PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Aces of the Galaxy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Tidbits of achievement info

I just went through the game, and here are some tidbits regarding the achievements. I'm no good in creating a guide, but for those who are, feel free to copy & paste these tips onto the guide. Credit is appreciated! xD

Anywho, these achievements are self-explanatory. But to give you an outlook on what to expect on your journey:

* All achievements can be done in CO-OP unless noted otherwise (Verified by Sarone T C)

*These achievements DO NOT STACK BY DIFFICULTY! This means that beating it on Hard difficulty does not unlock the Normal difficulty achievements.

* Scourge of the Skurgians (20 points)
Achieve 10,000,000 points

This isn't as hard as it sounds. Playing on Hard, I managed to snag 18mil at the end. This is on my first run through, so 10mil isn't much. You'll probably get it by Mission 8 or 9. Also, for huge points, when an area seems empty (or feel free to use it , use your scanner (Y Button) and you may find an invisible carrier ship that nets you an easy 75,000 points! (more with combo multipliters!) Don't forget your combos as they'll be a huge & easy source of points.

* Alien Eradicator (10 points)
Earn 5 Stars on all 25 Levels on Normal
* Hero of Vanguardia-7 (35 points)
Earn 5 Stars on all 25 Levels on Hard

You will NOT get these in one or two playthroughs. Now before you go "Well DUH! You have to change the difficulty GaMeReVX, you silly butt!" which is true, also note than the game is split into 3 different areas. Think Starfox. For those that don't know, if you pick up a purple orb (Warp Orb), you'll get to choose the next area to go to. If you don't, you'll keep going a straight path. There are 3 different areas, a fire-like (Dark Star), earth-like (Asteroids), and ice-like (Ice Nebula) (sorry, only went through Dark Star as of this writeup).
(This information is not verified to my knowledge. This is from a first glance.)

Extra Note: AFAIK, there is no Mission Select from the menu. So if you wanna go back to a Mission you 4* or less, you gotta work your way back to it.

* Survivor (20 points)
Complete 5 Levels without losing a life
* Invincible (30 points)
Finish game without losing a life

I advice you, if you can, to get those on Normal, as you'll also be working on Alien Eradicator.

That's all for now. Will edit as I go along. Thanks for arming yourself with more knowledge! xD

Gears of War 3 Video Collectibles Guide
Resident Evil 5 Video Emblem Guide

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/gamerevx
AotG: 1st to beat on Hard/US & Team to 200.
My 1st achievement guide!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by GaMeReVX; 06-04-2008 at 10:38 PM.
GaMeReVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
... additions...

Some of the easier Achievements (INVINCIBLE, PROTOTYPE PILOT, EARTH DEFENDER, SCOURGE OF THE SKURGIANS, SURVIVOR) can be done on EASY and it really is easy!

All of the Achievements (except the obvious SP ones) can be done in CO-OP.

The easiest 'ladder' to choose is the middle one! (At least from my experience)

(And this game kills arms, hands and eyes!) Good fun, though!

Last edited by tastefulmrship; 06-04-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Err.. error in keyboard!
tastefulmrship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Thanks for the verification Sarone T C. Every time I play, I can't find a co-op game...-_- I just usually play solo.

I do agree with you though, it's an EAH killer. xD

Old 06-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Pippers

Send a message via AIM to Pippers

Lil Pips's Gamercard
Does anyone have input as to what counts for the 5 stars? Is it just final score, or some mixture of score, combos, times hit?

I am having a tough time getting 5 stars. Is it much easier getting 5 stars in coop?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #5
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

I haven't done Co-Op yet. -_-

I have a very good feeling it's based on final score. I have died a couple of times and still netted a 5 star in a mission.

Just keep chaining, smash that A button. Don't forget your torpedos for the big guys.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
More snippets

My favourite tactic is to press A and X together against the smaller ships and then A and B for the larger ships.

In CO-OP, it's best to keep to one upgrade. Have one player upgrade CHAIN GUN as it's good against smaller ships (and those f*cking SUICIDE SHIPS), the other with either SCATTER MISSILES or TORPEDO for the larger ships. Obviously, share HEALTH accordingly... (ie whoever needs it, gets it!) EXTRA LIVES should be sought out as a priority!

If you die completely in CO-OP, you get to start the level you wer last playing again, but this time with all 4 lives (1 per player and the 2 reserve). This means you can charge the 5* HARD Achievement even if you both continue to die!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
There are only 25 levels... I'm a divvy! Sorry!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
Perfectionist66

Carter x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefulmrship View Post
There are only 25 levels... I'm a divvy! Sorry!!!!
Lol I was gonna say... but yeah, in case you guys wanted to know, I don't think you can get invincible in multiplayer. just ran through on hard with gamerevx and I never died. I am NOT sure though because he did die, but i didnt.

edit: alright I have a partner! its all good we'll be #2

Last edited by Perfectionist66; 06-05-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Perfectionist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #9
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
I played a co-op game with someone yesterday and he got the INVINCIBLE achievement while we were getting 5* on NORMAL. If I remember rightly both of us survived the entire game, so you're probably right; both parties have to survive the 9 levels to get the achievement.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #10
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectionist66 View Post
edit: alright I have a partner! its all good we'll be #2
The top 3 are what's important. Win! Win! Win!
Here's to seeing your name in lights! (well, pixels... but you know what I mean!)
Old 06-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
Perfectionist66

Carter x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefulmrship View Post
The top 3 are what's important. Win! Win! Win!
Here's to seeing your name in lights! (well, pixels... but you know what I mean!)
lol thanks. I couldve gotten the 200 last night cause all I have to do is five star the firey-world and Im done, but i was too tired and nobody is even in a close second behind me.
Perfectionist66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #12
Pippers

Send a message via AIM to Pippers

Lil Pips's Gamercard
In case anyone else wants to delve deeper into this: I played the game as I would play rez. I used the multiple lock on for almost the entire game. I felt like I killed around 90% or more of the enemies (but I rarely killed the bosses), and I rarely used the chain gun.

I only got 2 and 3 stars all the way through normal (but never died).

So, even though I killed a lot of enemies and never died, I did not get very many stars. I wonder if using the chain gun gets you more points towards the stars...
Old 06-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #13
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectionist66 View Post
lol thanks. I couldve gotten the 200 last night cause all I have to do is five star the firey-world and Im done, but i was too tired and nobody is even in a close second behind me.
I nearly didn't get it last night. I caught a message from GaMeReVX as I went to bed (around 01:30 GMT), but couldn't sleep. I got back up, accepted his game request and went for it. I only needed 1 from Dark Star, 1 from Asteroids and 1 from Ice Nebula... but it was #9 from Ice Nebula, so we had to play the entire game! After playing for 17 hours, my hands were not happy with the prospect of playing again! I'm paying for it today, though!

There are a number of people who already have 200, but either don't know about the compo or aren't bothered. Try hooking up with one of them! I'm sure the promise of a free game could sway their emphusiasm. Or, you could always hit on some of the other people online playing AotG. I've received countless messages and 7 FRs since playing yesterday. (I hate it when people send random messages and FRs just because you're further than them in a game! I seem to get it every week, now. I think I'll leave it a few days before playing any new XBLA game in the future!)
Old 06-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #14
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
4 star petrol, 5 star achievement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippers View Post
In case anyone else wants to delve deeper into this: I played the game as I would play rez. I used the multiple lock on for almost the entire game. I felt like I killed around 90% or more of the enemies (but I rarely killed the bosses), and I rarely used the chain gun.

So, even though I killed a lot of enemies and never died, I did not get very many stars. I wonder if using the chain gun gets you more points towards the stars...
There's your problem, I fear. The little ships do 1000-10000 (depending on combo), the carrier ships do 7500-45000, bosses do 20000-80000 and hidden carriers do 75000-150000. You really need to get those big ships to get the big scores. Big scores mean big star ratings.
When I get feeling back in my hands, I'll try to work out the minimum for 5 stars.

Asteroids - Level 1 - 1,300,000 seems to be the norm (NORMAL or HARD) and nets 5 stars.

The others, I cannot remember... other than;

Dark Star - Level 3 - 2,400,000 nets 4 stars and 2,900,000 nets 5 stars. (I only know this, 'cos GaMeReVX and I had to do this twice last night before I got 5 stars.)

If anyone else wishes to help, please post here or in a different thread! Ta!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #15
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippers View Post

Hehe, I understand why you would play the game like Rez.

You cannot underestimate the Chain gun in this game. Compared to most games, the Chain gun is actually pretty powerful. Small ships die with ease and it's how you keep a combo up. Upgrade it twice and small ships die under you in less that 2 shots.

Trust me, you'll rarely, if not ever reach a combo above 15 just by cluster missiles alone.