
Old 10-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #278
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SjWiLKiN View Post

Just go to campaign and when it when you are supposed to choose your save slot hit X for select chapter, and all of the ones you completed will show, just replay any that dont have the insane logo on it!
pvt Zleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #279
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
Smile Achievement Glitching

If anyone wants to glitch your level achievements its pretty simple. lets say that you are level 0 with 0 expierence, just to make it simple. you can get all the level achievements, including the level 100, with a simple glitch. first recover an account with a 100 already on it. then go offline, and load up a local game (i always use horde, but im not sure it matters) and make sure you are first player, and that the 100 account is second player. a few seconds after you spawn the achievements should unlock. i have also had some coincedences where if your account doesnt have DLC achievements some will unlock. EDIT: I dont recall whether you need to be first or second player, but if not just switch them around on the dashboard, rinse and repeat!

I'm just here to Help! message me about any achievements i have and ill gladly help!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #280
Ron Jeremy R6

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvt Zleek View Post
If anyone wants to glitch your level achievements its pretty simple. lets say that you are level 0 with 0 expierence, just to make it simple. you can get all the level achievements, including the level 100, with a simple glitch. first recover an account with a 100 already on it. then go offline, and load up a local game (i always use horde, but im not sure it matters) and make sure you are first player, and that the 100 account is second player. a few seconds after you spawn the achievements should unlock. i have also had some coincedences where if your account doesnt have DLC achievements some will unlock. EDIT: I dont recall whether you need to be first or second player, but if not just switch them around on the dashboard, rinse and repeat!

I'm just here to Help! message me about any achievements i have and ill gladly help!
sorry dude, but we don't appreciate these kind of posts on this site.
Ron Jeremy R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #281
Mastacraker

Mastacraker's Gamercard
Ill be doing now gears of war 2. I haven't played this game so if anybody wants to help me to blast through the campaign. Then i'm helped out with that.

So if you wanna put some time in a Noob at gears of war (because i've never played it before) I'll be hearing from you then through a friend request.

GT= Mastacraker

in return i can help with res5, halo3 and odst.
Mastacraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #282
LethalLiamKenna

Fear The World's Gamercard
Got some questions about the GoW2 Cheevies, if you don't mind helping a guy out?

28. Crossed Swords
Win 10 chainsaw duels (any mode)

Where can I do some duels? The only place I have found so far is when you are fighting the boss(can't remember his name, the guy with the badass chainsaw thingy Do they count towards the total?

32. Said the Spider to the Fly
Kill 10 enemies with a planted grenade (any mode)
Stick them with grenades for the kill or does it only count if you use the 'nades and proximity mines?

46. A Parting Gift
Kill 10 enemies with a grenade while down but not out (any mode)
Is this when you down an opponent and are able to execute them, instead of shooting/executing you toss a grenade their way instead?

29. Pound of Flesh
Use a meatshield to save your life 10 times (any mode)
Do I need to be hit/about to die, then take a meat-shield? Or just pick one up and let people shoot it/them?

30. Organ Grinder
Kill 30 enemies with a cover mounted Mulcher (any mode)
Can I use the portable turrets, like the ones the grinders carry for this achievement?

Thanks in advice guys and gals?
LethalLiamKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:01 AM   #283
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Here....we.....go....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLiamKenna View Post
Crossed Swords
Win 10 chainsaw duels (any mode)

Where can I do some duels? The only place I have found so far is when you are fighting the boss(can't remember his name, the guy with the badass chainsaw thingy Do they count towards the total?
The place where I got the majority of mine was where you are riding Betty and the Locust are trying to scale up her with grappling hooks. Most of them are carrying Lancers. Just charge at them with your chainsaw revved. Alternatively, I assume you could have a friend come at you with their chainsaw revved, initiate a duel, and have them let you win.

Quote:
32. Said the Spider to the Fly
Kill 10 enemies with a planted grenade (any mode)
Stick them with grenades for the kill or does it only count if you use the 'nades and proximity mines?
Planted 'nades as proximity mines.

Quote:
46. A Parting Gift
Kill 10 enemies with a grenade while down but not out (any mode)
Is this when you down an opponent and are able to execute them, instead of shooting/executing you toss a grenade their way instead?
Nope. This is when you yourself are downed and pull the pin on a grenade, killing yourself and any enemy around you.

Quote:
29. Pound of Flesh
Use a meatshield to save your life 10 times (any mode)
Do I need to be hit/about to die, then take a meat-shield? Or just pick one up and let people shoot it/them?
Take a meatshield and have a one-shot kill take them out. A good place to do this is on Fuel Station. Take a meatshield and walk up to the gas tanks or the exploding fuel trucks. Shoot until they explode and destroy your meatshield.

Quote:
30. Organ Grinder
Kill 30 enemies with a cover mounted Mulcher (any mode)
Can I use the portable turrets, like the ones the grinders carry for this achievement?
Yes, those are what you need. Pick up a Mulcher, either from a Grinder or from the map, mount it on cover, and shoot away!

Quote:
Thanks in advice guys and gals?
No problem. If you have any other questions or if anything I said was unclear, don't hesitate to ask!

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #284
LethalLiamKenna

Fear The World's Gamercard
Wow! Thanks, Saiyu. Will have to try some of these soon Never knew that you could blow yourself up when your down. The Organ Grinder achievement; I was walking around with a Mulchar and started shooting, I didn't know you had to be in cover LOL, thought the cheevie had glictched up on me
LethalLiamKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:16 AM   #285
Burning Karma

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention about pulling the pin on grenade when you are downed: The grenade must be your current weapon. As in, you can't be downed with a shotgun out and then blow yourself up with a frag; the frag must be in your hands when you get downed.

"Died, dies, will die."
Old 10-24-2009, 02:38 AM   #286
Melman214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
A quick way to do it is, if you have the Compustible maps, go to Fuel Station, take a meatshield, stand in front of the cars or fuel tanks, and shoot them till they explode.
Or for those who dont have the Dark Corners DLC, just play a local game of warzone versus 1 bot, down him with 2 pistol melees, switch to frag and tag him then pick him up quickly.
Melman214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #287
Burning Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melman214 View Post
Or for those who dont have the Dark Corners DLC, just play a local game of warzone versus 1 bot, down him with 2 pistol melees, switch to frag and tag him then pick him up quickly.
The Combustible maps aren't in the DC DLC, mate. They are in, go figure, the Combustible map pack or the All Fronts collection.

"Died, dies, will die."
Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #288
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy R6 View Post
sorry dude, but we don't appreciate these kind of posts on this site.
what type of posts? its just a method of unlocking the achievements. gamesaving i believe its called, anyways im not asking to be paid by anyone i just found some kid online who was a level 100, asked for his account (cuz i can reset accounts to a 1) and so he got his level one, and i got the achievements. thats all

Netflix Junkie: Currently watching: Random stuff XD
Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 AM   #289
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
hey anyone know how much XP is needed for level 50? plz and thx

Old 12-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #290
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
Pvt Zleek:
625,387 Xp.
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #291
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3vengeance View Post
Pvt Zleek:
625,387 Xp.
thanks! ugh only 200,000 xp to go

Edit: thanks to 12 days of gearsmas and like 3 straight days of playing, only 20k to go lol i looked on gearsofwar.com and my most played game type is horde :/

Last edited by pvt Zleek; 01-07-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:42 AM   #292
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
lol got the 50! no just to finish up my 100,000 kils

Old 02-22-2010, 03:50 AM   #293
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
This thread has slowed hasnt it? considering im the last like 7 of 8 posts lol.... still got 20,000 kills to go... i hate time consuming achievements soooo much

Old 03-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #294
dutch-rocks

Gabberhansie's Gamercard
whatttt the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk
dutch-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #295
Duke of Shadows

Only two achievements remaining. 100 000 kills and level 100, it takes forever :'( . Any advice?
Duke of Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #296
Alexdelicious

II DiscoBurn II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Shadows View Post
Only two achievements remaining. 100 000 kills and level 100, it takes forever :'( . Any advice?
Well for the 100,000 kills, I think a lot of people recommend farming the part in campaign mode where you're riding the Brumak, just clear the first bit and get the checkpoint, then pause and "restart from checkpoint". Rinse and repeat. This sounds very tedious but I understand you can pop the achievement in a matter of hours.

As for reaching rank 100, it just depends at what games you're best at. Wingman has the best xp ratio, followed by warzone and execution. Guardian has a good ratio of xp too. 1-100 is something like 6.8 million xp, so good luck!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #297
Duke of Shadows

Ok, thanx Alex
Duke of Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #298
vince271121

vince 007's Gamercard
for the friends with benefits achievement. me and my friend did not train carmine so it never popped up we then did the level over again in chapter selection ad no achievemnet what do we have to do to unlock it. we dont feel like playing the whole campaign again.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:31 AM   #299
pvt Zleek

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
YESSSSSSSSSS Game complete!!!! I finally sat down and farmed kills for 2 hours party chat is a godsend! plus i had music on my speakers so i went go through a good chunk of my library

Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #300
blackdragon87

samuraix87's Gamercard
me and my friend are having trouble on insane where you have jack rip open marias cell thing but we can never get past that part any help would be appreciated
blackdragon87 is offline   Reply With Quote