PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #61
Khyran Storm

worked like a charm

Man, Prof K was a pain in the rear. I tried him 3 times before looking for help. The advice I received here was golden.

This is how I beat him;

Party level, 99. Immortals, and Sed. I got Kiam, Seth and Ming down to 1 hp by harrassing the toads around level 13-ish. Persistance on, and no ailment resistance so their acid rain will take you down to 1 hp, then turn-tail. Used minor healing items to get to 101 hps on all three.

Once I got to Prof K, I had Sed and Sarah cast Divide (Sarah was double), and the others double-cast Reversa on turn one.

Turn two, K cast Reflect, but I had Seth, Kiam and Ming double-cast a Flarus then Reversa. The Flarus'es(?) all reflected, causing little harm. They didn't even do the Reversas. Sarah and Sed then cast Divides, pretty much nullifying his Generatus. He had approximately 40k hps left after this.

Turn three, all offense. Kiam, Seth and Ming double-cast Reversas. Killed him before Ming even got to go. Sed and Sarah were casting Divides; didn't need 'em.

Thanks for the great advice on how to beat this S.O.B. Talk about frustrating.
Khyran Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:45 AM   #62
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
can you go back up and save on the 25th floor? Or do you have to go back up and save on the 20th floor if you want to save your items before you fight K?
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #63
MightyWingo

MightyWingo's Gamercard
You can go back up at the 25th floor and save but you will have to go from the first floor all the way back down again to fight K.

Also, thanks for this guide. After 4 tries I took K down!
MightyWingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #64
eviltb

Send a message via MSN to eviltb

eviltb's Gamercard
0wn4ge!!! Using this most excellent advice, I took down K on my first try

I would say that unless you are crazy dont take your immortals in with only 1 hp, by all means get them down to 1hp, but then just cast a low-level Heal on them to get them up to a few hundred. This helps if/when K casts Reflect, which is what happened to me. The only thing I was unsure about was what exactly to do with Sed. I just stuck him in the front row and Taunted each turn in case of Forceus. Was this correct? Anyway, didnt seem to matter, K went down during the 3rd round of Reversas, even after he Reflected some. My immortals where lvl 95 and Sed was lvl 85, if that helps too.

"I got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer
eviltb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #65
SetoChaos

Send a message via AIM to SetoChaos Send a message via MSN to SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Failed against him 3 times in a row thinking I could do it at level 70. I didn't do too badly the last time getting him down to 23,000 HP but then he used annihilation over and over combined with restoring his HP back to full >.<

I think I'll train to level 80 or so and try again.
SetoChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #66
Darkprophet

IHwDI Pr0pheT's Gamercard
I tried this a few times, but, I wasn't fully prepared, nor was I following the strat. by the book. Once I get Trasure Trove (I'm on Disc 2 of playthrough 2 for Treasure Trove) I'm gonna nail this battle, hitting 1100 finally.
Darkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #67
SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Finally, done it thanks to this great guide. Now I have 1100
Old 01-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #68
Beatlastcall

I cannot get into any battle on floor 24 been running around for 30min now, how am i supose to get my guys low hp
Beatlastcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #69
SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlastcall View Post
I cannot get into any battle on floor 24 been running around for 30min now, how am i supose to get my guys low hp
Are you sure not at floor 25?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #70
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
sup all

great guide

i was wondering can u get all these skills on disc 4?

im missing:

mimint ear (Lucky 0 Magic Damage)

masters secret script (Weapon Guard 2)

any help would be great.

The following skills:
--------------------
Persistence
HP Boosting skills
Crisis Defence
Complete Defence
Level 8 White Magic
Level 8 Spirit Magic
Lucky 0 Magic Damage
Nullify all elements
Double Cast
Reduce Casting time 2
Mental Stability 2
Weapon Guard 2
Slot +5/Slot +10
Turn-tail
deathmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #71
SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmule View Post
sup all

great guide

i was wondering can u get all these skills on disc 4?

im missing:

mimint ear (Lucky 0 Magic Damage)

masters secret script (Weapon Guard 2)

any help would be great.

The following skills:
--------------------
Persistence
HP Boosting skills
Crisis Defence
Complete Defence
Level 8 White Magic
Level 8 Spirit Magic
Lucky 0 Magic Damage
Nullify all elements
Double Cast
Reduce Casting time 2
Mental Stability 2
Weapon Guard 2
Slot +5/Slot +10
Turn-tail
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...e/928334/51872

That guide should help you find what you need. Weapon Guard 2 was a preorder bonus though so I'm not sure if you can get it. I think it might be available from the Japanese marketplace but whether it's compatible or not is another matter.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #72
Tishan Tom

Tishan Tom's Gamercard
just done this boss FINALLY!!!

did as you guys said with a few exceptions, which was.

equip sed with HP up 3 accesory instead of crisis defence.
equip everyone except sed with LV8 white magic.
equip everyone except sed with MP UP skills
1st turn have sarah (or lowest HP) cast double reflect on sarah and sed.
2nd turn have seth, ming and sarah cast refelct then flare on kaim, ming and seth. kaim have double reversa and sed used gamble or reversa depending on his HP.

then from there have sarah refresh everyones reflect when needed if not use reversa.

this was since sarah being my lowest hp which was around 4k hp so it would make sense to use her for buffs

my levels was something like,

kaim LV72 (max HP)
seth LV57 (about 7-8k HP)
sed LV72 (about 5-6k HP with HP UP 3)
ming LV72 (about 5-6k HP)
sarah LV57 (about 3-5k HP)

this took about 5-7 turns i wasnt really counting just glad its over with!

My 100% Games Retail & Arcade

Last edited by Tishan Tom; 03-07-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Tishan Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #73
SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishan Tom View Post
just done this boss FINALLY!!!

did as you guys said with a few exceptions, which was.

equip sed with HP up 3 accesory instead of crisis defence.
equip everyone except sed with LV8 white magic.
equip everyone except sed with MP UP skills
1st turn have sarah (or lowest HP) cast double reflect on sarah and sed.
2nd turn have seth, ming and sarah cast refelct then flare on kaim, ming and seth. kaim have double reversa and sed used gamble or reversa depending on his HP.

then from there have sarah refresh everyones reflect when needed if not use reversa.

this was since sarah being my lowest hp which was around 4k hp so it would make sense to use her for buffs

my levels was something like,

kaim LV72 (max HP)
seth LV57 (about 7-8k HP)
sed LV72 (about 5-6k HP with HP UP 3)
ming LV72 (about 5-6k HP)
sarah LV57 (about 3-5k HP)

this took about 5-7 turns i wasnt really counting just glad its over with!
Congrats and wow, those levels are quite low for that boss :O
Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #74
Tishan Tom

Tishan Tom's Gamercard
thanks they were lower against the immortal which i had no problems on but i did on the guard and dog battle but this game is now all over and done with thanks to the guides especialy treasure trove... dont think anyone could achieve that with out a guide.

My 100% Games Retail & Arcade

Last edited by Tishan Tom; 03-07-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Tishan Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #75
Proellx420

Proellx420's Gamercard
thank you for the guide, brilliant....

finally 1100/1100

Proellx420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #76
_DoTTeR_

Send a message via AIM to _DoTTeR_

Dotter x360a's Gamercard
I used the following to easily beat him

Turn 1

Double cast-Reversa (kaim,Seth,Ming,Sarah)
Seth cast reflect on kaim

Turn 2

Double cast-Reversa (kaim,Seth,Ming,)
Seth cast reflect on Seth
Sarah double cast reflect on Ming Sarah

Turn 3

Double cast-Reversa (kaim,Seth,Ming,Sarah)
Sed (if alive cast reflect on himself.)

I used all the items the skills/items the topic creator did. Including having them in low health & Sed front row with full. However gave Sed White magic to cast reflect.

Casting reflect early on you don't have to worry about annihlation come round three.

eMo?
YES!
No?
_DoTTeR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #77
pinksheets

pinksheets's Gamercard
The most effective strategy I have found for bringing down your immortals' hp is too do so on the first few floors. Equip ailment nullification on Sed and run around until you encounter random battles with Dark Mutations. They will consistently cast soul absord and all-stonus. Once one of my immortals got down to critical HP, I would turn-tail, and then equip the absorb guard skill on that immortal. Repeat this process until all of your immortals are critical, then proceed to Prof. K.
pinksheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #78
BustaMo

Send a message via AIM to BustaMo Send a message via MSN to BustaMo

Busta 21's Gamercard

I have yet to face him. I accidently made it all the way down the 25 or 30 levels and then went out a door which I thought led to the boss. Instead it transported me up to the top of the Site again.

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

100%
Madden NFL 06 | Madden NFL 08 | NBA 2K6 | NBA Live 08 | NBA Street Homecourt | Madden NFL 09 | Halo 3 (original 1000) | College Hoops 2K6
BustaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #79
pinksheets

pinksheets's Gamercard
This has got to be the worst boss fight I have ever played. I'm struggling to see the point of a boss that you can only defeat through a huge amount of luck, whether it be the slim chance he foolishly fails to cast reflect his second turn or the even slimmer chance you obtain rose quartz. After 7 or 8 tries with this strategy and 8 hours of farming for rose quartz to no avail, I am getting pretty frustrated. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. No more farming though, that's for sure.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #80
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Bah, I did it my own way and I had no troubles as mine is not luck-based at all, it just considers the right timing. And above all I didn't use Reversa, as IMHO it's just dangerous. But anyway, if anyone cares:

Preparation

Kaim, Seth, Ming, Sarah: upgrade their HPs as much as you can; even PMs shouldn't miss, so try to get about 500 PMs. Other skills: Reduce cast timing 1, 2, 3; *don't equip the skill of the Rose Quartz*. Then: White/Black magic 8, Persistence, Absorb elemental damage, Double cast, Auto PM recovery, Double item. Then if you want you can give them other skills, but they won't need.
Sed: equip the Accelerator (Reduce cast time 3), the accessory that provides HP max up 3 (Gigantes Brooch) and the one that provides White/Black magic 8 as well (Master Earrings).

First row: Only Sed.
Second row: the 4 immortals, of course.

Divide is a white magic level 8 skill; the accelerator is the item that sometimes a monster on level 19 drops. 100 PAs needed to be learnt - even better than the 999 required from the rose quartz that, I repeat, mustn't be given on anyone.

Battle

First turn:
Killalon will cast Regenerate ++, that will give him back about 20k HPs each end-turn.
Kaim, Seth, Sarah and Ming: double cast - divide.
Sed: divide.
So you will hit about (9999*2 + 9999*2 + 6000*2 + 6000*2 + 9999) 74000 HPs (Killalon has 100k+).
He might counterattack either with [I don't know how it's called in En-version, but it's a spell that recovers him about 1500 HPs - not too many] or Force ++ (the third level of "Force" magic). If he does, he'll hit just the first-row-character, that is to say Sed; but since he'll cast first, you'll hit the most you can in the first turn.

Second turn - 50k+ HP left: he'll cast Reflects on himself (he does most of times) or some spells that don't annoy. If the latter case happens, much better; you can't know what's gonna happen, though, that's why you have to act as he would use Reflect.
You have to hit him thrice with a magic spell to vanish its effect. So, take note of what I advise you to cast:
Sed: Fire ++ (as before, it's the third level of Fire magic)
Sarah and Ming: Fire ++ / Divide (I mean this: you cast Double spell and you choose Fire ++ as first spell, and Divide as second)
Kaim and Seth: Double cast - Divide
Owing to this commands, Killalon will cast Reflect first; then Sed, Sarah and Ming will cast Fire ++, and the reflect effect will be vanished. Then Kaim and Seth will hit again.
It's important to underline this: if you double cast while he is under reflect effect, just the first spell will hit. That's why Fire ++ and Divide will mean only Fire ++. Although it's very important that you choose Divide as second spell, in order to cast it AFTER he casts Reflect. I hope this step is clear, because it is the most important of the whole fight.
If he uses Reflect, he'll have about 30k+ HPs; if he doesn't, much bad for him, 'cause also Ming and Sarah will have hit, thus lowing his HPs even more (he will survive with around 20K HPs).

Third turn: if he casted Reflects, now you won't have to worry about that. Probably he's going to use Annihilation, but he might also use something else.
Sed: Divide
4 Immortals: Double cast - Divide&Reversa; if you do that, things might develop in two different ways according to what Killalon does. If he's charging Annihilation he will hit last, therefore characters will for sure be able to hit: everyone, none excluded. It means more 9999+9999+6000+6000+[Sed's lasting HPs] = 32+ for sure, that means Killalon's defeat. If he's not charging Annihilation, still you will deal that quantity of damages again; none can die because of his attack thanks to Peristence, and therefore everyone will help in beating him anyways.
If he didn't use Reflect on his second turn, just play the third one as the second one and he'll die all the same.

Well, just try that, you can't miss beating him.

Last edited by Starlight126; 04-01-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Starlight126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #81
pinksheets

pinksheets's Gamercard
Finally sank Professor K after 10 tries or so. I highly recommend that people do not waste their time farming for the rare items, as I spent upwards of 10 hours with no success during that time. I'd say the best bet is to keep attempting the reversa strategy(definitely make sure to use flare or poison to nix his reflect though) and hope for lucky magic defense to save you, but as you work your way down the dungeon each time, make sure to actually fight any of the steam ks or supreme ks you come across. Doing this ended up yielding the accelerator accessory, which led to me bailing on the dungeon, learning the skill, and smashing the professor with Starlight's strategy. Finally got my 1100, and it's time for me to say farewell to Lost Odyssey.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #82
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Hmm i got the 1000 few months back and sort of miss playing this game. I'm going to get the DLC when my bro passes my game back.

1 of my favourite games on 360. <33
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #83
cassetto

Send a message via MSN to cassetto

cassetto's Gamercard

1100. thanks a lot. 1st try. level 82 party.

that bastard casted reflect on second turn but on third i reflected my party too.

5 turns later he was gone.

bye bye
Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #84
Paragon 434th

Paragon 434th's Gamercard
As my first post, I have to give a big thank you for this thread. DeZmonD88 has a good strategy for Prof K, but with my bad luck I could never get it to work. However, using Starlight's setup, I took him down with my first try. Worked perfectly 100% complete. Thanks again!
Paragon 434th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 AM   #85
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Failed. Thanks to a glitch. I would've beaten him. Thanks, Mistwalker. : (

Edit: I've beaten him on my second try. Would've been the first if there wasn't that dumb glitch. : /

1100/1100 after 87 hours and 40 minutes of playtime!

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011

Last edited by T0b3; 04-26-2009 at 03:31 PM.
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #86
CIKShock

CIKShock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
Failed. Thanks to a glitch. I would've beaten him. Thanks, Mistwalker. : (

Edit: I've beaten him on my second try. Would've been the first if there wasn't that dumb glitch. : /

1100/1100 after 87 hours and 40 minutes of playtime!
What glitch are you referring to? (I did it with level 83s using authors strat a while ago. Thinking of doing it again on a NG+ and recording). I don't want to get hit by a glitch I hadn't heard of
Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #87
blu42

blufortytwo's Gamercard
Finished of prof. K on the first attempt thanks to this post.
He cast reflect on his second turn but only managed to kill Sed, apart from that he did nothing but cast weak healing spells on himself, so I reckon I got very lucky.
blu42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #88
GamePaladin1

GamePaladin1's Gamercard
U R A GENIUS!!! I Beat him the first time I tried this strategy. With 25 floors and no save point the trial and error method was making me very sad.

Last edited by GamePaladin1; 06-12-2009 at 10:53 PM.
GamePaladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #89
Joselito

Joselito87's Gamercard
Thank you Dezmon

I defeat him in my 3 try
In the second try i forgot to give Seth and Kaim the 2-magic cast ability

But I'm lucky because He use Reflex in his first turn (so 0 damge to me XD)
Joselito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #90
CIKShock

CIKShock's Gamercard
Grats, somewhat luck... but the strat is 2/2 for me so I'm glad it worked for you as well. Btw, Set the skills before going down and save so you don't have to remember stuff like that in the future (not that there will be a future try for you... as you have the achievement :P)