PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #241
bdg7884

bdg7884's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I dont understand why people dont get this... I played through the story with a buddy and we switched hosting on and off like 4-5 times and it unlocked fine for both of us.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 AM   #242
Lo Tek

Finally got the achievement beating a scene as knight that I hadn't beaten with him before (pretty much got all his achievements at the beginning of the game). Did it on split screen so I can't say if this will work on live. Before that I had beaten it solo, online and on split screen. Each time as Bishop.
Lo Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #243
Maxx Able

Maxx Able's Gamercard
I experienced the same exact glitch with the first Knight achievement noting that the subsequent points for 5 and 10 etc were unlocked on the dash and on the in-game award screen. Ive played through on realistic and normal with three people only one getting the points when completing the game first time on realistic. As you would expect I'm not very chuffed with the PFC glitch either considering the amount of time and effort I put into RSV in '06. Ubisoft get your finger out and sort it out PRONTO
Maxx Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #244
Mukor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKillerFreak View Post
I *think*, not entirely sure, that if you unlock another Single Playar/co-Op achievement, or one that can be done in Single Player, that it will unlock. My friend got it after he unlocked Rappel King for example. And alot of people had it fixed after getting the Knight acheivements.
I can say for sure this doesn't work, or isn't the whole story. Playing through on realistic I hosted some, joined some. I got the Knight achievements along the way, beat the game on realistic, didn't get Freedom Shall Prevail.

Playing a random earlier scene again as Knight, I got enough shotgun kills to unlock I Like The Way It Sounds, got my 25G for that but still no FSP.

I'll try playing some scenes I haven't already played as Knight tomorrow and post again with results.
Mukor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #245
zoekoner

Send a message via AIM to zoekoner

zoek oner's Gamercard
if i have beaten all the levels on real and did not get the achievement does that mean that i will never get it?
zoekoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:38 AM   #246
LazyDonkey117

TNG IDEADLY's Gamercard
I hope I get the AHIEVEMENT!!

I have beaten the first 4 levels on singleplayer and the half of the 5th level on singleplayer and did one checkpoint on live hopefully that donsn't affect the ahievement!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:01 AM   #247
IRONMAN

Rex odii's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN View Post
i just beat it & no achievement... i dont know what to do from here on...sob
I just got this today. If you beat it in co-op as host, just join some games & play through working towards the co-op achievement & I got this...so i dont know how it'll work for you but good luck.

LISTEN TO METAL
IRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #248
nomishood

Stoopid Game.

I've completed it as Knight on normal with a friend, him hosting, and then on realistic with me hosting.

He got Freedom Shall Prevail, I didn't.

I went back and played the final checkpoint on my own, and didn't get the achievement.

Then I joined someone's game on the convention centre level, and carried on playing till after the monorail bomb.

Then I started a split screen game with another profile, and played as Knight with my profile again. Completed the first act.

None of these worked.

This is REALLY simple stuff for them to code. It's not like we've been bending the rules or anything.

Can't believe this sort of thing gets through QA.

Especially after there was a similar problem with the first Vegas game.

It's a staggering level of incompetence.

Rant over.

Anyone got any ideas? I guess my main remaining options are to play through the whole campaign AGAIN as Knight, and play through the campaign AGAIN on singleplayer.

aaaaaaaaaaargh.
nomishood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #249
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomishood View Post
Anyone got any ideas? I guess my main remaining options are to play through the whole campaign AGAIN as Knight, and play through the campaign AGAIN on singleplayer.

aaaaaaaaaaargh.
You are in the same boat as I, my friend. I'll save you some time though, don't play through the entire campaign again as you'll be wasting your gaming time. The only concrete way to make this achievement unlock is to play a scene as Knight that you have NEVER played as him before. If you've already played each scene as Knight, don't even bother. Let's just hope they patch this crap so I can get my 1000/1000. (and yours too of course lol)
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #250
Mukor

Just unlocked it. Playing through a scene (South Hall, in my case) as Knight that I hadn't played as him worked - achievement unlocked on the load screen between scenes.

And, as seems to be the case for most people, while I'd unlocked the achievement for 1 scene as Knight (That Wasn't So Hard), the ribbon slot in the in-game rewards area was empty until I did this and fixed the glitch.

So, having read the pages of discussion here, the rule seems to be:

If you play through the campaign on realistic (and have a check mark against every scene) but the achievement doesn't unlock, go back and play through any scene you haven't played as Knight before (on realistic).

For those of you who play through the entire campaign as Knight and don't get the achievement...I can't help. Anyone in this position who finds a strategy that works, share it here.

If you haven't started going for these achievements yet, I'd recommend playing the entire campaign on realistic either single player, or as host (so you play as Bishop), before you play any scenes as Knight. That way, if Freedom Shall Prevail doesn't unlock, you can join a co-op game on any scene and hopefully unlock it then, along with That Wasn't So Hard. And then go after Gimme A High Five and Here's For A Wicked Five.

Good luck folks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: I quit out to dashboard and then went back in to the game. My That Wasn't So Hard ribbon has disappeared again. It was definately there (briefly) after I unlocked my glitched FSP. Weird. Anyone else had this happen?

Last edited by Mukor; 04-17-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #251
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
So, having read the pages of discussion here, the rule seems to be:

If you play through the campaign on realistic (and have a check mark against every scene) but the achievement doesn't unlock, go back and play through any scene you haven't played as Knight before (on realistic).

For those of you who play through the entire campaign as Knight and don't get the achievement...I can't help. Anyone in this position who finds a strategy that works, share it here.
That's exactly my thoughts. Please only post if you've already beaten the game as Knight but didn't get the achievement for FSP, and then managed to unlock it later. We don't need people to post that they had no problems, or played a scene as knight, or shot Gabe or anything like that. If someone wants to post here and actually help, post something we don't know yet!!

Last edited by o0EVIL0o x360a; 04-17-2008 at 03:37 PM.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #252
TheKillerFreak

TheKillerFreak's Gamercard
Quote:
Stoopid Game.

I've completed it as Knight on normal with a friend, him hosting, and then on realistic with me hosting.

He got Freedom Shall Prevail, I didn't.

I went back and played the final checkpoint on my own, and didn't get the achievement.

Then I joined someone's game on the convention centre level, and carried on playing till after the monorail bomb.

Then I started a split screen game with another profile, and played as Knight with my profile again. Completed the first act.

None of these worked.

This is REALLY simple stuff for them to code. It's not like we've been bending the rules or anything.

Can't believe this sort of thing gets through QA.

Especially after there was a similar problem with the first Vegas game.

It's a staggering level of incompetence.

Rant over.

aaaaaaaaaaargh.
You say it's easy to code this, when it's not.
The first Vegas had a similar problem where if you played Normal before realistic, the game wouldn't stay on the realistic difficulty. So it was near impossible to even get the achievement.
A similar thing has happened again, that's all.
TheKillerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #253
AVFC A1EX

AVFC A1EX's Gamercard
How I Got This Was I Read a Post saying to do last 3 Acts As Knight, But There Was No Matches Found So i Asked a Friend To Host But They Had Not Completed It Yet So i Finished Nevada Desert And Estate And Got the Achiebement Some Point Then

AVFC A1EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #254
D3adcell86

Send a message via AIM to D3adcell86

D3adcell86's Gamercard
I played through on single player and it didn't unlock for me. I joined a game online and played the first scene and then it unlocked, so thats weird. It unlocked just not the way it should.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #255
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Add me to the list...

I have a checkmark on solo AND coop for every scene, but still no achievement. *sigh* C'mon, patch!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #256
nomishood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKillerFreak View Post
You say it's easy to code this, when it's not.
The first Vegas had a similar problem where if you played Normal before realistic, the game wouldn't stay on the realistic difficulty. So it was near impossible to even get the achievement.
A similar thing has happened again, that's all.
It IS easy to code this sort of thing, in relation to the other parts of the game, e.g. the new physics, bullet penetration and AI routines.

Also, the fact that the original Vegas game had a similar problem is not an excuse for it happening again. In my eyes, that makes it even more incompetent. It's not like the developers were blindsided.

All the achievement code has to do is make a check to see if all levels have been completed on Realistic, and if they have, unlock the achievement.

If you take a look at Halo 3 and COD4 you'll see no problems with unlocking achievements for beating the game on the hardest setting.

It's not difficult to get right. I'm guessing they rushed it through QA to get it out before GTA4. It worked, because I bought the game, and I wouldn't have if it had been released at the same time as GTA4.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #257
nomishood

Can someone clarify something for me?

When people are saying that they've unlocked the achievement by first completing it on realistic as the host, then joining someone else's game as Knight and completing any scenes they hadn't done, do they mean completing any scenes they hadn't done on Realistic or just hadn't done on any difficulty.

i.e. I've completed the whole game as Bishop on realistic and Knight on normal. I've only done two acts as Knight on Realistic. Is it worth me playing through the whole game as Knight on Realistc?
Old 04-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #258
Mukor

Quote:
i.e. I've completed the whole game as Bishop on realistic and Knight on normal. I've only done two acts as Knight on Realistic. Is it worth me playing through the whole game as Knight on Realistc?
For me, I only tried beating a scene I hadn't done as Knight on Realistic and it worked.

I don't know how your having completed as Knight on normal will affect things.
In the in-game rewards menu, do you have the ribbon for That Wasn't So Hard (beating one scene as Knight), or is that space empty? If it's empty, that seems to be an indication that beating a new scene as Knight should work.

Did you beat the two acts on Realistic as Knight before or after you beat Realistic as Bishop? If it's before, beating a scene as Knight on Realistic that you haven't already might do it.

If it's after, I'd say it's not looking good for you. Of course, if you're trying to get any other achievements anyway (XP-related ones, for example), it can't hurt to play through the rest of the campaign as Knight and see if you luck out getting FSP to unlock.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:36 AM   #259
beerwolfe

BeerWolfe's Gamercard
I'm another victiim...

Finished the story mode in single player and realistic, and no achieve...

Very sad, I think I'll take a nap.
beerwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #260
Bravo

eXo Bravo's Gamercard
I was always the host, I played most in single player myself and the some missions with a friend and had no problems getting it. and if it matters I started out playing in realistic mode
Old 04-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #261
porkstein

porkstein's Gamercard
now i think ive got it

played throu whole thing on solo, no ach

played a bit of coop (1st four scenes as knight) before, this may have mucked it

anyway, how it happens there doesn;t seem to be much pattern, but what matter is fixin it

so i tried first scene as knight, no ach

tried the 5 th scene, which i hadnt done as knight, did it as knight, it popped up as i finished it

this explains y convention center works - if youve done ten scenes to get the knight achs then youll need to do the 11th whcih ids convention scene 1

if you've done the whole game as knight you should have got it, thou many people haven;t, and im sure they've tried killing gabe themselves on the last scene, so maybe try a scene as bishop that yoou havnt done (perhaps the last scene). btw really am sorry to say but a patch is pretty unlikely. i am still thinking of how to soleve the VGA EvIl's problem thou

also, my rank reset on this when i was 200 000 xp 2nd lietenant, lost all xp and aces (and weapons and armour) really pissed me off. So i searched it and if you start the game with the guide up / sign in as it starts up it might reset OR if you turn the xbox off when changing apperarencer it resets

hope thsi helps for people who do (PFC ach) or dont want their rank reset

Last edited by porkstein; 04-21-2008 at 09:33 AM.
porkstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #262
nomishood

I think the crux of it is, if you complete the game on realistic before beating it on normal, you've got a much better chance of unlocking the achievement.

Likewise, if you complete it on realistic before you've completed every scene with Knight, you can go back and compete a scene with Knight and it should unlock the achievement.

However, if you've completed the game completely with Knight, and completely on realistic, and you still don't have the achievement, you're screwed. Like me.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #263
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Ok so i've completed it 3 different ways on realistic now and still no achievement

1st time - Me and my bro completed it doing system link. I hosted some and so did he
2nd time - My bro hosted a splitscreen, so ive done every scene as Knight
3rd time - Just finished it completely on my own and still no achievement

Now its really pi**ing me off!
C'mon! sort it out Ubisoft... please?
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #264
Santa

RedGearz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I want the 75 i have been owed, i've gone through it so much, so if i get to 925/1000 i will come to your house Ubisoft.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #265
Jammy6

XbL ReFLeCTiONz's Gamercard
I've done every level apart from 1 as Bishop, do this mean i have to complete it all again is Knight.

Jammy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #266
nomishood

Well, I just completed the whole game on realistic in one sitting.

Still no achievement.

I can't help but feel that this is now one of the top 5 all-time stitch-ups I've ever been exposed to.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #267
adefalco

aSiCk oNeR's Gamercard
fixed

after beating it on realistic and not getting the achievement try joining a coop game on any difficulty than realistic. if all your boxes are checked it should pop after you complete any 1 act. thats how i got it

hope this helps
adefalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:45 AM   #268
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adefalco View Post
after beating it on realistic and not getting the achievement try joining a coop game on any difficulty than realistic. if all your boxes are checked it should pop after you complete any 1 act. thats how i got it

hope this helps
When XBL is back to normal i'll give that a go... But im not getting my hopes up
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #269
ImmortalLeoman

ImmortalLeoman's Gamercard
I got the achievement.... after I re-did a level as player two.
ImmortalLeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #270
aCzarX

aCzarX's Gamercard
I beat the whole game on realistic , solo ( Like you should have to , its way to easy Co , op) and i got the 75 point no problem.

I think this is a great glitch and teach all those who cheat co op a leason =)
aCzarX is offline   Reply With Quote