PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
howardthecoward
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Alger, Michigan
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to howardthecoward

howardthyduck's Gamercard
Same Game as Before...say bye to online ach..

Back in the other rainbow i had the problem where i couldent connect to any online Game. It would then disconnect me from the internet and i would have to reset my modem ...So i figured Hey RB6V:2 a new game should not have that problem...well i am very very very very very wrong. And Disappointed well i guess now i got a good reason to play SP.. Thanks for listening to my problem
howardthecoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
kiwi18
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,439
Send a message via AIM to kiwi18 Send a message via MSN to kiwi18

kiwi18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardthecoward View Post
Back in the other rainbow i had the problem where i couldent connect to any online Game. It would then disconnect me from the internet and i would have to reset my modem ...So i figured Hey RB6V:2 a new game should not have that problem...well i am very very very very very wrong. And Disappointed well i guess now i got a good reason to play SP.. Thanks for listening to my problem

tht sucks dude. sorry for your loss. as for me i am going to 1000( i didnt mean to rub it in )
kiwi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:15 AM   #3
ColossalKiller7
 
ColossalKiller7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,003
Send a message via AIM to ColossalKiller7

ColossalKiller7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
R6V2 is new camo, armor, guns, characters, missions, and levels. Other than that same game. Oh yeah and you can sprint, like you are in the special olympics.
__________________
Completed Retail: (15)



ColossalKiller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
CORPSE CRISIS
 
CORPSE CRISIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Calgary,Alberta in the free country CANADA were else??
Posts: 1,756
Send a message via MSN to CORPSE CRISIS

Red Leaf Beast's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i dont even think u can even boost the online achievements in this game...has to have a max of six people to play...it sucks
__________________
DJ
CORPSE CRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #5
howardthecoward
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Alger, Michigan
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to howardthecoward

howardthyduck's Gamercard
ANyone else having this problem...i hate to think im the only one..
howardthecoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:43 AM   #6
Chilidog Chaos
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 820

stiff bon air's Gamercard
It could be your modem. If you have the money, you could always look for a new modem.
Chilidog Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:45 AM   #7
Danillo llic
 
Danillo llic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 356

Danillo llic's Gamercard
That sucks sorry bro
__________________



Waiting for: Modern Warfare 2, Dead Rising 2
Sig created by Godge
Danillo llic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
Ach. freak360
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 42

BIG EAZY 1's Gamercard
Its not just you,I traded the first one in cause it would always freeze my modem,and I could never play online.Yesterday I put in my brand new copy of R6V2,and as soon as I tried to play online my modem quit working and I was logged out of LIVE.I realize it may be my modem,but Im not gonna buy a new modem just because of this game.Ive played like 80 other games on live,and this is the only one I ever have issues with.
Ach. freak360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
INSANEKID13
 
INSANEKID13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD - USA
Posts: 666
Send a message via AIM to INSANEKID13 Send a message via MSN to INSANEKID13 Send a message via Yahoo to INSANEKID13

L0ST RAVEN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORPSE CRISIS View Post
i dont even think u can even boost the online achievements in this game...has to have a max of six people to play...it sucks
i think it is a min. of six people so just get some of your friend and play you will get there in no time at all.

back on subject... dude just give it another try after you buy a modem that will work b/c this one i better and smoother than the first one i think
__________________
Dude it's just a GAME...NOT the end of your LIFE!
INSANEKID13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
Ach. freak360
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 42

BIG EAZY 1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossalKiller7 View Post
R6V2 is new camo, armor, guns, characters, missions, and levels. Other than that same game. Oh yeah and you can sprint, like you are in the special olympics.
I dont think you understood what he was saying.He is saying its the same game, because it crashes his modem when he plays online, just like the first one did.
Ach. freak360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
Maka
 
Maka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10,666
Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Its defo your internet connection, and not the games fault. Get a newer modem and router and it should work better.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
Sonnenberg
 
Sonnenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 309

S0NNENBERG's Gamercard
dont worry about it dood


most people will be at 990 anyways, because ubisoft made the biggest disapointment of a game when they overlooked such a simple achievement glitch, cmon, private first class, holy moly

will a patch ever come out???
Sonnenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #13
twotonkoala
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Beautiful Colorado
Posts: 1,289

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenberg View Post
dont worry about it dood


most people will be at 990 anyways, because ubisoft made the biggest disapointment of a game when they overlooked such a simple achievement glitch, cmon, private first class, holy moly

will a patch ever come out???
C'mon man, I don't like it any better than you do, but there are threads for that conversation. Let's not get in the way of the OP getting some help on his issue. Besides, spamming up x360a isn't going to get the fix out any faster. Go to ubi.com and ask those kinds of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Its defo your internet connection, and not the games fault. Get a newer modem and router and it should work better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ach. freak360 View Post
Its not just you,I traded the first one in cause it would always freeze my modem,and I could never play online.Yesterday I put in my brand new copy of R6V2,and as soon as I tried to play online my modem quit working and I was logged out of LIVE.I realize it may be my modem,but Im not gonna buy a new modem just because of this game.Ive played like 80 other games on live,and this is the only one I ever have issues with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardthecoward View Post
Back in the other rainbow i had the problem where i couldent connect to any online Game. It would then disconnect me from the internet and i would have to reset my modem ...So i figured Hey RB6V:2 a new game should not have that problem...well i am very very very very very wrong. And Disappointed well i guess now i got a good reason to play SP.. Thanks for listening to my problem
I wanted to quote all three of these because:

Maka is, for the most part, right. It really shouldn't effect your modem when playing a specific game online. If it does, it's more than likely a weak link somewhere else; other than the game. My first, and easiest suggestion would be to purchase a new router (May want to look into a Linksys WRT54G, an excellent router that is rather cost-effective, and can be configured easily). This will not only probably 'fix' the problem, but also improve speeds and connecivity across the board for your 360 and all computers in your house.

HOWEVER; it seems incredibly odd that this is the only game to do it to you guys. One idea may be that Rainbow Six for some reason uses another port that the other games do not, and you may need to open that specific port. Might be worth contacting Ubisoft or Microsoft support to see if they can provide any assistance, because in all honesty, it just doesn't make any sense that this is the only game that does it.
__________________

Last edited by twotonkoala; 03-20-2008 at 09:09 PM.
twotonkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
JesusBread
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,580

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's not the games fault... It's yours. You probably have a NAT of Strict...
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
rrushn
 
rrushn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 594

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You have to check your NAT settings on your modem if it's set to open or not. If it's closed or moderate, that would be 99% of your online gaming problems.
You should check your modem/router manual and/or x360 site about it.
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #16
howardthecoward
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Alger, Michigan
Posts: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to howardthecoward

howardthyduck's Gamercard
How can i check my NAT Settings on my modem??

I did find out thoe i can get into online games but I must be invited to them first for it to work..

I should just buy a new modem...i called my ISP and replaced my modem when i had a problem with WoW..Gave me the same type of modem back. Wasent a month later i still have the problem with WoW...after doing some info check on the Modem they stop making them back in 2003. Also im not useing a router im useing a 5-Port Network Hub
howardthecoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #17
zapp_8rannigan
 
zapp_8rannigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 138

Zapp 8rannigan's Gamercard
are you connected directly to your modem or thru a router?....i know some games have a problem when its wireless and such.....i couldnt host a game on crackdown unless i was directly connected to my modem
zapp_8rannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #18
Ach. freak360
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 42

BIG EAZY 1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBread View Post
It's not the games fault... It's yours. You probably have a NAT of Strict...
Sorry but you are wrong,if the NAT was set on anything but open I would have problems with other games ,but I dont.Last night I was hosting 8 player matches on Condemed2 with no problems,when I got done doing that I put in RSV2 hoping it would work,and once again it locked up my modem as soon as I tried to join a match... I dont use a router I have it wired straight to my modem..So please if your only advice is to buy I new modem or router please dont post that and have people waste money.RSV1 had a patch that fixed the prob(with the game)and now I can play that one with no problems.
Ach. freak360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
Komrad Kyle
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14

Komrad Kyle's Gamercard
Yeah This is just what BF2142 was to BF2 Basically the same exact game sold as a full version retail. If this was back in the old days this would be a $30 expansion pack, ALMOST EVERYTHING is recycled I have had so many deja vu moments in this game its crazy. I HATE the fact that the weapons rate of fire does not show up. This is what really bugged me. They didn't get creative with the maps. They made BOOSTING actually more of a must by setting the limit to 6 players I do not see the logic in that at all. And in addition you have to be the one actually disarming or capturing, which again promotes boosting, I do not know what they were thinking but they were dead wrong on that.
Komrad Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:08 AM.