PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
LilShadow23

LilShadow23's Gamercard
Angry Need help on Avid Iventor achievement.

I've beaten Bioshock 7 times and invented way more than 100 items, but I still can't get the Avid Inventor Achievement. I've looked at videos on youtube, followed everything thing they did and still can't get the Achievement. HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!
LilShadow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You might have a random glitched achievement. Or you might getting about 98 inventions. You never know. I have not played this game in a long time but check in the pause menu, it might show how many things you invented.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This was the only achievement I had to go back from my last save to get. I had to spend a good hour collecting items to invent before I got it. All I can suggest is that you try and make sure you pick up your inventions (don't let them just sit at the base of the machine) as I read somewhere that may affect the achievement.

BTW inventions do not carry across playthroughs - you must invent 100 items in a single game.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
BigFellaJake

BigFellaJake's Gamercard
if thats try about having to do it in one playthrough, i feel even more foolish now because i deleted my other account by accident
BigFellaJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
FredOnToast

FredOnToast's Gamercard
I actually numbered down the number of things I invented as I invented them, and I got around 130 with no achievement. I was using my friends copy, and he said he never got it, so my bet is that some of the games are actually glitched for that achievement.
FredOnToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
Perfectionist66

Carter x360a's Gamercard
1. must be done in one save
2. you dont need to pick em up, i never did.
3. get the tonic where you invent two for every one item
4. you will most likely have to go back throughout the game before you kill the last boss.

5. problem solved, i had no problems.
Perfectionist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 AM   #7
Soldier 4 I AM

Soldier 4 I AM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectionist66 View Post
1. must be done in one save
2. you dont need to pick em up, i never did.
3. get the tonic where you invent two for every one item
4. you will most likely have to go back throughout the game before you kill the last boss.

5. problem solved, i had no problems.
Well put. I love it when someone says the game is glitched due to (fill in the blank). It gets people worried about not getting their achievements

GT: Soldier 4 I AM

1000:
200+ Retail Completed
Soldier 4 I AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:55 AM   #8
Captain EvdO

Captain EvdO's Gamercard
This was the last achievement i got for bioshock (excluding that pesky not dying one.) It was surely a bitch but what I did was go through one playthrough collecting every single ingredient i could find. Search every nook and cranny of the market area. Do not invent a single item until you have the inveting plasmids and tonics or whatever. one makes two for every one and the other knocks one ingredient off per item. Then when you get all the way to right before you get in the elevator to face the last boss, start inventing.

Keep a tally of how many you make. I think I got to about 95 and then went back and killed anyone i saw and looted their bodies. It is really a pain but very doable.
Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Avatar TLA, BioShock (1100), Bully: Scholarship Edition, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fable 2(1350), Halo 3 (1325), Hitman Blood Money, Jumper, Just Cause, LEGO: Indiana Jones, LEGO: Star Wars 2, LEGO: Star Wars TCS, Lost Via Domus, Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1250), Mass Effect (1050), Mirror's Edge, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Oblivion (1250), Superman Returns, The Force Unleashed
Captain EvdO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:02 AM   #9
Soldier 4 I AM

Soldier 4 I AM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain EvdO View Post
This was the last achievement i got for bioshock (excluding that pesky not dying one.) It was surely a bitch but what I did was go through one playthrough collecting every single ingredient i could find. Search every nook and cranny of the market area. Do not invent a single item until you have the inveting plasmids and tonics or whatever. one makes two for every one and the other knocks one ingredient off per item. Then when you get all the way to right before you get in the elevator to face the last boss, start inventing.

Keep a tally of how many you make. I think I got to about 95 and then went back and killed anyone i saw and looted their bodies. It is really a pain but very doable.
Great idea ill have to tray this. i just started the Brass Balls Acheievement.

GT: Soldier 4 I AM

1000:
200+ Retail Completed
Soldier 4 I AM is offline   Reply With Quote