PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Indiana Jones
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-07-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
Frijolie

Frijolies's Gamercard
How We Say Goodbye In Germany

Does any guard gate count? I've been doing Motorcycle Escape over and over again but am still waiting for this to unlock. Motorcycle Escape has 3 guard gates that I run through pretty fast (i just skip fighting all the enemies). I'll bet this will unlock on my next playthrough after posting this. Oh well...Anyone have any better ideas?
Old 06-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #2
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
It certainly takes a while. I did it on the last level of Raiders, where you just run to the right from where you start by a sub, hit the gate with a guard of some kind, and then repeated.

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frijolie View Post
Does any guard gate count? I've been doing Motorcycle Escape over and over again but am still waiting for this to unlock. Motorcycle Escape has 3 guard gates that I run through pretty fast (i just skip fighting all the enemies). I'll bet this will unlock on my next playthrough after posting this. Oh well...Anyone have any better ideas?
I did the same as you, and it unlocked for me. It does take a while though but it will unlock.
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
steelefan15

Send a message via AIM to steelefan15

Poison x Aero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray5555 View Post
I did the same as you, and it unlocked for me. It does take a while though but it will unlock.
It shouldn't take too long as i'm sure you've accessed plenty of gates before

steelefan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
eXtreme 1138

eXtreme 1138's Gamercard
just to confirm, can this be done in Free Play?
eXtreme 1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
Stienfeast9

Stienfeast9's Gamercard
YEs, thats how I did it. I just entered the sub level in free play, knocked waited for the steel door to actually open and then saved and exited just incase I needed to.

Stienfeast9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
Skyripper

Send a message via AIM to Skyripper

Skyripper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks, got it!
Skyripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:36 AM   #8
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Do you actually have to go *IN* the gate after it's opened, or is just opening it enough?
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:58 AM   #9
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIcemanCometh View Post
Do you actually have to go *IN* the gate after it's opened, or is just opening it enough?
You must actually enter the restricted area, so, yes, you have to go through the gate.

Staff Clubs: [4]
Challenge Clubs: Tier One [3], Tier Two [2], Tier Three [0]

Working On: Troy's Club and Knife in the Dark Tier One
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrthnine View Post
You must actually enter the restricted area, so, yes, you have to go through the gate.
That made sense, until I just got it.

I was doing this while checking e-mail just now, and put the controller down as my German (oh, excuse me, "Enemy" ) Officer character was doing the knocking. As soon as he finished knocking, but before I picked up the controller to walk in, it unlocked.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #11
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
That made sense, until I just got it.

I was doing this while checking e-mail just now, and put the controller down as my German (oh, excuse me, "Enemy" ) Officer character was doing the knocking. As soon as he finished knocking, but before I picked up the controller to walk in, it unlocked.
That's pretty funny because I was eating when I got my last one and I actually had to put my food back down and walk through the door before I got it to unlock. I wonder if it just doesn't matter or if it varies based on the location. I was doing it on the Motorcycle Escape level. Maybe if you're accessing a contained space, like a room, rather than a whole new area, you don't actually have to walk through? Which area were you accessing?

Old 06-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #12
TheIcemanCometh

I figured I was pretty close, and I just now started the Last Crusade levels, so I wasn't doing the motorcycle escape level. I was doing mine at the very beginning of the Pursuing the Ark level where you start out in the sub pen, where the area to access has the boat in it and it's on the far right from where you start the level.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #13
Geeluc

Geeluc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
I figured I was pretty close, and I just now started the Last Crusade levels, so I wasn't doing the motorcycle escape level. I was doing mine at the very beginning of the Pursuing the Ark level where you start out in the sub pen, where the area to access has the boat in it and it's on the far right from where you start the level.
That's the way I did it...didn't take too long at all.
Geeluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #14
WOOD BASH 6969

WOOD BASH 6969's Gamercard
I have just got this one to finish my 1000 points and you do NOT have to enter just open the restricted area is enough to unlock the achievement.

1000k Retail Games: 36

200 ARCADE: 2
WOOD BASH 6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOD BASH 6969 View Post
I have just got this one to finish my 1000 points and you do NOT have to enter just open the restricted area is enough to unlock the achievement.
What restricted area did you access when you unlocked the achievement?

Old 06-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #16
shiningcheese

Send a message via AIM to shiningcheese

ShiningCheese's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I did mine on the motorcycle escape level as well. I am posting to clarify that you don't have to enter the restricted area to get the achievement. mine unlocked right after the old shave and a haircut knock.

This was my last achievement so I assumed i had plenty of restricted access counts, at least 30 but I still had to run through that damn level well over 10x. I never want to play lego indiana jones again after that level. But it IS a good game though, just no replay after 100% which takes like 7-8 hours, maybe faster with a guide.
shiningcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #17
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

So, this is my current theory. If the restricted area is part of a larger area, then you don't actually have to walk into it. This covers a large number of areas, including the one on the left side of the radio tower in the Castle Rescue level. These areas don't require any loading for you to enter. If, however, entering the restricted level requires a load - the first gate along the road in the Motorcycle Escape - then you have to go through for it to register.

This could be completely wrong, but its the only thing that makes sense given that
people are reporting two different things. Of course, its entirely possible that, given the history of Lego games having some interesting issues with achievements, that my game just had a little bit of a glitch. If some other people don't report that they had to go through the gate to unlock the achievement, we should probably just go with that thought.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #18
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
Does this achievement have to be done with Indy or another "gooie" wearing a hat or can it be done with one of the "enemy" soldiers?? Just wondering as I've done the motorcycle chase level enough times to have opened those gates 50 times themselves!!!
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - 16/06/2014
AccidentReport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:20 AM   #19
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidentReport View Post
Does this achievement have to be done with Indy or another "gooie" wearing a hat or can it be done with one of the "enemy" soldiers?? Just wondering as I've done the motorcycle chase level enough times to have opened those gates 50 times themselves!!!
Just as Murphys Law would have it....2 enemy gates after posting it unlocked!!! lol
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - 16/06/2014
AccidentReport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #20
sawred

sawred4444's Gamercard
I did it as an enemy soldier in free play. And I don't believe you have to walk into an area that is opened after the knock. I knocked on a door and the achievement unlocked FINALLY. Good luck
sawred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #21
discord

baylorcatholic's Gamercard
for what its worth i did not get mine until i passed through the second guard gate in motorcycle escape, once the next area loaded it popped

discord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #22
GEEN0

GEEN0's Gamercard
All you have to wait for is the guard to nod his head, you dont even need to wait in front of him as long as you remain a german soldier/officer.
In motorcycle escape, I would just knock on the door and then run off to sit on the motorcyle ready for the gate to open, then after the last/third guard quit/save and reload.
It did take longer than I thought it would to unlock though considering I had finished the game days ago.
Each run took 2.20 mins from college/load, level and back to college/load again = 3 doors.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #23
dda24

Send a message via Yahoo to dda24

dda24's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I suggest that if you are going for the achievement on motorcycle run that you go into the shed by the third guard shack after you open it. I think the reason that it is taking extra long for some people doing this level is because you have to do into the shed for that guard tower to count. I wasn't going in there at first and it was taking longer than it should have. Then I stated to go into the shed and on my second run of going into the shed it unlocked. It actually didn't unlock until after I entered the shed. Thats why I believe you have to go in there for that one to count.. Hope it helps so people don't have to do this level 20 times like I had to..
Old 07-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #24
travis.sage

SAGEtheSPARTAN's Gamercard
just a random question, do you have to have all extras off to acquire this achievement ?
travis.sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #25
dda24

dda24's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis.sage View Post
just a random question, do you have to have all extras off to acquire this achievement ?
no it doesnt matter I had some of mine turned on when I was doing it... good luck
Old 07-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #26
KiwikindUK

kiwikindUk's Gamercard
I can confirm that you do NOT have to access the restricted area. I just got mine in the submarine level of Raiders. It popped right after he nodded at me, I didn't go into the side room.

This would suggest you dont have to go into any area, you just need the response from the guard to be positive.
KiwikindUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #27
dda24

dda24's Gamercard

Obiously some you have to and some you don't...... Depends on what area you are going to......
Old 07-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #28
BigFellaJake

BigFellaJake's Gamercard
if its a problem you dont know. wouldnt it make sense just to go through the gates just to be on the safe side?
BigFellaJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #29
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Unhappy

I have done Motorcycle Escape enough times to get 40+ 'accesses' plus I already have the game at 100% so surelit is should unlock!!

I have not gone into the building which opens at the third point on Motorcycle Escape most of those times however, so hopefully that is all I'm missing.

I'm doing the above in Story Mode, I take it that shouldn't be a problem..?

I would use the sub level, but as Free Play crashes so much when trying to load the level it's not really an option.

100% Complete Retail: 12 Arcade: 22
90%+ Complete Retail: 27 Arcade: 5
75%+ Complete Retail: 29 Arcade: 11

PSN ID: SNAKES-774
x SNAKE5 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #30
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy74 View Post
I have done Motorcycle Escape enough times to get 40+ 'accesses' plus I already have the game at 100% so surelit is should unlock!!

I have not gone into the building which opens at the third point on Motorcycle Escape most of those times however, so hopefully that is all I'm missing.

I'm doing the above in Story Mode, I take it that shouldn't be a problem..?

I would use the sub level, but as Free Play crashes so much when trying to load the level it's not really an option.
Do it in Freeplay mode and be an enemy soldier, always go into the secret area just to be safe then restart the level.

Good luck!