PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
E10phoenix

darkphoenix1992's Gamercard
Recon they should have been a final fantasy title?

I've just began playing this game again (Because the story is epic!) and i think they should have made this another entry into the final fantasy series.

Not just because it's an rpg game, but for three reasons.
1. It would have sold a whole lot more copies, and would get more recognition
2. It was created by Hironobu Sakaguchi, who made final fantasy
3. It's a whole lot better than most other rpg's we have seen this generation

What do you guys think?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
realshinobi

Bourne Shinobi's Gamercard
Two different companies, dude.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It would be interesting but this game really has nothing to do with squeenix. This is one of the best jrpgs ive ever played so i really hope i see more from this company or other high quality jrpgs on the system. Squeenix should take note this game (apart from the battle system which is great) feels on par with the quality of some of the best ff titles.

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Metabolic XBA   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Great game on par with some of the best FF games but like the others said, Sakaguchi makes games with Mistwalker now, and this game was published by MS, so it could have never been a FF game.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
Elekid

Elekidcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Better to have one really solid game than one with multiple sequels which has the potential to water the story down.
http://www.soundcloud.com/elekid - Hard Dance (US Hard House, Jumpstyle, Tekstyle, Hardstyle, Tech Dance), Schranz, Hardcore (Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabber, Frenchcore, Speedcore), Breaks, Trance, and Mash Up mixes. Also original US Hard House, Jumpstyle, & Tekstyle tracks and remixes.

Elekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:47 AM   #6
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
I just consider it another Final Fantasy anyway. C'mon, it has a guy named Sed (Cid) in it! Sakaguchi obviously isn't hiding his love for FF.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #7
John325

GhostJohn325's Gamercard
This game is more of a Final Fantasy than any FF after X. It mixes elements of all the older ones together.
John325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:09 AM   #8
edhc44

URTV Unit 666's Gamercard
It does feel like a Final Fantasy game with a lingering sadness. There are a few things I dislike about Lost Odyssey that wouldn't have happened should it be Final Fantasy:

1) Despite being Uematsu's score and even if it matches the game overall tone (the forementioned sadness), I don't care for the music so much. I mean, there are two highly energetic, awesome pieces, a nice theme, a bunch of low-key tunes and a lot of silence in dungeons. Furthermore, the regular battle theme is pretty disappointing (not that the regular boss battle theme is any better).

2) I like the character design but I like Nomura's designs better. Say what you will, spiked hair and buckles are kinda cool.

3) Overall, the plot is way too simplistic. I mean, the ending is cool and beyond what any Final Fantasy has done lately, but the game gets way too caught up in the war between countries (despite much of it being Gongora's doing) while the immortality and the protagonists' real world take a back seat. They should've explored that further.

4) The battle system. It's not that it's bad, but changing rings every other battle becomes a real chore after a while.

5) About half of the memories are not as well written as they think they are. I'm not saying I'd do any better, I'm just saying I didn't enjoy them as much as others (the one where Kaim dreams about being in prison in the past, but can't remember when, is the best!).

Actually, those are my overall complaints about the game and not why it differs from a Final Fantasy game at all, but anyway, there you have... something... =p

Last edited by edhc44; 11-15-2014 at 06:12 AM.
edhc44 is offline   Reply With Quote