Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-19-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Himuton

Himuton's Gamercard
Sniper! achievement ~ need help!

I usually laugh at the enemy AI (not the enemies themselves whose damage rate is quite high) for being too straight-forward but since I tried to get this achievement, I began to appreciate their alertness to long range attacks. In the game, soldiers can spot us far away. When they do, they never stop moving! There are several things that keep spoiling my bait.

1. Being hit and miss the shot
2. Miss when they dash around
3. Hit the hand although I was aiming at the head...

It is very hard to get ten headshots in a row without missing. I wish GRAW 2 has this achievement because enemies in it stand very still while shooting and rarely hit us (although a hit deals great damage).
---

Oh no, two days passed and no reply. Was there no one who got this achievement or was I too bad at this game that nobody bothers to answer?

A) Use text MSG. On Xbox.com, I can't open voice mails.

B) I speak poor English. Brace yourselves.

Last edited by Himuton; 05-20-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Himuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
New Venari

New Venari's Gamercard
The level where you first get the bow? that's where i got it.

The first ten people you come across can be headshotted, assuming Slade's smart enough to not be seen. Failing that...when you enter the bunker, use the bow to headshot everybody as you sneak through the base. It's a good way to work on the Pincushion acheivement too.
New Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Himuton

Himuton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Venari View Post
The level where you first get the bow? that's where i got it.

The first ten people you come across can be headshotted, assuming Slade's smart enough to not be seen. Failing that...when you enter the bunker, use the bow to headshot everybody as you sneak through the base. It's a good way to work on the Pincushion acheivement too.
You must deserve the praise of sharpshooter. I suck using bow so I think it isn't going to work for me. Thanks for the tips though. After I pursued the MP ones, I'm returning for it. Either get it in one day's attempt or leave it.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You can miss a shot. As long as you kill them with the head shot. It counts as one, but if you kill them in another way it resets.
The level I did it in was the spider tank one, you start off with a sniper. Although they move it isn't to bad to get. As long as you know the above.

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
Himuton

Himuton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
You can miss a shot. As long as you kill them with the head shot. It counts as one, but if you kill them in another way it resets.
The level I did it in was the spider tank one, you start off with a sniper. Although they move it isn't to bad to get. As long as you know the above.
Thanks. But I obtained this achievement today on End of the Road level, after the T-rex attacked enemy troops. I read on Gamespot forum and followed what said. I killed everybody outside the gate with weapons except the sniper rifle. Then I rushed to the gate to trigger enemy presence. Then I retreated to the hill slope, where we held position when the T-rex raided. Enemies seemed to have difficulty seeing us so I took my time to headshot them. They didn't fire a shot! I didn't but if you ran out of enemies after getting 9 headshots, go inside the base and shot the turret guy to the left.IMO this part is far better than the spider tank mission. I just cannot locate the spawn point for enemies. Enemies always shoot at me, if not throw grenades at me. Worse, we have a friendly soldier in there shooting the enemies making them move and fall... I think a video is necessary to explain how it works for some of you. My suggestion now? End of the Road, T-rex part is superb.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Vir

Evil Vir's Gamercard
I've done this achievement on my first try. Just wait until almost end of the game (level called "End of the road") and there when one of your guys get shot (you'll be in front of the enemy base), grab his sniper rifle, finish off some enemies that going your way up the hill you're on and wait for T-Rex to come, eat some soldiers (don't shoot yet!) and when it goes, go to the lava hill next to you, so you'll have direct view to the base's entrance. Now start shooting those bastards - they move on the predefined paths, so you'll be able to hit about 5-6 guys in the same spot (middle of the entrance)! Rest of them will be on your right from the entrance, inside the base.

If you'll run out of the guys, there will be helicopter dropping another group of them once. If still you'll be out of luck, just revert to the checkpoint, it's just before previous cut scene.

And one more thing - don't go too close to the entrance, stay in the maximum distance and just use riffle's zoom (when holding LT press RB to zoom in 2x, 5x, 10x).
Vir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
Andrew Salazar

Spartan6237's Gamercard
i really need help on this achievement. i have tried everything and i cannot get it. i tried how himuton got it. but i still cant get it. i got all ten kills and the achievement wont unlock.
Andrew Salazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
Jag Bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuton View Post
Thanks. But I obtained this achievement today on End of the Road level, after the T-rex attacked enemy troops. I read on Gamespot forum and followed what said. I killed everybody outside the gate with weapons except the sniper rifle. Then I rushed to the gate to trigger enemy presence. Then I retreated to the hill slope, where we held position when the T-rex raided. Enemies seemed to have difficulty seeing us so I took my time to headshot them. They didn't fire a shot! I didn't but if you ran out of enemies after getting 9 headshots, go inside the base and shot the turret guy to the left.IMO this part is far better than the spider tank mission. I just cannot locate the spawn point for enemies. Enemies always shoot at me, if not throw grenades at me. Worse, we have a friendly soldier in there shooting the enemies making them move and fall... I think a video is necessary to explain how it works for some of you. My suggestion now? End of the Road, T-rex part is superb.

Thats the exact same spot i did it on..i noticed after T-Rex attacked and left. The pulse rifle guys come out one after another and stand still for a few seconds before realizing your there so i just peg em off. and when u walk into their base...u run back out and 10 to 12 guys respawn in there and they stand completely still so i just kept pegging them off from the distance...wasnt to difficult once u got the hang of it
Jag Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
Jag Bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Salazar View Post
i really need help on this achievement. i have tried everything and i cannot get it. i tried how himuton got it. but i still cant get it. i got all ten kills and the achievement wont unlock.
kill all guys even after T-rex leaves. Walk into their base ..once u see guys start runnin out and helicopters keep droppin guys.....run wayyyy out. The guys will completely stay still and u can just easily shoot them in the head with no difficulties
Jag Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 AM   #10
Nightmare792

HauntedxShadow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this achievement is incredibly hard and took me multiple tries...glad i have it now
Old 08-09-2008, 07:19 AM   #11
Foxhound300

Foxhound300's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
My suggestion now? End of the Road, T-rex part is superb.
i agree. i let the t-rex kill everyone while i killed stragglers with normal weapons. then i went towards the gate, took cover, and head shot the guys who came rushing across the way to stop me. i believe missing a shot resets it, however, because it took me like 12 tries head shoting everything but since i missed at least once i didn't get it. finally did though. it was great, since i love sniping in all other games i really felt the need to get this one.

It strains the mind a bit don'it? You think you're all alone... maybe I come down the chimney, bring presents to the good girls and boys. Maybe not, though. Maybe I've always been here.

thanks madcap1
Foxhound300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #12
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Im pretty sure missing resets it... i tried it with the pistol and got 10 headshots with no wounding but missed a few and i didnt get it.
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote