PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
Hurricane x360a

Send a message via AIM to Hurricane x360a Send a message via MSN to Hurricane x360a Send a message via Yahoo to Hurricane x360a

xG2Fx Hurricane's Gamercard
Achievement Disscusion

Disscuss the achievements, when they are revealed!!
Hurricane x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
A 1 Phenomenal

They look alright, could have been better. Secrets will probs be for online.
A 1 Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
davie mac

Davie MacAttack's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
They are very achieveable and don't see anything, even the secret ones, that should be anything above normal par for the game.

Unless there is an achievement for winning 50 match streak online like in 2007 then the game looks like an easy 1000.
davie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Wreckon Dracgon

Wreckon Dracgon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davie mac View Post
Don't see anything, even the secret ones, that should be anything above normal par for the game.

Unless there is an achievement for winning 50 match streak online like in 2007 then the game looks like an easy 1000.
What exactly.... Do you... Why would you... never mind.

I actually like the achievements this year. The games are typically fun to play and looking through the achievements it seems they actually want you to play the game through a few times, and at least once without simming. Should be fun.

Last edited by Wreckon Dracgon; 10-07-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Wreckon Dracgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
xJMx Joker

xJMx Joker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckon Dracgon View Post
What exactly.... Do you... Why would you... never mind.

I actually like the achievements this year. The games are typically fun to play and looking through the achievements it seems they actually want you to play the game through a few times, and at least once without simming. Should be fun.
I agree, i really like the look of the achievements this year, with previous years ive always hated the online achievements because i suck online. But these actually doable and fun. However, something that is slightly worrying me is the amount of road to wrestlemania achievements. Could this be to focus us on a certain type of gameplay or feature to draw us away from a bad feature? I doubt it, but i'm not sure.
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
King Kong
Surf's Up

Playing At The Moment:
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009: 170/1000
Midnight Club LA: 50/1000
Gears Of War II: 60/1000
xJMx Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Wreckon Dracgon

Wreckon Dracgon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJMx Joker View Post
I agree, i really like the look of the achievements this year, with previous years ive always hated the online achievements because i suck online. But these actually doable and fun. However, something that is slightly worrying me is the amount of road to wrestlemania achievements. Could this be to focus us on a certain type of gameplay or feature to draw us away from a bad feature? I doubt it, but i'm not sure.
Let's hope not... and at least they picked the biggest stars to complete the mode with... although not sure why Ray and Batista share an achievement. At least they aren't making us play through the entire mode using The Son of Finley... then again there are those secret achievements.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
xJMx Joker

xJMx Joker's Gamercard
i cant think of what the 200g achievement could be apart from either something about matches online or reach top of leaderboard, to completing road to wrestlemania on hardets difficulty with certain amount of wrestlers. other than those ideas, i dunno
King Kong
Surf's Up

Playing At The Moment:
Old 10-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
martdude16

KILL3R N4SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was expecting some more achievements, the ones they show are alright and hopefully the 200g secret achievement isn't stupidly hard.

Overall I'd say it's average, and yeah why would rey and batista share an achievement?

Did they have a storyline together recently? I haven't watched in ages.

martdude16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
xJMx Joker

xJMx Joker's Gamercard
no i don't think they did, not that i'm aware of, and i've watched raw pretty much every week. I seem to remember them being together on smackdown ages ago, but it also might be a hint to a storyline thats to come (after the title shot with Y2J)
King Kong
Surf's Up

Playing At The Moment:
Old 10-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #10
Taker447

Taker447's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
they look great to me but they could have put a few more in i think. hoping that they haven't made the secret ones for online as that would be lame to have to play online to discover the achievement. i can see the 200g secret achievement being for completeing Genreal Manager mode as per normal.

Taker447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #11
will i am not

will i am not's Gamercard
I might pick this up if there's no online achievements. I think they suck, expecially in wrestling games, the wrestlers aren't balanced enough and within 2 weeks everyone will be using the strongest wrestler.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #12
OneWolverine1

OneWolverine1's Gamercard
Im thinking that the Rey and Batista thing is to get it so you do coop story mode. One being Rey and the other Batista. Cant wait for this!

pixels/text
OneWolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #13
Vegetan

Kd Kidd's Gamercard
well i know that the rey/batista achievement is there cause their story is a tag team story and ya gotta complete it with both of them for the achieve.....i don't know why there ain't no cm punk wrestlemania mode achievement though.....anyone else find that a little weird since the rest of the stories have an achievement?
Vegetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
mugginyouoff

Salaryman Clev's Gamercard
CM Punk's could be one of the secret ones.

Looks like a real easy 1000G, kind of lazy of them only putting in 18 achievements. I just hope there aren't any "win 50 online in arow" type achievements.
mugginyouoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #15
davie mac

Davie MacAttack's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The achievements for this look easy as I said but it won't stop me buying the game. I like the Smackdown games but I feel they are targeting casual gamers who just want the achievements points rather than fans of the games.

For example, if your a fan of the game then you will probably buy it to see what the latest installment is like but if your an achievement junkie *sorry not meaning to cause offense to anyone* then you will look at the achievements and just buy it for the hell of it.

I personally would have had more achievements worth less points than a few worth in the region of 100-200 points and a few others ranging from 100 downwards. All I will say is I hope it takes a lot of work to get the "higher level" achievements otherwise its not really an acomplishment at all, merely points for doing nothing.
davie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
YouStayClassy

YouStayCla55y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetan View Post
well i know that the rey/batista achievement is there cause their story is a tag team story and ya gotta complete it with both of them for the achieve.....i don't know why there ain't no cm punk wrestlemania mode achievement though.....anyone else find that a little weird since the rest of the stories have an achievement?
Because the WWE will never make CM Punk look strong in any way, shape, or form. That extends to the digital world as well as real life.

Oh, and how hilarious is it Egomaniac HHH's story mode is worth more than the other single wrestlers?

Last edited by YouStayClassy; 10-08-2008 at 06:42 PM.
YouStayClassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #17
DevilsKnight

DK688's Gamercard
I'm quite surprised at how few achievements there are but they look pretty good. Glad to see the RTW achievements, I'll be playing through all of them anyway, and the Career mode should be fun too.

I really hope the 200g achievement isn't for winning 50 matches online, I suck online
DevilsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #18
xJMx Joker

xJMx Joker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsKnight View Post
I'm quite surprised at how few achievements there are but they look pretty good. Glad to see the RTW achievements, I'll be playing through all of them anyway, and the Career mode should be fun too.

I really hope the 200g achievement isn't for winning 50 matches online, I suck online
i suck online aswell mate, you're not alone
King Kong
Surf's Up

Playing At The Moment:
Old 10-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #19
afunk117

better than last year
afunk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #20
XxNoMercy94xX
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to XxNoMercy94xX

XxNoMercy94xX's Gamercard
The achievements this year look pretty good even tough there is only a few of them. I'm glad that they included Road to Wrestlemania mode achievements seeing how I'm going to play it anyway. Also the career mode should be fun too. The secret achievements are probably going to be online mode achievements seeing how every year they have online achievements. I don't really mind if they put online achievements as long as they don't make it win 50 times in a row like 07.
Hopefully the secret achievements won't be that hard and this game would be an easy 1000.

Last edited by XxNoMercy94xX; 10-16-2008 at 10:48 PM.
XxNoMercy94xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:12 AM   #21
Vegetan

Kd Kidd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStayClassy View Post

Oh, and how hilarious is it Egomaniac HHH's story mode is worth more than the other single wrestlers?
he only gets twice as many points because you have to complete his story twice taking two different paths...kinda like the rey/batista one only instead of two paths its with the two wrestlers
Vegetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #22
fatality292

Send a message via MSN to fatality292

Fatal Ferret 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
i hope its not online, online is rather terrible on wwe, when people do fight properly, or you fighting properly beats their spamming on an odd occasion you end up receiving a "nob head has disconnected because he cant take loosing message" and it didn't count as a loss for them or a win for you. stupid. i think so. thoughts?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:50 AM   #23
AntiMacro

BigOilersFan's Gamercard
Three of the hidden Achievements:

Hot Tag
Perform a hot tag in a tag team match and win. 30 G

5 stars
In Career mode, obtain a 5-star match rating. 60 G

Lights, Camera, Action!
Create at least 1 original WWE Highlight Reel. 30 G

Oh, and a tip for those going for the HHH Road to Wrestlemania one. Keep a saved game from week 8 or 9 - just before you make the decision on who you're going to support - DX or Evolution. You need to finish both to get the Achievement.
AntiMacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #24
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks for those hidden ones. I'll give those a shot today!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #25
BoyDay

BoyDay's Gamercard
I haven't unlocked it yet because it'll take ages, but I can almost guarantee that the 200g achievement is for winning each type of award in career mode - there's ones for doing certain numbers of taunts, finishers, reversals etc. and there's loads of awards so it'll take a long time.

I've unlocked a few rewards so I'll start a thread listing them later and we can all work together to complete the list.
BoyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #26
AntiMacro

BigOilersFan's Gamercard
The end of the road
Complete Road to WrestleMania mode using each selectable Superstar. - 200 G

That should be the last of the secret ones.

AntiMacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #27
pinmonkae

pmg2008's Gamercard
I am so glad there are no online achievements in this game. With any luck this'll be the first WWE game I can realistically get 100% achievements from!

I have my copy pre-ordered for tomorrow! One thing I was wondering though -

can you play co-op season/career mode as a tag team?

I am hoping you can...
pinmonkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #28
fatality292

Send a message via MSN to fatality292

Fatal Ferret 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
whos happy theres no online? i am
Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #29
CobranCommander

CobranCommander's Gamercard
I'm ecstatic there's no online. I'm definitely getting it now.
CobranCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:32 PM   #30
AgeOfOrton2009

x EaglezZ's Gamercard
im glad theres no online achievements but i think these achievements are to easy. i prefered the SVR08 achievements cuz they actually made you work a bit and were a little more time consuming but i hated the 30 streak online.i did the 200g achievement in about 4-5 hours.

but the game is alot better then last year. the new and reanimated moves look awesome,the RTW was a great idea and is brillant but takers storyline is over the top woth zombies and boogeyman's stick but create-a-finisher was a let down for me. your imagination is not the limit the game mode is.
AgeOfOrton2009 is offline   Reply With Quote