Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Matt Jo
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Veteran Map Pack DLC Achievement Guide

This is an achievement guide for the new Veteran Map Pack DLC that offers two new campaign maps and one new online map.

1. Mission 7 Complete
You must beat this mission on Professional for the achievement. The mission is called "Kiev" and is pretty easy if done with a partner online thorugh co-op. The only semi-difficult part people seem to have trouble with is the back to back. For the back to back, try to stay on the sides it starts you on, don't keep turning around because that will confuse you. Stay on your side and take out the enemies quickly. Other than this the level is pretty easy. I have head reports of people putting the difficulty to recruit for the back to back, than afterwards switching back to Professional and still getting the achievement but I have not tried this so I can not confirm it.

2. Mission 8 Complete
You must beat this mission on Professional for the achievement. The mission is called "Miami Alternate Ending" and is not terribly hard if done with a partner in online co-op. Mission 8 is not terribly hard until the end where you face off against Dalton. To defeat him make sure your both packing stingers. It should take about 4 rockets to knock him off the catwalk as long as each one was locked on. To easily pull this off make sure once the cutscene ends you run out side of the vault and shoot the stingers from outside the vault door, Dalton will keep circling around so take your time and wait until he walks into your line of sight. Once he is knocked down a cutscene will start. After it ends run imeediatley to one of the little bunkers, they are where all those electrical units are and they are lower down and provide great cover. WATCH OUT for a guy on the second floor who will be firing rockets at you, try to take him out quickly. As for Dalton turn on your GPS to see where he is, try chucking grenades at him and shoot him when he occasionally pops out of cover, try to keep moving around though from "bunker" to "bunker". What my friend and I did was eventually he got into 2X Damage mode and I was in Stealth mode, we were both close to Dalton so he started firing on Dalton with 2X Damage and I ran over in Stealth and started firing into his head. I suggest using the gun with the most damage which is the PKM, as your primary weapon. Anyways once your stealth/2X damage mode is done you should have Dalton down to literally no health if not dead, if this is the case just keep shooting him once the mode ends, and he should die. He died for my friend and I literally once my stealth mode was done.

3. Arnold Braunschweiger
You must destroy 300 destructible objects. Very easily done on Level 8. It will take about 1.5-2 playthroughs of level 8 to do this. Almost anything can be destroyed from fire extinguishers to electrical boxes, to chairs to laptops to TV's etc. In the level there will be a massive fight in an office area, there will be tons of offices on the main room and in side rooms with plenty to destroy (laptops, chairs, clocks, TV's) and then there will be another fight in Dalton's main room before the vault where you will be a huge screen with Tyson and Rios' face on it. That huge screen has 48 individual screens which can all be destroyed. There is nothing more to really say for this achievement though, just shoot anything that looks like it can be destroyed. You can also find an area, destroy everything than die and come back and keep rinsing and repeating. But after a maximum of 2 playthroughs of the level destroying everything you see you should have it. I got it in 1 and a half playthroughs. It unlocked on my second playthrough in the massive TV room with Tyson and Rios' face on the screen. Oh yea and also if you are doing co-op you must each destroy 300 objects, you can't get 150 than have your partner get 150, each person must destroy 300.

4. I Wanna Be A Cleaner
You must kill Dalton with a pimped .44 model 29 handgun. First equip that specific handgun and make sure the appearence is pimped. Then start a co-op game on Mission 8 on recruit. Once you get to Dalton try to get him down to about 2 bars of health, maybe less, once done get one partner to draw enough aggro to go into 2X damage mode. Make sure you are close to Dalton once in stealth mode, once in stealth mode run over to Dalton and shoot him repeatedly in the head with the pistol. When I did this I shot him about 5 times and he didn't die although once stealth mode ended I shot him once more and I got it. So I don't think you can get it in stealth mode but once stealth mode is over he should have like no health so you can just shoot him in the head. The trick here is to make sure the final blow that kills him is a headshot with the pistol. So there are a bunch of various methods to do this. Just do what works for you.

5. I promise to kill you last
You must kill Dalton in under 40 seconds. Easiest done on recruit in co-op. Once the fight with Dalton starts have both ppl use PMK's if you can't shoot well enough with it then use AK-47's. you must knock him off the bridge within 10-12 seconds max, if you have to reload or if he walks to far to the right, it has taken you to long, once you do this and he is knocked off, imediatley after the cutscene take out your sniper, use the M107, and have both people instantly start firing headshots at Dalton, he should be across the room, once the cutscene is done he will directly across the room from you. it might help to take 2-3 steps to the left to get a clearer shot. if you both hit him with 2-3 headshots you should make it in under 40 seconds. the achievement should pop up about 2 seconds after he dies so you will know. now this is a very difficult achievement, you won't get it quickly. you and a partner will have to practice this many time. I know I did. The most key part is being able to knock Dalton off the catwalk in about 10 seconds, 12 max!! Try to get him before he goes past the first bend of the catwalk. Just open fire right away with a PMK or Ak-47, me and my friend used Ak-47's but PMK does more damage but is less accurate. To get the headshots you will need to get lucky. Sometimes Dalton will run and hide, but right when the cutscene ends you will have a few seconds where he is out in the open shooting at you and if you get lucky he might even stop to reload before running to cover. You have to have your hand on the LB button in the cutscene getting ready to swtich to sniper. Once that scene ends run 2-3 steps to the left if you need to and instantly line up a few headshots. Like I said I got about 3 off on him and my friend got about 2-3. The headshots are key.

6. That's Right Who's Laughing Now
Ok so this is an online one, and despite what most people think, you can do it on any map. Not just the new map. Now for this achievement you have to buy weapon pack 8. That's it LOL. Just do bounties on any map because bounties makes the most money and once you have about $450,000 you can buy weapon pack 8. I forget the exact price but it's around that. Once you have that amount or more head over to any weapon station, select pack 8 and buy it. The achievement will instantly unlock.

Anyways I hope this achievement guide has helped you all attain 150 more points for Army of Two. Any questions just ask. Also could a mod sticky this?

Last edited by Matt Jo; 05-31-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some things
Matt Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Not bad man, think you missed the one for buying the MP gun pack though.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
Kodomobe

Send a message via AIM to Kodomobe Send a message via Yahoo to Kodomobe

Kodomobe HBI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jo View Post
3. Arnold Braunschweiger
You must destroy 300 destructible objects. Very easily done on Level 8. It will take about 1.5-2 playthroughs of level 8 to do this. Almost anything can be destroyed from fire extinguishers to electrical boxes, to chairs to laptops to TV's etc. In the level there will be a massive fight in an office area, there will be tons of offices on the main room and in side rooms with plenty to destroy (laptops, chairs, clocks, TV's) and then there will be another fight in Dalton's main room before the vault where you will be a huge screen with Tyson and Rios' face on it. That huge screen has 48 individual screens which can all be destroyed. There is nothing more to really say for this achievement though, just shoot anything that looks like it can be destroyed. You can also find an area, destroy everything than die and come back and keep rinsing and repeating. But after a maximum of 2 playthroughs of the level destroying everything you see you should have it. I got it in 1 and a half playthroughs. It unlocked on my second playthrough in the massive TV room with Tyson and Rios' face on the screen.
First off, nice guide.

I assume if you're playing co-op with someone, each player has to destroy 300 items to get the achievement, no? Thanks!

Kodomobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
Matt Jo
Banned User

alright i added some extra information into the guide
take a look

Last edited by Matt Jo; 05-31-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: not needed anymore
Old 06-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #5
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
alright i added some extra information into the guide
take a look
Good deal. I know that acheivement is easy but it belongs in the guide with the other ones.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #6
IRONMAN

Rex odii's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
not bad guide..for the "I Promise to kill you last", my buddy & I didnt do it that way.

My Weapons:
-MGL-MKX (Primary)
-P90 (Secondary just in case)
-Stingers (Special just in case)

Friends Weapons:
-AUG (Primary..or use whatever else you want)
-Stinger Missle Rocket Launcher (Special)

Right after Dalton finishes talking, I would start shooting 5-6 grenades at him, slightly before him so he walks into them) as my partner locked on to dalton with the stinger & fired one missle. He falls pretty quick..

This is the tricky part. Right after the little cut sceen, (depending on what side your on), both run towards around the oval clockwise, or counterclockwise, again depends on where you are after the scene..

My partner would get one clear shot, lock on with the stinger & shoot. As soon as the rocket leaves the barrel, he takes out his AUG & starts shooting head shots if possible. MEANWHILE, I am reloading my MGL & run towards the inner circle. This should leave enough time to aim perfectly at him & get 6 shots right at his body.

If you can pull it off, this will get you the achievement. Don't give up..but once you know your gameplan, you'll eventually walk away with this achievement. Good Luck & hope it helps.

LISTEN TO METAL
IRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:59 AM   #7
Superacdcfan

Superacdcfan's Gamercard
Handy Guide for I promise to kill you last 30G.

~Solo Guide Recruit Difficulty~

Get + Equip the MGL gun (last gun on the primary list aka grenade launcher) and a powerful sniper/accurate.
Reach the cutscene before the fight between Dalton and you. Now if you don't make the 40 Seconds achievement just retry the last checkpoint. As soon as the cutscene is over get ready to look up and to the left a little, and press up twice to activate aggressive forward command for your AI partner. Dalton will be on the third story catwalk. Now while your AI buddy is busy, focus shooting a step or two ahead of Dalton (so the grenade hits him). After about 5-7 accurate shots he'll fall off the catwalks. Another cutscene is shown. After which you need to hit up on the d-pad twice again to activate aggressive forward command (so your AI buddy is keeps Dalton's guys busy). Next whip your sniper out LB+right on d-pad. Quickly aim at his head, Fire, Repeat 1-2 more accurate shots, Achievement unlocked!

~Co-op guide~

Same as solo except ignore the up on the d-pad twice part (get your buddy to help shoot Dalton with a fast primary like the M134) and instead of you sniping (unless your friend has the MGL) your friend snipes while you keep Dalton's guys busy.

~The Arnold Braunschweiger 20G achievement guide~

This may be done on any difficulty but if you are going for the achievement above and would like both Recruit is the best.To save time it is best to do this achievement before you do the Dalton achievements. Right before the cutscene mentioned above, you simply destroy the binder things on the shelves in the circular room before the fight. Make sure you completely destroy the binders and stay away from the center circle. Don't forget the binders in the back. If you do not get it the first go through just go to the last checkpoint and repeat until achievement unlocked appears (you get around 75-150 items destroyed each go through if you don't miss any)!

~Mission 8 Complete 30G Dalton tips~

On this mission it was pretty simple to beat. Just continue to kill enemies until you fight Dalton. Dalton was rather annoying so to help other people like me who are having trouble and still have yet to beat him, here's some tips.

Use the MGL to get him off the catwalks. If it's co-op get your buddy to use the M134. After the cutscene head to the right and go down the slope to the next lower circle ring (not the center circle). Stay hidden but be fast (no crouching) and move on the far right outer part of the circle. Once you reach the slope closest to Dalton go up it. The guy with the MGL should rush with a P90 and shoot Dalton in the head continuously (do not try to escape death). Make sure your partner followed you and is shooting him while you are getting killed. Right before both of you die he should die as long as you were aiming at his head. If not simply repeat after reloading the last checkpoint.

Last edited by Superacdcfan; 06-01-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Superacdcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #8
DTF INFERNO

Full Primal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Nice guide man, should make getting these a lot easier.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #9
Johnny Candles

Johnny Candles's Gamercard
I tried doing Mission 7 on professional but got stuck at the back-to-back scene. After that scene there are no other checkpoints. So, you cannont do the back to back on recruit and then jump back to professional unless I missed something.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #10
IRONMAN

Rex odii's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
same here, that last back-to-back is stupid..wish it was a checkpoint

LISTEN TO METAL
IRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
Matt Jo
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Candles View Post
I tried doing Mission 7 on professional but got stuck at the back-to-back scene. After that scene there are no other checkpoints. So, you cannont do the back to back on recruit and then jump back to professional unless I missed something.

you may be right, i only wrote tht in the guide because that is what I had heard from someone, I hadn't tested it, try doing the whole level on Professional and then just that checkpoint on Recruit, maybe that is what he was referring to??
Old 06-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
Johnny Candles

Johnny Candles's Gamercard
Quote:
you may be right, i only wrote tht in the guide because that is what I had heard from someone, I hadn't tested it, try doing the whole level on Professional and then just that checkpoint on Recruit, maybe that is what he was referring to??
Yeah I tried that. Right before the back to back scene is the last official checkpoint where it shows your money in the upper left hand corner of the screen and it flashesh "checkpoint". After the back to back you finish the level.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #13
Subion

Subion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:

I tried to change to recruit for the b2b scene. You don't get the achievment and there is no way to change back to pro. that i could find. I wish there was that scene is the worst in the game.
Blacksite Area 51 (anything but CTF)
Gauntlet

100,000 GS 12/31/09
200,000 GS 05/29/12
Subion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:42 AM   #14
reBeL

Me and my bud had problems with that b2b as well.... we figured out a rather good strategy for it though. Don't move around too much, cover one side of the room each and learn the pattern of how enemies are spawn. Hope this helps, good luck!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
Figgsy91
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Figgsy91

Figgsy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
How Do You Get Dalton To Fall Off!!!!!!!!!!

Know Explanation! Do I Just Shoot Him?
Figgsy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #16
Kodomobe

Send a message via AIM to Kodomobe Send a message via Yahoo to Kodomobe

Kodomobe HBI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgsy91 View Post
How Do You Get Dalton To Fall Off!!!!!!!!!!

Know Explanation! Do I Just Shoot Him?
Yeah, you just have to shoot him a bunch. I used a front-mounted GL, then shot him with my gun until he fell.

Kodomobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #17
[M]ike

Send a message via MSN to [M]ike Send a message via Skype™ to [M]ike

Mikestoke's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
When I did it, I used the grenade launcher to get him down by 9-10 seconds, then from there I just ran round and nailed him free-aim with a sniper rifle lol.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #18
Steph Kai

Do you need to do it on professional to get all the achievement, or only the mission 7 and 8 achievements. Im pointing on; can i kill Dalton on recruit and still get the achievement.
Steph Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #19
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
You only need to do missions 7 & 8 on Professional to get the Professional-specific achievements unlocked, for the rest you can use whichever difficulty you like.

100% Complete Retail: 12 Arcade: 22
90%+ Complete Retail: 27 Arcade: 5
75%+ Complete Retail: 29 Arcade: 11

PSN ID: SNAKES-774
x SNAKE5 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #20
Alfman1

Alfman1's Gamercard
For the destroy 300 objects achievements, theres a really good area which has 48 objects making up one big screen.

If you wanna put that in your guide then feel free. I think its usefull for those who don't wanna play it more than once like me

Description:
Just go on level 8 until you get to the room with the finger scans and stuff. In the background you'll see a HUGE monitor with Salem and Rios's faces' on. Run through this area until you hit the checkpoint (the one where you kick down a door.)
Then run out of the door, and head left.

You'll now see the big monitor is 48 little tv's making up a bigger picture. Destroy these, then load the checkpoint, repeat 6 times and waheeey. Easy.

See my 100% Completed games here!!
Alfman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #21
Alexander1227

Alexander1227's Gamercard
Thanks man, im just having a little trouble doin the killing dalton under 40 secs achievement
Alexander1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #22
odysseus123

odysseus123 vtb's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I just finished mission 8 on professional on my own, you could imagine the anger I went through. Dalton was a bitch, but after countless times of dieing I was able to finish him off while getting the "I wanna be a cleaner" achievement. I used super's tip of going from "bunker" to "bunker"
odysseus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #23
PhoenixRising17

Send a message via MSN to PhoenixRising17

PhoenixRising17's Gamercard

Any tips on the back to back moment? Its to hard and my friends sucks at this game so I need to do it solo...

-Credit goes to Snowman for the awesome sig-

-Looking for partner Spec ops missions on veteran MW2-
PhoenixRising17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #24
odysseus123

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising17 View Post
Any tips on the back to back moment? Its to hard and my friends sucks at this game so I need to do it solo...
With the back to back moments it is best that you stick to the side your character looks at from the start. Keep firing at the guys coming out and eventually they'll stop coming through that end. At this point start turning to your right and take those guys out. You'll eventually finish them off since your partner will work on his side and you on your side.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #25
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
1. Mission 7 Complete
You must beat this mission on Professional for the achievement. The mission is called "Kiev" and is pretty easy if done with a partner online thorugh co-op. The only semi-difficult part people seem to have trouble with is the back to back. For the back to back, try to stay on the sides it starts you on, don't keep turning around because that will confuse you. Stay on your side and take out the enemies quickly. Other than this the level is pretty easy. I have head reports of people putting the difficulty to recruit for the back to back, than afterwards switching back to Professional and still getting the achievement but I have not tried this so I can not confirm it.

My friend and i can't seem to get past the back to back part, can someone please help!

Also has anyone confirmed the method above? About switching the difficulties.

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:11 AM   #26
kevinsomnia

kevinsomnia's Gamercard
For the Arnold achievement someone mentioned the black binders on all the shelves in the vault, but I think it would be a good idea to mention that each section of the binders can be shot twice, once to scatter the majority of them from the shelf, and again to clear the remaining few.

Currently I do not have Xbox LIVE.
kevinsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #27
Kaney WG

Send a message via MSN to Kaney WG

The Contr0l's Gamercard
Damn that back to back is tough, still havn't gotten passed it! Has anyone actually done it solo?
Kaney WG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:24 AM   #28
odysseus123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaney WG View Post
Damn that back to back is tough, still havn't gotten passed it! Has anyone actually done it solo?

i did it solo while on professional.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #29
Kaney WG

Send a message via MSN to Kaney WG

The Contr0l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by odysseus123 View Post
i did it solo while on professional.
What gun did you use? Did you just stick to one side? Coz I found that I move way too slow to move around too much, but my ally keeps moving around :S
Kaney WG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #30
odysseus123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaney WG View Post
What gun did you use? Did you just stick to one side? Coz I found that I move way too slow to move around too much, but my ally keeps moving around :S
I used a fully upgraded PKM. The trick to the back-to-back is you have to pay attention to the side you start off on. Once the camera pans around you and stops, stay facing that direction and kill everyone that comes out. There is a 2-3 sec pause between when the NPCs die and when they come out of the doorway so stay on your side until those guys are gone. Then when they are gone move to your right until you see more enemies and do the same thing as I said above. Eventually you'll come out of it. Don't worry about trying to take down your allies side because you WILL die in the process.