PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Culdcept Saga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Biohzrd451

Send a message via AIM to Biohzrd451

Biohzrd451's Gamercard
Match horror stories.

Let me tell you my horror story from last night.

So I get my copy of Culdcept Saga around 5:00 pm pop it in, and load up the first battle that was in the demo.

Now the first match I get worked because I never really payed too much attention to the demo, so the next match rolls around and I am beating the snot out of the chick when I notice that she is beefing up her last two monsters on the red squares right before the castle. So I get the message that I have enough TG to beat the map so I start making me way around, when the first set back comes I land on one of her territories but I dont have any monsters that can fight, so I pay the 30 toll and move on.

So now I am 3 spaces away from winning, and what happens? I roll a 1 and land on her highest level land right in front of me. You would think it would end there.... nope I roll a 1 again my next move and land on her second highest land... which causes me to go "bankrupt" and forces me to sell all of my land.

Needless to say I had a few choice words with the tv:P.

Anyone else got any matches like that?

CoD4, Bully, Bioshock

Completed Arcade:

Pac-man, Galaga
Biohzrd451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Shinsetsu

Send a message via AIM to Shinsetsu

Shinsetsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The same first chick kept passing over my areas, but the thing she annoyed me with the most was how she always had monsters with 10 hp more than damage I could do, and that stupid giant Rat. *sigh* but now i've kicked the s' outta her 4 times, and gonna keep doing it until I feel I have a decent deck.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
Biohzrd451

Biohzrd451's Gamercard
Have you ever notice that she seems to draw the perfect cards everytime?

Like she somehow manages to draw a orge the land on its land type.

I think once I beat her I will keep beating her to get some revenge.

CoD4, Bully, Bioshock

Completed Arcade:

Pac-man, Galaga
Old 02-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Shinsetsu

Send a message via AIM to Shinsetsu

Shinsetsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohzrd451 View Post
Have you ever notice that she seems to draw the perfect cards everytime?

Like she somehow manages to draw a orge the land on its land type.

I think once I beat her I will keep beating her to get some revenge.
She has 3 of each type, i've seen and counted, so yeah 12/50 is good odds to draw them. I'm just not a fan of how she has 2 Hastes/2 Slows.

One thing is for sure though. I love the Griffin Card.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
Biohzrd451

Biohzrd451's Gamercard
This one is even better has to do with one of my bone headed mistakes.

Was playing online with a friend a drew the Ares card, and was thinking cool it gives "me" a boost to my attack... wrong... it boosts everyones attack when they invade.

So anyway my best territory has my zombie dragon on it, and when my friend lands on it I am going crazy because this will clench victory for me, well in comes ares boost and needless to say I lost :P.

Be sure to read the cards alot of the boosts do more harm than good.

CoD4, Bully, Bioshock

Completed Arcade:

Pac-man, Galaga
Old 02-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
Cipher 8

I was playing on the 2nd level of the colisuim and we were getting down to the end, we both had TG of 4500+ and i thought it was match point at 5000TG and i was behind so im all trying to catch up or take his TG down. Getting worried cause he is going around the final corner, he ends his turn. I roll an 8. Im right behind him. His next turn rolls a 1. im can hardly control myself cause all i need is a 4 or higher to win. I roll a 1! A measly 1! ok turn over he needs a 1 or 2. He rolls a 3 lands right on the castle and goes to 5300 or so and im like shit, but the game doesnt stop. So i looked at the goal TG and its 6000, So im like yes! i still live! We go around the board again, battle in random spots. i get to my gryphon square and raise the land value to 5. Giving me a total TG of 8000+. He is still under 6000. He gets to the final corner again im not too far behind. My turn i draw Haste. Cast it on myself and roll a 6. I take the lead. Now he has to roll a 5 or less or he wins. He rolls a 6! My heart is ripped out!
Cipher 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
deathchant

T0rtureTactics's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
here is a story pretty much everyone can relate to. every 3 way battle in story mode, the ai will basically throw the match to the other ai. they wont invade with strong creatures, knowing they will have to pay a large toll, even if they can win the invasion. instead, they save all their items and creatures to invade my little crappy teritories, giving them no advantage and not breaking any of my high chained teritories. looks like i will have to tweek my deck again towards blue strength and use my kelpies everywhere and force them to stop on my high level teritories
deathchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #8
Biohzrd451

Biohzrd451's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathchant View Post
here is a story pretty much everyone can relate to. every 3 way battle in story mode, the ai will basically throw the match to the other ai. they wont invade with strong creatures, knowing they will have to pay a large toll, even if they can win the invasion. instead, they save all their items and creatures to invade my little crappy teritories, giving them no advantage and not breaking any of my high chained teritories. looks like i will have to tweek my deck again towards blue strength and use my kelpies everywhere and force them to stop on my high level teritories
Dude I know just how you feel. On the Coliseum III map Rilara would continue to feed Markt on his territories, but they would sure as hell fight to take mine away from me.

I am still stuck on the Desert level but I have been building my deck playing online with some friends, I think my Y/B deck can take him now .

CoD4, Bully, Bioshock

Completed Arcade:

Pac-man, Galaga
Old 02-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #9
lumbeecheraw75

LUMBEE3D's Gamercard
had one today, but only turned into a "horror" story after I had won. Was playing with my All Yellow deck to get the Kin to Air achievement. Story AI invaded one of my lands, with a lowbie character. I had a Storm Armor in hand which would have easily stopped the invasion, but figured there was no way he'd beat the creature I had out. Well somehow he did, I lose 16g, sigh, no biggie. ....... I go on to win by at least 7k...

End of Game, I'm looking thru the stats, and I notice this...

I only gave up 1 invasion.

sigh.... missed out on getting the Ninja Mask, out of sheer carelessness.... I tried repeating that same game with same Story AI, on the same stage, 2 times more.... always won, but never got even remotely that close again
lumbeecheraw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
deathchant

T0rtureTactics's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
figure i'd add, yet another, horror story. later in the game there are some 2v2 battles(wont spoil). basically you are on your own, cuz your computer ai teammate doesnt do a god damn thing. just discards every single turn. doesnt invade at all, and when they are invaded they never boost to save their territory. i would have rather played 2v1. at least i wouldnt get so pissed about the lack of playing of my teammate. damn you!

deathchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
Stretchnutz

DEAD STRETCH's Gamercard
I have one thats pretty harsh, I suck eggs and cant beat Coliseum III. I've tried 4 times with 4 different deck setups!...but the 1st time I battled them both I some-how put together a crap-ass deck, needless to say I wasn't getting Creatures and was rolling 4 or less and landing on one of their lands...buy like my 4th lap I lost due to no Toll and Magic!

Stretch

p.s. It's cool how they dont hand out the same cards for winning, cause my brother is a level ahead of me and has completely different cards. They should have let you be able to trade cards online...
Stretchnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #12
blackhandgang

blackhandgang's Gamercard
I just had my match horror moment. Last three rounds of Colosseum III. Both Markt and I have over 9000, so it's literally a race. By the end of the first round I'm only a square behind with most of his a Rilara's big tolls in front of me. I use my Holy Word 6 to get right to the bridge and leave me only 3 away. He lands on the last red square of the east area. So I'm great, just need 3 or more. And I roll a 1!!!!. then he rolls an 8. Grrrrrrrrr.

Completed Games (7): AC II, Civ Rev, LEGO Batman, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, LEGO Star Wars: TCS, LEGO Star Wars III, Viva Pinata
blackhandgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:51 AM   #13
zlionsfan
Subscribing Member

zlionsfan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Second Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The battle in Phoenixian, where you need 9000 to win. I land exactly on the castle, so I can boost any land, and by doing so I pass 9000 ... but that doesn't count. So my next roll is a 9. I came down the middle, so I can't go back, and the south part is 18 squares long, so either way, I land on his level 4 land. It's a barbarian I've wounded, so it looks good, and I'm using a Vorpal Blade ... but he's got chain mail, and that plus the land effect is just enough to keep him alive, which means I pay an 844 toll.

So I go around the south and end up with 8713. The next turn, I beat one of his guys, and so I start my turn in the castle with 9001. Again, doesn't count.

Thankfully, I completed a lap, and for good measure, even took one of his level 3 lands to cement a win, but for a minute I was thinking I'd wasted two hours because of crap planning on my part. (All that MTG experience helps with card-playing, but the tolls and stuff are a completely new twist.)

It's a sweet game, even if it has sour moments.

waiting for Skyrim

zlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #14
Wink360

Wink's Gamercard
I love this game. We all have horror stories but mine is more of having to build a new deck just for one dang battle.

Not to spoil too much, at one point you fight a good match where your enemy has an all neutral deck. I figure that I have it in hand with my killer B/Y deck that I have been winning everything with. A lap or two goes by and I have a ton of creatures out only to have the enemy use a spell that does 20 damage to all B/Y creatures. OUCH. Ok, I will keep going since I only lost 1 creature to that. Next round the enemy uses the "20 damage to all creatures that have taken damage" and there goes almost all my creatures.

I quit and try again rebuilding my R/G deck I had not used in a while. Get a few laps into the match again only to be hit by a spell of "20 damage to all R/G creatures". At that point I quit and built a new Neutral deck and kicked the crap out of the enemy.
Wink360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #15
zlionsfan
Subscribing Member

zlionsfan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Second Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathchant View Post
figure i'd add, yet another, horror story. later in the game there are some 2v2 battles(wont spoil). basically you are on your own, cuz your computer ai teammate doesnt do a god damn thing. just discards every single turn. doesnt invade at all, and when they are invaded they never boost to save their territory. i would have rather played 2v1. at least i wouldnt get so pissed about the lack of playing of my teammate. damn you!
Sounds like you had some bad luck. I won't guess which ones you were talking about, but I just finished a 2v2 where my teammate did a damn good job. (Good thing - I got hit with 0s twice and rolled three straight 1s during another part. I swear I was at least two laps behind.)

I noticed that the AIs do save their magic more than I might, and certain AIs don't ever play certain cards. I think that happens whether they're opponents or allies.

waiting for Skyrim

zlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #16
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Mine isnt that bad, but I had a time when I had depleted the computers magic, and I kept playing around with them building up my other characters! Im not sure how, but I had over 90k in TP and all I had to do is hit the castle. the computer had a few properties that they leveled up, and next thing I know they hit the castle AND WIN THE MATCH!!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #17
Kez

Kez001's Gamercard
Last night...it's late, I get to the 3rd trial and decide to start, barely awake, play for around an hour, my team's up to around 8k (10k goal on this map). No way I can stay awake at this point, so I turn off the TV, sleep a while, wake up early and play before work...take a few bad hits, get back to around 8.5k, but only carrying about 120 to pay tolls with...have Triumph on, coming up the last stretch, knowing I'm gonna be close to the 10k mark, prolly won't hit it....and I land on the opponent's level 5 land with a revenant sittin' on it...1800ish toll....enchantment on the land (revenant + enchantment = vampire), so with a sigh of frustration, I get up, turn off the system, head to work. Halfway there, I'm goin' through the match in my head....computer opponent and I had bounced enchantments back and forth on this one stupid high toll territory that they possessed....and when I'd landed on it, it was enchanted with Peace. *sigh* Now it's time to go home and start again on a match I could've finished this morning....
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:34 AM   #18
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Naw, really didnt lose in that way, but some other crazy stuff happend to me when Im messing around with the computer and try to get the acheivements with making all the lands a certain color, and before I knew it, the computer reaches the castle and WONS THE MATCH!!!!!!