PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-24-2009, 04:22 AM   #1
Funky89

Send a message via MSN to Funky89

Funkypirate89's Gamercard
Few pointers for those struggling with kombo challenges

I just completed my last kombo and i wouldn't have been able to do it without all the help i got, so i figured its only fair i help others.
First off try to do the characters from easiest to hardest there is a list somewhere, i found batman to be one of the easier, and lui kang to be my hardest, but it differs depending on the person.
Second, i used a video guide on youtube, this guy actually explains how to perform the kombos and makes this a lot easier. if you get stuck, use the exact character and level he uses. His account name is dec1Bel718.
Third Shao Kahn makes most of the kombos alot easier use him for the most part, unless you get stuck, then refer to what i said earlier.
Fourth, for kombos that involve the juggling like scorpions #3, Jokers #9 , and Shang Tsung's #5 and #7, the last juggle should land right before you hit the ground. Once you understand this, these will become much easier.
Fifth, use the D-pad its much more accurate than the stick and will prevent you from doing random moves for the most part.
And last, do a few at a time and keep trying the more you do, the better you'll get. I hope this helps all you guys that are having trouble with this achievement. I am absolutely terrible at fighting games and i managed to complete all 22 and if i can do it so can you.
Funky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
New Venari

New Venari's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky89 View Post
Fifth, use the D-pad its much more accurate...
Hardly. I hit Left, and end up with one of the other three directions instead. This is on all 5 controllers in my house.

It would have been better if Microsoft made each direction a separate button rather than a big round pad that can mis-interpret what you're pushing.
New Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Dethstyle

Dethstyle's Gamercard
I must be even more retarded than I thought, I cant complete any of these damn Kombo's....

Stupid, * things... I just dont get it.
Dethstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
madd4

madd4's Gamercard
i cant complete either of those combos no matter what i try
madd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
SweetSteve Nash

i need help with all my kambo challanges if any one can get em 4 me that would be great plz
SweetSteve Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Dragon's Heart

phoenixreborn07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anybody know if these are any easier to do with the fightstick? I am getting one soon and am thinking about going back to this game...
Dragon's Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
I don't know why some people seem to think that owning a stick will miraculously turn them into a fighting game master. First of all: getting used to it will take you a long-ass time and second: by the time you are actually any good with the stick you probably would have been able to do all of the Kombo Challenges ten times over.

It just takes a bit of practice, they aren't nearly as challenging as the Hard Trials in Street Fighter IV and I ended up doing both on a regular 360 controller.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
Dragon's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennoman View Post
I don't know why some people seem to think that owning a stick will miraculously turn them into a fighting game master. First of all: getting used to it will take you a long-ass time and second: by the time you are actually any good with the stick you probably would have been able to do all of the Kombo Challenges ten times over.

It just takes a bit of practice, they aren't nearly as challenging as the Hard Trials in Street Fighter IV and I ended up doing both on a regular 360 controller.
I'm not getting it because I think it is going to make me better at the game, I am getting it b/c it is coming with the Tekken game that I preordered...I was just asking if it was any easier than using the regular controller b/c every time I try to use the d-pad/joystick on the regular controller it always adds in directions that I didn't push...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Well good to be honest I'd just keep at it if I were u, it really doesn't involve that many complicated button presses. It's mostly a matter of linking somewhat longer series of commands together.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #10
Dragon's Heart

Quote:
Well good to be honest I'd just keep at it if I were u, it really doesn't involve that many complicated button presses. It's mostly a matter of linking somewhat longer series of commands together.
I will probably go back to it and try it out again, I think that is all that I have left for the achievements...I just got irritated with it and gave up on it (I got sick of every time I hit a button it put in something else with it and messed it up)...It also doesn't help any that I have a really hard time trying to figure out what the commands even say as they are cut off on my tv to where you can't hardly read them...
Old 09-18-2009, 06:23 AM   #11
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Can't you re-adjust your screen settings?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
Dragon's Heart

Quote:
Can't you re-adjust your screen settings?
I've tried, I have problems with a lot of games...If there is any text at the top of the screen it is either cut off or too small to read...Some games are too dark to play (terminator salvation)...I've tried changing in game settings...I've tried changing tv settings, but nothing works...It's mostly only the newer games though...I dunno, I guess they are trying to make them where you have to buy HDTV or something to be able to play them, but I don't want to buy a new tv...Every time I do they die...
Old 12-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #13
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Ninja Kaspyr 83's Gamercard
honestly unless youve been playin since sega these are gonna be super hard!

i dunno if ima get them, prolly not, another full 1000g lost to a shitty game!

Ninja Kaspyr 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
MetallicaDan

Send a message via AIM to MetallicaDan Send a message via MSN to MetallicaDan Send a message via Yahoo to MetallicaDan

Un4g1v3N80's Gamercard
Yeah I'm having a hell of a hard time getting combos off. The D-pad is pretty random and when I start getting stuff done with the analog stick I keep hitting back by mistake which resets the level, lol.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #15
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky89 View Post
I just completed my last kombo and i wouldn't have been able to do it without all the help i got, so i figured its only fair i help others.
First off try to do the characters from easiest to hardest there is a list somewhere, i found batman to be one of the easier, and lui kang to be my hardest, but it differs depending on the person.
Second, i used a video guide on youtube, this guy actually explains how to perform the kombos and makes this a lot easier. if you get stuck, use the exact character and level he uses. His account name is dec1Bel718.
Third Shao Kahn makes most of the kombos alot easier use him for the most part, unless you get stuck, then refer to what i said earlier.
Fourth, for kombos that involve the juggling like scorpions #3, Jokers #9 , and Shang Tsung's #5 and #7, the last juggle should land right before you hit the ground. Once you understand this, these will become much easier.
Fifth, use the D-pad its much more accurate than the stick and will prevent you from doing random moves for the most part.
And last, do a few at a time and keep trying the more you do, the better you'll get. I hope this helps all you guys that are having trouble with this achievement. I am absolutely terrible at fighting games and i managed to complete all 22 and if i can do it so can you.

Do you have any suggestions for Jax's combo's 6 and 8, they're the only two i have left for this guy. i can do the combo except the last part i cant get the blinding light or the gun to input at the very end. suggestions, anyone?
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3

Attempting:
Payday 2 (950)

Last edited by Divine Infekt; 04-09-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #16
OdorlessFurball

OdorlessFurball's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My problem with the Kombo Challenges is that after a few hours my hands and controller get too sweaty to continue... I have to take a break! If one of the Kombos frustrates you, take a break and attempt it again later after you dry your hands off.
OdorlessFurball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #17
Criss421

Criss421's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips guys i'll try it again in a while
Criss421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #18
chanman

oCH40T1C CH4No's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Venari View Post
Hardly. I hit Left, and end up with one of the other three directions instead. This is on all 5 controllers in my house.

It would have been better if Microsoft made each direction a separate button rather than a big round pad that can mis-interpret what you're pushing.
I agree. I hate the D-pad on the X360. It messes me up on Gears of War 2 sometimes as well.

chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:40 AM   #19
Kinky Buns

Send a message via MSN to Kinky Buns Send a message via Skype™ to Kinky Buns

Kinky Buns's Gamercard
The only Kombo challenges I have trouble doing are those aerial ones where you have to time your attacks before they land, I can never do them. Pretty much on challenge #10 for every character and I can't complete them no matter how much I try lol

"Truly if there is an evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Tales of Phantasia -

Kinky Buns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #20
Drake669

Drake669's Gamercard
Well, I just got the game from gamefly and I got a good amount done but, JAX is the only Kombo Challenge I was able to finish, I got a few almost done but, they are hard to pull off with the 360 controller. I mean I do a half circle forward and it ( fireball motion ) and I jump all over the place. I also get the Kombos out but, not quick enough. The Kombo keeps ending before I am done. But I will keep trying to do them or this will be a game that I will never be able to finish!
Drake669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #21
Ninja Kaspyr 83

OK IMA SOLVE THE PROBLEM ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

HERE IS HOW I SETTLED THE WHOLE KOMBO ISSUE!!!

i sold my game....

Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 AM   #22
Kaldo

Kaldo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kaspyr 83 View Post
honestly unless youve been playin since sega these are gonna be super hard!

i dunno if ima get them, prolly not, another full 1000g lost to a shitty game!
I've been playing MK since the arcade, and then on Sega, and then everything else... And I still find these ridiculously hard. I don't know if being 27 years old has anything to do with it, but maybe I've just passed my prime where it comes to being able to beat these stupid challenges.
Kaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #23
normalipromise

Aarun Rung's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
If only the d-pad on the 360 controller didn't SUCK.

I have this trouble with ALL fighting games.

What really kills me is that I heard the UK got a special controller with a dpad with a more accurate d-pad because of soccer games. Apparently outcry for accuracy is even crazier in Europe.

normalipromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #24
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by normalipromise View Post
If only the d-pad on the 360 controller didn't SUCK.

I have this trouble with ALL fighting games.

What really kills me is that I heard the UK got a special controller with a dpad with a more accurate d-pad because of soccer games. Apparently outcry for accuracy is even crazier in Europe.
Hate to say it dude, but if you're still using the D-pad for every fighting game, you're living in the stone age. Learn how to play with the analog stick and you'll get infinitely better.

Problem is: you have no choice with MK vs. DC as the d-pad controls jumping and all other 2D movement.

And the thing about the special controller is true for Europe, but only in very limited edition.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #25
normalipromise

Aarun Rung's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Hate to say it dude, but if you're still using the D-pad for every fighting game, you're living in the stone age. Learn how to play with the analog stick and you'll get infinitely better.
Ha, sadly I also had this realization. Pulling off shoryukens with the stick is still odd to me. However, I think I've gotten a lot better. 3-D fighters (Tekken, Soul Calibur) feel more natural to me now with the stick, but I still gravitate back to the d-pad for MvC2, SSFTIIHD, and SFIV sometimes.

normalipromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
Herr Shaun

Herr Shaun's Gamercard
Whenever you have to input a combination like Down, Down-Forward, Forward + X, simply hitting the diagonal and the button is all you need to do (in this case, D, DF, F+X, you would only need to hit DF+X).
Old 06-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #27
Divine Infekt

i have all the kombo challenges completed except for scorpion, sonya, shang tsung, catwoman, deathstroke, kano, raiden, liu kang and darkseid. with only two or three left for each, holy shit, i never thought i would get as far as i did with them though. does anyone have any pointers to do deathstrokes smoke bomb move, i can never pull off d,d,b fast enough, same with scorpions jump punch, y, self fire move
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3

Attempting:
Payday 2 (950)
Old 06-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #28
Ninja Kaspyr 83

i gave up on this game...until they come out with a REAL MK game...i wont be playin this any more!!

Old 06-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #29
Divine Infekt

ok so i completed scorpion, catwoman, kano and darkseid. only 5 characters left. if anyone can give me suggestions on these remaining combos it would be great, i'll return the favor and offer advice for any kombo that i've done.

Deathstroke
sonya
shang
liu kang
raiden

100% Arcade:

Attempting:
Payday 2 (950)
Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #30
Dark Knight DC

From what I remember, Deathstroke's are differently timed then what it says on the screen to do....enter faster in succession I believe

Shang 10 was my hardest....God I just kept doing the move over and over again until it clicked....that one you have to kick the opponent at just the right height on 1st kick and 2nd kick so the 3rd one will hit before hitting the ground = TIMING

Raiden 10...just practice (I did) or use a wall (youtube)
Dark Knight DC is offline   Reply With Quote