PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Exclamation Guide To Private First Class Achievement (Assuming you have not booted up the game)

Hey Tijntjee K suggested I make a thread for this so hopefully more people will not end up passing the chance to gain this achievement I know its already posted in the "Private First Class Achievement Bug" but you have to scroll though quite a few pages to find it so this should make it easier for people

Basically I came across the way to gain this achievement even if you have already played Vegas 1.

You require 2 controllers and that's about it now since I'm useless at guides I'll just post one up that I thought explained it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooah View Post
This worked for me, thanks for finding it out, Gun-Nut! (Even if it was by accident :P)

If you have not played RS Vegas 2 yet and/or haven't accepted the message for the bonus exp, this will work for you too.

1. When you first put the game in, sign in as a completely different gamertag on controller 1.
2. Then, sign in as your own gamertag on controller 2. You'll notice that you don't get the bonus exp message.
3. Play splitscreen terrorist hunt, controlling your gamertag and just leaving the other controller, getting a friend to help, or switch back and forth.
4. Depending on your skill, the difficulty and some other factors you can get up to Private First Class in no time.
5. You'll get the achievement, so just turn off your 360, turn it back on and sign in as yourself on controller 1 and you'll get the 2500 exp and equipment bonuses on top of the exp you earned before and have your Private First Class achievement over with.
6. Make your guy all black, with a flight helmot, ballistic face mask and a balaclava and represent yo!
Hopefully this has helped out and really hope Ubi fix this bug for those who have missed the chance.

Last edited by Gun-Nut; 03-21-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Gun-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
Doganator

Doganator's Gamercard
thanks for the re-post, I was looking for this in the other thread.

Text
Doganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Daggermn

Jack Bandit 24's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for posting this. I will try it tonight. I have been holding off until I knew a solution for sure. thanks again.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
JD FTW

i havent played the game yet, ive just got a quick question. how much of R6V1 did you have to play to get the new reward, also can you check to see if you are offered it and the turn off the console if you are fast enough to not recieve it?
JD FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD FTW View Post
i havent played the game yet, ive just got a quick question. how much of R6V1 did you have to play to get the new reward, also can you check to see if you are offered it and the turn off the console if you are fast enough to not recieve it?
I believe you get 2500 Bonus XP if you managed to beat RS6V1 on Realistic or gained the rank of Elite and you get 1250 for just having played it.

Either one pushes you over Private First Class.

Not 100% sure if you can see if your offered the reward then turn the console of without accepting, I would just go get the achievement anyways to make sure you don't miss it
Old 03-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
II DELTA FOX II

iNFuSioN X's Gamercard
Ive already done about 8 hours of playing and Im not gonna restart and lose all that just to get this achievement. Is there a way to keep your current stats?
II DELTA FOX II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #7
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I can confirm that this method DOES WORK. I just got the achievement 5 minutes ago following the same exact directions as posted above. Just follow exactly what it says above and it should go smoothly Thanks for the help Gun-Nut!!
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #8
JD FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun-Nut View Post
I believe you get 2500 Bonus XP if you managed to beat RS6V1 on Realistic or gained the rank of Elite and you get 1250 for just having played it.

Either one pushes you over Private First Class.

Not 100% sure if you can see if your offered the reward then turn the console of without accepting, I would just go get the achievement anyways to make sure you don't miss it
hey, thanks for the help. i was going to get the game yesterday but its sold out ( i know i should of Preordered it). ill be doing this method, better be safe then sorry. For the people that missed the achev, could a update fix it, so the achev just unlocks when the turn it on after a update? or is the problem more complex
Old 03-22-2008, 01:21 AM   #9
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD FTW View Post
For the people that missed the achev, could a update fix it, so the achev just unlocks when the turn it on after a update? or is the problem more complex
Depends Really, I guess the Devs could add some where in the Code that checks what rank you are when you first go past the title screen and if you don't have the PFC achievement and you are past the rank it would award you the achievement.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #10
AlexUplinked

Nova x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Dammit. Wish that I didn't just rush into the game like that, now I have to hope they patch it.

[Alex]

Heading for: 25,000 (Target 6)

Yes. I like Tea and Crumpets.
(Click them and see why)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korix View Post
Feel free to punch them in the head, especially if they have almost 1,500 posts in under 4 months, yet complain about reading.
AlexUplinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #11
Zenquen

Location: How does one truly define where one lives? I suppose home is where the heart is. I live in my chest.
Send a message via AIM to Zenquen Send a message via MSN to Zenquen

RDJ4EVER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexUplinked View Post
Dammit. Wish that I didn't just rush into the game like that, now I have to hope they patch it.

[Alex]
People should be able to play games without having to fear starting them up and losing a chance to play an achievement.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
ShazBo

ShazBo's Gamercard
I mention you when I tell people how to work around the XP Bonus to get the Private 1st Class Achievement but I never told you in person. Thank you Gun-Nut you are the REAL AMER... I mean BRITISH HERO!
ShazBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #13
JD FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenquen View Post
People should be able to play games without having to fear starting them up and losing a chance to play an achievement.
Exactly, i bet soooo many people lost out on this Achev. I have another question..... How many points do you need to get the avhev and what if i dont get enough in one terroist hunt, can i just retry without recieving the reward?

I guess that wat two questions
Old 03-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #14
K1ng K00p4

K1ng K00p4's Gamercard
Yeah, I hope they patch this. I missed the achievement. It's a bummer too, since I never really played adversal in the first one, and I didn't plan on it in this one (although it looks like I might) and most of the achievements are there. So not being able to have one of the simple ones is a killer.

Prestige 10 - Level 55

"Heart Breakers and Life Takers, Semper Fi"
-Mile High Club 12/30/07
K1ng K00p4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #15
Luke_Bcfc

uR iLuKe's Gamercard
I didn't get the extra XP message but i got private first class achievement on rainbow 1 and i'm already 1 away from warrant officer so is there anyway that i can get the achievement because i'm probaly gnna end up with 990 G on rainbow and not been able to get the easiest achievement!
Luke_Bcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
guy 73

GUY 73's Gamercard
alright lads,
seems this achevement is a really pain in the butt !
i've just starting playing the game with a secound controller and my gamer tag as the 2nd one.
i've had a few games now but both players have now been ranked private 2nd class, does this mean i've missed the private first class achevement !?
i was playing terrorist hunt in split screen !?
can any one please help as i dont wanna miss out on it.
thanks very much,
guy 73.
guy 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #17
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy 73 View Post
alright lads,
seems this achevement is a really pain in the butt !
i've just starting playing the game with a secound controller and my gamer tag as the 2nd one.
i've had a few games now but both players have now been ranked private 2nd class, does this mean i've missed the private first class achevement !?
i was playing terrorist hunt in split screen !?
can any one please help as i dont wanna miss out on it.
thanks very much,
guy 73.
Private 2nd Class is one rank below Private 1st class, so keep on working at it. I played a few terrorist hunt missions myself in order to rank up and get the achievement. It shouldn't take too long, but it all depends on your skill.
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #18
LukeP91

Send a message via MSN to LukeP91

Luke P 91's Gamercard
ive played rainbow 6 vegas and didnt play much online... so if i put rainbow 6 vegas 2 in my xbox, am i able to still do this? even if i didnt complete it, or gain an online rank? Thanks.

1st 360 - Christmas 2006 - 10th May 2008
2nd 360 - May 2008 - Present
LukeP91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #19
JD FTW

i think its if you played it you get a smal reward but if you completed it you get a bigger reward
Old 03-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #20
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
What a reward I gotta say...

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #21
guy 73

GUY 73's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorGe62990 View Post
Private 2nd Class is one rank below Private 1st class, so keep on working at it. I played a few terrorist hunt missions myself in order to rank up and get the achievement. It shouldn't take too long, but it all depends on your skill.

thanks very much for that mate.
i'm very greatful,
i was told it was the other way round (1st the 2nd and so on)
i did think you started at 2nd then 1st and so on but when i was told it was the other way round it though me big time and i thought i had blown it mate.
thanks very much i'll carry on playing it now.
cheers guy.
guy 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #22
InSoMnIaC_190

Sneaky White's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What I did with this was played CQB Training on Realistic then I go to the right and up the ladder then I use the second controller up the ladder too to watch my own back.

it seems like as soon as you both get up there a few guys come into the ladder area so throw a grenade and you should easily get a few kills and then look over the balcony throw a nade at the ones near the car on the right almost around the corner and more should rush you.

Rinse dry and repeat as you get 10 exp per kill and you should unlock one of the assault levels in no time also giving you some exp.

InSoMnIaC_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #23
Soldier 4 I AM

Soldier 4 I AM's Gamercard
Thanks for the help. I have not played this game yet and I dont want to miss out on getting an achievement because someone messed up when making the game.

GT: Soldier 4 I AM

1000:
200+ Retail Completed
Soldier 4 I AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #24
Bondfan626

Bond x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i have it preordered but i was on vacation, ill be getting it monday, so i hope this works. I don't want to be screwed out of an achievement. Thanks for the tip (and repost).
Old 03-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #25
Ruthless
Banned User

Ruthless x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
What if im ranked up fairly high 45,000XP? Is there another way?
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #26
y0bam

Send a message via AIM to y0bam Send a message via MSN to y0bam Send a message via Yahoo to y0bam

Yobam's Gamercard
Whatever happened to Testing the game before you release it? Quality Assurance failed to realize that you can't get the achievement if you've played the previous game, honestly now how much are you paying these guys?
y0bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #27
jphni12

BlueBrainNinja's Gamercard
Was thinking of a way to get without restarting. Do you think this would work?

Get a mate to recover your gamertag on his 360 and that way it shouldnt be your gamesave so when he starts rainbow on his console with your tag it should go to the beginning and you could use the method in this thread. You can do the same for him and then just recover your own tags again and hopefully your will have the achievement but be back to you gamesave with the higher rank you had

Last edited by jphni12; 03-24-2008 at 01:36 PM. Reason: cant type properly lol
jphni12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #28
jphni12

BlueBrainNinja's Gamercard
nevermind just read another thread and a dude already tried something like that but the rank etc is linked to gamertag and not just throught a gamesave
jphni12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #29
stu375

stu375's Gamercard
Good to know , unless like me you got it on release and its all too little too little .Its 10G and not worth worrying about . Im sure the gamer community will forgive those that dont get the achievement , after all it was Ubisoft who robbed you of it. Thieves !! I would swap it for the elite achievement anyday
stu375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #30
punisher

Codename 76's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Your glitch does'nt work - I tried it. Still no PFC Achievement...