PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > A-Train HX
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #91
borandi

borandi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Make sure the train is shorter than the platform it's going to. That seems to be a problem some people were having.

You can sell properties in the same screen as the stockmarket if I remember correctly. Wow, I haven't played this game since I wrote the guide! =P

Have you an Xbox 360 legacy?
http://360voice.com
http://x360a.org
http://trueachievements.com

=1st WORLD 100% PDC Darts=
=1st UK 100% Beautiful Katamari=

=2nd UK 100% NBA Ballers=
=10th World/2nd UK 100% Buku Sudoku=
borandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #92
Veyron

After DarkK's Gamercard
Lol, will try it now , thanks

Edit - Got it now, you was right about the platform and you can sell property by going onto the market tab and pressing LB a few times

Last edited by Veyron; 03-24-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Veyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #93
TWH Neo 3466

TWH Neo 3466's Gamercard
I know its been a while since the last posting.

But does anyone or has anyone had problems with the game crashing? I get about 20 minutes and then it goes t*ts up!!!

I am about to through the game out the window it is winding me up that much.... Get going and then NOTHING... Have to reboot the machine

Working on :- Too Many!

TWH Neo 3466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #94
TWH Neo 3466

TWH Neo 3466's Gamercard
I give up... I tried changing all the settings and still I get 21-25 minutes (as I was really sad and timed it)

I think I am going to trade the mother in... And be done with it

Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 AM   #95
borandi

borandi's Gamercard

Sounds like a scratched disc / duff copy

Have you an Xbox 360 legacy?
http://360voice.com
http://x360a.org
http://trueachievements.com

=1st WORLD 100% PDC Darts=
=1st UK 100% Beautiful Katamari=

=2nd UK 100% NBA Ballers=
=10th World/2nd UK 100% Buku Sudoku=
borandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #96
The Pink Catt

AHN Pink Catt's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #97
bigrichienice1

bigrichienice1's Gamercard
i had no idea what i was doing until i read Borandi's guide, managed to get 710 gs within 7 hours, i think the rest is gonna be a lot more difficult but great guide thanks man
Old 04-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #98
TWH Neo 3466

TWH Neo 3466's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by borandi View Post
Sounds like a scratched disc / duff copy
I eventually had to buy another machine as the drive went on the last one, and a couple of weeks ago I bought another copy of this game wanting to finish the game off............and YES that copy crashes too!!!!!

I give up

Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #99
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I just started this game today and I am just up to the part with the stocks and I am so confused. I think I am gonna play something else.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #100
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
good guide thanks
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #101
CheshireMulisha

CheshireMulisha's Gamercard
Great guide Borandi!
You've helped me achieve 1000gs relatively easily, thanks a lot!

Looking to boost: Midnight Club: LA, NHL2K10 & Panzer General

Happy to boost for others: Speedball 2 (Sorry I no longer own HC: Great Battles Medieval so cant boost that any more)

Need help boosting? Send me a message with the game/achievement you need help on along with a friend request or I won't accept!
CheshireMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #102
seanrock101

seanrock101's Gamercard

How does the stock market achievement work? and is it supposed to pop at a certain time?
I added up all the profit I made and its around 23 billion and still no achievement....any advice?

seanrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #103
Vindogga8

Vindogga8's Gamercard
Awesome thanks.
Vindogga8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #104
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
A great guide, many thanks, helped me through what was the biggest pile of horse shit I have ever played in my life!

Guide=Invaluable and excellent

Game=Utter Bollocks!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #105
MaseJ

masej's Gamercard
Thanks Borandi. I've just completed my 1k after starting in Apr 2008 and taking a looooong break.

Completed:
| Retail: 100 | Arcade: 47 |

Last Game Completed:
| Retail | WWE 2K14 | (6/7/14) |
| Arcade | Karaoke | (6/7/14) |

Boosting:
| GTA IV + DLC: 655/1500 |
MaseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:49 AM   #106
Bringin SXC bak

Bringin SXC bak's Gamercard
I feel so lucky, I just got the subway mall expansion achievement after only 24 malls
123,456 Gamerscore unlocked at 12:34:56am on 7/8/9

People that write guides without a roadmap... Why do you even exist?! Write a damn roadmap!!!
Bringin SXC bak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #107
YungAssasin32

Send a message via Skype™ to YungAssasin32

ii x Etchells X's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by borandi View Post
borandi's Quick Start Guide to A-Train HX
=========================================

Courtesy of http://borandi360.blogspot.com

This guide is for people to follow in order to get over half of the GS in A-Train HX without playing about too much with the core gameplay. This strategy worked for me (640GS in ~5hrs) and I hope it does for you too.

I'll start as if you've just put in the game without reading the manual (I didnt get a manual as it was a LoveFilm rental).

Edit - The basic principle is 'Get Money Quick'. When this guide was first written here, we used the stock market. However, a quicker way has been discovered using Property. See the Youtube video in the third post to see how. The Stock Market method will remain here so people can learn the controls or cant follow the videos.

When you've selected your storage device, you'll come up against the main menu. Here, use the D-pad to navigate (the D-pad and left analog stick do different things in this game, and you'll be using the D-pad a lot). Select New Game and there are eight different scenarios for you to conquer. Choose the one in the top right, called Clear River and Rice Paddies - this map is easy, it's what I did most of my early achievements on, and you start with 1 billion monies (for ease of use, I'll just put $ from now on).

When the map starts, press start. This is the instant pause button in the game.

Now we look at the HUD provided. Currently selected in the top left is what I'll call the Game Menu which uses a twist style function to navigate. If you press RB, the speed is now selected - this is in the top right corner, and should now be flashing. You can use the D-Pad left and right to adjust the speed, or press up on the D-Pad to set the speed back to normal. For this guide, I suggest putting it all the way to the right, as we need to sim a lot of days to get these achievements.

Pressing RB again takes us to the cutaway guide, to the right of the speed. This is for when you want to build in mountains or underground. RB again takes you to the bottom right, where the train selector is. Here you can view the path each train takes on its day. RB again brings up the calendar, and here you can set dates where your timer will automatically stop. This is useful on Tax Days (1st Apr and 1st May I believe) so you can cobble funds together. RB a final time brings us back to the Game Menu.

The Game Menu is fairly intuitive. However, if you want to delete a piece of rail, you have to select the rail menu and go to the delete function there - same applies for buildings, you have to use the construction delete funtion for those.

But the main crux is the market menu, which brings up the stock market. Go there now (highlight it, press A).

There are 50 companies from which you can buy stock. Now with any stock market, you have to use the 'buy low and sell high' strategy. This game can be a bit picky with stock market rises and falls, so keep an eye out of those.

To get these easy achievements, we need to make lots of money on the stock market - about 12 billion to begin with. Now as a general rule, I buy below $7 a share, and sell above $13. You can't make any money with small gains, as every time you buy or sell, 10% is charged as a commission fee. Sometimes the game will take shares as low as $1, or as high as $20, so we need tactics to counteract that too.

From the beginning, the shares are usually around $8, so try and buy the cheapest you can find. You can press Y to increase the amount that you buy (up to 10 million). Buy as many as you can, but leave at least 200 million in the bank - this is very important; you're current funds are in the top center right of the screen. You can only buy 10 million shares from each company, but you can buy shares from as many companies as you like.

When this is done, press start. Now you will see the days go by quickly, and the stock prices rising and falling. As a market, they rise as a group and fall as a group, so you wont see $4 on one set and $16 on the other, they'll all be around $4 or around $16, etc. Also, share price is not based on how well you play each scenario - its random.

As the days go by, you'll see the odd message saying 'the stock market is falling!' or 'the stock market is surging!'. As a general rule, ignore these messages. Most of them are hoaxes - some of them are true, but most spout the most purile lies.

Stick to your stock screen until the majority of the 5 prices you are looking at reach above $13 - this could take 2 minutes or 10 minutes as the stock market is random. When this happens, press start to pause the game. Now we need to save the game. This is done by going to the Game Menu, and selecting File, then Save. [Note, you cannot overwrite a save game - it has to be deleted first by pressing X, then you can save it the slot]. Once that is done, go back to the market. Press right on the D-pad, and what said 'Buy shares' now should say 'Sell Shares'. Sell all the shares you own. Your money should now be over 1 billion by a small amount (I was by 160 million the first time). Now save the game again, but this time in a different slot.

Go back to the market, and resume the game. If after 5 days or so the stock market has risen, go back and reload the save where you had the shares. In general, this game does follow the same trends everytime after a save (at least for a short while), so this is generally a good indicator. If you reloaded, sim 5 days, and if it's still higher this time round, save before you sell the shares and after you sell the shares. That way, if the shares go up higher still, you can reload and save.

When the shares have peaked and you've sold them all, the market should decline again. This time, we're waiting for shares to dip below $7. This time, we save the game before you buy, and save the game after you buy. That way, if they dip below $5, we can reload the save with all the money and buy them at the cheaper prices. Again, buy as many as you can, but leave at least 200 million in the bank.

You need to repeat the buying/selling/saving process for a while. As you accumulate more money, you'll be able to buy more shares each time, and thus make more profit. About 4 billion is needed to buy from every company on the stock market.

Once you have around 7.5 billion, now we can go achievement hunting. Keep a save file with all this money, just so you can come back to it and get some other achievements.

In the market screen, press LB until you see the bank. Here, we need to take out lots of loan. Press Y until the loan amount is 1 billion, then press right on the D-Pad so it becomes a 2 year term. Then take out as much as you can (goto each line in the table and press A). You should be able to take out 4 or 5 billion, and your total money should now exceed 10 billion (the more the better).

Now goto the project sub menu of the Game Menu. Here, you can create Bullet Trains and MagLev Trains - which cost 600 million and 10 billion respectively. Create both on the map - they should be easy to place, this is an open map. These trains take 128 days to build, so sim through them until they are done. When they are built, you should get the following achievements:

Bullet Train in Service - 30GS
Complete the bullet train project to open a bullet train line.

Maglev Train in Service - 60GS
Complete the linear train project to open a maglev train line.

Railway Kingdom - 60GS
Total railway assets exceed the total of non-railway assets by over 15% when the game is cleared.

Harmony With Nature - 60GS
Blocks of trees exceed 300 when the game is cleared.

The Great Leap Forward - 60GS
Clear the game within 5 years.

Now reload up your save with all the money. Goto construction, a choose the small factory. Build 60 or so. After simming a day or two, you should get these achievements:

Factory Head - 30GS
Number of factories exceeds 30.

Company Expansion - 50GS
Number of your properties exceeds 60.

You can also build 30 stations, from the station menu. Any will do, the cheaper the easier though. After another day or two, this achievement will be yours:

Station Expansion - 30GS
Number of stations exceeds 30.
was never really intrested in playing this
YungAssasin32 is offline   Reply With Quote