Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #31
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiBaker View Post
What impact does the "alternative-mission-path" have on the game/achievements? You know, were you choose a mission than somebody calls you up to do it differently... I haven't done it that way all the times, so the achievement for "Subvert all missions", isn't gonna happen for me, but does it effect other achievements? Cause it's always easier to just go for the "red" objectiv...
at the end of subverted missions you go to rescue your buddy, often they get hurt and are lieing on the ground wounded by the time you get there (esp at higher difficulties), It makes for an easy ...into the fire or goodnight sweet prince achievement, but I guess you could use your rescue buddy for these two achievements (may be a little difficult)

Other than that though, no, subverting missions only affects the 2 subvert all missions in the north/south achievements.

However, successfully subverting missions upgrades your safehouses (vehicles at all safehouses, Ammo piles, med kits, upgraded weapons on vehicles at safehouses - stuff like that)

Last edited by SpinelesS; 05-29-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: a ( was a ) by mistake so I swapped it to a ( and all Is well with the post.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #32
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Is it at all necessary to do the side missions that the buddies will ask of you at Mike's bar? You don't earn any diamonds from them upon completion, so.... Does anyone know? I've already gotten my 6/12 buddy missions and I'm getting ready to leave the north. Just wanted to make sure. Would hate to collect all diamonds and then find out that that is what screwed me out of getting that achievement even though it's only worth 10GS.

Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #33
Dark Umbra

Dark Umbra93's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingles55 View Post
Is it at all necessary to do the side missions that the buddies will ask of you at Mike's bar? You don't earn any diamonds from them upon completion, so.... Does anyone know? I've already gotten my 6/12 buddy missions and I'm getting ready to leave the north. Just wanted to make sure. Would hate to collect all diamonds and then find out that that is what screwed me out of getting that achievement even though it's only worth 10GS.
Nope. No Achievement. No Diamonds.
Dark Umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #34
xGolden 1

xGolden 1's Gamercard
can you play this game on easy as stilll get the sp achievements. my save got corrupted and dont want to spend time on normal if i dont have to
xGolden 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #35
Xero92

Dark Karbon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGolden 1 View Post
can you play this game on easy as stilll get the sp achievements. my save got corrupted and dont want to spend time on normal if i dont have to
Yes, you can play on easy.
Xero92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #36
Default Enemy

Default Enemy's Gamercard
These achievements suck. Period. I'm thinking of setting goals for myself so the multiplayer achievements don't seem so overwhelming.
Default Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #37
mikeeeeeeeee124
Banned User

mikeeeeeeeee124's Gamercard
does it matter what difficulty you play campaign on? just picked this up, probably gonna give it a go tonight
mikeeeeeeeee124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #38
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That buddy achievement is beyond retarded and the description in the guide doesn't help. I've done every side mission in the game, so how the fuck am I supposed to know where these buddies are?

Looks like I'm gonna have to play through the game again...
Old 05-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #39
KingGoomba19

Hey, New to forums and first time posting...

Just wanted to know whether the achievement would work in this scenario...

1st playthrough, I don't realize that there are region specific achievements and you can't go back, so I am in the South and I realize that I missed many.....I do all the Missions in the south and get the achievements.....If there are some achievements were you have to do things in both regions such as "The Third Faction", if I save all the buddies in the South and then re-start a new campaign, and save them all in the North does the achievements activate?

Thanks!
KingGoomba19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #40
jines1284

jines1284's Gamercard
I am wondering if I could use 3 consoles and 3 copies to to boost all the online achievements. I only get to play about 2 nights a week and really cant schedule someone else's boosting setup. I can also work my network to make only my boxes in a match.
jines1284 is offline   Reply With Quote