PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Virtua Fighter 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2007, 03:45 AM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements here.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
Ruthless
Banned User

Ruthless x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Does anyone understand these? i dont know what each one means, however they do look easier than DOA 4, secrets are probably online onesas theres none in that lot, wat does character data mean? i'll check back soon and see if anyone knows anything.
If these achievements are easy i will probs get it.
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
sR sHIBUYArAVE

sR sHIBUYArAVE's Gamercard
You have your own character data which you take with you for each character. Kind of like your personal card.
The achievements look fair but not especially easy. It will be interesting to see what the secret achievements turn out to be. Should be a lot of fun.
sR sHIBUYArAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
Larcenous1

Disingenuous's Gamercard
The 'sega arena' ones are confusing me. Are they in a mode in the game, or are they some sort of online tournament thing?
Larcenous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:23 AM   #5
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah some are confusing but these achievements are time consuming especially collecting all the items. There are a shit load of fucking items in that game. I like these achievements and I know I'm going to be playing this game like crazy when it comes out.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Yeah, me too... Looks VERY similar to VF4 evolution, though. I hope the secret achievements are multiplayer achievements, because I intend to spend most of my VF5 time online...

EDIT: don't think you'll get the 1000 easily on that one. I guess one of the secret achievements must be about reaching the Champion Rank in quest mode, and this + collecting every item = 100 hours of playtime in VF4 evo, if you had ninja skills and ninja training. And VF5 ships with a better AI and more collectibles...

Last edited by Devolon; 10-01-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Devolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devolon View Post
Yeah, me too... Looks VERY similar to VF4 evolution, though. I hope the secret achievements are multiplayer achievements, because I intend to spend most of my VF5 time online...

EDIT: don't think you'll get the 1000 easily on that one. I guess one of the secret achievements must be about reaching the Champion Rank in quest mode, and this + collecting every item = 100 hours of playtime in VF4 evo, if you had ninja skills and ninja training. And VF5 ships with a better AI and more collectibles...
Yeah, this is going to be a tough 1000 and a lot of time consuming involved. I'm going to have fun trying to reach Champion Rank, I know that wasn't easy on VF4 Evo.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #8
Shinsetsu

Send a message via AIM to Shinsetsu

Shinsetsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I played the hell out of this on the PS3, hell it was the only game I used it for. So these achievements dont bug me too much. The beat the game with every character though, I can't STAND using El Blaze or Jeffry. But yeah I probably logged 150 hrs in quest mode with Lau and NEVER got all the items or emblems.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #9
Kumubou

Kumubou's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Some of these need to be explained if you haven't played the PS3 version. The "Champion of " achievements are for beating all of the AI opponents at each arcade (yes, the quest mode has you going around playing a virtual fighting game in virtual arcades against virtual opponents. That's some heavy self-referential stuff there). The tournaments are tied to specific arcades that have various unlock conditions. Items also have specific unlock conditions (which is how you can play for 100+ hours and not be complete). On top of that, this game has more items than the PS3 version. Thankfully they don't make you unlock all of the items and emblems with everybody (that would just be sadistic; that would be a time sink on the levels of Rumble Roses XX or DoAX2, and would be 100x harder to boot).
Quote:
VF5 ships with a better AI...
From my experience, the AI in VF5 is far worse than in VF4:Evo on the PS2. CPU doesn't even freakin ground recover properly. AM2 says they addressed this in the X360 version, but we'll see...
Kumubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #10
killlah631

Weezy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
These achievements look really easy, although there is still some secret and I haven't played the PS3 version at all yet...but by the looks of it it will be fun and a lot easier than DOA4's...

Completed Retails:

GSL V The CURSE
Start Score: 38,700|+5,670|+2,225|+2,295|+2,675|+2,210|

thanks to Skillet98!
killlah631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 AM   #11
xxN3CROMANC3Rxx

xxN3CROMANC3Rxx's Gamercard
Im just hoping theres no lagg online.
xxN3CROMANC3Rxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #12
matty cheetham

Matty Cheetham's Gamercard

good achievements didnt like the demo though.
---
matty cheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 AM   #13
Shpeshal Ed

Shpeshal Ed's Gamercard
I wanna do the Dural achievement. Anyone know if Normal applies to both Normal mode instead of score attack AND Normal diffculty?

Or can I just beat it on easy with every character and still get the achievement?
Shpeshal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #14
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
About the "champion of the X arena" achievements, those are gonna be VERY time consuming: to unlock each achievement, you'll have to beat every resident fighters of the arcade, and there's like 100+ fighters per arcade, and they appear randomly when you start to fight -it's a kumite-style fight, meaning you start and the game randomly throws new opponents at you as long as you keep on winning.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #15
ArneZ
Banned User

awsome game, didnt play it on PS3....so its was a suprise for me that it would be so cool. But the achievements, the area achievements (beat every character) I dont have to play the whole area in one playthrough? I can go to tournaments and stuff like that without start over fighting 100+ more fights again?
ArneZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #16
shannra666

yes you can leave thefights for a tournament.
all the fighters in each arena comes randomly.

very time consuming but brings also fun
shannra666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #17
Waylander73

Waylander73's Gamercard
Anybody know if you can play to boss with favourite character and then die and switch character, beat boss, rinse repeat with all characters and get Achievement?

Thanks to narcolepticshee for sig
Waylander73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #18
ArneZ
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander73 View Post
Anybody know if you can play to boss with favourite character and then die and switch character, beat boss, rinse repeat with all characters and get Achievement?
dont think thats possible casuse it saves each play after the final standings.
but im not sure, i got the achievement the normal way ;D
ArneZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #19
Shinsetsu

Send a message via AIM to Shinsetsu

Shinsetsu's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander73 View Post
Dural is rather hard if you're using a character you're not familiar with. If you lost against Dural in the PS3 that would be it, they didn't let you continue. So that trick wont be that helpful to switch since you lose with your main and are screwed over.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #20
Decoye

Decoye Gheist's Gamercard
Nope you cant, because Durals Stage is Bonus Round, if you loose Game is Finished doesnt have effect on your Time or Score too...
Decoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #21
Undrtaker

The Undrtaker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devolon View Post
About the "champion of the X arena" achievements, those are gonna be VERY time consuming: to unlock each achievement, you'll have to beat every resident fighters of the arcade, and there's like 100+ fighters per arcade, and they appear randomly when you start to fight -it's a kumite-style fight, meaning you start and the game randomly throws new opponents at you as long as you keep on winning.
Since I'm assuming the "real" fighters are the ones marked by a star, can't you just enter an aracade:
1. if you see a star - fight. win, quit, repeat.
2. if you don't - leave, enter, new fighters

any reason that wouldn't work and save alot of time?
Undrtaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #22
BDalex

its the other way round if the fighter has a star than that means you have already beat them so you just keep beating people without a star and quit and repeat
BDalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #23
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
i don't know about quitting, though: the game seems to put some emphasis on your winning streaks: maybe you unlock something if you manage to build a solid one. Maybe some hidden opponent or a rare item. It's a Yu Suzuki game, and this guy is really devious when it comes to collectibles (remember shenmue).
Old 10-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #24
neily

i got one of the secret achievements today it is called( orb master).

in Quest mode
collected 56 orbs and all orb items with the same character data (10G)

Last edited by neily; 10-27-2007 at 03:08 PM.
neily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #25
koolkris69

hey guys for the dojo achievement im having real trouble with the offensive and defensive moves, like the booklet describes it really confusingly any tips please?
koolkris69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #26
BDalex

me to i always get stuck halfway though were you have to press left right and then another million buttons
BDalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #27
shannra666

for all with trouble in arcade mode
go to settings
set one round, minimize life points of opponent, max your life points
then set to very easy
fight
it will unlock the achievement, and take only one and a half hour
:-)
shannra666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #28
Perxxxxx

Perxxxxx's Gamercard
in think theyre ok , some look time consuming and my friend said it gets alot harder further into the single player , not bad overall
Perxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:54 AM   #29
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkris69 View Post
hey guys for the dojo achievement im having real trouble with the offensive and defensive moves, like the booklet describes it really confusingly any tips please?
Offensive and defensives moves are some sort of lateral evasive sidesteps.

defensive: press up one time (don't hold), your character will perform a sidestep, then input the command (usually P+K).

offensive: press up one time (don't hold), P+K+G, then input your command (usually P or K).
Old 11-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #30
koolkris69

hey i have all the secret achievements except the 100g one for being in the finals, but ive been in the finals and won it for the last tournament i dont understand why i havent got it can anybody help please? thank you
koolkris69 is offline   Reply With Quote