PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Soltrio Solitaire
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
razzleson
 
razzleson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Enumclaw, Wa
Posts: 3,115

razzleson's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Member of the Month   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Get it Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Nelson
Name: Soltrio Solitaire
Price: 800 Points
Availability: All Xbox Live regions.
Dash Details: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-2, 5.1 Surround Sound, HD (High Definition). The trial version of Soltrio Solitaire is just a taste of what it's like in the full version. Upgrade today to get uniquely shuffled decks and the ability to play on Xbox LIVE. You can also start building your own card decks, collecting pieces as you travel the map in Voyage mode. And when you buy, you can download even more solitaire games with great expansion packs.
Size: 29.9 MB (approx)
Anyone getting this? 800's a little steep for me.
razzleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
highpass
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 3,035

highpass's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Considering Aegis comes out today (for you lot at least) at the whopping price of zilch, it puts this games price into perspective. 800? meh.. 400 would've been spot on.
highpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Buttcheeks
 
Buttcheeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 735

TrX Cheeks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Gears of War Tournament Winners   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was wondering if it is worth the 800pts. I like solitaire and it seems like it has a ton of options but I don't want to spend 800 points if the game sucks. if anyone has downloaded it could they please give thier opinion of its value.
Buttcheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Chi-gti 97
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 259
Send a message via Yahoo to Chi-gti 97

Chi gti 97's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I got it, im sketchy about it though. I have to admit, hardwood games are pretty fun in the long run, so im hoping for the best.
Chi-gti 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
DROGTURIST
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 628

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
I got it and I think it's only fairly good. For once, I'm inclined to agree that 800 was a bit much. (Weren't the old Hardwood games 400? What happened there?)

What bothers me is that it's pretty lazy. They could've gone all out and made this the best solitaire collection ever, but didn't bother. For example, why is there no way to quick-restart a Klondike game? The developers KNOW that Klondike is extremely random and (unless you're some kind of pro) you'll be running into brick walls where you can't continue A LOT. But you have to manually quit to the map/menu, re-select the game via several menus and then finally play a new deal. Might seem like a minor complaint, but if you consider the fact that this game wants you to play at least 1000 games to get all the achievements, that time's going to add up lot of your life wasted on restarting games.

Also, this game seriously could've used some REAL tutorials. It has 30-some games or so, but I'm only really familiar with Klondike and Memory. The rest are mysteries to me, and the in-game descriptions are extremely brief and lazy. I've tried half a dozen games now, and I don't understand 95% of them because the descriptions are so mystifying. The descriptions basically talk to you as if you're already a solitaire pro, using terms most people aren't familiar with and etc. It's just lazy and annoying. Now I'm going to have to see if I can find guides that can tell me how to play these games online, and I really shouldn't have to do that when I've bought a new game.

Maybe I'm dumb with solitaire and card games, but I would've liked something like Catan's "Learn as you play" mode. I know that would've been a lot of work for all of these solitaire games, but then again, they ARE charging double compared to what these guys (Silver Creek, the devs) usually charge...
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
Bas #36
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 128

Bas 36's Gamercard
I was shocked when I saw the 800 points price. I agree with you all 400 would have been more on the spot. Maybe they will find out that it is way to much for a game like this and in the future will make then cheaper. For now Aegis ;-)
Bas #36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
Krazie
 
Krazie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,220
Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
I got it and I think it's only fairly good. For once, I'm inclined to agree that 800 was a bit much. (Weren't the old Hardwood games 400? What happened there?)

What bothers me is that it's pretty lazy. They could've gone all out and made this the best solitaire collection ever, but didn't bother. For example, why is there no way to quick-restart a Klondike game? The developers KNOW that Klondike is extremely random and (unless you're some kind of pro) you'll be running into brick walls where you can't continue A LOT. But you have to manually quit to the map/menu, re-select the game via several menus and then finally play a new deal. Might seem like a minor complaint, but if you consider the fact that this game wants you to play at least 1000 games to get all the achievements, that time's going to add up lot of your life wasted on restarting games.

Also, this game seriously could've used some REAL tutorials. It has 30-some games or so, but I'm only really familiar with Klondike and Memory. The rest are mysteries to me, and the in-game descriptions are extremely brief and lazy. I've tried half a dozen games now, and I don't understand 95% of them because the descriptions are so mystifying. The descriptions basically talk to you as if you're already a solitaire pro, using terms most people aren't familiar with and etc. It's just lazy and annoying. Now I'm going to have to see if I can find guides that can tell me how to play these games online, and I really shouldn't have to do that when I've bought a new game.

Maybe I'm dumb with solitaire and card games, but I would've liked something like Catan's "Learn as you play" mode. I know that would've been a lot of work for all of these solitaire games, but then again, they ARE charging double compared to what these guys (Silver Creek, the devs) usually charge...
Y Button is quick restart if im not mistaken :P
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:31 AM   #8
Sean099
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 84
Send a message via AIM to Sean099

Sean099's Gamercard
Yeah on klondike when you no longer have any possible moves left a message will appear in the bottom right corner telling you to press "y" to end game. It may be quicker to actually quit to the main menu and restart if you're experienced enough to see that you're not going to win a given game, rather than exhaust all possible moves just so the quick end game option appears.
__________________
Sean099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #9
DROGTURIST
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 628

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Yeah, I knew the game offered a quick restart when it deemed the game impossible to finish, but I have since my post up there figured out that DaKrazie1 is right. You can press Y at any time to get a fairly quick restart. That's fair enough.

(I still wish they would've done some coding magic to make Klondike winnable every time. Yes, due to how it's designed it is unwinnable in many situations in real life, but there's no reason for a digital version to be unwinnable...)
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:57 PM   #10
JamesSoprano
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 82

JamesSoprano's Gamercard
i played the trial and Grandfather Clock game is one of my favorite Solo cardgames of all time but you can only play it 3 times on the demo !!! come on i mean that's just stupid and the 800 points i agree .. TOO MUCH i like what they did with it but i only know grandfather clock ( which this is played the real way as i never played it this was on a real deck of cards but it's still fun and challaging then theirs Klondike then Memory but i really like to get this cause it's fun but i dunno what the other games are like ... i really want but is it worth it tho

i mean i would love if Cribbage came out for the marketplace but i know that won't happen
JamesSoprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #11
CC99999
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
This game should have offered 250 GS out of the box. Winning 1000 games is just ridiculous for a game like this. Win 250? Yeah, sure. Win 500? Possible... but 1000? For Pete's sake, who would do that?

I also hate the controls. The controller isn't graceful like a mouse would be. It just feels clumbsy. I would like to know how you would win Klondike in a minute with this kind of controller set up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #12
Sean099
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 84
Send a message via AIM to Sean099

Sean099's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC99999 View Post
This game should have offered 250 GS out of the box. Winning 1000 games is just ridiculous for a game like this. Win 250? Yeah, sure. Win 500? Possible... but 1000? For Pete's sake, who would do that?

I also hate the controls. The controller isn't graceful like a mouse would be. It just feels clumbsy. I would like to know how you would win Klondike in a minute with this kind of controller set up.

Actually getting the achievement for winning a game of klondike in under a minute might not be as hard as it sounds once you master the controls of this game. Make sure to use "x" to flip your cards off the deck instead of slowly repositioning your cursor each time to do it manually. Also use "b" whenever possible to move your cards for you, this is the biggest time saving move there is and once you get used to using it you'll find yourself winning games very fast. Just make sure that there is an actual move to be made with a particular card before you go pushing "b" on it, cause if there is not a move it will deduct points from your score.
__________________

Last edited by Sean099; 05-18-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Sean099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #13
xRogue 5x
 
xRogue 5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yavin 4
Posts: 2,206

xRogue 5x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I like solitaire but was hesitant to get this one based on its price. Thanks for the info, I will now be avoiding this one.
__________________

Ranked #1 in Utah, 1'st to 100,200,300k in Utah
235 retail complete, 26 arcade complete
Gsl season 7 champion!
xRogue 5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
Aparecium
 
Aparecium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 33

MalSunshine's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRogue 5x View Post
I like solitaire but was hesitant to get this one based on its price. Thanks for the info, I will now be avoiding this one.
I completely agree! haha
__________________
Aparecium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 AM.