PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #121
qSasukep

chaos420666's Gamercard
why are people so against cheats? dont you like to have fun playing games? or are you here for the leaderboards, omg yes! number 1, and i only spent the time i could have been with a girl doing so. dude, if you really have nothing better to do then yell at people for using cheats then im sorry, i bet they dont go into your thread and spam how much they cheated becuz you said you got it legit.

leaderboards are a scam, if i gave microsolf 100 $$ id be first on w/e game i wanted.

btw, i didnt even know they had cheats on this game and i beat them...... thanks for letting me know i can show my friends some cool parts w/o lookin like a jack ass
qSasukep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:58 AM   #122
UNDERWALLY

UNDERWALLY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qSasukep View Post
why are people so against cheats? dont you like to have fun playing games? or are you here for the leaderboards, omg yes! number 1, and i only spent the time i could have been with a girl doing so. dude, if you really have nothing better to do then yell at people for using cheats then im sorry, i bet they dont go into your thread and spam how much they cheated becuz you said you got it legit.

leaderboards are a scam, if i gave microsolf 100 $$ id be first on w/e game i wanted.

btw, i didnt even know they had cheats on this game and i beat them...... thanks for letting me know i can show my friends some cool parts w/o lookin like a jack ass
Right. ANtI-cheaters cry-babies OWNED
Old 07-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #123
THE ROUGE 117

THE ROUGE 117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe argonian View Post
yeah, but i still didn't use the cheats in half-life 2.
yeah, i am waiting for my xbox to get back and from what ive been seeing about the orange box leaves me no compulsion or desire to cheat on any of the games, none of them looks rediculously challanging.
THE ROUGE 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #124
UNDERWALLY

UNDERWALLY's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentyu View Post
actually you can remap the buttons so you dont need to crouch :P
OMG!!! hOW COULDN'T i THINK ABOUT THAT! YES! If i can change the controller to jump with lb, then it wll be so easy to get the steps achivements, casue I need to use a lot of boxes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #125
preppypoof

preppypoof's Gamercard
ok, this method turned what could have been a total horror story into a mild inconvenience:

so there I was, entering the elevator in test chamber 18 with seconds to spare for my last gold medal. FINALLY, I thought. I saw the achievement pop for the bronze medals when the horror of horrors happened: my xbox froze.

terrified, I turned my xbox off and then back on. While loading portal, I went to xbox.com/live to check my achievements. My worst fears were realized: the achievements for bronze and silver had unlocked, but not gold. I loaded up portal and went to the in game achievement menu, and the game had me recorded for 18/18 gold medals. so, the game thought I had the achievement, but I didn't. I quickly beat a level with a gold medal to see if it would unlock the achievement, but alas, it did not.

I knew the only way to clear the medal count was to *gulp* delete my user settings. Which meant that I had to do EVERY GOLD MEDAL AGAIN. Frustrated, I started looking for ways to glitch the achievement (something I never do, but these were extenuating circumstances - I deserved this achievement). My heart rose when I saw this method.

Because of this method, I was able to get gold medals on every single level in just a little more than an hour...and this time, my achievement unlocked. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #126
Indie Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Indie Hero

Indie Hero's Gamercard
I will probably end up doing this, and passing on the information to my friend as well. We spent most of last night busting our heads trying to get the achievements for the advanced rooms and apature science but gave up because it's so unbelievably hard.

pixels
Indie Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #127
rocket turtle95

rocket turtle95's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy W01f 816 View Post
I need help with Testchamber 16. It's the last one I need, but the turrets keep pushing me around.
invincibility cheat?
rocket turtle95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #128
iRob

x RetroRob x's Gamercard
Thank you very much. This helped me get my achievement after a year or so
Gears of War (1250) / Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n Bolts (1250) / Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare / Eternal Sonata / Assassins Creed / The Orange Box / Assassins Creed II / Batmasn Arkham Asylum / Dead Space / Mirror's Edge (1000/1250) / Resident Evil 5 (1000/1300) / Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 / Halo 3 (1750/1750) / Borderlands (1000/1500) / Assassins Creed II

100% Arcade Games [4]:
Banjo Kazooie / Banjo Tooie / Dash of Destruction / The Secret of Monkey Island / Shadow Complex

iRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #129
vitzzz

vitzzz's Gamercard
Ho-ly crap. When I first saw this I almost cried with joy since I was already expecting these challenges to be a total nightmare.. but even taking advantage of all cheats, "least steps" on chamber 13 was RIDICULOUSLY hard. I only have 2 golds so far, definitely NOT looking forward to the rest

---
vitzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:07 AM   #130
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

so wait do these cheats really count towards ach's? I just beat one of the least portals challenges with cheats and it said I cheated and it did not count on the tally screen in the pause menu toward my golds.... Is this normal and it just unlocks?
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #131
Mr Foxhound

mr foxhound's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by osakamitsu View Post
so wait do these cheats really count towards ach's? I just beat one of the least portals challenges with cheats and it said I cheated and it did not count on the tally screen in the pause menu toward my golds.... Is this normal and it just unlocks?
ALWAYS save before entering the elevator at the end. Start a new game, then reload your save file. Otherwise you won't get the achievements.

Mr Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #132
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Foxhound View Post
ALWAYS save before entering the elevator at the end. Start a new game, then reload your save file. Otherwise you won't get the achievements.
Good to know, and makes perfect sense!

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #133
Mr Foxhound

mr foxhound's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Whenever you enter a cheat, the game knows. By starting a new game, however, you disable cheat mode. This way you can bypass the game's cheat-detection since cheat mode is recognized as off when you reload your cheat save.

Mr Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #134
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
I don't have too much of a problem with least steps. I mean they are definitely challenging, but being able to put as many portals and take my time for precision makes them attainable for me. I just can't get the timed challenges. Even watching youtube I struggle with these. Especially the first one, I just can't do it quick enough. Even with cheats I am struggling with the timed ones.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #135
dropK1CK_ninJA

dropK1CK ninJA's Gamercard
Bah, test chamber 13 is kicking my ass. No matter what I do, I still get 21 seconds. The 360 controller was not made for this.

Last edited by dropK1CK_ninJA; 11-04-2009 at 07:14 PM.
dropK1CK_ninJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #136
Frankie Godskin

Frankie Godskin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T E R View Post
i wonder why i still can't put portals anywhere, the others work fine.
It's wrong in the video--he forgot the last "Y."

Portals Anywhere: YABABYYA, Right, Left
Spawn Cube: Down, BABY, Down, BABY
Invincibility:LB, Up, RB, Up, LB, LB, Up, RB, RB, Up
Old 11-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #137
BUSTER OF WAR

Send a message via Yahoo to BUSTER OF WAR

ExRz xBuster's Gamercard
I now have a good reason to play Portal again!
Yesterday I finished all 18 challenges but when I got to the menu and my achievement did not unlock I was annoyed.
When I checked my achievement progress I had 1/18 done!!!!!
My progress reset =(
Now I can play through the game to get the maps back and do them quickly.
I will only cheat to get what I deserve!
BUSTER OF WAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #138
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Damn you testchamber 13 timed for being a right bitch. This is all I need aside from Testchamber 15 timed. These times are quite ridiculous.
ErmacVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:13 AM   #139
hezekiah

The hezy's Gamercard
Any suggestions as to why the invincibility cheat hasn't been working for me? Got through the first half of time/steps challenges, but 16 would really benefit from utterly ignoring Farmer Shootypants and Deacon Walker Farm.
Halo 3 (1750), Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect (1200), TNA iMPACT!, NBA Street Homecourt, Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (1345), Rock Band, Guitar Hero 5, The Beatles: Rock Band, N+, Aegis Wing, Carcassonne, Bankshot Billiards 2, Worms, Dash of Destruction, Undertow, Hardwood Backgammon
Almost There
Guitar Hero II (49/50), Gears of War (57/59), Halo 3: ODST (46/50), Guitar Hero III (53/59), Uno (10/12)
hezekiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #140
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

The invincibility code doesn't have a confirmation text.

I think this exploit is perfectly fine, as even with the codes the game is still a fucking challenge. Also, this game was built for pc controls and as you can see in the vids it's impossible to have fast reflexes like that on the controller.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #141
BlakShadow82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFellaJake View Post
a guide that makes sense to me. shame im only going to use it on the least steps challenges. i think its stupid that if you move the left analogue stick the slightest bit, it counts as you taking steps
Yes! Oh my god, I hate the steps challenges.
BlakShadow82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #142
Rev. Link

RevLink's Gamercard
I still don't see how this helps with least steps.

It takes me like 5 or 6 steps to get in or out of the elevator, no matter what I do. I would have thought that portal anywhere would let you portal out of the elevator, but no.

So how do you get in and out of the elevators without adding a ton of steps?
Rev. Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 AM   #143
jassick

jassick's Gamercard
It helps because you don't have to actually walk anywhere. I'm not sure how you're accumulating so many steps on the elevators. You're not trying to jump are you? I've noticed that walking slowly tends to add more steps to cover the same distance as walking fast. The last challenge with barely attempting to keep my steps to a minimum was completed with 50+ steps to spare. So it does help. Especially the portal anywhere cheat.

As for the whole "cheating is wrong" debate. I look at it this way. I know how to multiply 14 and 27 and come up with a product. But given the choice between pen/paper and a calculator, the calculator wins every time. I know I can do these challenges. I had 6 already done when I found out. A few of them being the "hard" ones people in this thread are talking about. I'm just saving myself some time.

Also, you'll never hear me say I completed them legit, I will tell the whole world I used this method to finish them quickly.

jassick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:18 AM   #144
Im Famous Son

Adammm LOLOL's Gamercard
Talking Thank you!

This will help so much for that last Portal achievement!
Im Famous Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #145
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
how the hell do you do least time and steps medals?? any help is appreciated
Achievements-86% Points-84%
80,000 on 8-30-14
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #146
Vanilla Coke Zero
Banned User

canzz's Gamercard
i thought cheat codes disabled achievements?
Vanilla Coke Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #147
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Coke Zero View Post
i thought cheat codes disabled achievements?
you definitely did not read the thread nor watched the video.
cheat codes not disable the achievements. cheat codes not letting you get any medal, dough. BUT. if you cheat on a level, then save before entering the elevator, then start a new game (any level) then load your save and enter the elevator it won't recognise your cheating. this way you can get the achievements. confirmed.

for those who crying about cheating. i would never cheat against anybody but against a cpu? come on. some of us have a live and has not enough time/patience/luck/etc to finish these chievos. and still completionists.
some of us bought orange box for half life some of us for tf. but we still have to beat portal to get 1000. not to mention even with cheats these are friggin hard chievos and make you sweat.

for the op, i can say thank you very much, you just saved me from having grey hairs. or not having at all.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #148
Vanilla Coke Zero
Banned User

canzz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by psybOltOn View Post
you definitely did not read the thread nor watched the video.
cheat codes not disable the achievements. cheat codes not letting you get any medal, dough. BUT. if you cheat on a level, then save before entering the elevator, then start a new game (any level) then load your save and enter the elevator it won't recognise your cheating. this way you can get the achievements. confirmed.

for those who crying about cheating. i would never cheat against anybody but against a cpu? come on. some of us have a live and has not enough time/patience/luck/etc to finish these chievos. and still completionists.
some of us bought orange box for half life some of us for tf. but we still have to beat portal to get 1000. not to mention even with cheats these are friggin hard chievos and make you sweat.

for the op, i can say thank you very much, you just saved me from having grey hairs. or not having at all.
are you talking to me like i'm some sort of retard?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #149
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Coke Zero View Post
are you talking to me like i'm some sort of retard?
nooo. i just pointed out if you would read a few posts on this thread you wouldn't need to ask that. but since you did not read i wanted to help you by answering your question the best way i could.
the crying about cheat part was absolutely not for you.
peace.

edit: from where the hell did you get it that i think you're a retard?

Last edited by psybOltOn; 12-16-2010 at 01:07 AM.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #150
Vanilla Coke Zero
Banned User

canzz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by psybOltOn View Post
nooo. i just pointed out if you would read a few posts on this thread you wouldn't need to ask that. but since you did not read i wanted to help you by answering your question the best way i could.
the crying about cheat part was absolutely not for you.
peace.
my bad man. i just got confused. i'm the only retard here!