PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 07
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-21-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
s1u5h13

Send a message via MSN to s1u5h13

s1u5h13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NCAA 07 - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My NCAA 07 Achievement Guide

i am gonna attempt to make my 1st achievement guide here, hopefully it makes somewhat sense :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------
these achievements all have to be done in DYNASTY mode or a SCRIMMAGE, 5 MINUTE QUARTERS, and on the VARSITY SKILL LEVEL OR HARDER

ALL minigames can be done on ANY skill level

you can easily get 20 - 25 achievements in just 1 game!!!

i used the ohio state buckeyes, they have a really good team, a fast and accurate quarterback, a speedy running back, and a good defense

There are 50 achievements with a total of 1000 gamerpoints.
Throw 4 TD Passes in a Game
Throw 4 touchdown passes in a single game.
EASY. very easy to throw in this game, ins, outs, slants, and throwing screen passes to your running back all work great in the game

350 Total Passing Yards
Pass for 350 or more total yards in a game.
EASY. keep passing the ball until you unlock this achievement, wont take long at all

200 Total Rushing Yards
Rush for 200 or more total yards in a game.
EASY. what i like to do for this one and what i find easiest is to run with the fast quarterback ohio state has, you can just pretty much call a pass play or play action, then take off to either side of the football field with the quarterback, which ever side is more open

No Fumbles in a Game
Do not fumble the ball in a game.
EASY. just make sure you dont throw the ball while being the quarterback, or else there is a greater chance of a fumble. also dont dive with anyone but the quarterback unless your diving out of bounds! they tend to fumble a lot in this game when you dive

No Interceptions in a Game
Do not throw an interception in a game.
EASY. well, half the time most of the recievers are open anyway, even if you throw a pass 90% of the time the computer will just tip it, or you can just not throw the ball the whole game :P

Win by 21
Win a game by 21 points or more.
EASY. i usually win by 70 + points per game it is VERY easy, run with the quarterback, throw ins outs slants and screens, and on defense play nickel 3 - 3 - 5 and play 2 man, and play as the middle linebacker who has a small zone and either blitz the outside or cover the middle

Pass to 5 Different Receivers
Complete a pass to 5 or more receivers in a game.
EASY. throw a pass to your tightend, your running back, fullback even, your reciever on the left and right, and slotbacks on your left and right. easily done

100 Yard Receiver
Gain 100 or more receiving yards with a single player.
EASY. keep throwing to the same reciever, this one wont take long at all

100 Yard Rusher
Rush for 100 or more yards with a single player.
EASY. you can do this with your quarterback or running back, i personally find it easier doing it with the fast quarterback

Complete a 30 Yard Pass
Complete a pass for 30 or more yards.
EASY. throw a deep slant, make sure your on the opponents 30 yard line or higher

Complete a 60 Yard Pass
Complete a pass for 60 or more yards.
EASY. throw a lofted streak or a slant, make sure your on your 40 yard line or lower

Break a 30 Yard Run
Break a run for 30 or more yards.
EASY. run with the quarterback or running back, make sure your on the opponents 30 or farther

Break a 60 Yard Run
Break a run for 60 or more yards.
EASY. i find plays up the middle work fairly well, theres usually a hole and you can truck stick (right joystick up) your way threw the 1 or 2 guys left, or you can run with the quarterback easily

Allow No Sacks
Do not give up any sacks in a game.
EASY. just dont get sacked! common sense

Intercept 2 Passes
Intercept 2 passes in a game on defense.
MEDIUM. just play nickel 3 - 3 - 5 - 2 man, cover the middle with the zoned linebacker, you can pick it off with Y or more likely your computer will, not to hard the team just has to throw lots

Recover 2 Fumbles
Recover 2 fumbles on defense in a game.
MEDIUM. BLITZ like a fool!!! and use the HIT STICK!!! (right joystick), not to hard to cause fumbles in this game

Return Interception for a TD
Return an interception for a touchdown.
MEDIUM. this one all depends if there are any players around you when you pick it off, you can usually go the distance 50% of the time or so, ohios defensive backs can burn pretty much anyone

Return Fumble for TD
Score a touchdown after recovering a fumble on defense.
MEDIUM. blitz like a fool, hopefully causing the quarterback to fumble, and if he does youve got a jog into the endzone with no one else around

Make 4 Sacks
Sack the opposing quarterback 4 or more times in a game.
EASY. blitz like a foooooolllll!!! wont take long!

Held Under 200 Yards
Hold the opposition to under 200 total yards.
MEDIUM. see "Held Under 100 Yards."

Held Under 100 Yards
Hold the opposition to under 100 total yards.
HARD. ok for this achievement, its TOTAL yards, not just OFFENSIVE total yards, this is yards on the kickoff when you kick to the computer and they run it back, same with punting, and if they get an interception, yards after the interception. so for this one my best advice to you is: kill time, when your kicking off to them kick the ball as high as you can with almost max power they will either fair catch the ball or you have a free hit stick shot at them so they cant gain no yards there, kick it out of bounds if your punting, play a nickel 2 man defense, and again, kill time!!! run the ball and dont get a 1st down until 3rd or 4th down, killing more time in the process

2 Sack Player
Make 2 sacks in a game with the same player.
EASY. blitz like a fool with the same player and get 2 sacks! just blitz the outside with your linebacker in a nickel 3 - 3 - 5 - 2 man defense

Last edited by s1u5h13; 07-22-2006 at 06:03 PM.
s1u5h13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:09 AM   #2
s1u5h13

s1u5h13's Gamercard

2ND HALF OF GUIDE

Score a Safety
Score a safety on defense.
MEDIUM. ok you can cheat for this one, just go in a dynasty game, and get the ball on your opponents 3 yardline or closer, and turn the ball over on downs. then do a 4 - 3 blitz, with no zone men, and you should easily be able to get the safety

Shutout
Prevent your opponent from scoring any points in a game.
EASY. you can kill the time in this one if you want, just keep running the ball, and not getting a 1st down until 3rd down, and play a 2 man defense

Punt Return for TD
Return a punt for a touchdown.
MEDIUM. same as run a kickoff for TD

Kickoff Return for TD
Return a kickoff for a touchdown.
MEDIUM. not much i can say for this one, run a kickoff back for a touchdown, dont stop running or go backwards is my only advice, go forwards find some holes you pretty much have to break 1 or 2 tackles to go all the way, use the truck stick!

50 Yard Field Goal
Kick a 50 or more yard field goal.
MEDIUM. get on your opponents 35 yard line, i did this with ohios kicker, just get near perfect power on your kick, move the arrow down a nudge, and letter rip

50 Yard Punt
Punt the ball 50 or more net yards.
EASY. just move the punting arrow down just a nudge, and get almost full power on your meter, and youll get it, i got it with ohios punter

Block a Punt
Block a punt.
HARD. when its 4th down for the computer, let their play clock go down as far as you can until they make you pick a play (usually to 15 - 18 sec) and pick punt block, then let the animations go where the computers punter is going back and getting ready to punt and dont rush any animations, then as soon as you can move again, switch to your guy on the left side at the end, and by then there should be 4 - 5 sec left on the playclock, then at about 2 or 3 sec i jump the snap i just start running i dont hit Y or anything i just start running with him, and hold your speed burst and run hard at that punter, and press Y to get your hands up and block it. this one will take some people some time, but youll get used to this technique and eventually get it

Block a Field Goal
Block a field goal.
MEDIUM. play field goal block, and try to either jump the snap or push the line, ive gotten about 5 or 6 blocks now, and 4 of them were my computer blocking it, because they rush in like a bunch of mofos and dive and stuff

Score 35 Points
Score 35 points or more in a game.
EASY. youll have this by the end of the 1st quarter :P yes, its that easy with ohio

500 Total Yards
Gain 500 total yards or more in a game.
EASY. just throw and run a lot, eat up yards, this shouldnt take longer then 2 - 3 quarters

#1 Offense
Have the #1 ranked offense in a dynasty season.
EASY. throw A LOT, run A LOT, never give up on it just keep at it hard, i had #1 ranked passing offense and #2 ranked running offense and got it, just do A LOT of both and check during the season what place your total offense and defense is in (hit left joystick in when your in your team schedule menu and itll show you what place your in)

#1 Defense
Have the #1 ranked defense in a dynasty season.
MEDIUM. play a 2 man defense most of the time, your safeties will help your defensive backs cover deep, everyone else is covered, you wont get much pressure on the quarterback but theres also not much the offense can do on you

Undefeated
Go undefeated during a season in dynasty mode.
EASY. just play a season and dont lose! which is easy enough!

Conference Champs!
Win a conference championship game.
EASY. youll get this during your season on the 13th or 14th game, just make sure you play it not simulate it

Heisman Memorial Trophy
Win the Heisman Memorial Trophy with a player on your dynasty team.
EASY. finish a season by actually playing the whole season which is easy anyway, and run A LOT with ohios quarterback, and throw lots. i was getting about 300 rush yards a game with him and over 600 pass yards per game, i had the heisman in my hands already

5 Star Recruiting
Sign 8 or more 5 star prospects in your recruit class.
? im still trying to figure this one out myself ?

Bowl Win
Win a bowl game in dynasty mode.
EASY. after your 12 games in the regular season, youll play a bowl game. just make sure your team is good like a perfect record!!! and just play the 13th game, and win and youll get this easy achievement

National Champions!
Lead your team to a BCS championship in dynasty mode.
EASY. just win the national championship be the champs!

Dynasty Trifecta!
Win the National Championship in three back-to-back seasons in dynasty mode.
EASY. all i did here was simulate each game seperately and made sure i won (pick a good team, ohio state or florida), and after each game i won, i saved rightaway (left joystick press in to save). if i lost, just exit to the main menu and re load your dynasty and simulate again. i think i only lost 4 times through my 3 years of simulation. then on the 3rd and final season, play the national championship game, and youll get the achievement after you win the game

Mr. February
Have the #1 ranked recruiting class in a dynasty season.
EASY. Start a new dynasty and choose the 12 top ranked teams. Simulate the season. In the off-season, simulate to recruiting and quick-save incase you don't get the achievement. Simulate the five weeks and then check the top classes. One of your twelve teams should be #1

You will receive the achievement when you simulate through the whole recruitement stage.
THANKS TO SECRET ELEPHANT FOR HOW TO GET THIS ACHIEVEMENT EASILY

60 Year Dynasty
Complete 60 years of Dynasty.
HARD. well its not really hard at all, just VERYYYYY time consuming. simulate 60 seasons, very time consuming

Last edited by s1u5h13; 08-01-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
s1u5h13

s1u5h13's Gamercard

3RD HALF OF GUIDE

Perfect Game
Bowl a 300 Game
EASY. play on freshman (easiest skill level), find a slotback doing a nice slant to the endzone, itll work 99% of the time, if not run with ohio states quarterback :P this ones easy

High Score - Option Dash
Score 15,000 or more points in Option Dash.
MEDIUM. this one might take some time, play on freshman, you do options the whole mini games, and depending on the defense blitzing or not depends on the outcome of the mini game. just keep pitching the ball off to the running back (LT), when your about to get smoked with the quarterback, or fake the toss (LB) if the defender is coming for you

Win Tug-of-War
Win the Tug-of-War mini-game.
EASY. simple simple simple, just SCORE. if you score on your 1st play, you automatically win. just beat the computer to the endzone which wont be hard at all on freshman skill level

Secret achievements

Junior Varsity Level
250G in NCAA Football 07

just get 250 achievement points in the game and youll get this
worth ZERO points

Varsity Level
500G in NCAA Football 07

just get 500 achievement points in the game and youll get this
worth ZERO points

All-American Level
750G in NCAA Football 07

just get 750 achievement points in the game and youll get this
worth ZERO points

Heisman Level
1000G in NCAA Football 07

get ALL achievements, 1000 points worth to unlock this ZERO point achievement!

Last edited by s1u5h13; 07-21-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:14 AM   #4
s1u5h13

s1u5h13's Gamercard

i just need a good description of the mr february and 5 star recruiting achievements as i am unsure of these myself. if anyone else can give me a good description of those so i can add them to the guide that would be great

Old 07-21-2006, 01:53 AM   #5
scoobydiesel

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Looks good to me, but some may need more in depth but for normal look and do kind of guide it works.

nice :-p

Old School member.
scoobydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:56 AM   #6
AJJets107

AJJets107's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Thanks I am going to use this when I rent it.
AJJets107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:36 AM   #7
joshuagainst

Send a message via AIM to joshuagainst

joshuagainst's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1u5h13
i just need a good description of the mr february and 5 star recruiting achievements as i am unsure of these myself. if anyone else can give me a good description of those so i can add them to the guide that would be great
mr feburary means you have the top recruit class, use a top 5 team (Ohio State, Texas, USC) and get as many 5 star and 4 star recruits, getting eight 5 star recruits should do it along with like four 4 star recruits
joshuagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:15 AM   #8
s1u5h13

s1u5h13's Gamercard

thanks josh

Old 07-22-2006, 04:15 AM   #9
killerjt

killer jt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It looks great, but I see one think that is not right. You can get allot of the achievments without doing dynasty. You can just do a scrimmage. And for the 60 years of dynasty, I did not have to play the last game.

http://x360a.org.myminicity.com/ind

Visit My City each day.

http://killerjt.myminicity.com/

Last edited by killerjt; 07-22-2006 at 04:46 AM.
killerjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:30 AM   #10
bdg7884

bdg7884's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
^^^^ This is true.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #11
s1u5h13

s1u5h13's Gamercard

coo good to know

ok i fixed it up

Old 07-23-2006, 01:00 AM   #12
D0NALD DUCK

Thanks for this! I blocked my first punt on my second try with your suggestions. Thanks!
D0NALD DUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #13
s1u5h13

s1u5h13's Gamercard

awesome glad to hear donald duck

Old 07-24-2006, 01:36 AM   #14
U2MOFO

Send a message via MSN to U2MOFO

U2NUMB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Looks great... thanks for the many little tips you have there. I should have my copy this week... gonna just play the game a few times normally then give some effort on some of these achievements. I will be using your guide.. thanks!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:44 AM   #15
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Worthy of a sticky me thinks Keep up the good work

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:03 AM   #16
killerjt

killer jt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister
Worthy of a sticky me thinks Keep up the good work
More like a spot on the home page.

Visit My City each day.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #17
s1u5h13

s1u5h13's Gamercard

hehe thanks i will be adding the info to mr feb. and 5 star recruiting achievements once i gather just a bit more info from the forums itll be soon

Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #18
hogowner

hogowner's Gamercard
just a question here about winning a confrence championship, i used ohio state went undefeated and did not get this achievement is this because the big ten does not play a confrence championship game? i am playing florida now and will see if theres will unlock it because the sec has a confrence title game.
hogowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerjt
More like a spot on the home page.
Becuase it's improving, not yet, BUT it's heading in the right direction

Watch this space

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 AM   #20
TRU$T

TRUST 21's Gamercard
Had the same problem...they do in the Big Ten, but ur record was too good in ur conference. Meaning the other teams in the Big Team had records below yours and you received a bye because you won the conference by having the best record throughout the year.

Good way to get the achievement (besides luck) is to become the user of more then one team. Pick decent teams like Notre Dame, Miami, USC/etc and sim those games. Hopefully one of those squads will end up with a conference championship game at the end of the year. Just play the conf championship game (win) and cha-ching...unlocked achievement! = )
TRU$T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #21
HellzManik

Send a message via MSN to HellzManik

BS HellzManik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Gears of War Tournament Winners
Does anyone know if you can still get the achievements with the PLAY CLOCK turned off???

I'll probably try it later today if nobody has tried it already!!!

Twitter= @TerryAdy
Website= terryady.com

My 360 Blog
My Halo 3 Stats
HellzManik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:32 AM   #22
OnyxStorm

This is better than some of the guides that ARE on the front page...

Question - can you receive the Mr February and similar achievements through simulation?

Onyx
OnyxStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #23
HellzManik

Send a message via MSN to HellzManik

BS HellzManik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Gears of War Tournament Winners
I got these achievements by simming:

Mr February
#1 Offense
#1 Defense
Heisman Trophy
Undefeated

I'm not sure if any of the others work yet.
PeAcE

Twitter= @TerryAdy
Website= terryady.com

My 360 Blog
My Halo 3 Stats
HellzManik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:49 PM   #24
p00ndawg

field goal achievemnt

if you create a field goal kicker with maxed out stats you can do it even easier..worked for me ..then just get to the 35 yard line and kick the field..did it in one try..
p00ndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #25
motoo344

I simmed through my firsy dynasty year and one the national championship. I did not get the credit for it, do I need to play that game?

motoo344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #26
killerjt

killer jt's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoo344
I simmed through my firsy dynasty year and one the national championship. I did not get the credit for it, do I need to play that game?
For this one you have to play the game.

Visit My City each day.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #27
motoo344

Thanks, not a problem, I was gonna play it too!

motoo344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #28
Silent Kitten

Silent Kitten's Gamercard
Hey man, your guide helped me out a lot. Thanks.
Silent Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:04 AM   #29
I SeVeR I

I SeVeR I's Gamercard
Thanks a lot. Guide helped, but is it possible for a guide to have 3 halves? :P Eh, not that it matters at all.
I SeVeR I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:20 PM   #30
CxF Pr0v0k3d

CxF%20Pr0v0k3d's Gamercard
Just a few hints for some of the acheivements.. that i dont think were said, is that u can turn offsides off and block a punt very easily, but its kinda cheap :-D. Also for option dash when u break out for a touchdown do a lot of spins before the end zone if its safe to do so without getting tackled. I racked up 4000 for 1 touchdown :-D
CxF Pr0v0k3d is offline   Reply With Quote