PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-11-2008, 01:39 AM   #31
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Viper View Post
In regards to the rumored "Hotspot" (square of blocks with elevator in middle that leads to the Boss) for fighting the Hellish Kelolons in the Temple of Enlightenment I did some "research". I can't say that it is or isn't a "Hotspot" as I do not know how often they appear in other areas of the Temple, but I can tell you my personal findings. These numbers are not going to be the same for anyone (well maybe a few) because everything is random I just want to make sure everyone understands this. On to the data itself, out of 100 battles 22 were with the Hellish Kelolons and the other 78 were other monsters. That is 22% of the battles and took about 3 hours and 20 minutes (doesn't include travel time between location and save spot) to do all 100. The time it takes depends on how many battles you get with the Hellish Kelolons and how fast you can kill them.

Also I would like to say that the Hellish Kelolons used 2 other attacks that were not mentioned. The first was called Payback or something and was an attack on a single person that did a couple thousand damage or so, it rarely happened and I do mean rarely like 3 times out of the 22 battles I had with them. The second was called Kelolon Rush and was also an attack on a single person, did about the same amount of damage, and was about as rare. While they aren't used for the most part I feel they should be mentioned as they are apart of thier arsenal.
Excellent job! I'll hold off calling the hotspot official but I think everyone will appreciate your research. I'll go ahead and put those two other attacks in the guide. I honestly never encountered them myself but I definitely think they should be mentioned. Cheers!

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #32
Tol

I can confirm the hotspot rate. Every time you go down the elevator and then back up, you'll get 2x hellish at the next random encounter. If you don't go down and back up though, it seems to be totally random.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:22 AM   #33
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Updated the guide again. Since 2 members both said that if you go down the elevator and back up that you get a hellish Kelolon fight I added that. Please continue to PM me with guide corrections and post for things that need to be added.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:21 AM   #34
Dragon Viper

Dragon Viper 81's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For those who still need to level (after 40?) and plan on getting the DLC Seeker of the Deep you can level up faster and easier in the new dungeon. Of course the levels I give were tested with Double Experience skill on someone. I was already 99 with Immortals and in the mid sixties with Mortals when I started to go into the lower levels of the dungeon, so the first 10 floors I am only guessing on. I am only going to mention some enemies as all but 3 new ones (and 5 stronger versions of the new ones) are just stronger versions of enemies you have seen before. All floors ending in a 5 will have no enemies at all and some enemies in a floor group (1B-4B) only spawn on the last 2 of the group. Every battle will allow you to level once, up to the levels given.

Floors 1B-4B
Level 50? - Dark Mutation can only be hurt by magic, 2 new monsters, Prototype 1 and , they are nothing to worry about but wanted to mention them anyway.

Floors 6B-9B
Level 60? - Doctor Darkness counters magic, 2 new monsters that are stronger than ones on previous floors, Prototype 2 and , they are nothing to worry about but wanted to mention them anyway.

Floors 11B-14B
Level 70 - Prototype 3 has a new accessory but the drop rate is really bad

Floors 16B-19B
Level 80 - Steam K has a new accessory but the drop rate is really bad and Sky Reaper has a new Ring but the drop rate is bad just not as bad as the accessory drop rates on other monsters (I got 5 of the Ring before I got the Accessory from Steam K)

Floors 21B-24B
Level 95, 99 on certain battles
The Single Diamond Kelolon battles and the Supreme K (has new accessory but the drop rate is really bad) allow levels every battle up to 95. All other battles will take you to 99. Dark Kelolons (stronger version of Hellish Kelolons) can counter physical attacks and will deal between 5000 and 6000 damage, their attacks are Death Combo which is a physical attack that hits 3 times and deals between 5000 and 6000 damage each hit and takes them 3 turns to use, Dark Lightning which hits everyone dealing damage based on health of character, you usually end up with critical health afterwards, and Shadowus dealing a little over 1000 damage and takes them 2 turns to use. The Diamond Kelolons use Death to instantly kill 1 character. The other enemies are Platinum Kelolons and Faceless Defender but are nothing to worry about. I found that Leveler is the best thing for the Dark Kelolons because they counter so much. My Ming and Sarah are level 99 with 9720 HP and do over 20,000 damage to them each cast with full or nearly full HP, were the Kelolons only have a little over 44,000 HP.
Dragon Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #35
Shad0wTroop3r

SoUL Last Hero's Gamercard
secret cave

wheres the seal

Last edited by Shad0wTroop3r; 07-10-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Shad0wTroop3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #36
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0wTroop3r View Post
wheres the seal
If you mean the seal to Gongora's secret cave, here's where:

Go through the residential district in Uhra to Gongora's Mansion. Enter his house and go out the far left door as you enter. The seal is out here.

Edit: I also added Dragon Viper's DLC guide

Last edited by Method; 07-12-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #37
X DarkSword X

IcemanX2000's Gamercard
thanks for the information
X DarkSword X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:00 AM   #38
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt9340 View Post
But thats the whole thing of RPG"sthey are supposed to take forever to play through and to get the max stats
And that's why I love 'em! .

Anyways, thanks for the guide, I can't wait to level up to 99 , I'm kicking butt at level 60 now.

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:48 AM   #39
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
*NOTE 2: There is a Hellish Kelolon hotspot in the ToE. It is located at the platform with the elevator you take down to fight Fu. If you go down the elevator and back up the next encounter you have should be 2 x Hellish Kelolons.
I'm not sure how that works as everytime I go down the lift and then back up, I get fights with everything BUT Hellish Kelolon . Is there some trick I don't know about? It's the lift that's in the middle of those blocks at the top of The Corridor of Timelessness?

I just wish I could fight some, I've been in the ToE for 30 minutes without one battle with the little buggers!

EDIT: Oh, that'll be right, I get two H.K fights right after this post .

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *

Last edited by ezekiel 08; 09-02-2008 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Update info
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:53 AM   #40
SC Defective

Defective Donor's Gamercard
For me (In Gongora's Secret Cave) it seems that once any of my guys hit lvl 49 they only get roughly 10xp per fight. Not complaining or anything, just isnt what was said about getting 1 lvl per 2 fights from lvl 48-50.
Easy fight though, not bad SP with the double SP skill.
SC Defective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #41
OutcastNeedhelp
Banned User

OutcastNeedhelp's Gamercard
What about grinding at level 17-20?
OutcastNeedhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #42
_DoTTeR_

Send a message via AIM to _DoTTeR_

Dotter x360a's Gamercard
You should just wait until disc 2 to start grinding and use the "gamble" technique. Instead of grinding from 17-21 unless you are stuck on a boss. I would say the krinsom(sp) forest.

eMo?
YES!
No?
_DoTTeR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #43
_DoTTeR_

Send a message via AIM to _DoTTeR_

Dotter x360a's Gamercard

Numara Atoll ^^^

eMo?
YES!
No?
_DoTTeR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 AM   #44
The Galilean

The Galilean's Gamercard
BUMP -- request for sticky
Old 09-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #45
Rink Rat 55

Rink Rat55's Gamercard
After putting this game down for a long time. I'm finally getting back to where I left off (right after picking up Sarah on disc 2). If possible, could someone refresh my memory on a decent team set-up early on & what to do about running out of mana (other than using mana replenishing items and save/reload trick).

Currently, I am using Kaim, Seth, Mack - Front; Sarah/Ming or Jansen/Cooke combos for back.

Thank you for your help.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #46
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Like most people i am focusing on skills and levels at the same time, but my immortalls jut got to levels 55 each and they are no longer earning any SP points towards linked skills?? How do i resolve this?

EDIT: Sorry, it was because i forgot you could only link from someone who is in the current party and fight etc. I've been playing with only 1 mortal in my squad at the mo and was linked to people in reserve so it wasn't counting.

Last edited by pined5551; 12-06-2009 at 10:27 PM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #47
TheKokiri

Send a message via Skype™ to TheKokiri

TheKokiri's Gamercard
AWESOME GUIDE. IT'S BEEN REALLY USEFUL
Just a couple of corrections - so make it even better

Quote:
The next spot to level up is the Temple of Enlightenment on Disc 4. Iím not going to go into detail on how to get there, but you will need the White Boa to ram through the ice on the most southeastern island. Once you have unlocked the area save at the save point and begin fighting the enemies outside the Temple before going inside. The enemies out here should earn you one level every battle until around level 60.
Not true - you don't level up to Lv60.
WITHOUT Sed in your party or the 'Double EXP' Skill, you gain 1 level per battle until Lv53, then it takes 2 levels to go up to Lv54 (you gain 84/100 twice) and then from Lv54 onwards you 54/100EXP per battle.
WITH Sed in your Party or the 'Double EXP' Skill, you gain 1 level per fight until Lv56, then it takes 2 fights to level up.
So I'd say, once you're Lv55, it's probably not worth staying out here.

Quote:
Floors 1B-4B
Level 50? - Dark Mutation can only be hurt by magic, 2 new monsters, Prototype 1 and , they are nothing to worry about but wanted to mention them anyway.
I tried this this morning and I have to say, it's not worth the hassle. The monsters here give you very little EXP - With Sed you gain 1 level per battle until Lv48, and my characters who were on Lv52-53 gained NO EXP WHATSOEVER. [But then as soon as you go down to B5 or B6 with Lvs54-54-53-48-52, you get OWNED in 2 turns. Game over. DAMN.] Still with Sed, you only gain 2 or 3 PC per fight, so that's no good either. ToE is FAR BETTER, I'm not gonna lie (When you're ~Lv50 anyway, because most people around these levels are worried about both Levels and Skills)
TheKokiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #48
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKokiri View Post
I tried this this morning and I have to say, it's not worth the hassle. The monsters here give you very little EXP - With Sed you gain 1 level per battle until Lv48, and my characters who were on Lv52-53 gained NO EXP WHATSOEVER. [But then as soon as you go down to B5 or B6 with Lvs54-54-53-48-52, you get OWNED in 2 turns. Game over. DAMN.] Still with Sed, you only gain 2 or 3 PC per fight, so that's no good either. ToE is FAR BETTER, I'm not gonna lie (When you're ~Lv50 anyway, because most people around these levels are worried about both Levels and Skills)
Solution: Equip all immortals with AT LEAST anti-petrify, if not ailment resistance. Then the negate elemental damage (this will make prismus & the flare attack do no damage to everyone but sed)

Then equip sed with medusa's head (to keep him from being stoned...haha get it?)

After this set of floors, you can equip something other than medusa's head. Leave the negate elemental damage skill on, as you'll continue to need it throughout the dungeon

I did this, and it's MUCH faster than leveling in the temple of enlightenment, as the battles are MUCH shorter. After level 48, go down another set of levels.

"The average white man thinks about sex every six seconds, but he only thinks about sex with a black man once a year."
Worhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #49
Tidus755

Tidus755's Gamercard
Thank you so much, this guide was very helpful!

Now wish me luck with Prof. K and for the Treasure-trove backtracking!
Call of Duty 4
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Enchanted Arms
Borderlands (1500)
Splinter Cell Conviction
Lost Odyssey (1100)
Mafia 2

100% Arcade (9)
Latest: Torchlight

In Progress:
Mass Effect (775/1200)
Bioshock (120/1100)
Scott Pilgrim (90/250)

Looking to boost: Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Send me a PM
Tidus755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #50
MaXx Ownage

MaXx Ownage's Gamercard
really helpful guide mate thanks time to hit up numara atoll for 50
MaXx Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #51
MGilli

MGilli's Gamercard
Great guide here my friend you made finding leveling places easy to find.

MGilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #52
Doktor Kafka

Doktor Kafka's Gamercard
Great guide and a lot of help. One thing though, Dark Kelolons don't take three turns to use Death Combo, most fights I had they used it in the first turn.
Doktor Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #53
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
DAMMIT! I had TWO Accelerators and died before exiting the area to save. Now I've spent about 2 hours running from everything except this robot, and the bastard never gives up the Accelerator.

Edit: 5 or 6 hours later I finally got a Rose Quartz. I left, saved, went back and beat the psycho kelelon at the bottom. If I didn't have like 150 game backlog, I'd take the time to get the 999SP for each immortal to learn the 1 Turn Cast and Zero MP just for crazyness sake. As it stands, I blew Treasure Trove somehow, so I'm leaving this game ~20 GS shy of complete.

Last edited by Viper187; 02-20-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #54
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thanks for the useful tips.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #55
chrcoluk

chrcoluk's Gamercard
if you have the dlc play through it instead of grinding at the temple. especially as you will likely be grinding for several hours for super rare items, that alone will get you many levels. The 2 items in the DLC are extremely useful, not only do they make spellcasting extremely fast but because they acessories they can also be used by slow casters mack and jansen.
chrcoluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #56
cyrodilicbrandy

cyrodilicbrandy's Gamercard
Excellent, thanks for this. Going to bookmark, because I just started disc 2.
cyrodilicbrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:59 AM   #57
MetalManZ

MetalManZ's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Very useful thanks for the info
MetalManZ is offline   Reply With Quote