PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #121
StalkingGrunt911

Send a message via AIM to StalkingGrunt911

xStaIkinGruntx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
When I first got the game I played the first level and half of the second. Then I didn't play until two days ago with a friend of mine.

He hosted 3 levels so I got all the achievements for being Knight, then I hosted the last 4 so he could get it, we ended up getting the achievement no problem.

When we did each level we would be it all the way to the end. At the 3rd level after we beat it it was late and I wanted some sleep so we just quit, I hosted from their and we never loaded a save or scene.

StalkingGrunt911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #122
StormSurge

StormSurge's Gamercard
To summarize, we have 4+ pages of discussion & there's no rhyme or reason to who unlocks it & who doesn't. Fantastic. Hopefully a patch is on it's way soon.

Last edited by StormSurge; 03-29-2008 at 01:33 AM.
StormSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #123
Atarii

Atarii II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Angry

I just beat the story on Realistic, by myself entirely, from beginning to end and no achievement. I'm kinda fucking pissed off about this. First I gotta deal with the PFC glitched achievement I skipped and didn't get, now this....? My faith in this game is sorely lacking.
Atarii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #124
Gaaranug

GARA NUG's Gamercard
Finally got it, after joining a co op match this afternoon.
Gaaranug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #125
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
This is so weird, I completed the story on realistic over a week. I didn't play anything between, no co-op, no versus, no t-hunts. I loaded my last save in the story mode in single player and everything unlocked fine.
Shinobi273 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #126
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didn't get it either. Here's my situation.

Completed the whole game as Knight (aka second player co-op) over xbox live on casual difficulty. Got the achievements, but didn't get the first "knight" badge on the awards menu.

Played the first 3 acts as Bishop on Realistic difficulty on co-op live. Played act 4 as Bishop on splitscreen on realistic. Played act 5, 6, and 7 as Knight on co-op live all on realistic. All checkmarks are present... no achievement. Not sure what to do next. My co-op partner got it though.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #127
Airtripper

Airtripper's Gamercard
Beat Vegas2 on casual first then played through again on realistic and did not get the achievement. Only played on single player not coop.
Airtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 PM   #128
Soldier 4 I AM

Soldier 4 I AM's Gamercard
Does anyone know if you play it in split screen does that work. Does Split-screen count as Co-Op due to there is an option of both. I have the last 3 levels to beat. I played the game from the start to the end on split screen.

EDIT:

I just got the achievement on split screen with my wife. Both of us got the achievement.

GT: Soldier 4 I AM

1000:
200+ Retail Completed

Last edited by Soldier 4 I AM; 03-29-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Soldier 4 I AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #129
Richcore

richxcore's Gamercard
had enough

This achievement is so stupid ive done everything played on my own done it in co-op joined games had people join mine an ive got nothing why put the game out if they know there still stuff to sort out
Richcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #130
Atarii

Atarii II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
idk, I just can't believe this shit gets through testing.... especially the PFC glitch - seriously, who (if anyone) are testing these games prior to release? I can't even imagine why this got past post-production and wasn't noticed by SOMEONE.
Atarii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:38 AM   #131
aussiestatic
Banned User

I have a theory as to why it doesnt unlock for some people.
this theory might be wrong but if you play a level/scene in co-op it somehow screws the achievement up.

now I know you need to do some co-op levels for achievements anyway, but save them for after you beat the game. because thats exactly what i did and the realistic achievement unlocked no problem.

can someone else verify this?
I had my suspicions that this would be a problem. which is why I didnt attempt ANY levels in co-op until after i beat the game.
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #132
Gizmo2k

Gizmo2k's Gamercard
I'm starting to think if you've played ANY part of the single player on your own or on coop, on any level other than realistic first, you won't get the achievement.

I played it thru on normal first, then coop'd with a buddy, who didn't play it at all first, he got it I didn't. I've tried just about everything listed above, including playing the whole frigging thing again, both solo and coop, still hasn't popped up.

Thanks Ubisoft.
Gizmo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #133
o0EVIL0o x360a

So, from somebody who got this glitched and then unlocked it... can you tell us what exacly you did to make it finally unlock??
Old 03-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #134
FallenHero 117

FallenHero 117's Gamercard
Played the game once through on Normal then I played it through on Realistic half on my own, half with a mate (where I was Knight because he already had the achievements). We played it all and at the end credits he got his 2 achievements for completing Estate and the game on Realistic.

I flipped when it didn't pop up on my screen. So I went back and played through the first and last scenes on my own. Still nothing. So I gave up and went to have a look at the achievements I got for playing as Knight.

For some reason the notification never popped up on my screen for unlocking the achievement, but my gamerscore had gone up and it was in both the Achievements section on Rainbow and on my Dashboard.

Maybe some people do have it but the notification is bugged instead?
FallenHero 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #135
Spardan

WCF Spardan's Gamercard
Did all the levels on realistic some with a friend and redid it on single player and nothing

The Code of Spardan
Play games for fun not points
Play fair and also show respect to the other team
Earn achievements for a laugh And never boost for them
Always Find the Fun/Positive side to any slip up
Never rise against any insults Given to you just kill them in game
Respect newbies
Show no mercy to Noobies
Spardan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #136
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Well after making the thread I can finally weigh in. I did the game in three separate outings. Did the first 3 levels as Player 2, then the next two levels as Player 2, then the final two levels as Player 1.

Got the achievement right away.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #137
Galaxy Spear

ArchAngel184's Gamercard
It wont unlock for me either, ive tryed all the methods here and nothing seems to work for me. I highly doubt Ubisoft will fix it though, look at EA and the nfs carbons urban battle achievement, its been broken since the games release. I noticed i dont have the ribbon in my in-game achievement display case for completing one scene as Bishops teamate Knight. Can anyone with the realistic achievement confirm they have this ribbon in their display case ? Thank you.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #138
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Spear View Post
I noticed i dont have the ribbon in my in-game achievement display case for completing one scene as Bishops teamate Knight. Can anyone with the realistic achievement confirm they have this ribbon in their display case ? Thank you.
I don't have the ribbon either (though I have the achievement) and I still got my realistic achievement as well.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #139
o0EVIL0o x360a

I tried the methods posted earlier in the thread to replay the first act, replay the last act, be the guy who shoots the final boss, everything. I'd like to know what people have done to un-glitch this. Do you just keep doing the first level over and over again??
Old 03-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #140
Galaxy Spear

ArchAngel184's Gamercard
Im gonna delete my save game and start playing through again. Not sure if it'll work or not though. I'll post my results when im done. Hopefully before i finish Ubisoft will have already made some kind of announcement as to whats gone wrong. Doubtful though.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #141
Nazza

I just finished it, I played all by myself and it didn't unlock. I tried to join someones coop-match, play some online, play some T-Hunts, play a couple of scenes more by myself, host a coop match and play a couple of scenes, and I still don't have this.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with this, it just isn't unlocking. It's driving me mad. If somebody knows some more methods to unlock it, please inform me.
Nazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #142
Spardan

WCF Spardan's Gamercard
Just got the achievement
Time for the mutil player acheivements

The Code of Spardan
Play games for fun not points
Play fair and also show respect to the other team
Earn achievements for a laugh And never boost for them
Always Find the Fun/Positive side to any slip up
Never rise against any insults Given to you just kill them in game
Respect newbies
Show no mercy to Noobies
Spardan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #143
Mitty34

Send a message via AIM to Mitty34
I started out the campaign on solo. I finished the first two acts by myself, then played the next act on co-op. I then finished the game on solo with no achievement at the end. I then took the great advice of this board and joined a co-op game on act one, scene one at quickly finished it. As soon as scene two started, the achievement popped as well as i got the color for the ribbon for the play as partner. I think that the problem is linked to mixing co-op and single player...Just my two cents.....

If you find my answers frightening, Vincent, you should cease askin'
scary questions.

Mitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:22 AM   #144
AnguishedEnd

Got this achievement first try. Here what I did for those of you who would liek to know.
Acts 1 - 6 I hosted a coop story and different people joined/left (didnt go through campaign with one person entire time)
Act 6 I played split screen until the final Scene. For the final scene "Showdown" I joined someone's coop story and I didnt even shoot the final guy and I still got the achievement.
AnguishedEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:29 AM   #145
Da_moopintot

Moopintot's Gamercard
im not going for it because i personally find this game boring as hell,
but my brother beat it on realistic and didnt get it
he was so pissed it was pretty damn funny

Da_moopintot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:32 AM   #146
AceOfSpades 274

I hosted and played through the whole story on Realistic in Co-op and did not get the achievement. I tried doing some random scenes w/ someone else hosting and still nothing. Then I made a split screen with my profile as player two, started from the first scene and as soon as I hit scene two, 'Freedom Shall Prevail' unlocked.

AceOfSpades 274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:22 AM   #147
Inequality07

Inequality07's Gamercard
This really makes me sad. Beat on Realistic in Co-op and single player. Tried running the first mission a ton of times. Also have done the final mission three times now
Viking: Battle for Asgard.

Inequality07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:14 AM   #148
Wingman709

Send a message via MSN to Wingman709

Wingman709's Gamercard
Just finished my second run thru and still no achievement. My buddy got it, but I didn't. Go figure.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:32 AM   #149
Sploitz85

Sploitz85's Gamercard
SOLUTION

Set the filter to search for ANY MISSION, ANY SCENE, ON REALISTIC as long as it is NOT the final helicopter scene. What you need to do is get to a new scene as the one who joined the game. When the new scene loads, Achievement Unlocked!

Last edited by Sploitz85; 03-31-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Sploitz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #150
Aprosa

Send a message via ICQ to Aprosa

iWitness NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sploitz85 View Post
SOLUTION

Set the filter to search for ANY MISSION, ANY SCENE, ON REALISTIC as long as it is NOT the final helicopter scene. What you need to do is get to a new scene as the one who joined the game. When the new scene loads, Achievement Unlocked!
after beating it solo? or co-op? i still have to do the campaign on realistic... but i dont want to do it if the achievement wont unlock...

Aprosa is offline   Reply With Quote