PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Lost: Via Domus
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
DarthKoRn

DarthKoRn's Gamercard
What happened to my dynamite?

So, I've got a problem. In episode 5, where you need to retrieve the dynamite and blow the door, I seem to have hit a glitch. My first time through, I went, got the dynamite, and would run every few steps, so by the end of the dark territory, my dynamite was rumbling. No biggie. Then, I think I messed something up, cause the black smoke came after me right at the last one, and I ran into the tree. It seems that the dynamite blew up right as I hit the tree (my controller rumbled as I entered the tree), and it went into the cinematic for hiding from the black smoke. I then hit the next flag and got to the hatch. The only problem is that once I hit the next area (the hatch area), I didn't have the dynamite anymore. I guess the game thought I blew up before I hit the tree, but since I didn't die (cause it must have been so exact), I ended up at the hatch without the dynamite.

Bummer, but not really a big deal, right?

Fast forward to yesterday. (This part won't make much sense) I fire up the game, and decide to try again. I start to go back, when I realize I seemed to be missing some stuff (not sure why I thought this), so I try doing the "Play Episode" right from the main menu instead of continuing. I ended being even further back, but decided to just beat it right there. And I did. Got the dynamite, got it back, blew the door, played on the computer, and bam, episode is finished. But then it brings me back to the title screen. LAME! I guess you can't just go "Play Episode" to beat an episode you haven't beaten (at least not to go to the next episodes, but I still got the achievements).

Now we are at today, and I go continue. What the hell, I'll do the dynamite thing for a THIRD TIME. Urgh. But whatever, it will be done and I can finish this. WRONG! I work my way through the dark territory, get to the Black Pearl, AND THERE IS NO DYNAMITE! It is not there, I don't have it, and the hatch door is still barred closed.

What the hell do I do now? How do I beat this game without restarting right from the beginning???
DarthKoRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
DarthKoRn

DarthKoRn's Gamercard
This seems to be exactly my problem: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...089&pid=933473
Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
DarthKoRn

DarthKoRn's Gamercard
I'm thinking this is a bug, and that there really isn't anything I can do about it. I'm hoping to get a confirmation, but if I don't, then I guess I am starting over tonight.

*sigh*

Any ideas, anything at all, would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
DarthKoRn

DarthKoRn's Gamercard
For anyone that comes to this after the fact, I did indeed have to completely restart my game from scratch. It wasn't that bad. Since I had all the Achievements already and really didn't care about the story at that point, I breezed through the first half in under an hour. Wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
MakeshiftMinty

MakeshiftMinty's Gamercard
ive just got to the dynamite part and i pushed down rt and before i could take a step i blew up. how unstable is the dynamite? now ive gotta get past the black fog with its annoying patrol.
MakeshiftMinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
fuzzy510

fuzzyjw510's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeshiftMinty View Post
ive just got to the dynamite part and i pushed down rt and before i could take a step i blew up. how unstable is the dynamite? now ive gotta get past the black fog with its annoying patrol.
I'm going on the assumption that you've never seen the show?

________
Dodge super 8 hemi specifications

Last edited by fuzzy510; 04-05-2011 at 05:16 PM.
fuzzy510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
Judge Onions

the very same thing has just happened to me.....

I really dont know if i want to play through this crap again from the beginning, its properly doing my head in.
Judge Onions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
EsN Mitch

I dont know if this is right
but i didnt that chapter with the dynamite without running
so walk back and you wont blow up
aha
EsN Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #9
YouTube Freak
Banned User

x SC Freak x's Gamercard
Angry This also happened to me...

... and i had to restart the game.
YouTube Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #10
CHAINS4W

Send a message via AIM to CHAINS4W

CHAINS4W's Gamercard
It blowded itself up.

CHAINS4W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #11
Apocalypse1413

Apocalypse1413's Gamercard
I was wondering if anybody else had this happen to them. I had the exact same problem to a tee what you described. Thankfully you said it wasn't as bad as you thought so I will take your word for it and restart. I really don't want to though
Apocalypse1413 is offline   Reply With Quote