PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
N9NTHCH1LD

N9NTHCH1LD's Gamercard
Weapon Collector/XP glitch bonuses not unlocking STICKY PLEASE

I saw a few others post the same question I had. Why doesn't the XP bonus glitch work for me, and then my weapon collector wont pop. I'm 99% sure the answer is that you bought the game on demand. I found that if I did the XP glitch up to a few kills before I was about to get the 5000 XP bonus(just to be safe), then sign online and get the last few kills to actually get the bonus, it worked fine. Yeah it takes longer but it works. And for weapons collector it's not good news. If you unlocked any weapons offline with the glitch with the Games On Demand version, this achievement wont pop for you...or me. Unless there is a way to reset your character, but I deleted my game save and they're all still there. If this is wrong, of anyone figures anything else out, please let me know. Thanks.
N9NTHCH1LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
N9NTHCH1LD

N9NTHCH1LD's Gamercard
UPDATE!

After ALOT of trial and error I have figured it out.

1. You must reset your rank. SuX, but if you want the achievement this is what you must do.

2. To reset your rank you must clear your cache. From Dashboard go to System>Memory>on the Hard drive screen hit Y and perform maintenance.

3. Sign OUT of your profile and load the game. Once you get to the main menu hit ok to the pop up and remain at the main menu. From here hit the guide button and sign into your profile, update and begin MASHING the start button as fast as you can. It should load you up a new game with a new character, rank and aces all reset. (it didn't work on my first try, but I was successful on my 2nd. If it does not work rinse and repeat, it does work.) I did not figure this method out, there are many videos on youtube explaining the process.

4. Now if you have the Games On Demand copy, to unlock Weapon Collector you have a choice depending on what type of hunter you are. If you must have the date stamp on the achievement, you must do it legit. No glitching. If you just want it to pop already, you can use the XP glitch. Now i'm 99% sure you must do it all in one sitting because I believe the glitch for this achievement is happening when the patch/update is reinstalled. The achievement WILL pop once you've reached 20 on all aces.

These are my finding and i've spent WAY TO MUCH time on this achievement already so i'm nowhere near interested in testing any other methods. Hope this helps the people who posted previously.
N9NTHCH1LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 AM   #3
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
no patches possible at all then?
mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote