PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

So first things first. If you are like me and have no vocal abilities and can't keep a steady tone, you are in luck. There is a nice method to getting perfect scores on American Idol and all you need is duct tape.

My television has speakers on the front, so i taped the mic down facing the speaker. After that, I turned down the music track, effects, and players voice. I also turned up the song vocal volume up all the way.

From there all I had to do was start the songs up and let it go! Now what is odd is that some songs didn't get perfect the first time I tried it, but I immediately started it over & got perfect (?).

The only song this won't work on is the beginning of 'Black Velvet' during the 'mmm' part. It is not difficult, so sing that part, pause it, and tape it back up.

I won't refer to using this method anymore in the guide, so those of you who don't this type of tv can get through it as well. Here we go:

American Idol50 Win the full American Idol tournament at any difficulty level

Like it says, this can be done on any difficulty. I would recommend doing it on easy for 2 reasons. 1. If you are just starting on the game, it will be much more simple. 2. You are going to be doing a LOT of tournaments & singing if you are going for the full 1000 pts. so save it
There are 18 rounds. You don't have to get perfect every round to advance. Also, if you do get voted out, don't worry, you can redo the round.

World Idol
80 Win the full American Idol tournament at Expert difficulty level
The same as 'American Idol' achievement, just on expert difficulty. Remember, you don't have to be perfect every time to advance and if you fail, just redo the round

Golden Ticket
10 Pass the auditions phase in single player
You will get this when going for the 'American Idol' achievement after singing your first song in the full tournament as long as you don't do terrible. Easy achievement.

The Great American Songbook
20 Sing all the songs on the disc once - full song only
There are 40 songs on the disc. Sing each one and you get the achievement. Note that the first 2 rounds of the full American Idol tournament will not count towards this since you only sing a portion of each song. You don't have to get any certain score, just don't get boo'ed off and it yours

American Sensation
30 Win 20 American Idol single player tournaments
There are four different tournament types: mini (4 songs), short (8 songs), medium (12 songs), and full (18 songs). You can choose whatever combination you want, as long as you win. Note that online tournaments do not count towards this achievement

It Sounds Like a Lot20 Score 1 million points (cumulative in any mode)
If you score perfect (or 'Diamond') on a songs, you get 100,000 points. Get perfect on 10 songs in any mode and you'll get the achievement. You can check your score by going to 'Extras' under the Main Menu and clicking on 'Stats' Downloaded songs also count towards your score.

It Didn't Take That Long50 Score 10 million points (cumulative in any mode)
Similar to the previous achievement. If you only sing perfect, this will take 100 songs.

Dedication100 Score 50 million points (cumulative in any mode)
This one is gonna take a while. You're looking at 500 songs if you only sing perfect. Unless you REALLY REALLY like singing, pull this out at a party and have karaoke time. Your drunk friends will enjoy it and they'll also be working towards your achievement

Girl’s Best Friend100 Get a perfect score throughout a full American Idol tournament
This is best done on easy. Just sing it through and if you mess up, restart it. It's not as difficult as it sounds. If you don't know if you've messed up, check your final score. A perfect song will score you 100,000 points every time.

Headbanger10 Compete offline in a battle Head to Head game
This requires two mics. If you have 2 mics, just start up a battle with one mic not being used, sing in the other and viola

Premiership10 Compete offline in an Arcade League game
See 'Headbanger'

Just the Two of Us10 Play an offline Co-op Duet
Requires 2 mics. If you have two, grab a friend and select a duet. Once the song ends, you will get the achievement
robertfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
Grudge Match10 Play an Xbox LIVE Head-to-Head match
Good luck finding someone online to play, but if you do, just compete in any head to head match and you'll get this one. You don't have to win it, just finish it.

World Tour10 Play an Xbox LIVE American Idol Tournament match
Same as 'Head to Head' achievement, excpet an American Idol tourney. You can do this with 2 people and you don't have to win, just finish.

Global Star10 Play an Xbox LIVE Arcade League match
Same as 'Head to Head' achievement, except an Arcade League match. You can do this with 2 people and you don't have to win, just finish.

Ranked Grudge Match Winner15 Win an Xbox LIVE Head-to-Head ranked match
Self explanatory. Just get a higher score than your opponent and you win!

Ranked World Tour Winner15 Win an Xbox LIVE American Idol Tournament ranked match
See 'Ranked Grudge Match Winner'

Ranked Global Star Winner15 Win an Xbox LIVE Arcade League ranked match
See 'Ranked Grudge Match Winner'

Maestro175 Achieve Diamond Status for every song on the disc
This one is a little more difficult. You have to get a perfect score (100,000) on all 40 songs. You can get it in any mode. Black Velvet & Bohemian Rhapsody are probably your toughest songs, but they are do-able.

Megastar10 Achieve Diamond Status for one song
Just score 100,000 on one song and achievement unlocks.

Hero50 Achieve Diamond Status for ten different songs
Same as 'Megastar' except 10 songs

Superstar25 Achieve Diamond Status for five different songs
Same as 'Megastar' except 5 songs

Million Seller50 Achieve Platinum Status for every song on the disc
Platinum is any score above 70,000. Score 70,000 or more on all 40 songs and it's yours

Legend75 Achieve Diamond Status for twenty different songs
Same as 'Megastar' except for 20 songs

Inspiration10 Achieve Gold Status for every song on the disc
Gold is any score 50,000 or more. Sing every song on the disc with this score or above & achievement unlocks. You will probably get this one with 'Million Seller' achievement

The Showman20 Complete a medley and receive Platinum Status
You can select a medley from the 'Quick Play' menu. On the left it will say create medley. Sing it perfectly and you will unlock the achievement.

Why Don't You Marry Him Then15 Achieve "Excellent" comments from Simon three times in a row during an American Idol tournament
As long as you get Platinum on three songs in a row during an American Idol tournament, Simon will say something nice to you and you will get the achievement.

The First of Many5 Achieve Platinum Status for one performance
You will probably get this the first time you play. As long as you score over 70,000 points, you'll get it.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #3
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Girl’s Best Friend100 Get a perfect score throughout a full American Idol tournament
This is best done on easy. Just sing it through and if you mess up, restart it. It's not as difficult as it sounds. If you don't know if you've messed up, check your final score. A perfect song will score you 100,000 points every time.
You can tell if you've messed up. If you haven't messed up yet, it will say Perfect in the bottom left and stay on perfect once you pass 2x, 3x, and 4x multiplier. If you have messed up during the song it will say Max Combo once you build your combo back up.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
MartiniKiss

sailorspoon1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
that tv trick barely works
youre better off just trying to match the pitch by going oooh or w/e noise haha
Old 03-28-2008, 02:43 AM   #5
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
yeah i've heard mixed reviews of the tv trick. for me, it worked perfectly on all but 1 song, but for some people it barely works at all. that's why i mentioned it, but didn't say it's the ONLY way to do it.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Well, the TV trick works almost perfectly for me. I have to adjust the mic in order to get the Diamond status, but it makes the game super easy. I think it all depends on the tv and the speaker location. If you have surround sound you have to turn it off and make it just stereo to make it work.

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
FamousLastX

FamousLastX's Gamercard
For some reason I can't seem to unlock the why don't you marry him then achievement, even though I've been getting at least platinum on like every song so far in my current tournament, and been in the "Great" range when ending the song, and Simon is giving me amazing compliments. Any idea why?
FamousLastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #8
dethklok
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymango View Post
Well, the TV trick works almost perfectly for me. I have to adjust the mic in order to get the Diamond status, but it makes the game super easy. I think it all depends on the tv and the speaker location. If you have surround sound you have to turn it off and make it just stereo to make it work.
i just taped my mic to the speakers on the front of my tv and it works perfect. All i had to do was turn down song music vol., player voice to lessen feedback effects vol and turned up the song vocals and all it well. my friend did it with surround sound it it works better then using mono or stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousLastX View Post
For some reason I can't seem to unlock the why don't you marry him then achievement, even though I've been getting at least platinum on like every song so far in my current tournament, and been in the "Great" range when ending the song, and Simon is giving me amazing compliments. Any idea why?
i got it when i got 3 songs on Diamond status

Last edited by dethklok; 06-22-2008 at 03:31 PM.
dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
tarekegypt

tarekegypt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Member of the Month   Bright Idea
TV Mic Trick Works! Black Velvet Killing me

I Tried the TV- mic trick before reading this guide, and it worked perfectly!
I've diamonded all songs EXCEPT Black Velvet!.
The Umm part at the beginning of the song is very difficult, the Mic-trick always gets (Ok or Good!) if their own singer can't get Perfect how can we
Tried to sing it without hope! Any ideas?
Is there songs with-out music on the net? so i can get Balck Velvet and play it?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #10
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekegypt View Post
I Tried the TV- mic trick before reading this guide, and it worked perfectly!
I've diamonded all songs EXCEPT Black Velvet!.
The Umm part at the beginning of the song is very difficult, the Mic-trick always gets (Ok or Good!) if their own singer can't get Perfect how can we
Tried to sing it without hope! Any ideas?
Is there songs with-out music on the net? so i can get Balck Velvet and play it?
It is SO annoying, but I just kept trying it and trying it and eventually got it. You have to sing the first line (which is the ooh and aah's) and after that let the tv do the singing until the end which is the return of the ooh and aah's. I can't sing AT ALL and eventually got it, but yeah, that song is the devil!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
SH4WN WU

Im having trouble getting a perfect through out the whole tournament can you do this with 4 songs only?
SH4WN WU is offline   Reply With Quote