Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Angry My Account Has Been Suspended?? WTF!?!?

ok here goes.. my gamer tag is Colossus 033.... and i only play on xboxlive with my friends or gamers i meet on this website to boost with... but on the 22nd of may i was playing fine... then the next night i went to sign in and it said that my account had been suspened until the 24th of may... i said ok illl wait till tomorrow.... so i went to sign in on the 24th and wham!! you've been suspended until the 31st of may... so right then i go WTF?!?!?! my friends and i are puzzled.... so i call up xbox support and sit thru all the ?s and BS for them to say they have no control over "feedback" related suspentions... i have to go to xbox.com and in the forums and post my complaint to the moderators who control it... so i said fine and went and tryed... but i couldn't sign in becuz my account is suspended.... so WTF i call back and this dude says well duh that doesnt make sense... he told me to wait it out till the 31st and if it doesnt come back then call them back... wtf wtf wtf... this systems sucks... any a-hole can post complaints and mess up my account and when i call to vindicate my self they are powerless..... WTF Xbox!!!! this sucks.... i pay for the god damn gamertag.... anyways i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else other then me.... we should complain to Xbox to fix this F-up......
thanks
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:
Red Dead Redemption, BF:BC2, Halo3 , CoD 2, CoD 4, CoD: WaW, Oblivion, R6:Vegas 2, Assassins Creed II, The Saboteur, Call of Juarez, Civ: Revolution, Just Cause, Civil War, Gun, King Kong, Fifa 06:RTWC, EA:FN3, MLB 2K6, NBA 2K6, NBA Live07, Madden 06 09, Night at Museum, Cars, Two Worlds, KungFu Panda, Lego: Indy

100% Arcade
Uno, Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way
Colossus033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
MRD64

MRD64's Gamercard
Maybe you were boosting too obviously. If you hadn't noticed it is actually a violation of the Xbox Live rules. Try to be more subtle when boosting in future and just serve the punishment .
MRD64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

so someone noticed i was boosting and complained?? thats crap... i mean WTF.... anyways yeah ill just have to play some single player games from the next week but hey i dont mind... im just mad bcuz people actually bother with this crap.. thanks for your post man.....
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:
Red Dead Redemption, BF:BC2, Halo3 , CoD 2, CoD 4, CoD: WaW, Oblivion, R6:Vegas 2, Assassins Creed II, The Saboteur, Call of Juarez, Civ: Revolution, Just Cause, Civil War, Gun, King Kong, Fifa 06:RTWC, EA:FN3, MLB 2K6, NBA 2K6, NBA Live07, Madden 06 09, Night at Museum, Cars, Two Worlds, KungFu Panda, Lego: Indy

100% Arcade
Old 05-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sorry about your suspension but someone obviously filed complaints against you. The 31st isn't that far away (only 5 days), i haven't had my 360 for 3 weeks and won't get it back till June 10th but you don't see my bitching. Think about all the people who got the red Ring of death? Plus you can still play offline, and if you in a clan and have MP matches have someone fill in for you.

P.S. the feedback and complaint system is rigged, i know i've received bad feedback for people thinking i have a dot on my tv when i use a sniper in MP games, and because i own them or there talking shit so i shut them up....you can't control people and what they think which is why the feedback and complaint system is 99% rigged and microsoft ignores the fact that it needs to be fixed

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

no im not bitching cause i cant play online....i play rock band with my friends anyways and plus i just picked up Mass Effect today so ill be busy with that.. i also regot the red ring of death too before and ya that totally blows.......... I'm ally just ticked off at the system.......... and the week of xbox live that i have already payed for...
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:

100% Arcade
Old 05-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
MRD64

MRD64's Gamercard
I know there are some spoilsports out there.

Some tips for subtle boosting are:

1. Try to keep from asking randomers to help you. Use friends or people from this site.

2. When achieving kill streaks or other such achievements make sure they are not an obvious number like 100. Go to like 107 or something to avoid the eyes of Mods.

The feedback system is a bit rigged. I'm lucky because all some people have ever done to me is avoid me as "unsporting".
MRD64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus033 View Post
no im not bitching cause i cant play online....i play rock band with my friends anyways and plus i just picked up Mass Effect today so ill be busy with that.. i also regot the red ring of death too before and ya that totally blows.......... I'm ally just ticked off at the system.......... and the week of xbox live that i have already payed for...
Yea man, i feel for you. But sometimes like isn't fair

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:49 PM   #8
D3adcell86

Send a message via AIM to D3adcell86

D3adcell86's Gamercard
if you have a lot of people on your friends list just have them put you as a preferred player and it should un suspend you if enough people do it.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
kiwi18
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to kiwi18 Send a message via MSN to kiwi18

kiwi18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD64 View Post
Maybe you were boosting too obviously. If you hadn't noticed it is actually a violation of the Xbox Live rules. Try to be more subtle when boosting in future and just serve the punishment .
Quote:
I know there are some spoilsports out there.

Some tips for subtle boosting are:

1. Try to keep from asking randomers to help you. Use friends or people from this site.

2. When achieving kill streaks or other such achievements make sure they are not an obvious number like 100. Go to like 107 or something to avoid the eyes of Mods.

The feedback system is a bit rigged. I'm lucky because all some people have ever done to me is avoid me as "unsporting".

Boosting is allowed. There is no rule against it, if you find one...please post it.
kiwi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:12 AM   #10
xK1NG L30N1DASx

Send a message via AIM to xK1NG L30N1DASx

SADINOEL GNIK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Yea most likly from boosting.

For my last trick I'll make you...disappear!
xK1NG L30N1DASx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
You Are Scum

Hamboogerler's Gamercard
I think the feedback system needs to be removed. I mean ive looked at my rep and i have 60% review me Unsporting, and its from Kane and Lynch playing fragile alliance, and when i feel greedy, im gonna betray people so i can make more money which is part of the game. Then i got 20% reviewed me Quit Early, because i lost my internet connection. People just abuse it and its pretty irritating too. Maybe the rep should only work if multiple people review the same thing, that would be different then and since its against Xboxs Policy to Manipulate the Feedback system. I think my idea would make a whole lot of since.
You Are Scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:38 AM   #12
Da CRU Mughhh

CRU x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
i had a similar problem but my console got banned, still to this day i have no idea why. i was on the phone with 4-myxbox for 3 hours bitching at them wanting to know why i got banned and had to by a new console. they kept telling me that they do not have to tell me why i got banned. "due to some term agreements when i joined xbox" i don't think it was due to feedback! but im rather mad that they dont' have to tell you why you have to by a new xbox or why your account got suspended! i think its just a mad plot to get get you to by a new xbox! however i did do some research and found out sometimes if your disc reader fucks up it can give out the wrong course code that determines on why it got banned!

i never bought a new xbox i got around it and took it back to best buy and said i got the RROD so screw you Microsoft you got no more money from me

sorry i couldn't be more of help but maybe someone complained about you and said you were glitching or had horrible language! when someone makes a complaint like that on you it actully records your gameplay from what i hear! other then that i don't know!

<--Click to follow me on Twitter
Da CRU Mughhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #13
Slormer

Slormer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You had profanity in your bio/name/location. Good call. Once you are unsuspended, you should probably take it out.

Quote:
Colossus 033's Personal Profile

Name
Code of Conduct

Code of Conduct

Bio

Code of Conduct
Old 05-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #14
xX MaslaN Xx
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xX MaslaN Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xX MaslaN Xx Send a message via Skype™ to xX MaslaN Xx

xXWinterFreshXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
im out right now too....I guess some people dont like black jokes. lol im not raciest....it kind of blows cuz my live is up in like 2 days and thats how long im suspended for....
xX MaslaN Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:17 AM   #15
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX MaslaN Xx View Post
im out right now too....I guess some people dont like black jokes. lol im not raciest....it kind of blows cuz my live is up in like 2 days and thats how long im suspended for....
hey you are suspended too?? for using black jokes??? i mean c'mon people are just so sensitive these days and have no sense of humor...
also im my profile i do say welcome to the colossodome bitch but who cares... how is that offensive?? Xbox gave me the freedom to edit it and put what i want so ahhhh this sucks i hate this crap why cant everyone just get along....... ? = my xbox live account
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:

100% Arcade
Old 05-27-2008, 03:26 AM   #16
AzumAWarrior

AzumAWarrior's Gamercard
The feedback system is totally rigged, I have at least 30-40 people prefer me and my rep stuck at 4 and a half stars, meanwhile my friend who is a dick on Halo constantly is around 33% preferred was at 5 stars. I played with him one night, went down to 66% preferred and was at 5 stars.

That and someone left a racist message for me after a Rock Band match and they still haven't had any action taken against them. I have no faith in this system.
AzumAWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:30 AM   #17
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyf1re View Post
Judging from this thread, i can see why you got mass bad feedback.

One less n00b on xbl i say
im a noob??? what the hell does "mass bad feedback" mean????
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:

100% Arcade
Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 AM   #18
CyanideBreathMint

Mr Czartastic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Can you show us specifically where in the ToS that boosting is mentioned and how it can get you suspended? I mean don't get me wrong, I'd love to believe in the Lochness Monster too but until it's proven to exist...

Quote:
im a noob??? what the hell does "mass bad feedback" mean????
It means a whole shit load of Live members might have filed a complaint against you for one reason or another...enough so that MS took notice and thought to suspend you. It could have been anything from bad gaming behaviour to something on your biography. Can't seeing it being your gamertag.

Doesn't MS at least tell folks the reasoning behind their suspension(s)? That in itself it retarded.

Edit: I see it was because of your biography. Not sure what you had in there but it must've pissed off enough folks on Live. Pay n' learn (when I say 'pay', I mean in lost Live membership that's costing you right now while you can't play), right?

Last edited by CyanideBreathMint; 05-27-2008 at 03:36 AM.
CyanideBreathMint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:37 AM   #19
Suplemental

Send a message via MSN to Suplemental

x T Virus Inc x's Gamercard
as most people av said probably from the fact you were boosting
Old 05-27-2008, 03:44 AM   #20
CyanideBreathMint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suplemental View Post
as most people av said probably from the fact you were boosting
You cannot be suspended for boosting...period. The 'File Complaint' system doesn't even have a descriptor even close to that whatsoever.

The topic starter put something offensive in their biography that enough people complained to MS about.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:47 AM   #21
Suplemental

well its his own fault really. and he posts about it?? when he already knows why his account got suspended???
Old 05-27-2008, 03:48 AM   #22
CyanideBreathMint

Quote:
well its his own fault really. and he posts about it?? when he already knows why his account got suspended???
Agreed, and I'm not here to judge the feller but I honestly don't think he knew why, lmao. Kids.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:52 AM   #23
revenge7777

revenge u 2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Don't you get suspened if you cheat or something or where you talking trash so much that everyone had to give you bad feedback...

revenge7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:54 AM   #24
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

Quote:
no i didn't know it was becuz of my profile... if you read my first post i stated that i was calling xbox asking and they said it was feedback related... they never ever said why.. also every time i sign in it says it has been suspended... but doesn't state a reason why...... the people posting in this thread are the ones that raised the question of my profile.... ive had that in my profile since like july 2007.... i think but still if they xbox live had stated that in the first place i would have known or even if they send me a warning that tell me people have complained about it and i have a week to delete it or ill be suspended.... no they take action without talking to the "accused".... im sorry if this thread is pointless to you but im just puzzled bcuz as i stated i hadnt done anything wrong.... but apparently no huh....
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:

100% Arcade
Old 05-27-2008, 03:54 AM   #25
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Right, to clarify this thread...

It takes only ONE complaint to get your account suspended, because if someone reports you as a complaint (not feedback) then it guarantees that someone at Xbox will personally look into the situation. Major Nelson interviewed the boss of that section some time ago, go dig through his podcasts (it was maybe 6-8 months ago) if you want more details. However, if your bio and such were changed to Code of Conduct, that specifically is an indicator that something was a violation of the agreement for using Xbox Live. Having the word "bitch" in there is a violation of this paragraph of the Code of Conduct:

Quote:
Don't create a gamertag or motto that other users may be offended by, this includes comments that look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate any of the following: profane words/phrases, sexually explicit language, sexual innuendo, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities.
Note that nobody HAS to be offended...it just has to have the POTENTIAL to offend. Posting something like a racist joke (Maslan...) is just plain stupid. Get a job and try that at work, see how long you stay employed.

The comment about boosting is both correct and incorrect. The Code of Conduct specifically prohibits an activity that they label as boosting, but since they also define it, it is clearly nothing to do with what this site refers to as boosting. Here is the relevant portion:

Quote:
Don't intentionally play with someone else who is using mods in order to help inflate your rank, also known as 'boosting'.
"Using mods" is the relevant part. There is nothing in there about deliberately playing to lose or working together as a team to achieve a goal, which is typically what this site refers to as boosting.

If anyone has questions about the Code of Conduct, please read it (link) and feel free to PM me.

EDIT:
Re the "Microsoft should have told me" bit in the previous post... Here is a quote from the COC on that specific point:
Quote:
If you create an inappropriate gamertag you may be required to change it. If you use an inappropriate motto, we may delete it and you may be temporarily locked out of your account. If we are notified that you are abusing the voice feature you may be voice banned. If we are notified that you have posted inappropriate content of any kind, it will be removed. Depending on the severity of the offense, you may even have your account terminated. Microsoft is not obligated to send you a warning before these actions occur.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.

Last edited by Creech; 05-27-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:55 AM   #26
naptownsteeler

naptownsteeler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyf1re View Post
Judging from this thread, i can see why you got mass bad feedback.

One less n00b on xbl i say
I couldn't agree more.

naptownsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:57 AM   #27
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideBreathMint View Post
Agreed, and I'm not here to judge the feller but I honestly don't think he knew why, lmao. Kids.
you re right i didnt know why.... but im not a kid dude im 20 and the profile motto thingy is an inside joke between me and my friends thats all... i wish you could make your profile private so only your friends can see it......
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:

100% Arcade
Old 05-27-2008, 04:00 AM   #28
Suplemental

Quote:
no i didn't know it was becuz of my profile... if you read my first post i stated that i was calling xbox asking and they said it was feedback related... they never ever said why.. also every time i sign in it says it has been suspended... but doesn't state a reason why...... the people posting in this thread are the ones that raised the question of my profile.... ive had that in my profile since like july 2007.... i think but still if they xbox live had stated that in the first place i would have known or even if they send me a warning that tell me people have complained about it and i have a week to delete it or ill be suspended.... no they take action without talking to the "accused".... im sorry if this thread is pointless to you but im just puzzled bcuz as i stated i hadnt done anything wrong.... but apparently no huh....
Sorry about that just didnt understand until this post.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:02 AM   #29
Colossus033

Colossus 033's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Creech View Post
Right, to clarify this thread...

It takes only ONE complaint to get your account suspended, because if someone reports you as a complaint (not feedback) then it guarantees that someone at Xbox will personally look into the situation. Major Nelson interviewed the boss of that section some time ago, go dig through his podcasts (it was maybe 6-8 months ago) if you want more details. However, if your bio and such were changed to Code of Conduct, that specifically is an indicator that something was a violation of the agreement for using Xbox Live. Having the word "bitch" in there is a violation of this paragraph of the Code of Conduct:

Note that nobody HAS to be offended...it just has to have the POTENTIAL to offend. Posting something like a racist joke (Maslan...) is just plain stupid. Get a job and try that at work, see how long you stay employed.

The comment about boosting is both correct and incorrect. The Code of Conduct specifically prohibits an activity that they label as boosting, but since they also define it, it is clearly nothing to do with what this site refers to as boosting. Here is the relevant portion:

"Using mods" is the relevant part. There is nothing in there about deliberately playing to lose or working together as a team to achieve a goal, which is typically what this site refers to as boosting.

If anyone has questions about the Code of Conduct, please read it (link) and feel free to PM me.

EDIT:
Re the "Microsoft should have told me" bit in the previous post... Here is a quote from the COC on that specific point:
i understand... and if they would've sent me a warning i woulda removed it immediately... im on every night so i woulda seen it... but nope.... ahh only in a perfect world....
30,000 12/19/2008

100% Retail:

100% Arcade
Old 05-27-2008, 04:04 AM   #30
CORPSE CRISIS

Location: Calgary,Alberta in the free country CANADA were else??
Send a message via MSN to CORPSE CRISIS

Red Leaf Beast's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
hmm well ive been hearing that it takes 4-5 people to file a complaint for u to get banned for 1 week...but i file complaint if the person deserves to be banned and honestly..they never get banned..u probabily have done somthing and that person got ur gamertag filed by all there friends who thought u were an ass file complaint on u..i get threats like that every day..its really out of controll. if microsoft was a little more organized they would actually review it more therouly rather than banning the person for somthing they didn't even do...

sorry to hear u got banned for no reason..nothing new there.